The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 18 Entry Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

kircon 3239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-17-11, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 18 Entry Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-11 AT 03:09 AM (EST)

The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business

TAR 18 PTTE

What's a PTTE, you ask? Well PTTE means:
Picks To The End

New players are always welcome, and for new folks who want to play the PTTE game this season, here's how it works:

Here's the goal:

Post your prediction about the ENTIRE elimination order for the season, starting with the first team to be eliminated and ending with the winner. Please put WINNER next to the team that you think will win.

This doesn't need to have any analysis, although you're welcome to throw anything in that you want. With any spoiler information available to you, coupled with your own intuition, see how well you can do.

The game won't close for a few weeks, but all picks made after the first episode begins will incur a point penalty... the earlier you enter, the less points you can earn, so enter early!
Remember, the goal is to end the season with the fewest points.

Scoring:

Here's the way that the scoring works:

1) You do NOT want points... they're bad... it's like golf. Every point counts against you in the standings, so try to avoid them.

2) Points will be awarded to every contestant in the game after each episode of The Amazing Race 18. They will be awarded as the difference between where you thought this week's eliminee would finish and where the eliminee actually finished.
If it is a non-elimination episode, then no points will be scored for that week, and if there is a double-elimination episode, the eliminees will be scored according to the order they were eliminated.

For example: If you think Jet & Cord will come in 5th, and they actually come in 11th, you'll receive 6 points (the difference between 11th and 5th) for that week's episode.

3) You will be given 4 penalty points every time you change your PTTE list after the first episode has aired, but it's only 4 points so change your list if you think it will help you out.

4) If you do not enter before the first episode, you will start with a score equivalent to 8 points per episode you missed.

5) I will post a few tiebreaker questions in the event of ties at the end of the season.
These are important, as tiebreakers have decided the winner in seasons past!
More information to follow.

Here are the teams!

You can find out more on the teams at the CBS Amazing Race site.

Amanda and Kris
Previous Season/Result: Season 14/8th place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Amanda and Kris were unexpectedly u-turned in Siberia by Margie and Luke and were eliminated from the Race.

Amanda Blackledge (25)
Currently residing in Pismo Beach, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Fiance
Current Occupation: College Admissions at a private college

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: We were naive and trusted too many other teams. We forgot that we were racing for one million dollars.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Not trusting anyone, yet willing to make "alliances" to get ahead.

Kris Klicka (27)
Currently residing in Pismo Beach, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Fiance
Current Occupation: Insurance Agent

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Amanda and I are social people and last time around we put too much trust in teams we thought were friends. This is a Race for one million dollars and this time around, we are not going to hold back for anything.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I will not trust a soul, but try to be very discrete about it. This time around, I want to fly under the radar to not put targets on our backs, but at the same time, do whatever it takes to get ahead. We are not going to hold back for anything or anyone.

Gary and Mallory
Previous Season/Result: Season 17/6th Place

Gary Ervin (53)
Hometown: Morganfield, Ky.
Connection to your Teammate: Father
Current Occupation: Owner of Ervin Cable Construction

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Getting lost in Oman.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Let Mallory drive more. She is a more aggressive driver and I am a better navigator. We are also only going to bring one backpack with less than twenty pounds for both of us.

Mallory Ervin (25)
Hometown: Morganfield, Ky.
Connection to your Teammate: Daughter
Current Occupation: Entertainer

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Not turning around earlier in Oman.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I need to let my dad navigate more. He's definitely better at that. We also need to remember how strong we are.

Flight Time and Big Easy
Previous Season/Result: Season 15/4th place

Herb "Flight Time" Lang (34)
Hometown: Brinkley, Ark.
Connection to your Teammate: Harlem Globetrotters Teammate
Current Occupation: Professional Basketball player with the Harlem Globetrotters

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Trusting that Dan would keep his word.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: None! Just win!

Nate "Big Easy" Lofton (29)
Hometown: New Orleans, La.
Connection to your Teammate: Harlem Globetrotters Teammate
Current Occupation: Professional Basketball player with the Harlem Globetrotters

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Over-thinking the game and not taking my time to concentrate.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I don't think so. I think we ran a great Race.

Jaime and Cara
Previous Season/Result: Season 14/2nd place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": During the final leg, Jaime and Cara fell victim to a bad taxi driver in Hawaii and lost to Tammy and Victor.

Jaime Edmondson (32)
Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Connection to your Teammate: Former NFL cheerleaders
Current Occupation: Playboy Playmate

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Over-packing! I could have been fine with about 7-10 pounds less stuff in my pack.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I believe Cara and I ran a good solid race the first time, and plan to run that way again.

Cara Rosenthal (28)
Hometown: Boca Raton, Fla.
Connection to your Teammate: Former NFL Cheerleaders
Current Occupation: Government Relations Consultant and law student

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Packing way too much stuff in our backpacks. We were each carrying twenty five pounds and we didn't need half of it!

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Yes, we won't be starving ourselves. Last time we pretty much only ate on airplanes when we were racing. Being conservative with our limited funds is important, but so is nourishment!

Jet and Cord
Previous Season/Result: Season 16/2nd place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Jet and Cord fell behind during the final leg and couldn’t recover, which ultimately led to a 2nd place finish to winners Dan and Jordan.

Jet McCoy (31)
Hometown: Ada, Okla.
Connection to your Teammate: Brother
Current Occupation: Cowboy

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Leaving a coconut during one of the challenges.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I will look for more opportunities to get ahead.

Cord McCoy (30)
Hometown: Tupelo, Okla.
Connection to your Teammate: Brother
Current Occupation: Cowboy

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Getting second.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Go faster!

Kent and Vyxsin
Previous Season/Result: Season 12/5th place

Kent Kaliber (35)
Currently residing in Los Angeles, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Boyfriend
Current Occupation: Print and Runway Model

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: My biggest mistake in our previous season was completely burning out the clutch of our car in Italy.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We are prepared physically but we need to work on getting our head in the game. We are going to focus more mentally.

Vyxsin Fiala (32)
Currently residing in Los Angeles, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Girlfriend
Current Occupation: Print and Runway Model

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: I should have helped Kent get better prepared for stick-shift driving. He burnt the clutch in our vehicle in Italy, which turned out to be a one-way ticket to last place.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We are going to try to form alliances with other teams instead of only focusing on ourselves. Working together with another team or two could propel us all to the final three.

LaKisha and Jennifer
Previous Season/Result: Season 14/4th place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": LaKisha and Jennifer missed out on a spot in the final three by minutes after stopping to use the restroom in China.

LaKisha Hoffman (30)
currently residing in the Bronx, N. Y.
Connection to your Teammate: Sister
Current Occupation: Basketball Coach

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Leaving our bags at the dock.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We will work smarter and harder.

Jennifer Hoffman (26)
residing in Louisville, Ky.
Connection to your Teammate: Sister
Current Occupation: Assistant Volleyball Coach at the University of Louisville

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: I didn't communicate some of my ideas with certainty in the previous race and I didn't communicate enough with the other Racers.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We will communicate more with other contestants and not be so isolated.

Margie and Luke
Previous Season/Result: Season 14/3rd place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Margie and Luke entered the final challenge with a substantial lead, but quickly fell behind and finished in 3rd place.

Margie Adams (53)
Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colo.
Connection to your Teammate: Mother
Current Occupation: RN, BSN, Clinical Research Associate

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Not drinking enough water and becoming dehydrated in Thailand. I fainted.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We need to be more careful about reading the clues.

Luke Adams (25)
Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colo.
Connection to your Teammate: Son
Current Occupation: Motivational Speaker

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: My biggest mistake was not being able to figure out what the last surfboard was during the final challenge!

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I don't think I will change anything since our strategy from last time worked well. Hopefully it will bring us to the final three again and we can win this time!

Mel and Mike
Previous Season/Result: Season 14/6th place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Mike and Mel found themselves lost in Thailand courtesy of a bad taxi driver and were eliminated from the Race.

Name (Age): Mel White (70)
Hometown: Lynchburg, Va.
Current Occupation: Writer and activist

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Not insisting that we take the fast forward, use our remaining funds to support an orphanage in Thailand, and jump to the front of the line (instead of being eliminated).

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Never stop racing; read the clues more carefully; quit worrying and enjoy THE AMAZING RACE.

Name (Age): Mike White (40)
Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Son
Current Occupation: Writer

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Watching my dad paraglide over the Alps.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We need to leave less up to luck and stay with the pack.

Ron and Christina
Previous Season/Result: Season 12/2nd place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": After struggling during their final leg in Alaska, Ron and Christina finished in 2nd place to TK and Rachel.

Ronald Hsu (61)
Hometown: Tacoma, Wash.
Current Occupation: Vice President

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Not being uplifting.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I will be more uplifting to my teammate.

Christina Hsu (29)
Hometown: Wash., D.C.
Connection to your Teammate: Daughter
Current Occupation: Consultant

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Not taking a deep breath at the final Road Block in Alaska.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I'm going to relax and keep everything in perspective.

Zev and Justin
Previous Season/Result: Season 15/9th place, disqualified after losing passport.

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Zev and Justin finished in first place during their Cambodia leg, but quickly discovered that they had lost their passport and would not be able to continue in the Race.

Zev Glassenberg (28)
Hometown: Sherman Oaks, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Best Friend
Current Occupation: Actor

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: We lost my passport.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Yeah, not lose a passport!

Justin Kanew (31)
Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.
Connection to your Teammate: Best friend
Current Occupation: Film Producer, National Lampoon

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Can't think of one.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Staple our passports to my chest and pack lighter.

If you have any questions post them in this thread or PM me.
(Private Message located top right on page, larger envelope icon.)

That's it for now.
Post your list.
Sit back and enjoy the first episode of:
The Amazing Race 18

I will lock in your list at
7:59 pm EDT on Sunday, February 20, 2011.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread ARnutz 02-19-11 1
 RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread esquire 02-19-11 2
 RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread Yogi 02-20-11 3
 RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread louislam 02-20-11 4
 RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread michel 02-20-11 5
 RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread Molaholic 02-20-11 6
 Corvis' Picks Corvis 02-20-11 7
 RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread vennui 02-20-11 8
 RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread beau_30 02-20-11 9
 RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread kircon 02-20-11 10
 TAR 18 PTTE Entry Thread kircon 02-25-11 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-11, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread"
11. Amanda/Kris - first out
10. Mel/Mike
09. Jaime/Cara
08. Margie/Luke
07. Ron/Christina
06. Kynt/Vyxsin
05. Zev/Justin
04. Gary/Mallory
03. LaKisha/Jennifer
02. Jet/Cord
01. Flight Time/Big Easy - winners
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

esquire 1089 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-19-11, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-11 AT 09:42 PM (EST)

Lets see if I can improve on last season's last place finish.

10. Mel/Mike
09. Jaime/Cara
08. Ron/Christina
07. Kynt/Vyxsin
06. Flight Time/Big Easy
05. LaKisha/Jennifer
04. Jet/Cord
03. Zev/Justin
02. Gary/Mallory
01. Margie/Luke - winners

Yogi 1139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-20-11, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread"
Great work on the summary Kircon. For someone like myself with
a poor memory it is much appreciated!

11. Amanda/Kris
10. Mel/Mike
9. Jamie/Cara
8. Ron/Christina
7. Kent/Vyxsin
6. Jet/Cord
5. Herb/Nate
4. LaKisha/Jen
3. Zev/Justin
2. Margie/Luke
1. Gary/Mallory - Winners

Many thanks for running the game again!

- Yogi

louislam 454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-20-11, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread"
11. Amanda/Kris
10. Mel/Mike
9. Jaime/Cara
8. Zev/Justin
7. Margie/Luke
6. Kynt/Vyxsin
5. Flight Time/Big Easy
4. Jet/Cord
3. LaKisha/Jennifer
2. Ron/Christina
1. Gary/Mallory

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-11, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread"
1st Philiminated: Amanda and Kris
- Mel/Mike
- Jaime/Cara
- Lakisha/Jen
- Ron/Christina
- Kant/Vyxsim
- Globetrotters
- Jet/Cord
- Zev and Justin
- Margie and Luke
Winners: Gary and Mallory

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-11, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread"
Wow -- kinda surprising that our group is so small...

Hey, the good part is, I'm sure to finish in the top 10!

11. Amanda/Kris - still clueless & first out
10. Ron/Christina
9. Mel/Mike
8. Jaime/Cara
7. Margie/Luke
6. LaKisha/Jennifer
5. Zev/Justin
4. Gary/Mallory
3. Kynt/Vyxsin
2. Jet/Cord
1. Flight Time/Big Easy - Happy Globetrotters & Winners

Things could be worse. They could be forcing us to watch LOST

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-11, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Corvis' Picks"
11. Amanda/Kris - out first
10. Mel/Mike
9. Jaime/Cara
8. Ron/Christina
7. Margie/Luke
6. Flight Time/Big Easy
5. LaKisha/Jennifer
4. Gary/Mallory
3. Jet/Cord
2. Kynt/Vyxsin
1. Zev/Justin

vennui 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-20-11, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vennui Click to send private message to vennui Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread"

10. Mel/Mike
9. Jaime/Cara
8. Margie/Luke
7. Ron/Christina
6. Kynt/Vyxsin
5. Zev/Justin
4. Gary/Mallory
3. LaKisha/Jennifer
2. Jet/Cord
1. Flight Time/Big Easy - winners

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-20-11, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-11 AT 08:32 PM (EST)

Amanda/Kris - first out
Mel/Mike
Jaime/Cara
Margie/Luke
Zev/Justin
Kynt/Vysixn
Ronald/Christina
Gary/Mallory
Kisha/Jen
Herb/Nate
Jet/Cord

02-20-11, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR 18 Entry Thread"
I love my cowboys. I would also like to see the parent-child couples do well.

11. Mel/Mike
10. Amanda/Kris
9. Jamie/Cara
8. Zev/Justin
7. LaKisha/Jennifer
6. Kent/Vyxsin
5. Flight Time/Big Easy
4. Ron/Christina
3. Gary/Mallory
2. Margie/Luke
1. Jet/Cord - Winners

A B-day present from Tribephyl

02-25-11, 12:42 PM (EST)
11. "TAR 18 PTTE Entry Thread"
Good start, but what about my cowboys?
I’m busy making a wedding cake so short version.

For entering the first week these players have won a free list change.

ARnutz
beau_30
Corvis
esquire
kircon
louislam
michel
Molaholic
vennui
Yogi

Anyone who wants to change their list this week may do so without penalty.
Just call it a cake bonus!

I will lock in your list at
7:59 pm EDT on Sunday, February 27, 2011.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •