The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cast Announcement is up"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-21-10, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cast Announcement is up"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-10 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

For season 16

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/bio/index.php?season=16

Off to get a few details for the thread, BRB

The Teams:

Brent and Caite—Dating Models
Wow, that’s new and unexpected. She can’t take criticism and they are both headstrong.

Carol and Brandy—Dating
Brandy bites! And a gay couple, that’s two never before seen teams.

Dana and Adrian—High School Sweethearts, Married.
He burps obnoxiously.

Jet and Cord—Cowboy Brothers
Cord doesn’t want Jet to voice his opinions, that always works well.

Jody and Shannon—Grandmother and Granddaughter
Grandma is 71, oldest to ever run the race, but she is a personal trainer who runs triathalons so she may be in reasonable shape.

Joe and Heidi—Married
If they could switch places with anyone it would be their kids because their kids have unlimited potential.

Daniel and Jordan—The Pious Brothers
No that is their last name, not that they are in the same religious order.
Jordan is intense and Daniel hates to travel.

Jordan and Jeff—Newly Dating
DAWs from Big Bother

Louie and Michael—Detectives
At least up until now undercover detectives, somehow being on TV may get in the way of that. Both seem to like working out so likely to be pretty physical even for middle aged guys.

Monique and Shawne—Moms/Attorneys
Both of them want to push themselves past limitations/to another level.

Steve and Allison—Father/Daughter
He’s coached the Phillies and the Cleveland Indians. He says they can get lost in their own neighborhood.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cast Announcement is up jbug 01-21-10 1
 RE: Cast Announcement is up Max Headroom 01-21-10 2
   WRONG vince3 01-21-10 4
       RE: WRONG Snidget 01-21-10 5
           RE: WRONG vince3 01-21-10 6
       RE: WRONG Max Headroom 01-22-10 8
           RE: WRONG Snidget 01-22-10 9
           Optimism......... vince3 01-22-10 13
 RE: Cast Announcement is up Colonel Zoidberg 01-21-10 3
 RE: Cast Announcement is up MsShel330 01-21-10 7
 Professional sides. Estee 01-22-10 10
 Just for laughs: Jeff & Jordan's Q... Estee 01-22-10 11
 My cast comments. Max Headroom 01-22-10 12
   RE: My cast comments. Colonel Zoidberg 01-27-10 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-10, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cast Announcement is up"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-10 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

Let's take a look at ages:

Brent (28) Caite (20)

Carol (47) Brandy (40)

Dana (39) Adrian (40)

Jet (30 Cord (29)

Jody (71) Shannon (22)

Joe (42) Heidi (37)

Daniel (24) Jordon (22)

Jordan (22) Jeff (31)

Louie (47) Michael (45)

Monique (39) Shawne (39)

Steve (57) Allison (23)

This group seems to have more on the over 30 side than any other season (or am I not remembering well - which we tend to do when we get to be over 30).

14 age 30 or older
8 age 40 or older

E to change siggy - it was all Grit's fault

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-10, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cast Announcement is up"
Premieres Sunday, February 14th at 8/7 Central.

And the best part? Is that football season is over and TAR should start on time.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-10, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "WRONG"
CBS in the Winter/Spring after football airs both NCAA Basketball and PGA Golf. Both of which can easily delay TAR et al.

Especially during the NCAA Tournament.

01-21-10, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WRONG"
*nods*

CBS will always find some sport to put on that will go into overtime.

01-21-10, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WRONG"
Heck, with the dirge-like pace that baseball games have been lately, I'm a little surprised that CBS hasn't tried to get a hold of it yet....... or NASCAR......

01-22-10, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: WRONG"
*eye roll*

Can't a guy show a little optimism around here? Everyone knows that CBS has two never-broken rules:

1. Every sporting event is higher priority than TAR.
2. 60 Minutes is the sacred cow, never to be moved, cut, or truncated.

01-22-10, 08:15 AM (EST)
9. "RE: WRONG"
Poor thing, it is cute to be so optimistic, just it will run headlong into the crushing cynicism when it comes to TAR starting on time.

01-22-10, 06:56 PM (EST)
13. "Optimism........."
*looks at Survivor and TAR's cast pages again*

Optimism, whazzat?

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-21-10, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cast Announcement is up"
Hmph...looks like Dumb and Dumber are back from the hamster cage to duhhh their way around the world. What can I say about them except, at least it's not Dick and Daniele?

MsShel330 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-21-10, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cast Announcement is up"
Caite is Caitlin Upton, the infamous Miss Teen South Carolina? who royally messed up a question about geography a few years back so it will be interesting to see how she does with world travel.
I'm not crazy about having contestants from other reality shows on TAR but I really only watch TAR so I don't know these people from a can of paint.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-10, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Professional sides."
Brandy's IMDB credits page:

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0811241/

She hasn't been in much, and her voice work seems limited to narration.

Steve's MLB resume':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Smith_%28baseball%29

He was fired from a team that won the World Series five seconds after the last of the parade confetti was swept up.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-10, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Just for laughs: Jeff & Jordan's Q&A"
Italics are mine.

Jeff Schroeder
Hometown: Norridge, Ill.
Connection to your Teammate: Newly Dating
Current Occupation: Salesman
Pet peeve about your teammate: She doesn’t think sometimes
Favorite Hobbies: Traveling, sports, outdoor activities and working out
Achievements: Graduating college
Lifelong to do List: Visit as many places I can around the world (If we're very lucky, that works out to 'one'.)
If I could switch places with someone: A Heisman Trophy winner
Role Model/Hero: Alive: My father. Deceased: Walter Payton
What are you passionate about? My family
What would you do if you won the million dollars? Travel
People would be surprised to learn: That I played college football and graduated with a business degree from Aurora University
Favorite place you have ever visited: Western Europe
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Communicating with each other without bickering
What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To have an experience of a lifetime and get to learn more about our relationship

Jordan Lloyd
Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.
Connection to your Teammate: Newly Dating
Current Occupation: Receptionist
Pet peeve about your teammate: He gets irritated easily
Favorite Hobbies: Swimming, playing tennis and socializing
Achievements: Winning “Big Brother” and graduating high school (That's not an achievement: that's a testament to the sad state of education in America.)
Lifelong to do List: To be a dental hygienist, and to get married and have kids
If I could switch places with someone: Carrie Underwood
Role Model/Hero: My mom
What are you passionate about? Being with family and friends
What would you do if you won the million dollars? Buy a house by the beach
People would be surprised to learn: I'm a moody person (No, we wouldn't.)
Favorite place you have ever visited: Cherry Grove in North Myrtle Beach
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Communicating
What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Understanding each other (We haven't understood anything she's said yet.)

01-22-10, 10:16 AM (EST)
12. "My cast comments."
Based solely on cast bios and CBS interview videos...

- I already don't like Brent and Caite.

- Dana and Adrian seem like a well-grounded couple. But will they be able to do anything?

- Carol and Brandy are not long for the race.

- Jet and Cord have the potential to be very entertaining. I can't wait to see two Oklahoma country boys traveling in overcrowded developing-world cities or eating gross food.

- I *heart* Shannon. What a cutie.

- Joe is this season's leading "Broken Ox" candidate.

- Daniel and Jordan are my preseason pick for the Avi and Joe award (minus the Jewishness): Team most likely to disappoint.

- Jordan and Jeff's "make or break our relationship" comments = relentless bickering. They're my preseason pick for most-combustible team.

- I like Louie and Michael, but they could be a little too alpha-male in the race.

- Not buying into the lawyer moms. Quick exit, anyone?

- Steve and Allie are my dark horse pick to go far in the race. I like their dynamic and think both of them could be surprisingly strong.

...Two Jordans, one male and one female??

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-27-10, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: My cast comments."
- Jordan and Jeff's "make or break our relationship" comments = relentless bickering. They're my preseason pick for most-combustible team.

Don't forget the Ian rule - Jeff has to give up the smokes to go on the Race, so if their relationship is struggling while he's not suffering from nicotine withdrawal, it has the same chance of surviving in TAR as Big Easy does of spelling "FRANZ."

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •