The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WSC2 (FF) Undoing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Superman 3152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-31-03, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WSC2 (FF) Undoing"
Comfort washed down on him as the last letter rolled off of the ballpoint pen and fixed upon the paper. It was the first note he had ever written to his father--rather, the first he’d completed. He reclined slightly and studied the script, feeling more and more at ease as each word dried and took root within the fibers of the page.

He could not fathom the worth of the document in his hands. All that his mother had ever asked of him was right in front of his eyes. It was so much more than a letter. It was freedom, release, and acceptance, all neatly contained within the stationery’s mildly coarse face. Beyond that, it was forgiveness.

In his handwriting, he could see that similarities to that of his mother’s. Her handwritten notes in his lunch pail wore the same curtly crossed “t” and lazily curled “p”. Those notes remain fresh in his mind, though five decades old. Mother had always spoken for father in them, stating that “WE are proud of you.” She had done it out of love, though, they both knew that it was a lie. Father was never proud of anything that his son had ever done.

With this memory, he began scanning each syllable, foraging for imperfections. He hadn’t the need to actually read the words. They had been written in his mind for ages. Yet, he found a mistake. He had misspelled “conscience” and as his fingernails inspected the ridges of the cap on the liquid paper, he entertained the idea of beginning again.

“No,” he thought, remembering how each muscle tightened as the pen met the paper, how the tears had come, and how the torment that had been delved by the addressee had emerged once again. Creating this lone letter had been an isolated event and that was how it was to remain. Nothing had ever been good enough for Father before; he would not expect anything more now.

For a moment, he wanted to wad up the letter and throw it into the already overflowing trash can in the corner. But the eggshell colored paper reminded him of his mother’s tear stained skin. “Forgive your father,” she had pleaded. “He’s just a broken and empty old man now.”

He shook the bottle and removed the brush and he traced each letter of the word with the ivory liquid, in essence re-writing it. He began with the “c” and worked his way forward, mumbling “I before e…” He shuddered at the similarity of the actions--removing the word by writing it again and writing the letter to remove his feelings. He had found the undoing in the doing, the omega within the alpha, the malcontent means to the end.

He blew on the paper until it dried and corrected his mistake, painstakingly trying to make the correction an even mix of hidden and visible, as if to say, “I forgive you, but I couldn’t change then and I won‘t change now. ” He folded the letter and wound it softly around the stems of a humble spray of lilac and lily, snapping it in place with a rubber band.

Tomorrow he would drive to his childhood home, pick up his father, and take him to the cemetery. Tomorrow they would visit Mother and he would plunge the stems into the fresh mound of dirt that was, just today, piled upon her casket. Tomorrow his mother’s dying wish would be fulfilled. But tonight, tonight he would sleep the most peaceful sleep he’d ever known.

Superman - thanks, Pooh!

Criminals From the Neck Up

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing Drive My Car 01-31-03 1
 RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing L82LIFE 01-31-03 2
 RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing Red Lady 01-31-03 3
 RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing Mon Cherie 01-31-03 4
 RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing Wheezy 01-31-03 5
 RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing echogirl 02-02-03 6
 RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing Schnookie Palookie 02-04-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-31-03, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing"
Perfect.
And you made me cry.

So beautiful Supe.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing"
Beautiful, Supes. The emotions that this man was feeling through this process were so palpable, I felt myself crying with him. This piece is really wonderful, you've outdone yourself-again.

Red Lady 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-31-03, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing"
Wow! I am speechless. This is an amazing piece. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Regards...

Mon Cherie 1811 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-31-03, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing"
Another powerful one, Supes. Very touching.

Mon

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing"
Your words are music.

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-02-03, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing"
Poignant! The depth of your writing amazes me Supes. I would love to spend a day in your head to see where you come up with these brilliant stories.

Great work!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-03, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: WSC2 (FF) Undoing"
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing Supes.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •