The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Worthy Competitors....?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-11, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Worthy Competitors....?"
At least in TAR we don't hear much from the teams saying that they deserve to win over others cough*cough* BB, Project Runway, **cough**cough**

But, in the ECST, garibaldi (welcome newbie) posted that the twins should have gone home, and that Bill & Cathi should not be there - that it's disappointing to see "sub-par" teams saved by NELs. Now, a lot of viewers don't like NELs, but they are part of the game so...

Bill & Cathi made their biggest mistake in wandering around the square trying to find the clue that was "over their heads"; not necessarily meaning they were in over their heads.

After that, they have done relatively well. Cathi did the Confucius thing well; she fell quite a lot trying to get grass for the sheep, but her balance is not as steady as it probably was when she was 30 yrs younger; I may not remember exactly but didn't Bill figure out the Budda count by himself?
They did pretty well on the beach chair detour; and Bill climbed the cliff great!

Without going into details on the twins,
I don't think the twins or Bill & Cathi are sub-par players.
Just because Andy & Tommy are young and fit doesn't, to me, make them above-par or better than others.

I'm not picking on our new poster. I'm glad garibaldi came along and game us something more to talk about.

So, discuss?

Showin off my win! Thanks Cahaya-wonderful game!

yes, I tend to root for older reality players - being over the hill myself and all...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Worthy Competitors....? kidflash212 10-18-11 1
   RE: Worthy Competitors....? Earl Colby Pottinger 10-19-11 2
       RE: Worthy Competitors....? jbug 10-19-11 3
           RE: Worthy Competitors....? michel 10-19-11 4
           RE: Worthy Competitors....? Earl Colby Pottinger 10-20-11 6
 RE: Worthy Competitors....? agman 10-19-11 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-18-11, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Worthy Competitors....?"
I would like to see an older contestant compete and win on one of the major shows but it always seems they cast to make sure that doesn't happen. Bill and Cathi are slow - they arrive at a task and other teams who arrive after seem to finish before them. At the beach chairs, I think they arrived third and left second to last.

Terri & Ian were the original Dandrew. They come in near the bottom of every leg except the one they won by using the Fast Forward. Bert on Project Runway was not on the same level as the other designers. Good sewing skills but lacked creativity.

Seems like the casting people either want a folksy, cute older couple or a villian (like Ian)but not a real competitor.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-19-11, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Worthy Competitors....?"
The problem is while it is fun to watch an older couple with spunk run the race, the number of people over 60 who have both the upper and lower body strength to run the race are few and far between.

At 55 I already feel the loss in the upper muscles, and while my legs are still strong the heart/lungs are not up to what it would take to win the race today.

Add on the mental part (note: this is not so bad as some of the young racers are still pretty dumb already) and you will find there are very very few older couples who stand a change to win a TAR competition.

What we need are a true outdoors adventure couple who have been doing things the hard way (hiking, biking, climbing) the last decade or two. Couples like me and my friends who spend half their time cruising/driving may have travelled a lot, but it is not the same as the race.

Note: Given three months notice I am sure I could whip myself into shape, but my ex-ex-girl-friend has a bad back, and my ex-girl-friend is scared of heights, caves, snakes, frog, lizards etc (you get the picture).

Even when you find one older person with the right abilities, that does not ensure their companion has what it takes to run TAR.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-11, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Worthy Competitors....?"
so you would call them sub-par racers?

The twins were called sub-par as well;
so this is not just a old couple thought

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-11, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Worthy Competitors....?"
The old couple finished last in the first leg. That's the only reason why we should call them undeserving but it's a very valid reason. NELs are part of the race so the Twins could reasonably expect to be saved in the latest leg, there had never been a NEL on the first leg.

In addition, Cathi is too excited. They could be entertaining if they were more relaxed but their exchanges get on my nerves.

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-20-11, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Worthy Competitors....?"
No, I would not. The girls are sub-par because we can see they are not running at their true 'present' potential. They are not trying their best, the old couple is doing their best.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-11, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Worthy Competitors....?"
OOPS, I just stepped into the wrong thread! sorry about that!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •