The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What is the best way to capture a painting for posting?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-25-03, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What is the best way to capture a painting for posting?"
If I can finish a painting I'm about to start (and provided it's not utter crap, which is certainly no guarantee, since I'm no painter ) how can I post it to enter it in the contest?

It's probably going to be too big to scan, would a scanned photograph of it give decent enough quality? (and then there's the matter of getting the photo developed on time, but perhaps I could borrow a digital camera if I can find a friend who has one)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Digital Camera is Prob Best Bet... IceCat 01-25-03 1
 RE: What is the best way to capture... SherpaDave 01-25-03 2
 RE: What is the best way to capture... echogirl 01-25-03 3
 RE: What is the best way to capture... Wheezy 01-29-03 4
   RE: What is the best way to capture... I_AM_HE 01-31-03 5
       RE: What is the best way to capture... Drive My Car 01-31-03 6
       RE: What is the best way to capture... MellowYellow 01-31-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 16886 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-03, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Digital Camera is Prob Best Bet..."
Take your time to light it well... it will effect your color balance.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-03, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What is the best way to capture a painting for posting?"
Even if you can't get it done in time for the competition, I'd still love to see it. We've always scanned my wife's stuff, but it's always been small enough to fit.

Criminals From the Neck Up

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-25-03, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What is the best way to capture a painting for posting?"
If it's larger than 8 x 11 then I suggest borrowing a digital camera. Take several pictures of your painting lying flat on a table with good lighting, the upload them that way. You will probably have to size it down.

And I'm sure your painting is wonderful! Art is subjective--it totally depends on a viewer's interpretation. I recall some elephant's artwork commanding top dollars!

BTW I plan on entering a painting as well, utter crap or not!

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-03, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What is the best way to capture a painting for posting?"
So post it already!! The suspense is killing me, and we're running out of time! Pleazy Wheezy?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-03, 03:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What is the best way to capture a painting for posting?"
well, its almost done, although its not all that great (or even close )

i might finish in time to post it by the end of the day, but i still haven't found anybody with a digital camera

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-03, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What is the best way to capture a painting for posting?"
If you don't get it by the end of the day, you need to post it when you can. Contest or not, we would love to see it. All about the sharing!

MellowYellow 346 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-31-03, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MellowYellow Click to send private message to MellowYellow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What is the best way to capture a painting for posting?"
I would love to see it as well. This has been a lot of fun, even though I'm new . I realized what a crappy photographer my Dad really is when it's other people's stuff!

Have you noticed friends look at you funny or offer to take the pics for you, when you want to borrow a digital camera? Lol!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •