The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New twist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-01-10, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New twist"
Considering it can only be once, good or bad addition to the race.

Remember teams have already used the fast-forward yet came in last.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New twist Starshine 10-02-10 1
 RE: New twist featherfish81 10-02-10 2
 RE: New twist Max Headroom 10-04-10 3
   RE: New twist kidflash212 10-04-10 4
 RE: New twist krismiss2us 10-10-10 5
   RE: New twist featherfish81 10-13-10 6
 RE: New twist featherfish81 10-18-10 7
   RE: New twist vince3 10-18-10 8
       RE: New twist Nume 10-18-10 9
           RE: New twist michel 10-18-10 10
               RE: New twist Nume 10-18-10 11
                   RE: New twist michel 10-18-10 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-02-10, 04:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New twist"
I like it, it is a one shot and only valid until leg 8 which is good, it adds a bit to tactical thinking to the game and is a really big advantage.

That said as we know the aim in all but the last leg is not to come in last, will we see them try to use it to come in first?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-02-10, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New twist"
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-10 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

I think it's an interesting twist, and I'm really curious about when they'll decide to use it. Personally, I would save it and only use it if I was competing for last place, unless it was leg 8 and the last time I could use it. Of course with detours sometimes it's hard to tell. But I would hate to use it one leg and then have a horrible cabdriver or a delayed flight or something like that the next leg.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-10, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New twist"
I'd save it until I arrived at a task closed due to "Hours of Operation", then hand it over and gain a multiple-hour lead over everyone else.

My backup choice would be if I were having a terrible leg and felt I needed to use it to stay in the race.

If neither of those scenarios came to pass, I'd use it on leg 8 to avoid having it expire unused.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-04-10, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New twist"
I don't think they could use it at an hours of operations task that way - the way Phil explained it, they need to turn in the express pass to receive the next clue. Since the person handing out the clues would not be available until the place opens, they'd still have to wait.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-10-10, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New twist"
what did this do?

10-13-10, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New twist"
It allows them to skip any task at any point and just go on to the next one. They haven't used it yet.

10-18-10, 04:37 PM (EST)
7. "RE: New twist"
Well, they used it last night.

As it turns out, they didn't need to, because three other teams switched and would have gotten to that detour after them.

But I can't really blame them for using it. They knew they were behind, and couldn't actually see the other teams. I missed why they picked the beds, though. Sleds seemed the faster choice, at least initially.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-10, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New twist"
I think the beds became the safer option after a few teams wiped out on the sledding course...

Nume 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-18-10, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: New twist"
Yeah but they didnt know that, and it at least sounded like the faster option . If they were able to do it it was a very fast task, just one that some people couldn't do.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-10, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New twist"
Not only were the sleds faster but they shouldn't have isolated themselves like that. Going alone to a detour could be the only choice if you are last and need a "Hail Mary" but not when you have the Express Pass. They should have gone with the others, seen how well or poorly they were doing and then decided what to do. They'd still have the pass if they had.

Nume 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-18-10, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New twist"
They got there after everyone else had already chosen though, so I doubt they even knew what everyone else was doing.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-10, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New twist"
They saw that the cars were still there so they had to look around and analyze the situation.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •