The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC3 (FF) Manic Tides"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

cqvenus 9713 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-08-03, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC3 (FF) Manic Tides"

I stand outside under the awning, hovering in the doorway to avoid the persistent drops that are sloshing down. I light my cigarette, and a perfectly aligned drop fizzles it out immediately. Maybe it's a sign. I relight it, anyway. I challenge this like I challenge all other miracles. If it were truly a sign, it would happen again.

I look up into the sky, blinking away the cold tears that fall from the clouds above. This break feels nice. It cuts the humidity down for a day or two, like clockwork.

It's three in the morning. This is one of my episodes of insomnia. I'm riding the wave of mania on through the apex of sleepless nights, watching infomercials and reading too many useless websites, back down to the trough of virtual coma, where the alarm clock sounds for thirty minutes before I awake to the dog licking my face, obviously worried that I wasn't ever going to get up again.

This feeling comes and goes, much like the tides of the summer rain. Highs and lows. Peaks and valleys. Apexes and troughs.

I put out the cigarette and prepare for the day to come. The transition day, where I arrive at work particularly late again, rush around all day to show I may not be punctual, but I'm still efficient, and come home and pass out. I stay asleep for the next few humid sticky days.

By the time the rain comes again I'll be back at another apex.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC3 (FF) Manic Tides L82LIFE 08-08-03 1
 RE: SSC3 (FF) Manic Tides Drive My Car 08-09-03 2
 RE: SSC3 (FF) Manic Tides Lisapooh 08-19-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-03, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC3 (FF) Manic Tides"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-03 AT 04:09 PM (EST)

This is a very haunting piece, CQ. I really liked it.

Edited because CQ's story is haunting, not aunting.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC3 (FF) Manic Tides"
Good piece cq, I liked it.

This line is great really powerful, and tells the reader so much about you

Maybe it's a sign. I relight it, anyway. I challenge this like I challenge all other miracles. If it were truly a sign, it would happen again.

Lisapooh 12661 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-03, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC3 (FF) Manic Tides"
Ok, here's what I think works really really well here. There's a distance in the writing - sort of a detachment. Normally, I wouldn't like that because I want to be drawn in to character's world. But I think that is the strength of this piece because it suits who she is.

She's detached and weary and distant - it's awesome that you have captured that in her words too! I love that you don't try to make her something she's not.

Great job cq!
[

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •