The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 22 Detours - Which would you do? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-19-12, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 22 Detours - Which would you do? "
Your choices - participate in a parade with a lion mask or have an egg fried on your head.

I would have chosen the egg one, because it sounded a lot quicker than the other. I guess I would have been fooled, though, because it looks like the dancing teams finished faster.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR 22 Detours - Which would yo... Belle Book 10-19-12 1
   RE: TAR 22 Detours - Which would yo... fredchirsty 11-27-12 27
 RE: TAR 22 Detours - Which would yo... Earl Colby Pottinger 10-20-12 2
 RE: TAR 22 Detours - Which would yo... MissMyth 10-22-12 3
 Episode 3 featherfish81 10-22-12 4
   RE: Episode 3 Belle Book 10-23-12 5
   RE: Episode 3 MissMyth 10-25-12 6
   RE: Episode 3 kidflash212 10-27-12 7
 Episode 5 featherfish81 11-02-12 8
   RE: Episode 5 Belle Book 11-02-12 9
   RE: Episode 5 MissMyth 11-02-12 10
   RE: Episode 5 kidflash212 11-03-12 11
 Episode 6 featherfish81 11-05-12 12
   RE: Episode 6 Belle Book 11-05-12 13
   RE: Episode 6 kidflash212 11-06-12 14
       RE: Episode 6 Belle Book 11-06-12 15
       RE: Episode 6 Molaholic 11-06-12 16
       RE: Episode 6 featherfish81 11-07-12 17
           RE: Episode 6 olathejoe 11-07-12 18
   RE: Episode 6 MissMyth 11-07-12 19
 Episode 7 featherfish81 11-13-12 20
   RE: Episode 7 Belle Book 11-13-12 21
   RE: Episode 7 Floyd1 11-14-12 22
   RE: Episode 7 MissMyth 11-15-12 23
   RE: Episode 7 kidflash212 11-15-12 24
 Episode 8 featherfish81 11-27-12 25
   RE: Episode 8 MissMyth 11-27-12 29
 Episode 9 featherfish81 11-27-12 26
   RE: Episode 9 Belle Book 11-27-12 28
   RE: Episode 9 MissMyth 11-27-12 30
       RE: Episode 9 olathejoe 11-28-12 31
           RE: Episode 9 kidflash212 11-28-12 32
 Episode 10 featherfish81 12-03-12 33
   RE: Episode 10 Belle Book 12-03-12 34
   RE: Episode 10 Starshine 12-03-12 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-19-12, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR 22 Detours - Which would you do? "
Lion mask -- having to eat an egg that was on your head just isn't my cup of tea. Besides, putting on a lion mask just sounds fun -- even if it's so heavy!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

fredchirsty 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-27-12, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fredchirsty Click to send private message to fredchirsty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: TAR 22 Detours - Which would you do? "
Sounds come good after listening it...

How we feel if it does???

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-20-12, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR 22 Detours - Which would you do? "
Egg looks like it be a lot faster.

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-12, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR 22 Detours - Which would you do? "
Egg, definitely. The lion dancers were soaked with sweat by the time they finished.

10-22-12, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Episode 3"
Your choice:

Pound Metal (hammer a piece of metal into a point)
- or -
Pound Cotton (break up some cotton and sew it into a mattress)

I think I probably would have gone with the metal, because sewing the mattress would have taken a lot of time. It depends, though, if it was really hot I would have stayed away from the furnace. (Though Abbie (I think) did have a pretty good way to stuff the mattress)

10-23-12, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 3"
I'd have pounded metal, since I'm not sure how good my sewing skills would have been.

10-25-12, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 3"
Being a pretty fair seamstress and the daughter of a cotton farmer, I would have pounded cotton.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-12, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 3"
Either as long as I didn't have to collect and carry around dead rats in a bag. Yuck.

11-02-12, 12:42 PM (EST)
8. "Episode 5 "
Stack bamboo or Turn jute into cloth

Unlike most of the contestants, I think I would have gone with the jute. It seemed easier, and you didn't have to try and navigate through the streets with a rickety cart.

11-02-12, 08:21 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode 5 "
Me too. I would have chosen the jute since it would have been hard for me to try to navigate the streets with a rickety cart carrying exceptionally long bamboo.

11-02-12, 11:15 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 5 "
Jute cloth. I would avoid any challenge that required navigating those streets.

11-03-12, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 5 "
I probably would have take the bamboo - mostly because I would fear the jute would be a long complicated process.

11-05-12, 02:59 PM (EST)
12. "Episode 6"
Your choice

Get a spa treatment
-or-
Deliver Turkish donuts

I definitely would have gone with the spa treatment. While there wasn't an opportunity to catch up to other teams (unless maybe you could change faster?) it was much more certain, and having to balance all of those donuts and find your way had the potential to take a LONG time.

11-05-12, 08:08 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 6"
The spa treatment, mainly because my coordination isn't the best. That's one reason why I never went into gymnastics -- that and the fact that trying to go upside-down always scared me silly when I was a child and still scares me when I think about it!

11-06-12, 08:54 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode 6"
Spa Treatment seems the obvious choice. I would choose that but I did read in their exit interview that Rob & Kelly chose delivering simit because teams had to purchase their own spa supplies and that would have left them without enough funds for taxis.

11-06-12, 12:54 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 6"
If Rob & Kelly chose the doughnuts because they didn't have enough money to pay for spa supplies and taxis, could that be the reason why they took the Metro -- because they were low on funds?

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-12, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 6"
Paying for the spa should have been included in the Mr. Hands (remember him?) bit. A crucial piece of information gone to the great editing room in the sky. Makes me wonder what else we've been left in the dark about.

<gives EPBvM 'the look'>

11-07-12, 01:33 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 6"
So some of the money that they are given has to go towards completing the tasks? I thought it was all for transportation and maybe food. Well, that adds a whole other complication to choosing a task, one that they should probably mention. Assuming I could afford it, I still would have gone for the spa, though.

olathejoe 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-07-12, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 6"
I'm pretty sure the goat farmers had to pay for their speed bump ice cream twice, which made not reading the clue even more costly.

11-07-12, 09:29 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Episode 6"
Oh yeah, gotta go with the spa treatment. With the other you had that whole navigating crowded streets thing, times three, plus balancing a tray loaded with food while doing it. I would have skipped a meal or two if necessary to pay for the spa.

11-13-12, 00:42 AM (EST)
20. "Episode 7"
Your choice:

Find 4 books in a Russian library
-or-
Learn a synchronized swimming routine

I think I would go with the library one. I've had a little bit of experience with the Russian alphabet, and while I'm a decent swimmer I'm no good with flips or dives (although that didn't seem to matter that much).

11-13-12, 01:32 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 7"
I'd go with the library one as well. Although I have little experience with the Russian alphabet, I've worked in enough libraries that I think I'd still do well with the card catalog. Besides, the idea of going upside-down when doing a flip or a dive might scare me -- trying to do so in tumbling class sure scared me when I was 7 years old!

Floyd1 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-14-12, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Floyd1 Click to send private message to Floyd1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 7"
I know my stregnths and I know my weaknesses and this is an easy choice. I would go to the library

11-15-12, 04:12 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 7"
Oh yeah, much more comfortable in a library, regardless of language, than in a swimming competition.

11-15-12, 10:45 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode 7"
I've never learned to swim so it's an easy choice for me. Alphabetize.

11-27-12, 00:35 AM (EST)
25. "Episode 8 "
Just realized I didn't post this last week...

Your choice:
Movers - learn a Russian dance
-or-
Shakers - attend a cocktail party and count the guests

I'm not particularly athletic, but I'm also terrible with faces, so I probably would have gone for the movers. And after seeing how short the dance was, that might have been a good choice.

11-27-12, 10:41 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Episode 8 "
Shakers, for sure. Knowing how energetic some Russian dances are, I would have avoided that. I was pleased to note that I recognized most of the Shakers.

11-27-12, 00:39 AM (EST)
26. "Episode 9"
Your choice:

Paint It - arrange a group of extras to match a famous painting
-or-
Grind It - take over for an organ grinder and earn 30 euros

I would have gone with paint it - I have a pretty good eye for detail, and I hate making a public spectacle of myself.

11-27-12, 12:40 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Episode 9"
I'd probably have gone for Grind It -- I don't mind making a public spectacle of myself, mainly because I don't have stage fright -- or a fear of tests. But this is one Detour where either option might have been good for me, as I think I have a good eye for detail as well.

11-27-12, 10:46 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Episode 9"
Like Belle Book, I think I could have done either of these. I probably would have chosen Grind It, thinking that a crazy American could quickly persuade the kind people of Amsterdam to give up a few Euros.

olathejoe 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-28-12, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Episode 9"
I think in all fairness the gals should be allowed to remove their shirt anytime there is a 'collecting money from locals' task. That would make it about the same as a fast forward or express pass for them. ;)

11-28-12, 11:21 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Episode 9"
In Amsterdam, it might not be as effective as elsewhere.

12-03-12, 03:02 PM (EST)
33. "Episode 10"
In Spain, your choice:

Spin It (Repair a wind mill)
-or-
Bull It (Run around in a bull costume hitting matadors in the correct order)

I think I would have gone with Spin It. I'm pretty decent at assembling things, and the bull one seemed a little ridiculous. Plus with the time constraint it seemed the more complicated one.

12-03-12, 07:29 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Episode 10"
I might have gone with Bull It. I don't know how good I'd be at assembling things, and I wouldn't mind pretending to be a bull. It might be funny.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-03-12, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Episode 10"
The bull for me, I'm not sure how tired the teams are, but build tasks can require a degree of dexterity that I might not have by that time in the race.

(Mind you on seeing the Bull task and the time constraint I might have regretted my choice)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •