The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If I could change how the race is ran."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Earl Colby Pottinger 1825 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-11-14, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If I could change how the race is ran."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-14 AT 09:01 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-11-14 AT 09:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-11-14 AT 08:56 PM (EST)

We have gone down this route before, but the more races we see the more we think about changes to make.

My choices:

1) No U-Turns, they just seem to cause strife.

1a) If there must be U-Turns get rid of the single ones, double U-Turns leave us with two teams both with delays racing.

1b) No U-Turns after the second half of the race, give people the chance to move ahead.

2) Speed-Bumps: Good idea but some have been too easy and rarely some have been too hard. More thought in their designs is clearly needed.

3) Yields: While not used lately I prefer them over U-Turns, your thoughts?

4) Navigation: There are times when using the Internet and/or asking locals for directions should be banned. Give them a map and ask them to find their own way.

5) Answers giving: Ban it, ban it, ban it. I don't mind teams watching how other teams solve a problems, but one team telling another team an answer without that second team not doing the work of their task - Ban. If it can't be banned add a time penalty at the pit-stop

6) No Intersections period.

7) None transportation bunch points: Always have a sign-in board or tickets with start times to ensure teams continue in the same order they arrive. On second thought always make it tickets, I love it when a hasty team grabs a ticket for a later departure time instead.

What did I miss.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If I could change how the race ... michiganlargefan 05-12-14 1
 RE: If I could change how the race ... kidflash212 05-12-14 2
 RE: If I could change how the race ... Colonel Zoiderg 05-12-14 3
 RE: If I could change how the race ... MCPorche 05-13-14 4
 RE: If I could change how the race ... Ontheroadagain1 05-13-14 5
 RE: If I could change how the race ... udg 05-14-14 6
 RE: If I could change how the race ... featherfish81 05-17-14 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michiganlargefan 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-14, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michiganlargefan Click to send private message to michiganlargefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If I could change how the race is ran."
No Yields or U turns, but I would bring back the one fast forward a leg/one FF a team. It adds an extra layer of startegy, without causing the ridiculous canned drama of the U-Turn or Yield. The one FF a leg wouldn't need to be a huge task or a costly task, becasue the Fast Forward is all about a startegic choice.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kidflash212 4132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-12-14, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If I could change how the race is ran."
I agree with losing the U-turn. Racers should succeed or lose on their own. Teams should not be able to affect other teams that way.

Speed Bumps are tricky. They are much better than taking all their money and possessions, forcing teams to beg. Never enjoyed seeing any team beg. They could be left out - you go in knowing some legs are non-elim, why must there be a penalty?

The easy cure for answer sharing is not having every team have the same answer. If each team had to figure out a unique answer (easier later in the race with fewer teams), sharing wouldn't be helpful.

Tribe!

Colonel Zoiderg 24 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-14, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If I could change how the race is ran."
1. Either no U-Turns or put them at the start of the leg. Also make it a rule a team can only be U-Turned once in a season.

2. The Fast Forward. Give teams a chance to get back in the game.

3. Try to avoid bunching points whenever possible.

4. Ban begging. Not an issue so much now but still needs to be done.

MCPorche 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-14, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MCPorche Click to send private message to MCPorche Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If I could change how the race is ran."
>>If there must be U-Turns get rid of the single ones,
>>double U-Turns leave us with two teams both with
>>delays racing.

I get the rationale for the double u-turn.

After all, if you have two teams racing for last, and one of them gets to the uturn board first, that pretty much seals the deal.

At least with the double u-turn there is the potential for someone to u-turn a team, and allow that team to u-turn someone else to keep it a race.

Ontheroadagain1 13 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-14, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontheroadagain1 Click to send private message to Ontheroadagain1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If I could change how the race is ran."
1. I loved the fast forwards, but now there is only one a season, if that. If teams are limited to one, and they were on all the legs except the first and the last two, that would put more strategy into the game.
2. I prefer the Speed Bumps to the other options they had for last place NEL teams. No one wants to see the beggers come back.
3. Brunch points are unavoidable to some degree and likely needed so that some teams aren't running a couple days behind other teams. But bunch points should only happen early in a leg.
4. I like it when teams get clues they have to figure out. There should be more of that.

udg 3337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-14-14, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If I could change how the race is ran."
NELs - Nay
Superlegs - Yay!

featherfish81 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-17-14, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If I could change how the race is ran."
I love the navigation idea, especially if a map is included in the clue. Sometimes a location isn't well known enough to appear on a regular map, so they end up having to ask someone. I'd also be okay with an internet cafe and a printer, just as long as they don't ask anyone else.

And I agree with answer banning, but think you should penalize the team that gives the answer, not the team that gets it. Otherwise teams could just tell another team the answer, causing them to be penalized even though they didn't do anything wrong - a back door yield, if you will.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •