The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-09, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"
Another season of TAR, another compilation of who did what and various discussions of the LAK (Lazy-A$$ Kim) rule.

Episode 1-1: Sushi Roulette
One teammate stands at a roulette wheel with all the other Racers. The wheel is spun by a wacky Japanese game show host. They must eat the sushi that lands in front of them. Teams can only progress if the sushi is a wasabi bomb (very hot!), which must be eaten within 2 minutes.
Who? Ron, Cheyne, Garrett, Justin, Maria, Big Easy, Lance, Canaan, Brian, Gary, Dan

Episode 1-2: Duck Herding
Using only 2 flags on long poles, herd 150 ducks through a course and back to their pen.
Who? Meghan, Jessica, Ericka, Matt, Flight Time, Sam, Kerri, Marcy, Mika, Tiffany, Zev

Episode 3: Chop Shop
Using the tools provided, break down 2 VCRs and sort the parts.
Who? Flight Time, Cheyne, Matt, Brian, Sam, Tiffany, Justin, Canaan, Lance, Ron

Tally

Brian....2
Ericka...1

Lance....2
Kerri.....1

Maria.....1
Tiffany...2

Zev......1
Justin...2

Mika.......1
Canaan...2

Flight Time...2
Big Easy......1

Sam...2
Dan....1

Gary...1
Matt...2

Meghan...1
Cheyne...2

Eliminated Racers

Marcy.....1
Ron.......2

Garrett...1
Jessica...1

Eric......0
Lisa......0

As always, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15 CTgirl 10-06-09 1
   RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15 featherfish81 10-07-09 2
 RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15 Seana 10-12-09 3
 Episode 4 Seana 10-19-09 4
   RE: Episode 4 featherfish81 10-22-09 5
 RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15 Seana 10-26-09 6
   RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15 Max Headroom 10-26-09 7
   RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15 CTgirl 10-26-09 8
       RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15 jbug 10-26-09 9
           RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15 PepeLePew13 10-26-09 10
               RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15 Seana 11-02-09 11
 Episode 6 Seana 11-02-09 12
   RE: Episode 6 PepeLePew13 11-02-09 13
       RE: Episode 6 CTgirl 11-02-09 14
           RE: Episode 6 jbug 11-02-09 15
       RE: Episode 6 HobbsofMI 11-02-09 16
           RE: Episode 6 PepeLePew13 11-02-09 17
   RE: Episode 6 jbug 11-02-09 18
 Episode 7 Seana 11-09-09 19
   RE: Episode 7 dabo 11-09-09 20
 Episode 8 Seana 11-16-09 21
   RE: Episode 8 featherfish81 11-18-09 22
 Episode 9 Seana 11-23-09 23
 RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15 Seana 11-30-09 24
 Finale Seana 12-07-09 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-09, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"
Thanks for doing this again Seana.

I always like to check back as the weeks go on.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-07-09, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"
Yeah, me too. Looks like they're all doing a good job of splitting it up so far.

10-12-09, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"
One teammate stands at a roulette wheel with all the other Racers. The wheel is spun by a wacky Japanese game show host. They must eat the sushi that lands in front of them. Teams can only progress if the sushi is a wasabi bomb (very hot!), which must be eaten within 2 minutes.
Who? Ron, Cheyne, Garrett, Justin, Maria, Big Easy, Lance, Canaan, Brian, Gary, Dan

Using only 2 flags on long poles, herd 150 ducks through a course and back to their pen.
Who? Meghan, Jessica, Ericka, Matt, Flight Time, Sam, Keri, Marcy, Mika, Tiffany, Zev

Episode 3: Chop Shop

Episode 4: Perform Monkey Act
Wearing a mask and tail, complete 3 monkey manoeuvres.
Who? Zev, Dan, Flight Time, Ericka, Meghan, Gary, Keri, Maria, Canaan

Tally

Brian....2
Ericka...2

Lance....2
Keri......2

Maria.....2
Tiffany...2

Mika.......1
Canaan...3

Flight Time...3
Big Easy......1

Sam...2
Dan....2

Gary...2
Matt...2

Meghan...2
Cheyne...2

Eliminated Racers

Zev......2
Justin...2

Marcy.....1
Ron.......2

Garrett...1
Jessica...1

Eric......0
Lisa......0

Discussion:

Pretty funny task. Especially when Ericka tried to show that she has a playful side. What.ever.

A couple teams are unbalanced, but it's still early.

10-19-09, 00:27 AM (EST)
4. "Episode 4"

Who? Meghan, Jessica, Ericka, Matt, Flight Time, Sam, Keri, Marcy, Mika, Tiffany, Zev

Episode 2: Chop Shop

Episode 3: Perform Monkey Act

Episode 4: Find Water
Fill a bag with water dipped using the provided ladle. Water will be found in urns buried somewhere out in the desert.
Who? Brian, Tiffany, Big Easy, Matt, Dan, Canaan, Lance
Meghan and Cheyne take the Fast Forward and skip to the Pit Stop.

Tally

Brian....3
Ericka...2

Maria.....2
Tiffany...3

Mika.......1
Canaan...4

Flight Time...3
Big Easy.......2

Sam...2
Dan....3

Gary...2
Matt...3

Meghan...2
Cheyne...2

Took the FF in Ep4.

Eliminated Racers

Lance.....3
Keri......2

Zev......2
Justin...2

Marcy.....1
Ron.......2

Garrett...1
Jessica...1

Eric......0
Lisa......0

Discussion:
I changed the episode numbers because I was confusing myself. So even though there have been 5 RB's, we're only on episode 4.

Every season I reiterate that I don't like search tasks. This one was especially boring.

Sig by agman, bouncy by IceCat

10-22-09, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 4"
Looks like Mika might need to step it up. She should have done the monkey task, at least.

10-26-09, 00:12 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"

Fill a bag with water dipped using the provided ladle. Water will be found in urns buried somewhere out in the desert.

Episode 5: Crack the Code
Row a dinghy out to a yacht and receive a watch. Use the watch to open a briefcase. The team member must figure out that the time on the watch is the combination to the briefcase.
Who? Cheyne, Brian, Gary, Big Easy, Dan, Tiffany, Canaan

Tally

Brian....4
Ericka...2

Maria.....2
Tiffany...4

Flight Time...3
Big Easy.......3

Sam...2
Dan....4

Gary...3
Matt...3

Meghan...2
Cheyne...3

Took the FF in Ep4.

Eliminated Racers

Mika.......1
Canaan...5

Lance....3
Keri.......2

Zev......2
Justin...2

Marcy.....1
Ron.......2

Garrett...1
Jessica...1

Eric......0
Lisa......0

Discussion:
Good thing Mika and Canaan got eliminated. He only had one RB left. You know that right after he ran out, there'd have been a bungie jump or something and she'd have been squealing annoyingly there for hours on end.

However, I certainly don't believe that Mika would ever have been able to row the boat ashore. Whiner.

The various paddling techniques were too funny: Gary paddling like for a canoe, Big Easy and Dan using their hands and arms. Honestly, it's not that hard. Yes, by the way, I can row a boat.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-09, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"
Good thing Mika and Canaan got eliminated. He only had one RB left. You know that right after he ran out, there'd have been a bungie jump or something and she'd have been squealing annoyingly there for hours on end.

I had the same thought-- if this would've been a non-elimination leg, the next roadblock would've been a steep, physical rock-climbing challenge, with a voiceover from Phil intoning, "Mika must perform this task, since Canaan has done the previous 417,883 consecutive tasks."

agman spooked me

10-26-09, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"
I agree the paddling techniques were funny - they were lucky the boats were so light. Big Easy and Dan couldn't have used their hands if it were a real rowboat!

Did anyone have a flashback to all the racers rowing (or failing to row) in Vietnam and Croatia?! I love it when they make them row!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-09, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"
Wasn't it Vietnam where they had the round boats that went round and round and round? I really don't want to name Zack's partner who was such a crybaby at that (and every other) task.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-09, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-09 AT 07:25 PM (EST)

I'll do it for ya... Florinka "Flo" Pesenti. (And no, it's not spelled 'Pissanti')

And yes, it was in Vietnam.

Seana - did they say there was still a rule in effect that all teams must complete an equal number of roadblocks this season? Cuz I'm wondering if they were told they didn't have to do an equal number (but rather, a minimum number) so Canaan went ahead and did five of the six so far. Otherwise, there's no way they would have intentionally left it so that Mika would have been stuck doing almost all of the roadblocks down the road if they somehow lasted that long.

11-02-09, 01:56 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"
I don't know it it's been specifically mentioned. Rob and Amber had this problem in their first season on TAR. Rob did all the RB's and then Amber was stuck doing the last few.

IIRC, there is a maximum number of RB's either teammate can do.

From Wikipedia:

Early seasons allowed teams to distribute the Roadblocks between the team members as they desired, which allowed one team member to do nearly all the Roadblocks. This was changed in Season 6, which limited a single teammate to a maximum number of Roadblocks they could complete, normally six, thus forcing their partner to perform roughly half of the Roadblocks as well.<6> Recent seasons have not explicitly stated this rule but teams have maintained an even distribution of Roadblocks throughout the Race. Racers can be heard saying they've done "all my Roadblocks" or "saving the last one".

11-02-09, 02:02 AM (EST)
12. "Episode 6"

Row a dinghy out to a yacht and receive a watch. Use the watch to open a briefcase. The team member must figure out that the time on the watch is the combination to the briefcase.

Episode 6: Counting Bells
Run up and down the stairs in a tower counting the bells.
Who? Meghan, Sam, Flight Time, Matt, Tiffany, Ericka

Tally

Brian....4
Ericka...3

Flight Time...4
Big Easy.......3

Sam...3
Dan....4

Gary...3
Matt...4

Meghan...3
Cheyne...3

Took the FF in Ep4.

Eliminated Racers

Maria.....2
Tiffany...5

Mika.......1
Canaan...5

Lance....3
Keri.......2

Zev......2
Justin...2

Marcy....1
Ron.......2

Garrett...1
Jessica...1

Eric......0
Lisa......0

Discussion:

- Boring.

- Ericka mentioned that she had been running up and down the stairs for two hours.

- In case anyone was interested, her guesses were 43, 56, 57 and finally 62. Though we didn't actually *see* the number she had written and don't really know if the just let her have the clue out of pity.

11-02-09, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 6"
Oh, I saw the "62" the final time she went up to the guy to ask if it was correct ... but yes, we didn't see her do the counting to total that one up, so for all we know, the producer said "to hell with it, it's 62."

11-02-09, 09:45 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode 6"
Or she just could have stood there and written 58, then 59, then 60...on her little pieces of paper!

11-02-09, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 6"
LOL
Like that would e.v.e.r happen on TAR

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-09, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 6"
Couldn't she just count the keys where the player was? 1 Key = 1 Bell?

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

11-02-09, 12:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 6"
You expect a CBS-recruited/casted person to have the brains to think of something like that?

11-02-09, 01:34 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 6"
It's just as well that Maria & Tiffany are goners.
Tiffany was having to do all of the roadblocks that were expected to be physical.
Maria was useless - at just about everything.

11-09-09, 01:03 AM (EST)
19. "Episode 7"

Episode 7:
In a "Switchback" to season 6, one teammate must unroll bales of hay in a Swedish field until s/he finds a flag inside a bale.
Who? Meghan, Sam, Brian, Big Easy, Gary

Tally

Brian....5
Ericka...3

Flight Time...4
Big Easy.......4

Sam...4
Dan....4

Gary...4
Matt...4

Meghan...4
Cheyne...3

Took the FF in Ep4.

Eliminated Racers

Maria.....2
Tiffany...5

Mika.......1
Canaan...5

Lance....3
Keri.......2

Zev......2
Justin...2

Marcy....1
Ron.......2

Garrett...1
Jessica...1

Eric......0
Lisa......0

Discussion:

- OK, OK, OK, so Canaan would have done the bells, right? So can you see Mika doing this? *snort* So much whining, so little time.

- Poor Sam.

- Ericka is running out of tasks she can fob off on Brian.

- Lena and Kristy didn't get Philiminated until 2 hours after the last team had checked in. So when they let Gary continue for a couple hours, I had to wonder if they were being cruel and unusual again, or if it was a non-elim.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 7"
There's going to be a big spread of start times in the next episode thanks to needle in a haystack. Physically demanding and all, it really depends on pure luck in the end.

11-16-09, 01:50 AM (EST)
21. "Episode 8"

Episode 7: Hay Bales
In a "Switchback" to season 6, one teammate must unroll bales of hay in a Swedish field until s/he finds a flag inside a bale.

Episode 8: Solve Secret Message
Choose a candelabra, which will have a room number on it. Find the room and the scroll therein. The next clue is on the scroll. The Racer must figure out that s/he needs to hold the paper in front of the candle to reveal the clue.
Who? Cheyne, Sam, Ericka, Flight Time, Matt

Tally

Brian....5
Ericka...4

Flight Time...5
Big Easy.......4

Sam...5
Dan....4

Meghan...4
Cheyne...4

Took the FF in Ep4.

Eliminated Racers

Gary...4
Matt...5

Maria.....2
Tiffany...5

Mika.......1
Canaan...5

Lance....3
Keri.......2

Zev......2
Justin...2

Marcy....1
Ron.......2

Garrett...1
Jessica...1

Eric......0
Lisa......0

Discussion:

The Swordfighter guys were having a lot of fun.

Candelabra. *sigh* and then Sam and Dan were looking for the "tovair" or whatever instead of a tower.

11-18-09, 10:46 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Episode 8"
I think they were looking for a touver, thinking the w was two letters. And since Pitt Hermann aren't common words either, I can see how they thought they were looking for the 'Pitt Hermann Touver' Garden.

11-23-09, 01:47 AM (EST)
23. "Episode 9"

Choose a candelabra, which will have a room number on it. Find the room and the scroll therein. The next clue is on the scroll. The Racer must figure out that s/he needs to hold the paper in front of the candle to reveal the clue.

Episode 9: Find Mandolin
Find a tiny mandolin (in its case) hidden somewhere at the Estates Theatre in Prague.
Who? Cheyne, Big Easy, Dan, Ericka

Tally

Brian....5
Ericka...5

Flight Time...5
Big Easy.......5

Sam...5
Dan....5

Meghan...4
Cheyne...5

Took the FF in Ep4.

Eliminated Racers

Gary...4
Matt...5

Maria.....2
Tiffany...5

Mika.......1
Canaan...5

Lance....3
Keri.......2

Zev......2
Justin...2

Marcy....1
Ron.......2

Garrett...1
Jessica...1

Eric......0
Lisa......0

Discussion:

- A search task?! Seriously?! A gorgeous theatre like that with so much history and they do a search task? Holy heck.

- I dislike search tasks.

- "Who can remain composed under pressure" is a lousy clue. I had seriously hoped for something involving music. But hahahaha No.

- I did like Don Giovanni.

- Did no-one know what a mandolin looks like? They were bringing all kinds of things up there, including a full-sized violin. Violin... mandolin... the names sort of sound similar. Though come to think on it, it was Big Easy who had the violin. It may have been a viola. Or a cello.

- The decoy instruments were amusing.

- Cheyne...Cheyne...Cheyne...Cheyne...Cheyne...Cheyne...

11-30-09, 01:32 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Roadblock Tally, TAR 15"

Find a tiny mandolin (in its case) hidden somewhere at the Estates Theatre in Prague.

Episode 10: Kafka-esque
In a room full of ringing phones, find the 5 that have a person on the other end. That person will say a letter. The 5 letters must be rearranged to form the name "Franz" as in "Franz Kafka", a German-speaking Czech Jew whose writing is often filled with hopelessness and confusion and the sense of having done something horribly wrong, but you don't know what and no-one will tell you.
Who? Meghan, Dan, Big Easy, Brian

Tally

Brian....6
Ericka...5

Sam...5
Dan....6

Meghan...5
Cheyne...5

Took the FF in Ep4.

Eliminated Racers

Flight Time...5
Big Easy......6

Gary...4
Matt...5

Maria.....2
Tiffany...5

Mika.......1
Canaan...5

Lance....3
Keri.......2

Zev......2
Justin...2

Marcy....1
Ron.......2

Garrett...1
Jessica...1

Eric......0
Lisa......0

Discussion:

- Kafka-esquier

- Big Easy gave it up too fast. Even if you can't figure out that certain consonant blends go together well - "FR", for example, at the beginning of a word or "RF" at the end of one - surely a more methodical approach than randomly scribbling the letters would have been a good idea.

- Ericka and Sam will have to do the next RB, if it's not a team RB, like last season.

- "Hey, Big Easy, let's work together. By which I mean until I get the right word, then you can work alone." Just say no at the start and don't look like a jerk later. They were willing to wait around with the poker chicks, after all.

12-07-09, 00:18 AM (EST)
25. "Finale"

Episode 10: Kafka-esque
In a room full of ringing phones, find the 5 that have a person on the other end. That person will say a letter. The 5 letters must be rearranged to form the name "Franz" as in "Franz Kafka", a German-speaking Czech Jew whose writing is often filled with hopelessness and confusion and the sense of having done something horribly wrong, but you don't know what and no-one will tell you.
Who? Meghan, Dan, Big Easy, Brian

Finale Episode: Face-First Rappel
Rappel face-first down the side of the Mandalay Bay casino.
Who? Cheyne, Sam, Ericka

Final Tally

Meghan...5
Cheyne...6

Took the FF in Ep4.

Sam...6
Dan....6

Brian....6
Ericka...6

Eliminated Racers

Flight Time...5
Big Easy......6

Gary...4
Matt...5

Maria.....2
Tiffany...5

Mika.......1
Canaan...5

Lance....3
Keri.......2

Zev......2
Justin...2

Marcy....1
Ron.......2

Garrett...1
Jessica...1

Eric......0
Lisa......0

Discussion:

- Ericka wants us to think she's so nice, but the truth is that she (and Sam) had no choice but to do the RB.

- Poor Cheyne!

- Sam really motored, didn't he?

- I don't care what the caption said, that chip-counting task wasn't a Roadblock.

Thank-you all for reading! Have a fantastic holiday season and we'll see you for TAR 16!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •