The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Sad Farewell from kircon"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

suzzee 5277 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-14, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Sad Farewell from kircon"
kircon asked me to post this for her, see you in FB kircon!

I never thought this day would come. But deep down I knew it had to. We have been playing in a

dead site. Our caretaker has been missing for over a year. The signs have been obvious. The final

straw has been the hijacking of our site. And no response from Webby? I refuse to jump through

hoops to post and regain my mail. I could not stay logged on as it was. I have a very old computer.

I cannot afford to put my computer in the path of these thugs. Now or later. I don’t understand the

concept behind the hack. Do they think we can convince the president to step down? Do they think we

have the ear of those who make the decisions? Can we stop the war? Any war?

I have loved my time here. I have grown so much. I have made many friends. Several I have met

face to face. I have used this site in my healing of my son’s suicide. I lurked for several years then

decided to post on his birthday and play KObrien_fan’s game, PTB during the 2005 season. I knew

many of you, but now you were beginning to get to know me. I loved playing games. At the peak

of my game playing, I was playing over 10 games. The games seemed to help with the grief. I fell

in love with a few of them. Then all of a sudden, a host was needed for the PTTE game. The host

emydi’s career took off and she didn’t have the time. I volunteered and from S13 Cook Islands I

became

I became great friends with another host and the resident graphics artist. tribephyl. I call him Sir

tribe! Thanks for all your work for me, Sir! Together we designed great graphics.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gHVmVC8XD84/TzhFjUtzHvI/AAAAAAAAAP8/mn1IsUmXUzc/s1600/

OWPTTEHeader.gif

I love the game of PTTE so much; I started hosting the game for other shows.

Pirate Master

The Amazing Race

The Apprentice

az=send_mesg&userid=kircon|http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/

494aef41c5518421.gif]

I hosted the 25th version this past season. There were 5 brave souls who played. Thank You All, from

the bottom of my heart! With all the spoiling over the last seasons, the PTTE game lost many game

players. I tried many versions to combat the spoiling. The last version I called Stealth Mode. I was

the only one to see the lists. I felt it worked.

I loved hosting for the past 15 seasons. My plan was to host to the end of Survivor. That did not

happen.

For the past 5 years, I spent a summer weekend with the reality stars. I would use my PTTE

write-ups for them to autograph. Now, it won’t be as personal. I loved watching them read about

themselves. The toughest one was Michael Bortone, S16 Micronesia. I wrote, “Now maybe you can

shut your mouth.” He was hurt. He told me he was with a bunch of stupid people and could not keep

his mouth shut. I told him I was sorry and I understood. I spent the next evening with him and a

group jamming music. I liked this version of Michael. My best was Stephen Fishbach. He loved my

picture of him in a NY race and took a picture with his phone of which I took a picture of him.

I also brought back a version of the People of the Question Mark game. I called it SIQ! Survivor in

Question! I really had fun with this game.

I hosted this game for the past 5 seasons. There was no skill needed, just answer a few questions.

It was mainly editing questions. I think most people enjoyed it. Some great poetry came out of this

game also. Thanks to all who played

Another area, I was involved in was writing summaries. Back in the day, there were so many people

who wanted to write, you had to prove your ability. If you wanted to write, you needed to start on

another show.

I choose One Ocean View. A reality series that lasted 3 shows. I summarized the first two shows. My

first attempt at a summary: "One Ocean View Summary - Episode #101" which I posted August 06.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi?

az=show_thread&om=1720&forum=DCForumID17&archive=yes

While waiting to write a summary, I started writing SOTS’s. I enjoyed writing the first SOTS. I enjoyed

this form of writing. However, a few years ago we ran into a problem. People got upset that we were

“spoiling”. In a Spoiling Forum! In a thread which was titled State of the Spoiling! Do you remember

this? There were many discussions. It never made sense to me. If you don’t want to know about

spoiling, then stay out of this forum. So I stopped writing in this form.

By now, I was organizing the summary thread. Again, we started having a problem with writers. We

lost many of them. It was getting harder to get people to write. Thank you for all for stepping up and

filling in. Last season only two people finished their summaries. I don’t know what happened? Webby

used to post them to RTVW. But not anymore. I don’t think many people read them anymore.

So here we are. Our wonderful site has fallen into disrepair. Can it be fixed? Don’t know. The only

thing I can do with this site is to lurk. Not my choice. I will check back to see if anything has been

fixed. I will not hold my breath. If anyone wants to host PTTE or SIQ feel free. I don’t think there will

be many players. Everyone has the same problem as me. So this is how it ends, with a whimper. I

have enjoyed my time here and the friends I have made. Good Luck everyone. I love you all, Connie/

kircon

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Sad Farewell from kircon udg 02-27-14 1
   RE: A Sad Farewell from kircon kidflash212 02-27-14 2
 RE: A Sad Farewell from kircon kidflash212 02-27-14 3
 RE: A Sad Farewell from kircon Molaholic 02-27-14 4
 RE: A Sad Farewell from kircon newsomewayne 03-11-14 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

udg 3177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-27-14, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Sad Farewell from kircon"
Where are people hanging out on FB?

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kidflash212 4040 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-27-14, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Sad Farewell from kircon"
There is a SBOT Facebook party group where many of us have joined.

kidflash212 4040 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-27-14, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Sad Farewell from kircon"
Sorry to see you leave, or at least not posting anymore. I remember you from way back when this site buzzed with excitement. I miss those days but this site is a a part of my life that I can't give up.

Tribe!

Molaholic 8744 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-14, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Sad Farewell from kircon"
Most touching and eloquent. Your decision, while painful, is well stated and most certainly understood.

The good news, I hope, is that this is not irrevocable, and hopefully sometime soon the issues will be solved and you will feel comfortable enough to rejoin the flock.

<HUGS>

newsomewayne 9185 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-14, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Sad Farewell from kircon"
Sorry to see us lose another soul. Best of luck.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •