The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 22 Detours "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-28-13, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 22 Detours "
Apparently I labeled last season's thread as TAR22 Detours as well, but this really is for Season 22.

For those of you who are new, on this thread you can tell us which detour you would have chosen if you had been running the race, and why.

Your choice -

Pick a Pearl (dive for pearls)
- or -
Take a Trunk (set up a picnic underwater)

While the picnic one looked fairly simple, I think I would have gone with the pearls, because it had the potential to get done much quicker, and I'm a tolerable swimmer.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR 22 Detours Belle Book 02-28-13 1
   RE: TAR 22 Detours udg 02-28-13 2
 RE: TAR 22 Detours featherfish81 03-11-13 3
   RE: TAR 22 Detours Belle Book 03-11-13 5
 RE: TAR 22 Detours 3-10-13 featherfish81 03-11-13 4
   RE: TAR 22 Detours 3-10-13 Belle Book 03-11-13 6
   RE: TAR 22 Detours 3-10-13 udg 03-12-13 7
 TAR 22 Detours - Vietnam featherfish81 03-22-13 8
   RE: TAR 22 Detours - Vietnam udg 03-22-13 9
   RE: TAR 22 Detours - Vietnam kingfish 03-22-13 10
   RE: TAR 22 Detours - Vietnam Belle Book 03-22-13 11
 Botswana I featherfish81 04-06-13 12
   RE: Botswana I udg 04-07-13 16
 Botswana II featherfish81 04-06-13 13
   RE: Botswana II Belle Book 04-07-13 14
   RE: Botswana II udg 04-07-13 15
 Berlin featherfish81 04-22-13 17
   RE: Berlin udg 04-23-13 18
   RE: Berlin Belle Book 04-23-13 19
 Scotland featherfish81 05-01-13 20
   RE: Scotland Belle Book 05-01-13 21
 Ireland featherfish81 05-07-13 22
   RE: Ireland Belle Book 05-07-13 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-28-13, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR 22 Detours "
Probably Pick a Pearl, since I'm not too bad at swimming. But if I had a partner who was terrified of the deep ocean, I'd have gone for Take a Trunk.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-28-13, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR 22 Detours "
My husband is an excellent swimmer (I'm competent but S-L-O-W), so we probably would have done fine with the Pearl task. Listening to the descriptions before anyone started, though, I thought the Trunk task sounded easier/faster, so that would have been my first choice.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

03-11-13, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR 22 Detours "
Fish or drive cars

Well, the driving one seemed more complicated and I'm not interested in speed, but fishing seemed totally up to chance, so I probably would have gone with driving anyway.

03-11-13, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR 22 Detours "
I would've absolutely gone with driving the cars! It would've given me a good opportunity to put the skills I learned from driving car racing video games to good use!

03-11-13, 05:35 PM (EST)
4. "RE: TAR 22 Detours 3-10-13"
I don't remember the names, but your choices:

Haul sand from a river up the hill
-or-
Recreate a head decoration made from fruit

I definitely would have gone with the fruit. I'm pretty detail oriented, and there's no way that hauling sand 200 yards uphill on your head would have been easier.

03-11-13, 07:33 PM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR 22 Detours 3-10-13"
I would also have gone with the fruit head decoration! It would've been too hard to haul sand 200 yards uphill on my head!

03-12-13, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR 22 Detours 3-10-13"
I thought the sand sounded faster.

03-22-13, 01:24 AM (EST)
8. "TAR 22 Detours - Vietnam"
Your choice -

Make a Meal (get a bunch of ingredients and then cook)
-or-
Make a Move (match human chess pieces to a game board)

Not much of a debate here - I would definitely have done make a move. Matching a couple of chess pieces looked pretty simple, much easier then trying to get a bunch of ingredients in a foreign language.

03-22-13, 01:42 AM (EST)
9. "RE: TAR 22 Detours - Vietnam"
I'm right there with you: Make a Move.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-13, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR 22 Detours - Vietnam"
Make a move sounded easier on paper, and I would have chosen that, but it turned out that despite the language barrier, making Phoo(sp?) actually was easier. There are a couple of details about the Make a move challenge that I still don't get.

Frustration was evident when one of the racers asked one of the chess people to just go where they were supposed to go and she would just follow. Nice try.

03-22-13, 07:36 PM (EST)
11. "RE: TAR 22 Detours - Vietnam"
I think I would've done Make a Move as well.

04-06-13, 10:45 PM (EST)
12. "Botswana I"
Sorry this is a week late, I was traveling.

Your choice:
Fire - make fire from scratch
-or-
Fowl - make a trap and then pretend to be a bird and get caught

Another easy choice - I would have done Fowl. Making fire is difficult when you don't know what you are doing, and making a trap looked much easier.

04-07-13, 12:58 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Botswana I"
Fowl! Fire making is cool, and I'd love to do it, but it's a race.

04-06-13, 10:49 PM (EST)
13. "Botswana II"
This time, your choice is between

Brains - take a safari by horse and memorize the animal cutouts that you see
-or-
Brawn - load a cart and get some donkeys to haul it

Well, brains would definitely be my strength on the race, so I would go with that. Especially since donkeys can be a little stubborn, and I'd rather depend on myself than on a donkey.

04-07-13, 11:33 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Botswana II"
On the one hand, I'd go with Brains since I have a great memory and as you noted, donkeys can be stubborn. On the other hand, Brawn seemed faster. I'd probably go with Brawn first and if I got some lemons for donkeys, I'd switch.

04-07-13, 12:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Botswana II"
I probably would have gone with Brains because of the name, but I would have kicked myself afterward when I realized how much faster Brawn was.

04-22-13, 10:54 PM (EST)
17. "Berlin"
Your choice

Train tracks (build a train track)
-or-
Font follies (carry a large neon letter through the city to a museum)

I would definitely have gone with the train tracks. Finding your way through the city could have been tough, and trains are fun.

04-23-13, 00:23 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Berlin"
I thought the train tracks sounded faster (and easier), too.

04-23-13, 11:31 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Berlin"
Font Follies. The train tracks seemed pretty tough from what I saw of the Detour.

05-01-13, 00:07 AM (EST)
20. "Scotland"
Your choice:

Roll 8 barrels up a hill
-or-
Make and eat some haggis

I know what's in haggis, so I probably would have picked the barrels. Though at least you only had to take a little of the haggis, not eat the whole thing.

05-01-13, 12:10 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Scotland"
I'd have gone for haggis -- but I'd have asked for a glass of water before tasting the haggis. Rolling 8 barrels up a hill just seems a bit too hard for me, otherwise I would have gone for the barrels as I'm a very finicky eater.

05-07-13, 11:53 AM (EST)
22. "Ireland"
Tray It - serve a 5 course dinner to a table of people
-or-
Spray It - spray paint a door to match a picture

I would have gone with Tray It - it definitely seemed easier and I'm not particularly artistic.

05-07-13, 07:05 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ireland"
I probably would have gone for Tray It as well -- and I would have been better than Mona & Beth on it!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •