The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Future Switchbacks?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-09, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Future Switchbacks?"
Now that the series finally reached into the vault to pull out a little piece of Prior Hell, which tasks (Roadblocks, Detours, and Fast Forwards all included) should they revisit in seasons to come?

Looks like having the whole world to choose from still isn't enough to let the design team come up with a new task.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Hungarian Rhapsody. Estee 11-09-09 1
   Only if vince3 11-09-09 2
 RE: Future Switchbacks? Starshine 11-09-09 3
   RE: Future Switchbacks? Seana 11-09-09 4
       RE: Future Switchbacks? CTgirl 11-09-09 5
           RE: Future Switchbacks? trigirl 11-09-09 7
   RE: Future Switchbacks? Belle Book 11-09-09 8
   RE: Future Switchbacks? Max Headroom 11-10-09 10
 RE: Future Switchbacks? sittem 11-09-09 6
 4 words... ARnutz 11-09-09 9
 RE: Future Switchbacks? Max Headroom 11-10-09 11
 RE: Future Switchbacks? LibraRising 11-10-09 12
   RE: Future Switchbacks? Molaholic 11-11-09 18
 RE: Future Switchbacks? Molaholic 11-11-09 13
 RE: Future Switchbacks? fleaismycat 11-11-09 14
   RE: Future Switchbacks? Estee 11-11-09 15
       RE: Future Switchbacks? fleaismycat 11-11-09 16
           RE: Future Switchbacks? Estee 11-11-09 17
 RE: Future Switchbacks? shimane22 11-11-09 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-09-09, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Hungarian Rhapsody."
But only if they also brought back the band.

The greeter can also take another turn.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Only if"
They bring back the Caviar Chowdown with it on the next leg.......

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-09-09, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
S1 - Victoria falls and "find the village"

S2 - Bungee jumping in New Zealand, Robben Island and the Smiley, or the sand surfing

S3 - Heaves fave with the donkey cart

S4 - Swimming under the ice

S5 - My Ox is broken!

S6 - The roller skiing, or Xian

S7 - Eat the Meat - Not eating it means disqualification

Season that shall not be mentioned - Talladega speedway

S9 - The flag task

S10 - The only task I remember is the throwing tomatoes one

S11 - I liked the ice hunt

S12 - Milking a camel

S13 - The festival of colours

S14 - Cheese rolling!

After thinking on this I must say that the tasks in the first few series are a lot more memorable than the more recent ones

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
S12 - Milking a camel

I was just going to say this one!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
I will second milking a camel too! Whhhaaaa!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-09, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
Gee...an overwhelming favourite. I was thinking of milking the camel too!

Of course....I really like the "cut your hair" ff as well.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-09-09, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
I'd like to see the donkey task from Season 12. The donkeys were priceless -- especially Nate & Jen's donkey!

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-09, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
Not camel milking again! My ears are still ringing from the last time.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-09-09, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
Very easy! Fly into Dakar in the middle of the night. Catch a cab at one of the worst airports in the world and go to the Catholic cemetary and find Senghor's grave. Then off to Goree Island for some memorable quotes and then meander around town on the way to a fishing village to fish or sort fish and finish up with harvesting salt at Lac de Rose. What a perfect day. Mix in some extremely ignorant and insulting remarks from Freddy and Kendra to top it off. Need help finding your way around? I'll be glad to help!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "4 words..."
"MY OX IS BROKEN!!!"

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-09, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
Tasks, schmasks. I think they should bring the Weavers back.

another nifty agman creation

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-10-09, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
Bring back the "unscramble the Russian writer's name" challenge, but instead of Chekhov, make them unscramble Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoyevsky.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
You mean this?

Фёдор Миха́йлович Достое́вский

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
What about putting gasoline into a diesel powered vehicle?

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-11-09, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
Camel Milking was great.

I wish they'd bring back some of the more physically difficult challenges. Like that climb that the soccer moms had to do up the cliff. Big climbs, long rows, swimming (like when they had to dive for the clue). Or that one on top of the incredibly tall building where they had to walk around outside. Or the one where Chip (I think it was Chip) had to walk on the bridge.
I have a difficult time remembering all of them. They start to blur.

I really got a kick out of the duck herding from this year. Nearly anything with animals pleases me.

They should go to hemingway's home and museum and count the toes on the polydactic cats. It's in key west florida. That would be a funny one I think.

11-11-09, 10:42 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
Key West would actually be a great stop, especially if the producers invoked the Conch Republic (attack the Coast Guard ship!) and had the teams trying to navigate Duval Street at night. But it's got a few problems as a TAR leg, starting with:

1. Access. There's an airport, but you get relatively few flights in and out compared to most locations. The land/sea drive in and out is one road. Ship access to points rarely occurs.

2. Navigating the key. Taxis? Try renting a bike plus prayer...

3. The show may be the least odd thing Key West sees that year.

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-11-09, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-09 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

Wow.. attacking a coast guard ship. That would be exciting.

How about the helicopter them in? Might get some of the wussy people to drop out early. (said the girl afraid of heights)

What about mopeds for travelling around? And I secretly love it when they get lost. GPS units maybe for that leg?

11-11-09, 11:57 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
Wow.. attacking a coast guard ship. That would be exciting.

I think the current tradition is to use fruit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conch_republic

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-11-09, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Future Switchbacks?"
I think they should definitely revisit the roadblock on Mount Hua in China (with the locks) from season 6.

... Or that scintillating task in season 9 where teams ran around a field in Germany looking for the Travelocity gnome :p

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •