The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wolrd Trade Center Info..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences September Eleven Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-11-01, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wolrd Trade Center Info..."
Just in case it helps anyone... this is from their website (which is understandably getting quite bombarded right now) Best of luck to everyone, today is a very dark day...

FASCINATING FACTS
More than 1.2 million cubic yards of earth and rock were excavated to make way for the World Trade Center. The excavated material was placed in the Hudson River to create 23.5 acres of new land deeded to the City of New York. This landfill area is now Battery Park City.

More than 200,000 tons of steel, far more than the amount required for the construction of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, was used in the World Trade Center's construction.

The 425,000 cubic yards of concrete used in building the World Trade Center is enough to build a five-foot wide sidewalk from New York City to Washington, D.C.

At peak periods of construction, some 3,500 workers were on the site daily.

There are 43,600 windows in the Twin Towers with over 600,000 square feet of glass window area cleaned by automatic window washing machines traveling on stainless steel tracks.

With 60,000 tons of cooling capacity, the World Trade Center's refrigeration plant is the largest in the world.

The 360-foot television mast atop One World Trade Center supports 10 main television antennas, numerous auxiliary antennas and a master FM antenna. Transmissions from the mast began in June, 1980. Ten television stations in the metropolitan area, including all the major networks, broadcast from the mast. In addition, six stations broadcast high-definition, digital television from the World Trade Center.

The Tower's skylobby elevator systems separate express from local runs. There are 239 elevators and 71 escalators in the four buildings operated by the Port Authority at the complex. The sky lobby express elevators are capable of carrying 55 people, a 10,000 pound capacity. Express elevators can travel at speeds of up to 27 feet per second.

OFFICE BUILDING PROFILES
Architects: Minoru Yamasaki & Associates; Emery Roth & Sons, P.C.
Plot: 960 x 710 (681,600 sf) shared site for 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 World Trade Center

1 WORLD TRADE CENTER - NORTH TOWER
Built: 1970
Height: 110 Floors
Floor Sizes: (9 - 105) 45,000-50,000 sf
Elevators: 97 passenger, 6 freight

2 WORLD TRADE CENTER - SOUTH TOWER
Built: 1972
Height: 110 Floors
Floor Sizes (2 - 109) 45,000 - 50,000 sf
Elevators: 97 passenger, 6 freight

4 WORLD TRADE CENTER - SOUTHEAST PLAZA BUILDING
Built: 1977
Height: 9 Floors
Floor Sizes: (2 - 9) 84,500 sf
Elevators: 12 passenger, 1 freight

5 WORLD TRADE CENTER - NORTHEAST PLAZA BUILDING
Built: 1972
Height: 9 Floors
Floor Sizes: (2 - 9) 108,400 sf
Elevators: 9 passenger

6 WORLD TRADE CENTER - U.S. CUSTOMHOUSE
Built: 1975
Height: 8 Floors
Floor Sizes: (2- 8) 80,400 sf
Elevators: 8 passenger, 4 freight

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wolrd Trade Center Info... Drive My Car 09-11-01 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-11-01, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wolrd Trade Center Info..."
Thank You webby

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •