The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-10, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
This week, teams had to fly to Accra, Ghana and there was only one flight, so any lead was wiped out by bunching.

Once there, teams had to make their way to Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park to get the next clue, which sent them to Makola market and the roadblock - to sell sunglasses until they made 15 cedi.

Next up, teams had to get to the June 4th area where they were faced with the detour - install an antenna on a house - or - carry a coffin to a showroom. Once they completed that task, they were off to the pit stop - Kaneshie Market.

Want to see how your favorite team stacks up? ...then head on over to last week's standings compiled by my fabulous sidekick, kidflash!

On to the list!
rank. names (last week's rank)

1. Brook/Claire (1) = awesome job!
2. Nat/Kat (2) = I like them when I thought I wouldn't
3. Connor/Jonathan (3) = nice guys
4. Michael/Kevin (6) = also nice guys - dad is great
5. Nick/Vicki (7) = dumb, but fun to watch
6. Jill/Thomas (5) = there is something about her that irks me
7. Katie/Rachel (9) = meh.
8. Gary/Mallory (4) = her voice is grating
9. Chad/Stephenie (10) = totally annoying
Philiminated: Andie/Jenna (8)

I still don't have a good feel for these teams. Am I the only one?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 Max Headroom 10-04-10 1
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 kidflash212 10-04-10 2
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 jbug 10-04-10 5
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 TARFAN76 10-04-10 3
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 Toban 10-05-10 9
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 MaryKat 10-04-10 4
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 Belle Book 10-04-10 6
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 beau_30 10-04-10 7
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 featherfish81 10-04-10 8
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 TARFAN76 10-05-10 13
       RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 MaryKat 10-05-10 15
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 Scuba Steve 10-05-10 10
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 samboohoo 10-05-10 11
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 emydi 10-05-10 12
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 KwietOne 10-05-10 14
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2 louislam 10-10-10 16
 Results! kidflash212 10-10-10 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-10, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
Make that two fun episodes in a row. So far I'm enjoying this season much more than last season.

Like:
1. Nat/Kat (1) - Stayed positive during a stressful roadblock, and I like their team dynamics. Hopefully that was their one bad leg for a while.
2. Brook/Claire (6) - These two surprised me again with a strong leg that was fun to watch. So far they haven't been anywhere near as annoying as I'd expected.
3. Nick/Vicki (4) - Didn't get the dumb-dumb edit this time, though their race performance wasn't too inspiring. Still seem like decent people with a good relationship.
4. Michael/Kevin (2) - Michael sure seems (and acts) older than a 58-year-old man. While not long for the race, they're enjoyable to watch.
5. Katie/Rachel (7) - Editing can make a team look bad, and that's what happened last week. This time around they got a normal edit, and they were much more likable. I think they'll be around for a while, and I enjoy watching competitive teams.

Meh:
6. Gary/Mallory (3) - Mallory's bubbly personality is starting to wear on me, but she's energetic and cute, which is better than mundanely boring.
7. Jill/Thomas (5) - Another decent effort from Team Generic Dating Couple.
8. Connor/Jonathan (10) - Not quite as dorky as they were last episode, but I'm still not feeling the love here.

Don't like:
9. Chad/Stephanie (9) - Didn't see much of them this leg, and that's a positive. I'm not getting a good vibe from these two. At all.

Philiminated: Andie/Jenna (8) - Can't say I'll miss them, as they weren't good racers and I found their back story to be more awkward than interesting.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-04-10, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
I don't have much of a feel for them either. I'm not actively rooting for or against any of them.

1)Nat & Kat - Even when they were dead last, no big emotional breakdown and kept going. I like them.

2)Nick & Vicki - They were actually in first place at one point of this leg but the sales task caused them to fall behind. I guess I like them because they are less generic than some of the other teams.

3)Michael & Kevin - Good job this week but the "The race has shown me that my father is an equal teammate" confessionals usually precede an exit from the race. Andie & Jenna had one of those moments last week.

4)Jill & Thomas - Mostly forgettable.

5)Brook & Claire - They had a tailor made Roadblock and then convince themselves that their first place finish proves they are a strong team. I don't buy that yet.

6)Katie & Rachel - Better edit but I think they've received the least airtime of any team so the only thing memorable about them is the immature nicknames they gave other teams on the last leg.

7)Gary & Mallory - Her whining in the cab hurt my ears.

8)Connor & Jonathan - Being a geek is one thing but these guys are just too wishy washy for me. My reaction to being spit on would have been a little different than to cower in the cab. Something very pampered and soft about these two.

9)Chad & Stephanie - Everytime he's on screen I expect something bad to happen.

Phliminated: Andie & Jenna - The dynamics of their realtionship in this setting made me uncomfortable.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-10, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
I'm not actively rooting for or against any of them.

We can do that?

TARFAN76 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-04-10, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARFAN76 Click to send private message to TARFAN76 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
1. Connor/Jonathan – Still like these guys the best. I have three sons and when Connor said, “I want my mom,” he won me over for good. The not soiling himself bragging rights were amusing, as well. And they both seemed genuinely regretful that they couldn’t give money to the spitting beggar. I also would not have dealt well with being spit on, though. Yuck.

2. Nat/Kat - I was fearful that it was the end of the doctor line last night but they bounced back. Go Physicians! (I was trying to be clever and compare to “Go fish” – not sure it worked ;)

3. Brook/Claire - I found myself liking them last night. I heard one comment from Brook that reminded me of Romy from Romy & Michelle’s High School Reunion. Someone last week was trying to place her voice. She doesn’t remind me of her all the time but I definitely picked up on it once.

4. Katie/Rachel - Max Headroom is right; the edit from last week turned me off but this week I thought they were quite competent and did nothing annoying that I can recall.

5. Michael/Kevin – As the parent in life, I keep getting irritated with the kids saying how low their expectations are or “I have no confidence in him.” Then why did you do this with him? And by the way, Dad is the one scoring the points, Sonny!

6. Nick/Vicki – Something likeable about these two. They keep showing a humble side that I find so much more endearing than teams who polish their own halos excessively.

7. Jill/Thomas – I re-watched the episode from week one and came away with a better perception of Thomas. He didn’t seem as cocky as I had originally thought so I can’t really knock these two. In fact, he seems pretty cool.

8. Gary/Mallory – Still loving Dad and tolerating Miss Kentucky. She’s just too perky for my taste.

9. Chad/Stephanie – He has not rubbed me the wrong way as much I had been anticipating. They did much better than last week.

All in all, I am not finding any team emerging yet as the team to totally dislike. Usually by now there would be at least one.

Philiminated: Andie/Jenna Again, it was just weird seeing these two struggle with getting acquainted at the same time as struggling to stay in the race. I had hoped they’d last longer. I hope they will continue to bond without the spotlight in their eyes.

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-05-10, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
"3. Brook/Claire - I found myself liking them last night. I heard one comment from Brook that reminded me of Romy from Romy & Michelle’s High School Reunion. Someone last week was trying to place her voice. She doesn’t remind me of her all the time but I definitely picked up on it once."

That's hilarious! I mentioned during the show that I thought Brook (the blonde one I think) looked like Michele (Lisa Kudrow) from that same movie. Now I know why I like Brook and Claire...Romy and Michele's High School Reunion is one of my all-time favourite movies.

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-04-10, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
!. Michael and Kevin
2. Nat and Kat
3. Nick and Vickie
4. Conner and Jonathon
5. Gary and Mallory
6. Claire and Brook
7. Chad and Stephanie
8. Jill and Thomas
9. Katie and Rachel

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-10, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
Here are my rankings:

1. Brook & Claire -- the only reason you're ahead of Nat & Kat this week is because you leapt ahead in a task that was really well-suited for you. Still, great job!

2. Nat & Kat -- Maybe you shouldn't have done the Roadblock, Kat. Still, Nat supported you and you made up ground thanks to your taxi cab driver.

Gap --

3. Katie & Rachel -- you're real contenders for now! And you weren't annoying. I hope you stick around for awhile.

4. Connor & Jonathan -- switching tasks wasn't so bad this time, otherwise I might've criticized you for it.

5. Michael & Kevin -- you're really nice guys.

6. Nick & Vicki -- you should've let Vicki do the Roadblock. Still, for now you're fun to watch.

7. Gary & Mallory -- rough leg for you two. At least you were able to continue on.

8. Jill & Thomas -- they're not bad. They're just generic. And when there are more memorable teams I like, that's bad.

9. Chad & Stephanie -- not as bad this week.

Philiminated: Andie & Jenna -- sorry to see you go. But I knew you wouldn't last long.

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-04-10, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
Here is my List:

1) Brooke & Claire
2) Rachel & Katie - For doing so well together
3) Micheal & Kevin
4) Nat & Kat
5) Jill & Thoams
6) Gary & Mallory
7) Connor & Jonthan
8) Nick & Vicki
9) Chad & Stephanie

Philiminated - Andie & Jenna

>

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-04-10, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
1. Nat/Kat (2) - Getting along well and decent racers.
2. Connor/Jonathan (3) - Good idea to sell the sunglasses for a higher price to get done faster.
3. Katie/Rachel (5) - Seemed less abrasive this episode and did fairly well.
4. Michael/Kevin (8) - Way to realize your dad can actually do something. They seem to be doing okay race-wise, not sure how long they will last (at least one more week, though, since the promo showed them having a lot of trouble).
5. Brook/Claire (4) - Kissing people to get your way will get old quickly.
6. Gary/Mallory (6) - Doing fine, nothing spectacular so far.
7. Nick/Vicki (9) - No sign of the stupidity from last week. A temporary reprieve, I'm sure.
8. Jill/Thomas (1) - Yeah, let's just screw over poor people, as long as we win.
9. Chad/Stephanie (10) - Nothing to terrible this week, but nothing to bring them up either.

Philiminated: Andie/Jenna (7) - They seemed nice enough, and like they were having fun on the race. They just had bad luck with cabs and didn't have enough skill to overcome it.

I agree, overall, kind of a bland episode.

TARFAN76 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-05-10, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARFAN76 Click to send private message to TARFAN76 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
Featherfish 81,
I totally agree that Brooke's kissing strategy is already teetering on the edge of getting OLD. (Especially when it's labeled "a big old fluffy kiss")

Also, thanks for reminding me that Thomas was critical of Jill for being concerned about taking money from the poverty-stricken people. That somehow slipped my mind but it's troublesome.

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-05-10, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
I agree with the kissing. I hope she doesn't do it again.

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-05-10, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
1. Brook/Claire
2. Katie/Rachel
3. Michael/Kevin
4. Jill/Thomas
5. Nat/Kat
6. Gary/Mallory
7. Nick/Vicki
8. Connor/Jonathan
9. Chad/Stephenie

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-10, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
You're not the only one who feels that way.

1. Brook/Claire: I have no real problem with the sales task. Based on the people buying, I think anyone could have faired the same. They actually really impressed me with the TV antenna installation.

2. Nick/Vicki: Likeable.

3. Nat/Kat: Kept their cool and pushed through.

4. Katie/Rachel

5. Connor/Jonathan

6. Chad/Stephanie: Liked them way better than last week.

7. Michael/Kevin

8. Gary/Mallory

9. Jill/Thomas

Philiminated: Andie/Jenna

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-10, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
1. Brook/Claire (2)- great leg and for now I really like them...we'll see though
2. Nat/Kat (1)- way to get that cab driver to go go go.
3. Michael/Kevin (4)- I like this team,the father did better this week, but next week...who knows, the preview could be misdirection
4. Connor/Jonathan (3)- I really like their voices and I liked them singing in the cab
5. Katie/Rachel (6)-they were invisible this week so they move up but we'll see
6. Gary/Mallory (5)- they need to step it up
7. Nick/Vicki (8)- I don't like dimwits and he is a real winner..esp. next week from the previews..they are not long for this game
8. Chad/Stephenie (9)- meh
9. Jill/Thomas (10)-still don't like em he is awful

Philiminated: Andie/Jenna(7)-not surprised by their early exit lets hope they get to know each other better in LL

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-05-10, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
I feel more comfortable with these teams now.

#1 Brook/Claire
#2 Nat/Kat
#3 Michael/Kevin
#4 Connor/Jonathan
#5 Nick/Vicki
#6 Katie/Rachel
#7 Gary/Mallory
#8 Jill/Thomas
#9 Chad/Stephanie

Philiminated: Andie/Jenna

louislam 454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-10-10, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.2"
1. Brook/Claire (1) - Star of the show!
2. Connor/Jonathan (3)
3. Nat/Kat (2)
4. Gary/Mallory (4)
5. Michael/Kevin (7)
6. Jill/Thomas (5)
7. Katie/Rachel (10)
8. Chad/Stephenie (9)
9. Nick/Vicki (8)
Philiminated - Andie/Jenna (6) - Bad luck...

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-10, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Results!"
Lvoe List Week Two Results

Brook & Claire move up to the first place spot, just edging out last weeks favorite Nat & Kat. Third place goes to Michael & Kevin who made a nice move up from sixth place last week. Other upwardly mobile teams were Katie & Rachel and Nick & Vicki.

A familiar team on the bottom of the list as Chad & Stephanie take last place again, although with fewer last place votes than last week. Jill & Thomas and Gary & Mallory lost some lvoe with our list participants.

­]
Rank
Team
First Place Votes
Last Place Votes
AverageRank
Direction
Brook & Claire
Nat & Kat
Michael & Kevin
Connor & Jonathan
Katie & Rachel
Nick & Vicki
Gary & Mallory
Jill & Thomas
Chad & Stephanie

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •