The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Silvergirl1 8694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-03, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf"
True story: No, not a story about true, but a real tale of dating angst. It's the kind of story from my past that makes me glad I'm not single anymore.

Once upon a time, I worked for Control Data Institute. I had worked as a programmer for 2 years before I worked for them. I had gone to the school for my training before that. While I was working as a programmer, I had met a man named Paul, who had also attended Control Data Institute, but at a different time. We met while in training at the programming job.

Anyway, I left the programming job to work as an instructor at CDI (Control Data Institute).

One year, a co-worker had a Christmas party at her house, about the time I had renewed my acquaintance with Paul. We had gone on only one date, when I invited him to the Christmas party. I figured that the staff at the party would know him and he would have a nice time.

Well, we went to the party and everything was going pretty well, except when I went to introduce him, one of the instructors on the staff didn't look too happy too see Paul.

Then the dance music started and no one got up to dance. That didn't stop Paul, the crazy boy! He somehow without my noticing had brought along his blue smurf doll, and he decided to dance with it in the middle of the floor while everyone watched. Talk about your awkward moments. I stood there somewhat perplexed as to why Paul would rather dance with a blue doll instead of asking me, until a co-worker urged me to get him to stop. He was literally throwing the doll up in the air and catching it, dancing around and stuff. It was embarrassing to me, but he remained clueless.

It turns out, he was rather attached to the doll. He kept it with him at all times. He used to tie it to his chair when he was working at the computer while he was attending classes at CDI. The instructor who was not happy to see him was constantly on him for having that blue smurf in the computer room.

We stopped dating soon after that incident. Paul moved on and found a woman who understood the smurf thing - at least I know he got married. I have no idea how she feels about smurfs, but I imagine she likes them, since he had his around him a lot of the time.

And I have lived happily smurf free ever after. The End

Silvergirl

Blue is still one of my favorite colors, though.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf Schnookie Palookie 08-28-03 1
 RE: SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf L82LIFE 08-28-03 2
 RE: SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf probably clueless 08-28-03 3
   RE: SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf Silvergirl1 08-29-03 4
 RE: SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf Wheezy 09-09-03 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf"
LOL! Too funny. I would have been out the door the minute he got up and started dancing with the smurf. Could have been worse. He could have had a blow-up doll

Thanks for sharing your funny story Silvergirl.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf"
Wow! I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who made some poor decisions in the dating game!

Great piece, Silvergirl. I could picture the scene easily and I was LMAO at the image of Paul dancing with his smurf!

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf"
I'm so embarrassed. I never thought you'd remember, let alone write about that incident. I'm much better now and living with a very nice family of Teletubbies.

Great piece nevertheless.

Silvergirl1 8694 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-03, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf"

Hi, Paul! I thought by now you would have moved on to Sponge Bob. I hear he's a terrific dancer.

Silvergirl

But then again, maybe you don't like yellow.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-03, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SSC3(NF) The Dancing Smurf"
hee hee! What a nut! Great story, Silvergirl.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •