The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"In celebration of Mark & Bopper."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-12, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"In celebration of Mark & Bopper."
Great Racers? No. Possibly saved on purpose by Production last night because the rest of the remaining cast is starting to feel like watching sandpaper by rubbing it across your eyes? Could be. The most sophisticated team you've ever going to meet? They don't have to be.

The words we may want here are from TV Tropes: Heterosexual Life Partners. Both being straight and married, but joined to each other for the duration, come what may. We've had our innocents abroad before this and we'll have them again, but the Kentucky duo represent the first time in a while when we've been able to combine it with Brother From Another Mother. This is the only team left which has demonstrated nothing but internal support (combined with some sibling-level ribbing) for each other, the lone family unit in a field of mutual snipers eternally aiming for each other's kneecaps. Yes, they're enjoying themselves as they travel, and sometimes teams forget what a honor this really is. But they're also not inflicting pain on the masses in the name of the drama boost -- and that's not just a rare quality, it's almost extinct.

Not the best Racers. But if they don't win and there's another Second Chances season, I won't have a word of complaint if the producers bring them back.

As it turned out, there was gold in those hills. And it walks.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper... Molaholic 04-23-12 1
 RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper... dabo 04-23-12 2
 RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper... Weez 04-23-12 3
   RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper... rasslinmomma 04-23-12 4
 RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper... curlytop 04-24-12 5
 RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper... MzTee 04-25-12 6
 RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper... michel 04-25-12 7
 RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper... Max Headroom 04-25-12 8
 RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper... dabo 05-03-12 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-12, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper."
Well said.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-12, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper."
YAY! Great post.

Add to that: Not one Ugly American moment between them. Closest they've gotten to anything like that is commenting on the sma'el of th' ayer.

Weez 160 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-23-12, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Weez Click to send private message to Weez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper."
I love these guys, even though I can't understand half of what they say!

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-23-12, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper."
This is my favorite team by far. They may not be the strongest racers, but they almost always support each other. Even Bopper teasing Mark about his car sickness seems like more of an "in joke" then spite/meanness.

As far as their accents, I keep wondering why they subtitle them. They speak perfectly understandable Southern English. I have more trouble with some of the New England accents, and they never subtitle those!!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

curlytop 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-24-12, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curlytop Click to send private message to curlytop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper."
Coumt me in. I am root'n for the Kentucky Boys!!!

MzTee 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-12, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MzTee Click to send private message to MzTee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper."
Mark and Bopper had me in tears...really love this team.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-12, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper."
I agree with one note though: It could be good editing. How often have we been served "nice" contestants only to realize that they are just as bad as others when they return?

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-12, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper."
Well spoken. Metta World Peace is more pleasant than the other remaining teams.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-12, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: In celebration of Mark & Bopper."
They seem like the same likeable good ol' boys in every interview I've read.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-bopper-minton-and-mark-jackson-talk-the-amazing-race-13419.php

Mark Jackson: You just said everything. I was hoping to change the lives of my family because it's something that would have made a big difference for my kids -- I'm all my kids have got now. I'm divorced, I have three children, and that was all it was.

And then after the show, and I got back, I didn't know I was going to lose my job and I lost my job. It was just -- that's what the big shock was. But we was just trying to change our families' lives and that was just the bottom line. So anything we had to do to do it...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •