The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Lvoe List 22.1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-18-13, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Lvoe List 22.1"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-13 AT 07:59 PM (EST)

Season 22 - The Lvoe List

"Business in the Front, Party in the Back"

Welcome back, Lvoe Listers! And welcome to any new posters who are jumping in on the fun this season. Here's where we rate the teams and follow their ups and downs through the season, all with snarky comments. Use whatever criteria you wish to rate them.

This years race began at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles where eleven teams were sent on a race around the world by our host Phil. And there was product placement. Did you realize Ford was a sponsor? Teams raced to LAX where the traditional mad dash for the ticket counter ensued.

Then it was off to Bora Bora, which looks beautiful from 10,000 feet up and that is how some of the racers got to see it as the first Roadblock had them jumping out of a helicopter and parachuting down to their partners. That was the party side of the two Roadblocks because a second Roadblock was no fun at all. The other team member got to sit on a blazing hot beach and dig through 400 sandcastles to find a clue. And rebuild every one you destroy that doesn't have a clue. This Roadblock would have made my fair skinned, red haired self the first Racer to ever leave the Race for medical reasons as I would have gotten heatstroke.

On to the Lvoe List:

1) Mona & Beth - Didn't see them much but they reminded me of a more capable Linda & Karen (The Bowling Moms).

2) David & Connor - Cancer survivors. Seem like great guys and Connor is the only male eye candy this year. Don't want to say this the wrong way but I hope we find out more about them then just that they survived cancer.

3) Pamela & Winnie - Good job seeing through the doctors deliveryman lie. Seem like fun, competent racers.

4) Bates & Anthony - the hockey brothers. Not bad but didn't come off as too bright either.

5) Jessica & John - the winners of the leg. He creeps me out for some reason. Alliances aren't as helpful on TAR as they are on Survivor and getting into one almost immediately strikes me as a bad idea.

6) Idries and Jamil - Twin doctors. Lots of complaining at the beach and looks like we can expect bickering from them. Deliverymen lie was really lame.

7) Chuck & Wynona - Lots of points off for that perm mullet. Please let them get the "shave your head" Fast Forward.

8) Caroline & Jennifer - Don't expect to see them for long. Already made two mistakes. That four hour penalty will be costly since previews show they are not leaving Bora Bora on the next leg so no airport bunch to catch up. And the "we'll flirt our way to the million dollars" has never worked.

9) Joey & Meghan - He seems like the most annoying guy at the party.

10) Max & Katie - Newlyweds. Why not just wear a sign that says "VILLIANS!"? His fake tan is horrible enough but their "we're immoral backstabbers and proud of it" attitude makes me hope they are not long for the race.

Phliminated: Matthew & Daniels. Too bad, I liked the firefighters. Don't know why they just didn't go back and look for a clue - they had four hours to find it and stay in the race.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1 Belle Book 02-18-13 1
 RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1 TARFAN76 02-18-13 2
   RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1 shimane22 02-19-13 3
 RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1 featherfish81 02-19-13 4
   RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1 kidflash212 02-20-13 5
       RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1 featherfish81 02-21-13 6
 RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1 beau_30 02-21-13 7
 RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1 louislam 02-24-13 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-13, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1"
Here is my love list:

1. Pamela & Winnie -- I like Asian Americans. I love female Asian Americans! And here are two Asian American females! Best of all, they're smart and capable! I hope they win!

2. Mona & Beth -- if Pamela & Winnie don't win, I hope these two do -- as long as they avoid making dumb mistakes.

3. David & Connor -- I feel sorry for them, what with their story of surviving from cancer. I hope they last long.

4. Bates & Anthony -- just okay for me.

5. Caroline & Jennifer -- like them well enough but they shouldn't have taken the penalty.

6. Jessica & John -- they're okay so far but I really hope they keep their word about the two Express Passes.

7. Chuck & Wynonna -- I'm not real fond of rednecks and Chuck's hair is awful!

8. Idries & Jamil -- I don't think this team is too long for the race. Worse, they bickered quite a bit.

9. Joey & Meghan -- Joey's annoying. Meghan, not so much.

10. Max & Katie -- Just. Go. Away. NOW!

Gonzo: Matt & Dave. You really shouldn't have quit the task, especially considering your weight on the outrigger canoe.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

TARFAN76 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-18-13, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARFAN76 Click to send private message to TARFAN76 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1"
I just read a very surprising article about how low the ratings were last night. Please, please, please don't cancel this show!!!

I had already decided the fire fighters were my favorite team (friends since the age of 5 - I love that!) So I was way sad to see them go first.

1. David/Connor - I don't think it's them making the cancer the constant topic; I think it's the edit. I hope they do great in the race.

2. Mona/Beth - Mainly because they are from Colorado but maybe I will actually like them for who they are. And who they are is a team that got very lucky after a really careless oversight.

3. Bates/Anthony - Quiet but not annoying yet.

4. Pamela/Winnie - Seem more likable than most girl teams (aka spoiled, conceited divas)

5. Chuck/Wynona - Even with the mullet I found him to be quite likable. Barely remember the wife.

6. Joey/Meghan - They seem to think they are pretty popular - kind of like a legend in their own mind. I never heard of them but I'm not that hip. It's possible I will grow to like him as time goes along. Not too sure about her.

7. Caroline/Jennifer - Hate it when blondes (or anyone) imply that they can capitalize on their looks and ability to manipulate men. That's something to be real proud of, ladies. However, I am a country music fan and I like John Wayne so I will root for this team until they make me stop.

8. Twins - Is this the new tradition? Twins? Please don't let these twins be an instant replay of the magpies. And I guess being doctors is just as important and impressive as being FBI agents so you have to lie so people won't know what a huge threat you will be to the game.

Tied for last: Max/Katie Jessica/John
Can't decide which guy annoys me more -- Max or John. I think they are both pretty unbearable and phony. I'm sure that Max's bride is awful, too, as he loves to brag about how much everybody will hate her but he's got the spotlight so far. And John's teeth and deceitful intentions get the other spotlight. I was very sorry to see them hit the mat first. I don't think they are going to stick to the "pact" they made. I bet he would be the most furious racer ever if they had come in second and not instantly have the 2nd pass handed right over. Double standards -- can't stand them.

I am so happy the Race is back. Last season was possibly my favorite outcome ever. I did not want that season to end!

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-19-13, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1"
1 Pam/Winnie - they are funny and astute racers thus far.

2 Mona/Beth - honest mistake with the helicopter signup sheet. Colorado pride!

3 Jessica/John - Didn't mind them, seem to be having a good time thus far... glad they are thinking strategically and hope they don't hand the pass over to Dave/Connor arbitrarily.

4 Caroline/Jennifer - nice paddling at the end, ladies!

5 Bates/Anthony - unobjectionable as far as I remember

6 Joey/Meghan - they seem fun as well, but Joey plays to the cameras too much.

7 Chuck/Wynona - not long for this race, but not too bad

8 Dave/Connor - boring. Also look like they're going to kick up a fit about not getting handed the express pass next week. Shut up and RACE.

9 Idris/Jamil - Lame lie at LAX and equally lame whining at the second roadblock.

10 Max/Katie - Everyone named Katie is the WORST.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-19-13, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1"
This is always so hard the first week:

1) Jessica & John - Good racers, seem to get along and be supportive of one another. I can't blame them too much for rethinking an agreement they made with so little deliberation, although this early in the race they might not want to make enemies.
2) Mona & Beth - Overall seemed pretty likeable, and they didn't flip out about their mistake, but just kept on going.
3) David & Connor - Interesting backstory, and they seem like decent racers who get along pretty well.
4) Bates & Anthony - I don't feel like we saw too much of them, but they also seem like they'll be fun to watch.
5) Pamela & Winnie - Fun team. I hope they stay around too.
6) Caroline & Jennifer - I'm not a fan of the "Will flirt to win" attitude, but otherwise they seem okay.
7) Chuck & Wynona - He seems okay, but could she complain any more at the roadblock?
8) Joey & Meghan - I can't decide yet if this team is going to be really fun or profoundly annoying.
9)Idries and Jamil - Agreed, the deliveryman line was lame, and you didn't pull it off well. Also a lot of complaining at the roadblock, I'm not sure if I'll like this team or not.
10) Max & Katie - I put them last, but I almost feel pushed into it. They've both admitted they are terrible people who will lie and manipulate others to get their way. Their villianness (I know that's not a word) seems so obvious it's almost fake, like they're trying to be the villains to get screen time. Though it seems to be working, so maybe it's not such a bad idea after all.

Phliminated: Matthew & Daniels - too bad, turns out they live a few towns over from my parents, and so I wanted to see more of them. I think their reactions to visiting so many places would have made them interesting to watch. Or they would have completely gotten on my nerves, one of the two.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-13, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1"
There is something very forced about Mat & Katie villainy.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-21-13, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1"
Villainy - that's the word I was looking for. Thanks!

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-21-13, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1"
Welcome back!! Always lvoe the lvoe list.

1)David & Connor
2) Bates & Anthony
3) Carlonine & Jennifer
4) Mona & Beth
5) Pamela & Winnie
6) Chuck & Whynona
7) Idresis & Jamiel
8) Jessica & John
9) Joey & Meghan
10) Max & Katie
11) Matthew & Daniels - Going to miss these guys.

louislam 454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-24-13, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR Lvoe List 22.1"
1. Mona/Beth
2. David/Connor
3. Chuck/Wynona
4. Pam/Winnie
5. Caroline/Jennifer
6. Idries/Jamil
7. Joey/Meghan
8. Max/Katie
9. Bates/Anthony
10. Jessica/John
Philiminated - Matt/Dan

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •