The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR lvoe List 19.2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-03-11, 05:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR lvoe List 19.2"
Don't Ignore The Signs

Teams left Taipei and travelled to Jakarta, Indonesia where they had to take a train (apparently you may ride on top of trains in Indonesia) to Yogyakarta and find the Goa Jamblang Caves. At the caves, spelunking was the Roadblock (and Cathy & Bill faced the Speed Bump of untangling a rope).

After getting a mask and a dagger in the caves, teams moved on to the Detour, a choice of Shake Your Moneymaker or Be A Ticket Taker. After collecting 30,000 Indonesian rupiah (about $3.40 in US Dollars) they were instructed to deliver the money to an orphanage where a twist was thrown in - a sign on the table saying the teams MUST donate all funds in their possession to the orphanage. As the producers hoped, only two teams bothered to read and follow the directions leading to lots of frantic running back to the orphanage.

In the end, a rather poorly thought out double elimination ousted Ethan & Jenna and Ron & Bill.

So who did you lvoe? Who didn't you lvoe?

1)Andy & Tommy - they actually had the sense to read the sign and won a trip to Ireland.

2)Laurence & Zac - Good team, just hope they get more airtime soon.

3)Kaylani & Lisa - I liked them this week.

4)Ernie & Cindy - Falling quickly down the list due to Cindy's quick to panic personality.

5)Liz & Marie - No blowups this week and they worked together.

6)Jeremy & Sandy - Invisible again.

7)Justin & Jennifer - Have no clue what they were fighting about at the airport. Lots of dysfunction there.

8)Cathi & Bill - easy Speed Bump, slow doddering team.

9)Armani & Marcus - Bringing up OJ is never a good idea.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 shimane22 10-03-11 1
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 Max Headroom 10-03-11 2
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 emydi 10-03-11 3
   RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 altpeach 10-03-11 5
   RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 Starshine 10-06-11 11
       RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 emydi 10-06-11 12
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 redbaronii 10-03-11 4
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 altpeach 10-03-11 6
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 cahaya 10-03-11 7
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 Joools 10-03-11 8
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 milkachulina 10-04-11 9
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 featherfish81 10-06-11 10
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 ARnutz 10-08-11 13
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 louislam 10-09-11 14
 RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2 beau_30 10-09-11 15
 Week 2 Rankings! ARnutz 10-09-11 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-03-11, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
TAR's first visit to Indonesia! Am considering a winter vacation on Bali and Java, so will be watching next episode's visit to Borobudur with interest

This Week's Rankings (+/- shift, last week's ranking)

1. Andy/Tommy (+4, 5th)
They seem affable enough and had a good week racing-wise. Why couldn't they have been cast in season 9 instead of those godawful smug asshats BJ/Tyler?

2. Kaylani/Lisa (+5, 7th)
Kudos to them for being one of the three teams to pick up on the clue at the orphanage - hope Phil feels bad for making Kaylani cry at the mat.

3. Bill/Cathi (+7, 10th)
They seem to have woken up to the fact that they're in a race - maybe they were so lackadaisical in Taipei because they were so far behind and figured they were out of contention... good on Ma and Pa for fighting hard this week!

4. Liz/Marie (+7, 11th)
What a turnaround from the premiere episode... they were good-natured throughout and even handled their screw-up at the orphanage with maturity and poise.

5. Amani/Marcus (-4, 1st)
I like them but don't think Amani is in good enough shape for them to make it to the end.

6. Ernie/Cindy (-4, 2nd)
Cindy was at the top of my love list for the first 2/3 of this episode, but of course she had to go and have an embarrassing meltdown the second something didn't go her way. Not impressed. I remember Victor had a similar "Asian perfectionist" breakdown early on in season 14 but bounced back quickly, so I hope she is able to do the same (although the preview for next week doesn't bode well...)

7. Jeremy/Sandy (+1, 8th)
Will they get more than 10 seconds of airtime in an episode before their Philimination?

8. Laurence/Zac (-4, 4th)
I did not like Laurence's borderline racist rendering of Yogyakarta at the start of the episode. Besides that, they haven't given me much reason to lvoe them.

9. Jennifer/Justin (NC, 9th)
She. Is. The. Worst. Hate hate hate hate hate hate!

ELIMINATED

10. Jenna/Ethan (3rd)
Glad to see them go - Ethan is smug and it's always nice to watch a cocky team get burned.

11. Ron/Bill (6th)
Yawn. Did not warm up to them at all. Boring and incompetent. Good riddance.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-11, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
Liked the episode but not the double elimination. In addition to being a dumb idea, it'll give us an extra non-elimination later as it puts us back on track for one elimination per week.

Like:
1. Andy/Tommy (2) - Seem like decent guys, look like a strong team, and I lvoed their attention to detail (8 out of 11 teams missed the sign, but not them).
2. Laurence/Zac (4) - Like their relationship and their attitudes, hope they go far.
3. Liz/Marie (7) - Got a much better edit this leg and seemed very likeable. Stress is an ugly thing, even for twin sisters.
4. Ernie/Cindy (3) - Still no fireworks between these two, but they're coming soon. So far they've done a mostly good job.

Meh:
5. Jeremy/Sandy (1) - Invisible again after two episodes, but not doing anything to make me actively dislike them.
6. Kaylani/Lisa (8) - Much better this time around, but still not looking like contenders.
7. Bill/Cathi (10) - The tortoise wins the race in the children's story, but not in TAR. At least they seem to have pleasant personalities.

Don't like:
8. Amani/Marcus (9) - On the few occasions we saw her, Amani was shrill, and Marcus' "enthusiasm" grates on me.
9. Justin/Jennifer (11) - And we have our villain team for the season. By showing us a nasty, bickering relationship ad nauseum, that sets this team up to be with us for the entire season. Lucky us.

Philiminated:
Ethan/Jenna (5) - Not a fan of stunt casting, and especially not a fan of Jenna. Won't miss this team much.
Ron/Bill (6) - One of the weakest TAR teams ever cast, but otherwise we barely saw them. Can't say I'll miss them.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-11, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
1. Andy/Tommy (1)-dude...don't dude me! I love them Smart enuf to read the sign. I think i'm going to love them

2. Laurence/Zac (2)-For some reason I knew the English dad would read the sign. I like these guys alot I think Zac is probably the strongest competitor for endurance and tough tasks.

3. Bill Cathi(8)-They did well coming back on this leg. The Speed bump of untying their shoe strings was a bit lame but they did well on the other tasks. The group really likes them. THey are nice people.

4. Jeremy Sandy(5)-still invisible but what I saw of them was ok

5. Amani/Marcus(6)-OJ and Big Easy references. I like this team though

6. Ernie/Cindy(3)-AND the whining has started.

7. Justin/Jennifer (10) -I may like them more if they "redeem" themselves. Jennifer seemed really upset she can't run

8. Kaylani/Klisa Kardashian-(9) meh

9. Liz/Marie(11)-still don't like them.

Philiminated

Jenna Ethan(7)-darn I knew it was coming but it was way too soon. Quite ironic that Ethan is all about giving but didn't read the sign...Forgetting that clue put them behind Marmani. I wish the Kardashians would have left here

Ron Bill (4)-I liked them sorry to see them go so soon. I wish the twins had left

altpeach 137 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-11, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail altpeach Click to send private message to altpeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
LOL at the Kardashian comment.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-06-11, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
Now this is a shocker Emydi has written my list for me

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
you've turned to the dark side

redbaronii 171 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-11, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbaronii Click to send private message to redbaronii Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
Totally forgot about this last week (or last season for that matter)

1. Andy/Tommy - I like them so far for the 2 episodes. They ARE how a "cool" team should work: good racers, enjoying it, no bickering, and actually READ!

2. Justin/Jennifer - I do not care they yell at each other. Their dysfunction is actually fun to watch...before it gets tiring, of course.

3. Laurence/Zac - Only here kind of by default

4. Ernie/Cindy - Looks like Cindy panicking mode will get to them? They did finished well both legs, however.

5. Jeremy/Sandy - WHO?

6. Liz/Marie - I always support a Twins team...but does not look like they will last long either. Definitely remind me of Kami/Karli

7. Cathi/Bill - After last leg, I'm surprise they survived this one. Likable, but also physically may not be able to hold up.

8. Kaylani/Lisa - Very very meh

9. Armani/Marcus - The only thing I remember from them are the references to OJ and Big Easy. I do not like Marcus style of race nor Armani "just following along" either.

Phliminated:

Ethan/Jenna - I never really like them. They are not bad people, but just not a big fan of ex-reality TV star going onto another one.

Ron/Bill - They seems boring, bland, and bad racers. Maybe it is the editing...

altpeach 137 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-11, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail altpeach Click to send private message to altpeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
1. BiCathi- good comeback.
2. AnTommy- you read the sign.
3. LaurZac- you read the sign.
4. MarMani- plz don't ever reference OJ ever again. I did giggle when the TAR bell dinged when you made the comment.
5. LizArie- much better this episode.
6. JerSandy- who are you?
7. KayLisa- (?)
8. ErnIndy- Wow, you break down that easily? Not good.
9. JustEnnifer- It's like you both are still trying to get Mommy's attention. Grow the heck up already!!! You are actually decent racers.

***EthEnna- Too many mistakes. Buh-bye
***BRon- Never really got to know ya.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-11, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-11 AT 07:11 PM (EST)

Be aware! Read the instructions on the table! Only three out of eleven teams passed this simple test. Casting has to be scratching their heads.

1. Andy & Tommy: Love these guys! At least they noticed the instructions to donate all of their money and were more than happy to give all they had for the children.

2. Laurence & Zac: Running in eighth, Laurence immediately notices the donation sign before doing anything and they rise up the ranks to second place! Here, too.

3. Kaylani & Lisa: Running in tenth, they're the third and last team to see the donation sign, moving them up in to third in the Race. And, being generous for now, here too.

4. Cathi & Bill: Kudos for not being dispirited from last leg's poor finish and actually staying with the pack this time, even ahead of the pack for much of it.

5. Ernie & Cindy: She gets a little too upset and hard on herself (as a "competitive Asian", in her words) for a mistake almost every other team made. At least she didn't blame Ernie for it.

6. Liz & Marie: Maybe the Confucian proverb memory task was an aberration. They looked a lot less Confucius-ed this time and were more enjoyable to watch.

7. Jeremy & Sandy: Here by default with the invisible edit and last week's meh-ness.

8. Marcus & Amani: Amani compares Jenna to a Medusa? And Marcus compares a jungle track to the streets of Detroit? You guys lost me on those comparisons.

9. Justin & Jennifer: She is always pouting; he is always not listening; together they are always dickering. Doomed to finish last sooner rather than later. And already last here.

Philiminated:

Ethan & Jenna: Two fatal errors end the Race for them. Although we can admire Ethan for being a cancer survivor, this show isn't Survivor. Maybe they'll appear on next season's Big Brother!

Ron & Bill: We get it. You guys love each other. But it's the end of our love for you here with your elimination from the Race.

Shameless plug:

My weekly episode recap is posted here!

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-03-11, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
1. Andy & Tommy - Definitely feeling the lvoe with these guys. Hope they make it to the end.

2. Bill & Cathi - Can't help but by impressed that Bill beat the young'uns up the bamboo ladder. The fondness the other racers have for "Mom" and "Dad" is cute.

3. Laurence & Zac - I've always been a sucker for parent/child teams and they seem like genuinely nice people.

4. Ernie & Cindy - Cindy's meltdown was way intense but Ernie seems like he's a good, calming counterpoint. I still like them but hope she turns it down a few notches in the future.

5. Liz & Marie - Big improvement over last week, I may just end up liking them quite a bit.

6. Jeremy & Sandy - I'm just going to assume they're okay but with so little screen time who really knows?

7. Lisa & Kaylani - Good job being one of the few teams to notice the message at the orphanage but I'm just not feeling them.

8. Marcus & Amani - Really? You had to reference up OJ? Really? *facepalm*

9. Justin & Jennifer - Two episodes in, two (at least) bickering sessions. It's going to be a loooong season. But Jennifer's facial expressions when Justin is talking to the camera are priceless.

Philiminated:

Ethan & Jenna - I didn't like that they were there but I didn't dislike them as people. I think they would have at least done a lot of good with the money had they won.

Ron & Bill - Sorry to see them go, there are others I would have rather seen eliminated first.

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-04-11, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
My, how things change in just a week. Last week’s rating is in parenthesis.

1) Andy & Tommy (2): Good race. Still, they seem like a repeat of another former team.

2) Kaylani & Lisa (3): Likeable ladies. Raced good this leg. Phil really freaked them out when he delayed telling the truth about their real placement at the end of the leg. It was cute.

3) Liz & Marie (5): They got along well this leg. Nice race.

4) Bill & Cathi (10): Much better race, but they still don’t pay attention to details. They should have noticed the sign at the orphanage. They should have been “extra careful” after messing up on the first leg. And, their additional task was probably the easiest on record. The producers could have just given them a Jello frozen pop and told them to eat it down to the stick. I mean really, what’s the point of imposing a penalty for last place if the task is so simple?

5) Jeremy & Sandy (8): Last week, I had no idea who they were. I feel like I just met them for this first time this episode. Decent looking duo.

6) Laurence & Zac (7): I really didn’t recognize them during this leg.

7) Justin & Jennifer (4): Last week I said that these two could make for some exciting television. Wow, if Jennifer didn’t get on my nerves this leg. Whereas last week I was all about the “drama,” this week I wanted to light Jennifer up with a taser.

8) Armani & Marcus (11): He still gets on my nerves. What does she do? Does she speak? Is she alive? It’s weird that I can’t stand him, but I know nothing about her.

9) Ernie & Cindy (1): Her over-the-top meltdown did not sit well with me. And, the speech relating to Asian culture and success was a bit much. You made a mistake, Cindy. Humans do. But, in response, you announce that you can’t take it anymore. Where is the perseverance, Cindy? Is that not a part of your culture? Ugh.

Gone:
Ron & Bill (6): Well, they did not end up being jerks as I predicted they would. They left the show with class and a good vibe. Now, I’m sorry the race ended so soon for them. Still, they were weak competitors.

Ethan & Jenna (9): Goodbye and Good Riddance. I didn’t want them on the show, and I especially don’t like Jenna. I am surprised they got the boot first. Really surprised. I planned on hating them throughout the season. Glad they are gone!

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-06-11, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 02:28 AM (EST)

The teams are starting to differentiate themselves.

Like:
1)Andy/Tommy (2) - Just plugging along, and you actually thought to read all of the signs. Not to mention I like their attitude. Good job.
2)Laurence/Zac (3) - Yay, a parent/child team without major issues. And you also knew to read all of the signs.
3)Ernie/Cindy (1) - You drop a little for the freak-out, but I do understand the frustration of thinking you'll be eliminated because of a dumb mistake.

Neutral:
4)Kaylani/Lisa (10) - Not as annoying this round, and you also managed to read all of the clue.
5)Amani/Marcus (5) - Seemed to be flying a little under the radar this week, so you stay where you are.
6)Bill/Cathi (7) - Improved this week, and still drama free.
7)Jeremy/Sandy (8) - Still doing well, still flying under the radar.
8)Liz/Marie (11) - Much better this episode. We'll see how they do the rest of the race
9)Justin/Jennifer (9) - I really don't know what the fight was about, and if this season all you do is bicker over nothing I hope you are gone early. Which probably means you'll be around awhile.

Philiminated
Ron/Bill (4) - I think this team would have been interesting to watch. You can tell they've been together awhile and are supportive of each other

Ethan/Jenna (6) - Didn't seem as objectionable this week, but I never really got to know them.

ETA: For some reason I forgot Liz & Marie the first time.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-11, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
1. Andy/Tommy (3) - They were in 4th, but they know how to read, so they jump onto the mat in 1st!
2. Laurence/Zac (2) - Like them! Love dad's accent.
3. Ernie/Cindy (1) - Fell behind this time, but I still like them!
4. Amani/Marcus (6) - The only reason they moved up is others moved down.
5. Jeremy/Sandy (8) - Someone has to go in the middle.
6. Bill/Cathi (9) - Not their fault, but I am tired of TAR always having an older team who will never have any hope of winning.
7. Justin/Jennifer (4) - SHUT UP!!!
8. Kaylani/Lisa (10) - Who says the blonds have no brains?
9. Liz/Marie (11) - Go away!!!

Philiminated: Ethan/Jenna (5) - This is not Survivor. It's a completely different game.

Ron/Bill (7) - Too bad. We hardly knew you.

louislam 454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-09-11, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
1. Bill/Cathi (6)
2. Andy/Tommy (2)
3. Liz/Marie (10)
4. Ernie/Cindy (4)
5. Laurence/Zac (5)
6. Jeremy/Sandy (1)
7. Kaylani/Lisa (11)
8. Justin/Jennifer (3)
9. Amani/Marcus (8)
Philiminated - 10. Ethan/Jenna (7)
Philiminated - 11. Ron/Bill (9)

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-09-11, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR lvoe List 19.2"
almost forgot. Been a really busy week.

My lvoe list

1 Andy/Tommy
2 Zac/Lawerence
3 Hawaiian Girls
4 Ernie Cindy
5 Jeremy/Sandy
6 Bill/Cathi
7 Twins
8 Aramni/Marcus
9 Justin/Jennifer

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-11, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Week 2 Rankings!"
14 lists this week (well 13 plus Starshine's copy of Emydi's) and there is movement amongst the teams. Most of them moved up, but a few moved down.

Can Andy & Tommy continue their reign at the top? Will Justin & Jennifer remain the bottom feeders? Tune in next week to find out!

­
Rank
Team
First Place Votes
Last Place Votes
AverageRank
Direction
Andy & Tommy
Laurence & Zac
Bill & Cathi
Ernie & Cindy
Kaylani & Lisa
Jeremy & Sandy
Liz & Marie
Amani & Marcus
Justin & Jennifer

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •