The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-10, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
Welcome back to another season of TAR!

This week, teams had to fly to the country of London, then find the stone hedge. Next up, they had to storm the souwest castle, race in a half shell, then fling watermelons. I am not making this up!

At the end of it all, Jill and Thomas hit the mat first and won an express pass, which allows them to skip any task up until the 8th leg... and Ron and Tony were Philiminated.

On to the list!

1. Brook/Claire = wacked watermelon woman
2. Nat/Kat = lady doctors
3. Connor/Jonathan = geeky glee guys
4. Gary/Mallory = father/daughter w/ flat tire
5. Jill/Thomas = eye roll please
6. Michael/Kevin = father/son
7. Nick/Vicki = tattooed twosome
8. Andie/Jenna = mother/daughter w/ clutch problems
9. Katie/Rachel = volleyball ladies
10. Chad/Stephenie = wandering couple who can't find a pitstop
Philiminated: Ron/Tony

...and hopefully, my fabulous stat keeper, kidflash, will come along and tally this up.

I hate the first week as I do not have a good feel for the teams yet.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 kidflash212 09-27-10 1
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 ARnutz 09-27-10 2
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 Estee 09-27-10 4
       RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 samboohoo 09-27-10 10
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 Starshine 09-27-10 5
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 Estee 09-27-10 3
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 Max Headroom 09-27-10 6
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 redbaronii 09-27-10 7
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 featherfish81 09-27-10 8
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 Joools 09-27-10 9
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 samboohoo 09-27-10 11
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 Starshine 09-27-10 12
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 TARFAN76 09-27-10 13
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 Snidget 09-27-10 14
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 Belle Book 09-27-10 15
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 MaryKat 09-27-10 16
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 PsychoKitty 09-27-10 17
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 taffnic 09-27-10 18
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 emydi 09-28-10 19
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 Colonel Zoidberg 09-28-10 20
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 beau_30 09-28-10 21
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 KwietOne 09-28-10 22
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 louislam 10-03-10 23
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1 kidflash212 10-03-10 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-27-10, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
Yea! The Lvoe List is back.

1)Jill & Thomas - Since I don't know them well yet, I'll put them here for winning the leg. Thomas was polite to everyone they met, saying please and thank you and no drama so far. Just hope they don't turn out to be as dull as Meghan & Shayne.

2)Nat & Kat - Possibly a strong team who may go far.

3)Nick & Vicki - We'll need to invent a new word to describe how dumb Vicki is but they don't seem mean or bigoted like last seasons version of stupid. Good for some comedy along the Race. Possible Dandrew team?

4)Michael & Kevin - Decent guys with no racing skill. Unless they get the advantage of a leg in China early on will not last long.

5)Andie & Jenna - Biological mother and daughter who have never met before the race. Huh? The exploitation of this bothers me a bit but both members of this team seem pretty unemotional about it so far. Don't think they have a prayer of lasting long anyway.

6)Chad & Stephanie - I'll put them further down the list when the inevitable blow up happens.

7)Brooke & Claire - Other than the watermelon didn't get much from this team.

8)Connor & Jonathan - The singing got on my nerves already and they couldn't find their way to an airport in the USA. Annoying team with no skill.

9)Gary & Mallory - For the love of God, SHUT UP! Mallory's squealing all the way through the leg was like fingernails scraping across a chalkboard.

10)Katie & Rachel - Mean Girl team. Giving other teams insulting nicknames like Tinkerbell, Nerds and Team Glee. Get over yourselves. Quickly.

Philiminated - Ron & Tony. Maybe Starshine can enlighten me but how did they get so lost? It should be fairly easy to get directions to Stonehenge. Everyone has heard of it (except Vicki), it would be like asking someone in New York for directions to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building.

I'll get on the stats ASAP

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-10, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
Yay! Welcome back!

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-10, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
Possible Dandrew team

There's only one way to be sure.

Hey, Samboohoo! Feeling any urges towards Vicki?

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-10, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
Yes, I feel the urge to put them at the end of my list. I wasn't wild about them.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-27-10, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
Lvoe list later.

Well everyone has heard of Stonehenge, but it isn't that close to London, about 70 miles. I would have suggested the M3 as well, however that would only get them so far. map

Have to admit that there are a lot of castles around as well, so I would have had no clue about Eastnor castle.

sorry about the map, click confirm next to Heathrow, and route map on the next screen

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-10, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-10 AT 10:09 AM (EST)

1. Nat & Kat. Stable, coordinated, and the team that worries me more than any other. Somewhere on the planet, there's a customs official stupid or bigoted enough to confiscate an insulin pump. All we can do is hope that idiot's not anywhere along the course. Given the amount of idiocy we've already seen, I don't have much hope.

2. Michael & Kevin. So who else is curious to check out their videos? I don't think they'll go that far, but they'll do it with some degree of style -- and for once, having a team with a pre-existing fanbase should affect absolutely nothing. Potential charmers if they get more camera time.

3. Gary & Mallory. Might just be the most 'Oh, what the hell' tomboy pageant contestant we've ever had, and getting her father as her partner should do a lot to keep her on an even keel. I haven't heard a whisper of entitlement issues yet and if that keeps up, it'll be a series first. Here's hoping...

4. Jill & Thomas. Should come with an Official TAR Generic Label pasted across their foreheads. Decent enough, but we're going to get them confused with a half-dozen other couples across multiple seasons before they're done -- unless they do something truly outstanding. Or stupid. Or outstandingly stupid. And that last? Is already taken.

5. Connor & Jonathan. There's a real friendship vibe here, and claiming this is the last chance to be kids didn't hurt their placement. (The near-failure to get out of Boston did.) Picked up a few points just by having Katie & Rachel not like them. Need to be reminded that they're not auditioning for Simon. Simon doesn't live here any more.

6. Brooke & Claire. Since 'home shopping network hosts' are as close as we generally get to saying 'con artists who live off the innocence and misery of others', the only way they're getting a #1 ranking from me is if they simul-take a watermelon to the face each, have it perma-glued there, and then have to go back on television to sell their new produce facials. (Sadly, people would buy it.)

7. Andie & Jenna. This pairing bothers me. I would have no objection to a recently-reunited mother and daughter running the course together and working out their relationship in the process. But from some of what they said in the premiere, they may have only met each other because of the show. Having your first memory of each other's voice being the filling out of the application form -- over the phone -- screams 'stunt casting', and that's before it moves on to darker things. The only pre-existing relationship is genetic. They're strangers forced into a team -- and it's not going to be enough.

8. Katie & Rachel. Oh, look: female full-of-themselves mean jocks who rate everyone they meet based on how much athletic skill each of them has -- and nothing else. Well, we all knew those came in XX combinations, and now we've got them captured on film, where they will be very happy to stay because their brilliant sixth-grade nicknames need to be captured for prosperity. Not that they care, because prosperity can't spike a ball. I think I'll call you 'the sand fleas'. Anyone got the Raid?

9. Nick & Vicki. There is innocently naive, there is woefully uneducated, and then there is Vicki, who hails from the Land Of Happily Stupid, which has both direct flights to the Country Of London and 24/7 Faux News coverage. She's had her brain tattooed: it wasn't good for anything else. Oh no, someone's coming after her! Maybe she'd better hide in that stone hedge! By the end of her personal race, there's a good chance we'll want to tie her to the siege ladder. And if we told her it was a final task for the million set to last two weeks, she just might lash herself on. (Someone may have to explain 'lash'.)

10. Chad & Stephenie. He's named Chad? Let's hang him.

Out: Ron & Tony. From first to worst in one leg -- plus your reason for being here was used last season. Sorry, guys: you probably would have been a fun team to watch, but the egos crowded you out -- after your own navigation did you in.

This is going to hurt, isn't it?

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-10, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
Let me start off my list by saying, "That was a fun episode."

Even when extended to 90 minutes, the first episode is always a blur of teams, faces, and names, plus there's a race going on too. As a result, my opening list comes with the standard disclaimer that all conclusions are based on a very small data set.

Like:
1. Nat/Kat - Liked their attitudes and positive interaction, and being doctors, they should thrive on the stress and lack of sleep inherent in the race. Should be fun to watch.
2. Michael/Kevin - Though they'll be gone before long, I liked watching them. More than most teams, they seemed to be enjoying themselves, always a good thing.
3. Gary/Mallory - Hmm, I thought beauty pageant winners had to be at least 5' tall? Being "the son Gary never had," Mallory didn't seem prissy at all, making this team a pleasant surprise.
4. Nick/Vicki - Though completely and thoroughly clueless, I found their innocence to be charming. They won't be around much longer, but I'll be rooting for them until they go.

Meh:
5. Jill/Thomas - Another generic dating couple, but kudos to them for running a strong opening leg. Wonder if the express pass will let them bypass an "hours of operation" task?
6. Brook/Claire - I suspect I'll be hating these two before long, but I've gotta give it up to Claire for finishing the leg without being able to feel her face.
7. Katie/Rachel - Got the villain edit, but I can see them being competitive and snarky as part of their personas as professional athletes. With that said, I give them an outside chance of not being annoying, and I think they'll be around for a while.
8. Andie/Jenna - I expect more than a few awkward moments during the next one or two legs before they get Philiminated due to general incompetence. But looking at them, there's absolutely no doubt they're mother and daughter.

Don't like:
9. Chad/Stephanie - Team Meathead and Lunkhead took a decent leg and threw it away at the end, plus I didn't like their dynamics. TAR always has bickering couples, so I'm used to it, but I don't have to like it.
10. Connor/Jonathan - Sorry, I'm not feeling it for the geeks. The antithesis of the alpha-male team, they're probably hoping to score the phone numbers of the volleyball players, except everyone knows that jocks don't date geeks.

Philiminated: Ron/Tony - We barely knew them, but multiple huge navigational errors will do a team in every time. Seemed like decent guys, though.

redbaronii 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-27-10, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbaronii Click to send private message to redbaronii Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
After skipping last season, finally back to watch the show!

Now the list:

1. Nat/Kat - They look strong in this leg, work well under pressure
2. Gary/Mallory - Not much camera time but support them anyway
3. Michael/Kevin - Good for enjoying it and having fun, bad for not having any camera time, worst for they will probably get philiminated in a short time. I just wish they can stay longer so I can cheer for the "typical" Chinese American living in Sugar Land (yes, I'm from there)
4. Nick/Vicki - Just bicause she is dubm. However, their dumbness is actually fun to watch
5. Brook/Claire - Outside of the watermelon pwnage, not much from them at all
6. Connor/Jonathan - The singing is not annoying, the wimpiness does not bother me much, I have no idea why I put them at this place actually but I am just not fond of them
7. Andie/Jenna - Could be special or bust in their "not knowing each other at all" relationship, but now it is just all "awkward".
8. Jill/Thomas - Can I say "generic"? They finish first but they just sounds boring
9. Katie/Rachel - "Mean Girls"
10. Chad/Stephenie - Hot head is fun to watch, better than boring couples actually. However, finishing at 10th after all this does not win much points.

Philiminated: Ron/Tony - You know, a compass does not really help when you are in a traffic circle. Could be fun team to watch but oh well

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-27-10, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
The usual caveats apply - I'm still trying to figure out who all of the teams are, but these are first impressions.

1. Jill/Thomas - Good racers. No strong vibe from them either way yet.
2. Nat/Kat - They seem smart and determined, and are doing well so far.
3. Connor/Jonathan - I tend to like the geeks. But now that one of the other racers said it, I can't stop thinking Harry Potter when I look at them.
4. Brook/Claire - Good job persevering through the watermelon, but right now are blending in with Katie/Rachel.
5. Katie/Rachel - Still confusing them with Brooke/Clair, so right now I have to rank them together.
6. Gary/Mallory - The voice is a little annoying but she seems competitive enough.
7. Andie/Jenna - They seem pretty nice, too, and got along well. I wonder, though, since they don't seem to know each other well, if we won't see the blowups between them that we might see from other teams. They don't have the familiarity that breeds battles, if that makes sense.
8. Michael/Kevin - Something about this team bothers me, but I'm not sure I can put a finger on it. The son seems nice enough, but it's almost like we're supposed to be laughing at the dad because his English isn't very good. Maybe I'm the only one getting that vibe.
9. Nick/Vicki - Laughing about your own ignorance has never sat well with me. I can actually get over not recognizing the boats, especially if they were all upside down, but never having heard of Stonehenge?
10. Chad/Stephanie - This appears to be the bickering couple, where he is always right and she tags along. Unfortunately, they will probably last a long time

Philiminated: Ron/Tony - Roundabouts don't have to be marked on the map, they're just another way of handling an intersection of two roads. They can be confusing at first, but not as confusing as you apparently found them to be. They seemed like they would have been a fun team to watch, though.

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-27-10, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-10 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

So excited about a new season of TAR and a new lvoe list!!

1. Nat & Kat - What's not to love about two strong, intelligent women who (hopefully) are above flirting to get ahead? The rhyming names are a bit too precious but I can deal with that.

2. Connor & Jonathan (Team Gleek) - I really liked their pre-race interview and they were smiling even when they were lost. They seem like really nice guys. The one with glasses reminds me of the kid from Real Genius.

3. Gary & Mallory (Team Scream Queen) - She might be the first pretty blonde/pageant girl racer that doesn't get on my last nerve. She needs to take it down a couple of notches with the squealing and shrieking every five minutes, though.

4. Jill & Thomas - They get points for winning the first leg and the Express Pass but, like others have said, they're just this season's boring, generic couple, even down to their opening credits montage where she jumps on his back.

5. Michael & Kevin (Team YouTube) - I can see Dad's age being a pretty big detriment in the near future, but they're likeable and I hope they stick around a while.

6. Andie & Jenna - I'm not sure that the stresses of being on a reality show AND a race around the world are the best things for a fledgling relationship, but I like them and hope they learn to work well together.

7. Brook & Claire - As soon as they said they would be able to manipulate people because they sell cr@p on TV, I pretty much disliked them intensely. Still, major props to Claire(?) for taking the watermelon to the face but not quitting.

8. Nick & Vicki - I can understand never having been to Stonehenge but to have never even heard of it? Based on the first leg, they're walking a fine line between sweetly stupid and confoundingly dense.

9. Katie & Rachel (Team Which is Which?) - I can pretty much guarantee that until the moment they leave the race I'm not going to be able to tell them apart. They look like they're in really good shape so they'll probably do well with any physical challenges and be around a while.

10. Chad & Stephanie - Bleah! I don't like him at all but with any luck he'll look back on this leg and adjust his attitude accordingly. They went down two places in the finish order due to their wandering and while that may be okay early on it could be the kiss of death a few legs from now.

Philiminated: Ron & Tony - Awww, I liked them and they started out so strong. Maybe it's for the best, though, since who knows how lost they would have gotten in a country where English wasn't the primary language.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-10, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
It's still early.

1. Nat/Kat
2. Connor/Jonathan: The singing hasn't bothered me yet.
3. Jill/Thomas: This might be the highest they get all year. Something off about them.
4. Brook/Claire
5. Kevin/Michael
6. Gary/Mallory: She's a little loud
7. Chad/Stephanie
8. Katie/Rachel
9. Andie/Jenna
10. Nick/Vicki

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-27-10, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
1. Nat/Kat - Was all prepared not to like them, but they don't seem to be prima donnas and they race well. Although Nats' teeth still creep me out.
2. Andie/Jenna - Things may get awkward later but at the moment they are learning about each other and running the race quite well (driving excepted)
3. Katie/Rachel - Blonde, fit and funny, what's not to like?
4. Gary/Mallory - A father/daughter team that I like! Hoping to see a lot more of them in the race.
5. Jill/Thomas - Blah, and expecting arguments soon. He has done very well for himself though.
6. Brook/Claire - The voice is very wearing, but kudos for carrying on after the watermelon incident. Oh and "I can't feel my face" was the funniest line of the show.
7. Connor/Jonathan - Your schtick has got tiring very fast. I quite liked you when you were called Gary and Dave, bored now.
8. Chad/Stephanie - All muscle, no brain, and we can no doubt look forward to bickering as well.
9. Kevin/Michael - Can you patronise your Father any more? Don't understand why watching an old man humiliate himself is "entertainment".
10. Nick/Vicki - If you learn to navigate you may turn lvoeable, at the moment no.

Out - Ron/Tony - I said their names didn't matter, I was correct. It looked like they might have been a pleasant team to have around

TARFAN76 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-27-10, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARFAN76 Click to send private message to TARFAN76 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
What a happy night it is when The Amazing Race rolls back into town. I was glued, as always. One more thing to love about fall. Here's my list:
1. Connor/Jonathan - I was fully prepared to dislike them. Their bios were over-the-top silly. I was amused by some comments and had to roll my eyes at others. I could do without all the singing. But what I do love and which I saw from these guys twice last night: actually caring about their fellow racers. They lingered twice to try to help or at least show support for racers facing a challenge. They did not stick around forever --which would have been foolish anyway --but it showed sportsmanship. I hope they last.
2. Nat/Kat. I agree with the person who mentioned the rhyming names sounding "precious" but I like them so far. They do seem smart and strong.
3. Jill/Thomas. I did not like the comments up front that implied he thinks people with college degrees are somehow superior to those without but I didn't see any such attitude shining through YET. It's still early.
4. Gary - minus Miss Kentucky. He was very likable. His daughter lost points when she put her arms around the dads and made that condescening statement about nobody expecting much from the old guys or some such observation.
5. Andie/Jenna - I don't like it if they were recruited to be the bearded woman of the circus and share their budding relationship with the world. Yes, they do seem uncomfortable together and that's not fun to watch. When the mother was burning up the engine, the daughter was kind of hiding her face in the back seat. Clearly, she didn't know how to react. A real family team would not have sat there silently. I guess that's what they're after. Nice people, though.
6. Michael/Kevin - seem likable so far. I never heard of this "fan base" so I don't know what that's all about. Researching it will make me like them more or less, I'm sure.
7. Nick/Vicki - Being humble is better than being arrogant. Being able to see a flag in front of your face might help, though.
8. Brook/Claire - they seem rather arrogant.
9. Katie/Rachel - they seem rather arrogant and the nicknames for other less beautiful teams were a little too soon.
10. Chad/Stephanie - he seems too mean already
11. Dearly departed - That was amazing and crazy to go from first place to last place in one episode. Ouch.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-10, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-10 AT 04:09 PM (EST)

Like:

1. Nat/Kat. Hope the insulin does not become an issue, but they seem to understand the management issues and that they do a lot of team work in real life may really be an asset.

2. Connor/Jonathan. Team Gleek. Seem like they may be athletic enough to get beyond some of the other Geek Team issues. So far they amuse me and can stay in the like column.

3. Michael/Kevin. Team Asian Geeks. On the other hand they lack all athletic ability to the point they amuse me. At least they seem to have a good sense of humor about themselves. While that won't help them on any leg, that will help them be fun to watch.

4. Katie/Rachel. Really haven't annoyed me, yet, athletic enough they may be able to keep up with the boys.

Not much opinion, yet.

5. Jill/Thomas: Wone the leg so you get the top of this section of the list

6. Brooke/Claire: Thanks for the comic relief this episode, but I think you might annoy me sooner than later.

7. Gary/Mallory: Not sure how much I'll continue to like him and if that will be enough to overcome her (hopefully I'll come to like her, but pageant girls usually end up annoying me sooner rather than later)

Don't like/deeply concerned.

8. Andie/Jenna: Glad you found each other. Hope the honeymoon period lasts longer than you do in the race. Everyone loves the reunited and it feels so good part of the birth mother/adopted kid story. I hope you two work out, but I've seen too much fall out in those relationships and it can be devastating, and I really don't want to see it on TV, I've seen enough of it in real life.

9. Nick/Vicki: Really? Do we need another cast for their stupidity team? It isn't amusing, it isn't funny, it is sad, please stop casting a team for the look how stupid people can be role.

10. Chad/Stephanie: Whirlwind romance team. Sure, it feels so good while you are up in the air swirling around, almost like you can fly. Hopefully when the debris starts whacking into you and the slamming to the ground stuff happens it will be after the show and not bad enough to cause police reports.

ETA: Ron/Tony. First part of the episode I was thinking how they really defied the expectations of people as they seem the most likely to be pegged as the first boot. And then it all fell apart so fast.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-10, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
Here are my rankings:

1. Nat & Kat -- my favorite team from day one had a great leg -- other than not getting the Express Pass, that is. But I still like them, and I wish Nat the best with her Type 1 diabetes.

2. Brook & Claire -- ouch! I'm glad Claire's doing fine. I'm putting them this high because of Claire's overcoming the hit.

3. Connor & Jonathan -- at least Team Glee stayed with Gary & Mallory until they learned they couldn't help. I like them too.

Gap --

4. Gary & Mallory -- like this team as well. Glad to see that they recovered from their tire problem.

5. Jill & Thomas -- I'm glad they did well this leg, but I am worried about how they'll do when they're not doing that well. At least they can use the Express Pass.

6. Michael & Kevin -- I like them but not as much as the teams I put ahead of them.

7. Katie & Rachel -- I had no problems with them unlike some people here. Still, not my favorite team.

8. Andie & Jenna -- I'm worried about them since they haven't known each other that long.

9. Nick & Vicki -- you guys are idiots! At least you know it, Vicki -- unlike some teams in earlier races!

10. Chad & Stephanie -- and you're not just idiots but you're also a bickering team. Go away!

Gonzo -- Ron & Tony. I wonder how come you did so well in the U.S. and so badly navigating in England.

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-27-10, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
I can never put a lvoe list together after the 1st episode. So far my favorite team is Nat and Kat, the doctors. I really liked Ron and Tony and am very sorry they were eleminated.

My least favorite racer is Chad. My least favorite team is Nick and Vicki. Should they require an IQ test for the contestants?

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-27-10, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
Oh what joy to have the Race back on! What a great ep. too!!!

Hmm, the list - hard to choose who I really LIKE but here's the first impressions:

1. Nat & Kat - I thought I wouldn't like them - that they would seem entitled, especially from their introduction. But they worked hard, listened and did well - very impressive! And kudos to not having a flirting strategy! Kind of freaked me out when she pricked herself WHILE actively driving. How's that compare to cell phone use? Anyhoo - 2 good partners, in shape, who will definitely look out for each other - quite a threat!

2. Connor & Jonathan - Nice guys - the singing got old IMMEDIATELY. But they did better than I thought they would and they seem to care about others and be able to run and follow directions - so maybe they will do well

3. Jill & Thomas - Good job in the first leg! Kudos. But aren't they the ones where he said "it's my way or the highway!" and he always knows best? I kept waiting for the ugly attitude to show up. . .

4. Gary & Mallory - Team Hyper! She just kept screeching the whole time - very wearing! But seems to have a "go get 'em" attitude and not a priss at all. And not nasty and entitled like Caite! So, hoping she quiets down a bit, and think we might end up liking her. He's great and mellow.

5. Michael & Kevin - I agree with other's comments how we are supposed to laugh at Kevin's dad because of his accent. The man is probably a millionaire and early Dell hire. But the moments with Kevin encouraging him in the shell boat were very sweet.

6. Andie & Jenna - Such a bizarre set up. It IS really disturbing that they've never really met before. Couldn't they afford a plane ticket and squeeze in a visit? The resemblance is amazing and they both seem nice, but the daughter was being so good at not saying anything when the car died and other times they were doing poorly. Very odd and strained situation. Hopefully they will do okay emotionally.

7. Katie & Rachel - We'll see what happens here. Yes, they've come up with petty nicknames, but they are athletic so they may be around a long time. Seem relatively smart too - even though they don't have a perfect attitude.

8. Nick & Vicki - AMAZINGLY STUPID! I was just astounded! Do seem to have good hearts, but why were they cast? I was just rolling my eyes when they kept running past the flags. Good for the actors not to tell them where they were!

9. Brook & Claire - Claire has got balls - I have to give her that. Brooke's voice could cut glass - she drove me nuts. Where have I heard her before I wonder . . . ? Hope they go away soon - hate the attitude. But they might last a while!

10. Chad & Stephanie - Wow! What a douchebag! And he's going to ask her to marry him? Run Stephanie Run! That's all I could think of every time they were on the screen. He's like a grown up little baby! I'd think she could do better!

Philiminated: Ron & Tony - what a shame! They seemed like really nice guys and I think we would have enjoyed watching them race. Gave the ep some of the best lines too!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-10, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
1. Nat/Kat
2. Jill/Thomas
3. Connor/Jonathan
4. Michael/Kevin
5. Brook/Claire
6. Nick/Vicki
7. Gary/Mallory
8. Andie/Jenna
9. Chad/Stephanie
10.Katie/Rachel

courtesy of Cap'n2patch

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-10, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
I haven't read anyone's yet

1. Nat/Kat = I like the doctors. I thought my blood sugar was high 337! I hope that doesn't slow them down
2. Brook/Claire = I did not like them until the watermelon incident. Claire was really whacked wiht that melon! Then in a conf. they laughed about it. They're ok for now.
3. Connor/Jonathan = I like these guys and their song Amazing Race. They may get lost though. Nerds are the new cool.
4. Michael/Kevin = I like this team, esp. the father..he's a hoot. I liked them in the tortoise shell...what a nice son
5. Gary/Mallory = Ok, she may get on my nerves in about a minute but they have a great attitude
6. Katie/Rachel = meh, try bringing pants that don't fall down...I didn't like how they dissed the "nerds"
7. Andie/Jenna = Who thinks running TAR after knowing each other for 30 seconds is a good idea? I'm waiting for Jenna to scream "You're not my real mother, I hate you"
8. Nick/Vicki = I liked these two but they are not the sharpest needles at the tattoo parlor are they...they'll last about 1 or 2 more legs
9. Chad/Stephenie = meh, they'll be the fighting couple, always have to have one or two on TAR
10. Jill/Thomas = meh, she has tude I don't like him..he's the Notre Dame guy pah lease he's a tool

and both Stephenie and Jill are hair stylists...I can't keep these two bottom teams straight...I hate them both

Philiminated: Ron/Tony--I wish they had lasted I liked them. Went from First to Last too bad.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-10, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
1. Team Pageant 3.0 - Best pageant team since...umm, the one before last. Wearing the same color, too.
2. Team Bikini - Entertainment value, yes. Strong team? Look for a slow death.
3. Team Gleeks - Possible entertainment value. Lose points because I don't want to see them in bikinis.
4. Team Fatherson - If it's possible to out-geek the Gleeks, they managed it. Their general incompetence is largely indicative of the most incompetent cast since...umm, this season of Hell's Kitchen.
5. Team LadyDocs - Tough, physical, and shuts up every nwo and then. Short, easy, rhyming names are a bonus.
6. Team HSN - Don't like them because they're a little too...umm, girl-powerish "we-can-manipulate-people" overconfident. Respect them because the watermelon-to-the-face would floor most people.
7. Team Forrest Gump - So named because they embody the following phrase: "Stupid is as stupid does." The entertainment value lasts only as long as we can enjoy laughing at people's stupidity. That was the 0:49 or so point of this episode.
8. Team Leprechaun - Huh, huh, I went to Notre Dame. And my girlfriend didn't graduate college. I'm smart. She's dumb. And to prove how smart I am, I'll probably waste the Express Pass later on a task that would require me to eat a chicken sandwich.
9. Team Clutch Choke - Yes, they're a birth mother and daughter. I don't care. I. Just. Do. Not. Care.
10. Team A-Hole - I think I'll revert to using the word "Chad" as a pejorative. As in, "Don't be such a Chad."

OUT: Ron and Li'l Shaq - Shame, shame, shame. My Christmas gift to these people - a GPS.

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-28-10, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
1. Brook/Claire
2. Nat/Kat
3. Connor/Jonathan
4. Gary/Mallory
5. Katie/Rachel
6. Jill/Thomas
7. Michael/Kevin
8. Nick/Vicki
9. Andie/Jenna
10. Chad/Stephenie

That sums up my favs.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-28-10, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
So far...

LIKE:
1. Brook/Claire - Ha...suck it up, this is the Amazing Race!
2. Nat/Kat
3. Nick/Vicki - amazingly dumb and fun to watch

MEH (can't form an opinion yet):
4. Gary/Mallory
5. Katie/Rachel
6. Jill/Thomas
7. Michael/Kevin
8. Andie/Jenna

DISLIKE:
9. Connor/Jonathan - Harry Potter - the musical!
10. Chad/Stephenie - Ha...can't even find the pitstop.

louislam 454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-03-10, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"
1. Brook/Claire - Enjoying the game and nice to each other, overcoming the watermelon attack is a plus
2. Nat/Kat - Same as above and they seem more competent and less noisy
3. Connor/Jonathan - They look nice and not a boring alpha male team
4. Gary/Mallory - Energetic but Mallory needs to control her scream...
5. Jill/Thomas - A typical young couple team
6. Andie/Jenna - I think they prefer taking holiday instead of racing, won't last long in the game, but they are nice to each other
7. Michael/Kevin - Not seeing much about them this leg
8. Nick/Vicki - Their stupidity is entertaining, but I don't want to see it every episode. They seem nice though and understand their weakness
9. Chad/Stephenie - Their clueless and wandering the whole castle and losing places make me laugh! Probably our villain team this season
10. Katie/Rachel - Seems like the producers do not want us to love this team...
Philiminated - Ron/Tony - Sorry to see them fall from first to last, but navigation is a big factor in this game and they cannot blame anything but themselves

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-10, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 17.1"

Lvoe List Week One Results

The Amazing Race

Nineteen Lists in the first week - not a bad showing. The results show a clear favorite and a clear loser with all the other teams just sort of making up the middle. Nat & Kat with 11 first place votes take the title of most lvoed team while Chad & Stephanie with 12 last place votes are the least lvoed.

­]]

RankTeamFirst Place VotesLast Place Votes
AverageRank
Nat & Kat
Connor & Jonathan
Gary & Mallory
Brook & Claire
Jill & Thomas
Michael & Kevin
Andie & Jenna
Katie & Rachel
Nick & Vicki
Chad & Stephanie

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •