The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Lvoe List 23.2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 3889 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-07-13, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Lvoe List 23.2"
Welcome to The Lvoe List

Zip It Bingo!

After two weeks to get to know the teams, the Lvoe List is ready. Rank the teams from first to last using whatever criteria you wish. My schedule is erratic but I hope to get this up by at least Tuesday every week.

Last night, teams departed and were directed to go to the Museo Corbeta de Esmeralda in Inquique where the officer of the day would post the next clue. And guess what? It didn't open until 7:15AM allowing all teams to catch up. When it finally opened the teams had to figure out for what famous saying the captain of the Esmeralda is known and say it in Spanish to get their next clue.

Teams then headed out to the Irlanda Salt mines where the first Detour of the Race awaited them. Mining or Brining. In Mining, teams had to break apart large blocks of salt to find the next the next clue while in Brining, teams were tasked with mixing in enough salt into a pool of water until they were able to float and read a newspaper. Since I didn't observe any team actually read a whole newspaper, I'm guessing the floating was the more important thing to accomplish. Hope there was some sort of shower for those that chose Brining. Thinking about being covered in salt all day makes me itchy.

After the Detour, teams headed back to Iquique to take a 24 hour bus ride to Santiago. This attempt at a second bunch point didn't quite work out as teams were split between two buses with one team making a big blunder and winding up on a third bus.

In Santiago, the Roadblock asked one team member to find a marked shoe shine stand in the Plaza de Armas. They then had to shine a pair of shoes and properly pack the stand and deliver the stand to Merced 738. One team didn't read the marked part of the clue and took over the stand of a bewildered shoe shiner.

After packing and delivering the stand, teams headed to the Pit Stop for this leg of the Race - Cascada de Las Animas. One team didn't pay their taxi and missed out on first place and then had an argument in front of Phil.

Finish Order:

1. Chester & Ephraim
2. Leo & Jamal
3. Brandon & Adam
4. Nicole & Travis
5. Jason & Amy
6. Tim & Danny
7. Ally & Ashley
8. Tim & Marie
9. Nicki & Kim
10. Rowan & Shane eliminated

But your list doesn't have to match - mine won't.

My Lvoe List:

1.Tim & Danny - Down to earth, and have stayed out of alliances and bickering. Their lack of world travel experience may mean they are not long for the race but I hope maybe they can get one good leg in and win a prize. For a time on this leg, they seemed to have disappeared and I had no idea where they were.

2.Brandon & Adam - the bearded guys seem okay but trying to hard to be funny.

3.Nicole & Travis - ER docs who had a great leg last week only to have a mediocre one this week. Not feeling much towards them and Nicole's blatant kissing up to Tim & Marie for the Express Pass was embarrassing.

4.Chester & Ephraim - Winners of the leg but just not finding them very interesting.

5.Jason & Amy - Generic dating couple.

6.Nicki & Kim - Baseball wives who have breakdowns at every task. First it was fear of heights in the first leg, then being too cold at the salt mines and then forgetting the mat at the shoe shine.

7.Tim & Marie - Marie is a bit of a shrew and drags down my ranking. I like Tim (who is some nice eye candy) but Marie seems to have alienated every other team (including the baseball wives if the coming attractions are to be believed). I don't know to whom they are going to give their extra Express Pass - I would guess Tim & Danny or Brandon & Adam have the best odds as they are the only two teams they haven't had an issue with.

8.Ally & Ashley - Generic blonde team who have allied themselves with my least favorite team.

9.Leo & Jamal - I will not refer to them by that stupid compound word. I cringe every time someone says it. They rub me the wrong way, smarmy and sexist. The "race wives" nonsense irritates me as much as that word they call themselves. Please get the bad cab driver soon.

Philiminated: Rowan & Shane. A comedy of errors this leg. Bad cab driver, bad decision at the bus depot and not reading the clue at the shoe shine. They were actually likable but completely incompetent on this leg.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Lvoe List 23.2 altpeach 10-07-13 1
 RE: TAR Lvoe List 23.2 featherfish81 10-10-13 2
 RE: TAR Lvoe List 23.2 PsychoKitty 10-11-13 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

altpeach 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-07-13, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail altpeach Click to send private message to altpeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Lvoe List 23.2"
1. Nicole/Travis
2. Chester/Ephraim
3. Jason/Amy
4. Nicki/Kim
5. Tim/Danny
6. Brandon/Adam
7. Ally/Ashley
8. Tim/Marie
9. Leo/Jamal
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

featherfish81 397 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-10-13, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Lvoe List 23.2"
Still hard to distinguish some of the teams, but here goes:

1. Tim & Danny - They haven't been getting much airtime, but they seem like good guys who are enjoying their time on the race, and get along well with each other.
2. Nicole & Travis - Didn't rock this leg as well as the last one, but overall they seem like good racers without any drama.
3. Chester & Ephraim - Fun guys who understand their strengths and weaknesses, and how to accommodate them.
4. Brandon & Adam - Having fun, and I think they're genuine, though I think I'd find them annoying if I had to hang out with them for too long.
5. Jason & Amy - They're fine, from what I recall of them.
6. Ally & Ashley - Again, fine.
7. Nicki & Kim - They didn't really stick out, either.
8. Leo & Jamal - While their nickname is silly, they seem ok. I can't tell how much of it is an act, though.
9. Tim & Marie - Tim doesn't really stand out, but Marie seems determined to make enemies, and just seems really self-serving.

Philiminated: Rowan & Shane - They seemed like nice guys who got along pretty well, but they certainly weren't the best racers we've ever seen. I knew they weren't Final 3 material, but they were interesting enough I had hoped they would stay a little longer.

PsychoKitty 681 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-11-13, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Lvoe List 23.2"
Hi! Sorry but I'm going to borrow a bit from Featherfish : )

1. Tim & Danny - They haven't been getting much airtime, but they seem like good guys who are enjoying their time on the race, and get along well with each other. Under the radar . . . well as much as two young strong guys can be!

2. Nicole & Travis - Didn't rock this leg as well as the last one, but overall they seem like good racers without any drama. But she should let go of pursuing Marie for the pass. I think Marie will take it to her grave. . .

3. Chester & Ephraim - Fun guys who understand their strengths and weaknesses, and how to accommodate them. I really like that about them and they have a nice relationship.

4. Brandon & Adam - Having fun, and I think they're genuine, though I think I'd find them annoying if I had to hang out with them for too long. They do seem a bit dirty - but that could just be because of all the hair . . .

5. Jason & Amy - They're fine, from what I recall of them. Not too memorable, but maybe that's good and they'll make it all the way through without a target on their back : )

6. Ally & Ashley - Because of their jobs you'd think they would be pretty buff and fearless. They aren't quite making that impression on me, but they are way better than the crybaby hugging Baseball Wines! I hope they get more macho.

7. Nicki & Kim - OMIGOD! Hug Hug Hug! They are SO annoying! Good looking, and have great Yoga/Pilates figures, but they are weak and crybabies! Enough with the cheerleading and the hugging and kissing. Grow a pair and get on with the race! Then maybe I can respect you: (I hate it when people say "I'm doing it for my kids, so they will respect me." - Of course all the while screaming while doing the task.) UGH.

8. Leo & Jamal - Oy! They are so shrill and annoying. Not as bad as the Twinnies (!!!) but very grating. And they think they are SO COOL and desirable! I would be running as fast I as could in the other direction ; )

9. Tim & Marie - Tim doesn't really stand out, but Marie seems determined to make enemies, and just seems really self-serving. I agree for the most part, but think Tim has had a few moments where he seems pretty level headed and funny, but again, he DID date Marie! . . . !

Philiminated: Rowan & Shane - A shame they couldn't get it together better. Seemed like genuinely nice people, but this leg they were just bumbling & hapless! The bus mistake seemed to not have been their's however, but the shoeshine stand certainly was!

I'm SO glad the Race is back on the air! : ) And thanks for the wonderful photo of Phil!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •