The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Let me be the first..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-07-09, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Let me be the first..."
To congratulate ALL 3 teams for a job well done! Last night was full of surprising twists, not a lot of the pettiness we've seen over the course of the season, and actually, for me, was a real nail biter, up until the last few minutes.

I want to stand firm and say I am proud of all three teams for playing so 'gracefully' last night (who knew they would ALL know the words to 'Amazing Grace'??), keeping the race competitive but not ridiculous, unless you count Erika's many meltdowns.

I think most of us can say the order of the finale was pretty predictable, but there were times last night that had one guessing who was going to do what!

And I DO want to say the brothers did a GREAT job, and I wish them well. I have never had anything personal against them-don't know them, never will. Same with Erika and a few others of the whiners that just grated on most of us. They DID make for a less-than-boring season, and for that, I thank all of them!

Can't wait for next time too see what Phil has up his sleeves, with that little roaming gnome...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Let me be the first... jbug 12-07-09 1
   RE: Let me be the first... mindy23 12-07-09 2
       RE: Let me be the first... Colonel Zoidberg 12-10-09 6
           RE: Let me be the first... featherfish81 12-10-09 8
   RE: Let me be the first... samboohoo 12-07-09 3
       RE: Let me be the first... Seana 12-07-09 4
           RE: Let me be the first... MKitty 12-08-09 5
           RE: Let me be the first... Snidget 12-10-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-09, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Let me be the first..."
I kept watching the clock and thinking there were running out of time and wouldn't have time for the "where the race has taken you" roadblock. Guess they figured the teams have started taking notes for that .
The lack of made it all a bit anti-climatic for me. I've gotten used to enjoying the race in review for the final RB.

Erika was beginning to grate a bit with her meltdowns. But maybe I would too if I saw a million slipping thru my fingers (like flower petals that couldn't be reached).

Sparkled by Agman 2009

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-07-09, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Let me be the first..."

>
>Erika was beginning to grate a
>bit with her meltdowns.
>But maybe I would too
>if I saw a million
>slipping thru my fingers (like
>flower petals that couldn't be
>reached).
>
>
> Sparkled by Agman
>2009
>
Yep, I hear ya on that, JBug!! I can relate to being short, and the frustrations of how that must have felt! And to top it off, her hubby is not so tall, either. Just think how easy it would have been for the Globe Trotters to have done THAT task!!

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-10-09, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Let me be the first..."
And to top it off, her hubby is not so tall, either.

I don't think we got any height stats on anyone but Flight Time (6'4") and Big Easy (6'9" or 6'10" depending on who you asked) but Brian looked about a full head taller than Ericka, who had to be at least 5'6". I think the problem was just a lack of strength on Ericka's part to hoist Brian up to that height.

Just think how easy it would have been for the Globe Trotters to have done THAT task!!

Tell me about it - if only Big Easy hadn't misplayed the Kafka Roadblock, we'd have heard, "Flight Time and Big Easy...you are the official winners of the Amazing Race."

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-10-09, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Let me be the first..."
Don't forget, they still would have had to count to 1 million.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-09, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Let me be the first..."
I was looking for the same Road Block. I can also hear Luke screaming for it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-09, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Let me be the first..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-09 AT 03:40 PM (EST)

Me too. I was certainly surprised.

Edit to say "that it wasn't there". I was certainly surprised that we didn't have the memory game Roadblock. I wonder if any of the teams had tried to learn all that stuff, only for it to have been a completely wasted effort?

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-08-09, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Let me be the first..."
Yeah, me and DH kept saying: "when are they going to do the memory game"?? I can't believe they didn't have it...it's a standard for the finale!!!

Oh, and Erica, enough with the hissy fits already!

Good ending, Cheyne and Meghan deserved it.

*winter delight from Sharnina*

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-09, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Let me be the first..."
Sounds like from the RTVW interviews on the front page they were all expecting this kind of challenge for the finale. That may be why they didn't do it.

Although anyone can forget something or have a frustration with it even when prepared if it becomes something everyone is studied up for there may be less drama than if you haven't done it for a few seasons and it comes back.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •