The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-10, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"

Double Trouble!

On this episode, teams left Singapore destined for Shanghai, China. Once in Shanghai, they were faced with their first roadblock, make 1kg of noodles by hand. Once they are done, they receive their next clue from He PingPing - the world's shortest man.

Next, the teams had to go to the fashion house where they chose a model, shopped around to get the proper pieces of an outfit, then she would model it for them. If the outfit pieces were the ones which matched a picture, they received their next clue.

Then, in a first for TAR, teams had to complete another roadblock, which must be done by the team member who did not do the first one. Here they had to assemble a puzzle on a stadium floor, give the pieces to spectators to flip over and see if it is assembled properly to get a section, row and seat number to find their next clue, if so they were off to the pit stop, the science museum.

Be sure to check out last week's rankings by kidflash, so so you can see how your favorite team stacks up.

On to the list!!!

Rank. Names (last week's rank) -

1. Jet and Cord (2) - Back in first because they rocked this leg and they make me laugh.

2. Dan and Jordan (1) - They could be in first except for Jordan's whining at the noodle task. I like them well enough.

{BIG GAP}

3. Louie and Michael (3) - The keystone cops can't find a task when it's right in front of them.

4. Caite and Brent (4) - I will hate them forever.

OK, now it's your turn.

I've been 2 Patched!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 Max Headroom 04-26-10 1
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 samboohoo 04-26-10 3
       RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 cahaya 05-02-10 22
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 MaryKat 04-26-10 2
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 Zimbochick 04-26-10 4
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 Seana 04-26-10 5
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 emydi 04-26-10 6
 Here ya go moonbaby 04-26-10 7
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 kidflash212 04-26-10 8
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 mikey 04-26-10 9
       RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 milkachulina 04-28-10 18
   The Word Tranquil samboohoo 04-26-10 11
       RE: The Word Tranquil kidflash212 04-26-10 12
           RE: The Word Tranquil samboohoo 04-26-10 13
               RE: The Word Tranquil PsychoKitty 04-29-10 19
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 TARFAN76 04-26-10 10
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 featherfish81 04-26-10 14
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 Belle Book 04-26-10 15
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 HistoryDetective 04-27-10 16
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 LibraRising 04-27-10 17
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 warp_core breach 04-30-10 20
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 beau_30 05-01-10 21
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 kidflash212 05-02-10 23
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10 louislam 05-02-10 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-10, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
No changes in my list this week.

Like:
1. Jet and Cord (1) - Another strong leg and some entertaining comments-- what's not to like? If they were more consistent racers, they'd be shoo-ins to win.

Meh:
2. Dan and Jordan (2) - Their edit has gotten much better since the beginning of the race, to the point where I almost like them. Wouldn't be horribly disappointed if they won it all.

Don't like:
3. Caite and Brent (3) - Now that their nemesis team is gone, they're trying to redeem themselves by being nice to everyone else. It's not happening, though-- they're too far in the hole from past bad behavior.
4. Louie and Michael (4) - Bunch points have repeatedly exposed their mediocrity, and I'm not a fan of their oversized egos either.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-10, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
Ditto.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-10, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
Double ditto.

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-26-10, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
1. Jet and Cord
2. Dan and Jordan
3 Caite and Brent
4. Louie and Michael I will hate them forever.

Zimbochick 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-26-10, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Zimbochick Click to send private message to Zimbochick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
1. Jet and Cord - great racers. Cool, calm, collected, and funny.
2. Dan and Jordan - not looking too good next week, but taxi's can really mess things up.
3. Louie and Michael - arrogant, obnoxious, and stoopid.
4. Caite and Brent - MAKE.THEM.GO.AWAY....PLEASE!

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-10, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-10 AT 11:25 AM (EST)

1. Jet and Cord - Yes, they've been a bit inconsistent, but they're back on their game. I do kinda wish Cord had spent a moment thinking before making fun of Jet's use of the word "tranquil".

2. Dan and Jordan: Sort of by default. I have grown to like them a bit better over the last couple legs. They are working well together and are polite enough, but they did take part in that rather disgusting session in the airport McDonald's while Caite was bragging about U-Turning Carol and Brandy.

3. Louie and Mike: Not particularly intelligent and unpleasant tactics. Pfft.

4. Brent and Caite: I'm still not certain if she is truly prejudiced or if she just can't get over one insult in the first leg that she heard secondhand from someone else. I hate the way she speaks in that annoying drawl. And he's just plain stupid. If they win, I will just cry.

ETA: Even if it's just that she just can't get over the tiara comment, she's using "lesbian" as an insult, which is much worse.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-10, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-10 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

1. Dan and Jordan (2)(6)(3)(3)(1)(2)(1)(3)(1)- Jordan's whining was not as bad...I liked how Dan helped him and bros saying they love each other like that is nice. Is their edit changing to running it this long is good enough?

2. Jet and Cord (4)(2)(1)(5)(3)(3)(4)(1)(2)- did we know all this personal stuff about them before this week? I don't remember knowing all this...I think they are our winners..also Jordan's comment about failing to Uturn them could come back to haunt the rest of the teams...duh? nice move Caite

3. Louie and Michael (7)(7)(6)(4)(2)(1)(2)(4)(3)-meh they are just ego-maniacal boobs don't like them. How far back are they...heh it won't matter they'll have a bunch pt next week...

4. Caite and Brent (9)(8)(7)(6)(6)(6)(6)(5)(4)- they are just awful esp. Caite nice condescending attitude to He PingPing...I bet if she could she would have used him as a fashion accessory like a toy dog...so sad that he died. Could he even talk?

I'm not sure how I feel about TAR using He PingPing this way??

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-10, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Here ya go"
the post of doom:

I ♥ me some cowboys.

I do NOT heart Haite and Vent.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-26-10, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
1)Dan & Jordan - They seem to be receiving the best edit, supportive of each other, no ego trips, no fighting between themselves or other teams.

2)Jet & Cord - Still likable but the country bumpkin thing is wearing a little thin with me. The word tranquil should be within the vocabulary of an average adult American male.

3)Michael & Louie - Yecch. Arrogant to the nth degree with nothing to be arrogant about. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no bunching next leg and the speed bump will be to translate and perform the musical La Cage Aux Folles in Mandarin. If they can even find the theatre.

4)Brent & Caite - Double yecch. Apologies don't seem very convincing when you are laughing and smiling as you speak. I have the feeling her suddenly referring to Carol & Brandy by name instead of as The Lesbians was the result of some coaching from behind the scenes.

Philiminated: My hope that I had seen the last of the wrong way detectives.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-26-10, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
1. Caite & Brent - looks like I'm the only one that likes them. If they are eliminated, the finals will be quite the sausage fest.
2. Cowboys -- is there nothing they aren't good at?
3. Louie & Michael -- Okay, I'll give them that the fashion shouldn't have been their forte, but shouldn't detectives be able to solve a puzzle? Isn't that what detectives do - put the pieces together?
4. Dan & Jordan -- Crying over the pasta challenge? That was a bit over the top.

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-28-10, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
You are not the only one that likes Caite & Brent. I also like this team; mostly Caite. While many people feel that she is prejudiced toward lesbians, I am dismayed that some fans can’t seem to put 2+2 together to conclude that it is the cowboys who would be much more homophobic. It seems that anything that isn’t “southern/home on the ranch/good ol’ boy/traditional” is considered unnatural to the cowboys and they shun it. I was concerned with the things they said during the fashion challenge. And, I found the discussion over the usage of the word TRANQUIL to be very odd. If a straight cowboy can’t use the word tranquil without being ostracized, then the mere existence of lesbians has got to be problematic.

I found the love/hug fest between the brothers during the pasta challenge to be a little disturbing. Perhaps they were acting for the camera, but the scene made me a little uncomfortable. I don’t know many (read: ANY) brothers who act like that. It was too much. We have seen far more difficult challenges than this one. I got the impression from that scene that Dan enables Jordan. Furthermore, Jordan helped support the false stereotype that gay men are emotionally weak and will experience a soap-opera styled meltdown during any minor occurrence. I’m not saying that he is not allowed to cry, as that moment could have been the culmination of an entire series of events. But, c’mon Jordan!

04-26-10, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "The Word Tranquil"
Did you feel like Cord really didn't know what it meant? At first I thought that too, but then he asked about "tranquility," so I got the impression it wasn't so much he didn't know the word, but more that he was surprised that Jet used the word.

04-26-10, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Word Tranquil"
My impression was that while he had heard the word tranquility before he hadn't heard the word tranquil.

04-26-10, 03:54 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Word Tranquil"
Gotcha. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell when they're joking.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-29-10, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Word Tranquil"
I thought they were just teasing each other. And it was nothing more than poking fun.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

TARFAN76 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-26-10, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARFAN76 Click to send private message to TARFAN76 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
1. Jet/Cord - I grow ever fonder of the Cowboys despite Cord's ignorance of the word tranquil. The first thing I thought was how I bragged him up last week for being smarter than perceived. Then I thought, My gravy, he's still smart; he just doesn't have a broad vocabulary! Vocabulary does not a genius make. I was way proud when he observed Brent's hissy fit and acknowledged that yeah, I'm frustrated, but having a fit won't help the situation. **And yeah, that was the first I heard of Jet being a married father and Cord being newly engaged. I bet their ladies are missing them very much. Maybe when they bring home a million dollars, it will all be worth it.

2. Dan/Jordan - I grow ever fonder of brotherly love. When Dan came over to give Jordan a hug and encourage him I almost cried. I don't know if I have ever seen that kind of support during a task. I'm with the person above who said if they won it would not be overly upsetting.

TIED AGAIN FOR BOTTOM: The daddys and their cubs. Stop bragging so much! "I'm the only girl left." "We're brilliant!" Yeah, it shows. They say they should be feared and indeed, I think they should -- but not for the reasons they think.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-26-10, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-10 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

1. Jet and Cord (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Rarely has a team stayed number one for me the whole time, which probably means they won't win. But I like their comments and they get along well with each other - I don't think we've seen them even argue.
2. Dan and Jordan (6,6,4,4,5,4,3,2,2) - Wait, your teammate was struggling at a task and you supported him instead of yelling at him? Amazing.
3. Louie and Michael (8,7,7,6,3,3,4,4,3) - Can't see the building right in front of you and apparently have never done a puzzle before (search for one piece at a time???). But they still think they're awesome.
4. Caite and Brent (9,8,6,5,6,6,6,5,4) - Yeah, no one believed your apology. Even Brent seems tired of this team.

Philiminated: In the surprise of the century, no one.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-10, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
Here are my rankings:

1. Jet & Cord -- is there anything this team can't do?

Gap --

2. Dan & Jordan -- Jordan shouldn't have whined, but Dan was sweet to him.

Big Gap --

3. Brent & Caitie -- did pretty well this leg, so I rank them higher.

4. Louie & Michael -- this was not a good leg for you two.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-10, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
1. Team Living the Dream - Dan's encouragement as Jordan struggled with the noodles was a stark contrast to Brute nagging at Bitch throughout the entire challenge.

2. Team Get a Clue - These two wouldn't even be able to figure out who killed Mr. Boddy with a candlestick in the conservatory, let alone solve a real crime. How they made it this far in the Race is a mystery.

3. Team Dueling Banjos - The duh-tectives saw Jordan in action at the fashion challenge, so they at least had some reason to make a comment about him being in his element. You two rubes, on the other hand, offered ignorant commentary that because Jordan is gay that he would be good at that challenge once he arrived. You've benefited from a rather positive edit that depicts you as wholesome guys uncorrupted by the larger world, but the flip side of that could have been some stereotypes that you would not necessarily appreciate.

4. The Brute and the Bitch - Go away! If Dan and Jordan don't end up winning, then I hope you two lose to Plane and Cable so you can see exactly how "smart" your U-Turn decision was.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-27-10, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was rubbed the wrong way by that comment.

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-30-10, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
1. Jet & Cord
2. Dan & Jordan
3. Caite & Brent
4. Louis & Michael - I knew it was too good too be true.

A Gift from Agman

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-01-10, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
1 Jet and Cord
2 Dan and Jordan
3 Louie and Micheal
4 Brent and Caitie

05-02-10, 07:03 PM (EST)
23. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
Week Ten Results

Looks like the lvoe list has solidified - matching last week exactly. Jet & Cord have taken root in the first place spot and doesn't look like they will be leaving unless they are philiminated. Dan & Jordan get a little lvoe and second place followed by the nearly universally unlvoed Michael & Louie and Caite & Brent - nearly as mikey and milkachulina have found something in Caite & Brent that the rest of us haven't.

­
RankTeamFirst Place VotesLast Place Votes
AverageRank
Direction
Jet & Cord
Dan & Jordan
Michael & Louie
Brent & Caite

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Hopefully louislam will get here soon and I'll edit in his list!

louislam 454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-02-10, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 16.10"
Oh I am late, but still post my list anyway

1. Dan/Jordan - Very touching when one of the brothers give hug to another during the roadblock, and they are right about the assessment of Caite's intention of the U-turn too

2. Jet/Cord - Good leg for them, great to see them getting 1st place instead of the models

3. Michael/Louie - How could they fall so far behind? It just shows that they don't deserve to stay in the final 4

4. Brent/Caite - Every week I wish they get off my TV screen but they just keep staying there. Both are annoying people and I think it's good karma when the wind blows all Brent's puzzles away. They both suck at the roadblocks!

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •