The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences September Eleven Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jizzy 2053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-11-01, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jizzy Click to send private message to Jizzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-01 AT 09:52 AM (EST)

Moonie, Itz or GG...can you post the address for the World Trade Center? The web seems bogged down with this bombing tragedy, and I cant get anything else to load.

Kira is in downtown on W. 45th street. Is that anywhere near the WTC?

Thanks for your help...I hope all of you are doing fine.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! Superman 09-11-01 1
   RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! dangerkitty 09-11-01 16
 Are you alright??? dangerkitty 09-11-01 2
 RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! dabo 09-11-01 3
 RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! SkyRaider 09-11-01 4
   DON'T BE GETTIN' GOOFY! Monkeyboy 09-11-01 6
       RE: DON'T BE GETTIN' GOOFY! Superman 09-11-01 8
 RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! samiam 09-11-01 5
   RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! LadyT 09-11-01 7
       RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! Monkeyboy 09-11-01 9
           RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! Jizzy 09-11-01 10
               RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! Tinkerbell 09-11-01 11
               RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! Drive My Car 09-11-01 12
                   RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! dabo 09-11-01 13
                       RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! SherpaDave 09-11-01 15
                           RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! Tinkerbell 09-11-01 17
 RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP! Tinkerbell 09-11-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Superman 3156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-11-01, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
Here's the address Jizz:

Capital Region World Trade Center
78 Washington Avenue
Schenectady, New York 12305 USA

But, I have no idea about the proximity.

I'd also like to see you New Yorkers check in with the rest of us please.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-11-01, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
That's not the address, it is just One World Trade Center, NY NY.

Itz sees the towers from her window, I believe she is just about 3 miles away. Not 100% sure on the distance, but I am sure of the view.

Love and prayers to all.

dangerkitty

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-11-01, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Are you alright???"

Yes, New Yorkers, PLEASE, post or email someone if you possibly can! My first thoughts were of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

dangerkitty

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-11-01, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
I would expect it may be some time before we hear from very many of the folks in NYC as communications and traffic have been disrupted, and an evactuation of the area of the World Trade Center ordered.

I hope everyone is okay. Despite the tragedy that is playing out, we should focus our prayers on the victims and their families, and make no assumptions regarding our friends in the vicinity.

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-11-01, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
All air traffic in the U.S. has been suspended until further notice. Here in Los Angeles it has been announced that it will be until at least 3 PM this afternoon.

My prayers are with all of you in the New York and Washington D.C. areas.....

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-11-01, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "DON'T BE GETTIN' GOOFY!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-01 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

The theater district is at least a mile away from the World Trade Center and the odds Vamps was there at 10:25 this morning (the night after the concert) are NONE! There's so much more she would be doing this morning like taking the Staten Island Ferry or going to the Natural History Museum or SHOPPING or something...don't even THINK about it. Also, ItzLisa lives near Greenwich Village which isn't near the Trade Center, and somebody else (Moonbaby???) couldn't afford to live near the World Trade Center (nobody could). Also, as I recall, there's nothing around the Trade Center but the Met and other office buildngs...she wouldn't be there and no SB people would have been hurt.

Vamps and ItzLisa (and other SB peepers) are lucky people...DON'T WORRY or even THINK about it!

*says a little prayer for his East Coast friends anyway*

Superman 3156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-11-01, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: DON'T BE GETTIN' GOOFY!"
Thanks for easing my mind just a little buddy.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-01, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-01 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

For those of you who are without TV access, or can't hit news websites, BOTH towers of the World Trade Center have collapsed completely, first one and then the other. American Airlines has confirmed that one of the planes hijacked was Flight 11 (from Boston to LA), a Boeing 767 that can hold up to 250 people. It's been confirmed that a third plane has crashed into a helipad next to the Pentagon, and there are unconfirmed reports of a small explosion at the Capitol. All international flights into the States have been diverted to Canada.

sami

edited to add new information

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-01, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
OMG, please New Yorkers, if you are able to log on tomorrow please let us know. ALl international flights have been diverted to Canada.
If Vamps is not out od NYC by now, she may not be able to get out until tomorrow at the earliest. NYC is virtually shut down, so if we don't hear from her today, don't worry. Same goes for Itz, moon, GG. I am praying for all of you
OMG, the second tower just collapsed.
-----------------------
"So what are my chances
of honest advances
I'd say low
Better to win
by admitting my sin
than to lose with a halo"
-Evita

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-11-01, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
Madison Square Garden is about 1.5 to 2 miles from the Trade Center....I just KNOW Vamps wouldn't have been near the center this morning. Her and hubby probably slept in, had breakfast, and were thinking about what to do. If anything, maybe they took the Ferry and took pictures of the Staue of Liberty....it's the best tourist deal in town.
She's fine but probably stuck at the airport right now!

Jizzy 2053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-11-01, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jizzy Click to send private message to Jizzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
Kira called me at 1:30 this morning. She wanted to leave to come home last night but Mike didnt want to. They didnt fly in, they drove. They were going to get up early this morning to leave. No sight-seeing, no shopping...just come home. I hope they made it out before they shut the city down!

My thoughts are with Moonie, Itz and GG as well! This is just crazy!!!

Jizzy

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-11-01, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-01 AT 11:09 AM (EST)

Thanks for easing my mind on this a little bit. I know that there is a plane that crashed near Pittsburgh. I know that Kira is from Pennsylvania somewhere. And I just heard the plane was from Chicago.

I AM PRAYING FOR EVERYONES SAFETY...IF YOU ARE FROM ANYWHERE NEAR ANY OF THIS PLEASE CHECK IN. I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-01, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
Itz could see the WTC from her office
Pray everyone
for the entire city pray

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-01, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-01 AT 11:18 AM (EST)

ItzLisa's workplace is on the 100 block of 8th Avenue, if anyone knows how near that was to the WTC.

It may be some time before we hear from any of our friends in NYC, let's try to keep good thoughts for them. This horrifying tragedy has bogged down the internet news sites, traffic will undoubtedly be heavy for quite awhile.

Prayers to all the victims and their families.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-01, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
I pulled up Yahoo maps and the WTC doesn't look all that close to Itz's workplace. The WTC appears to be on Joe Dimaggio Hwy., between Liberty and Vesey. Here's a map showing the 100 block of 8th Ave.

I don't know NY very well, but from the maps I'm looking at, she looks to be well north of the WTC.

09-11-01, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
Thank you Dave. I did the same thing and pulled up a Yahoo map. It seems that she is about 10 or so blocks north, but on TV the reporters seem to be about 10 blocks away and are being covered in dust...hopefully that is the extent of it...just dust.

This is just horrible.

09-11-01, 11:19 AM (EST)
14. "RE: NEW YORKERS...HELP!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-01 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

Where is Moonie's workplace? I know that she works in the financial world. Let's just pray that our New York friends can check in with us soon.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •