The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank the seasons/winners."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-13-09, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank the seasons/winners."
If only we could get all the winners to come back for another true All-Stars season...and no, I have no intention of ever writing that season, since it would undoubtedly involve earthbound spirits...but I guess we'll have to settle for a Survivor-style ranking thread. Let's test my memory of the season first, and then shall we commence with the rankings, especially since I know which season will undoubtedly rank last.

Seasons:

TAR1 (fall 2001)
TAR2 (spring 2002)
TAR3 (fall 2003)
TAR4 (summer 2003)
TAR5 (summer 2004)
TAR6 (winter 2004-2005)
TAR7 (spring 2005)
TAR Family (fall 2005)
TAR9 (spring 2006)
TAR10 (fall 2006)
TAR All-Stars (spring 2007)
TAR12 (winter 2007-2008)
TAR13 (fall 2008)
TAR14 (spring 2009)

Winners (and no, I don't feel like looking up their full names):

TAR1: Rob and Brennan
TAR2: Chris and Alex
TAR3: Flo and Zach
TAR4: Reichen and Chip
TAR5: Chip and Kim
TAR6: Freddy and Kendra
TAR7: Uchenna and Joyce
TAR Family: Linz family (NOTE: family season, teams of 4; ranking optional
TAR9: BJ and Tyler
TAR10: Tyler and James
TAR All-Stars: Eric and Danielle
TAR12: TK and Rachel
TAR Expedition: Carrie and Dana (NOTE: fictional season written for OT; ranking optional
TAR13: Nick and Starr
TAR14: Tammy and Victor

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank the seasons/winners. ohmyheck 05-13-09 1
 RE: Rank the seasons/winners. Colonel Zoidberg 05-20-09 2
 RE: Rank the seasons/winners. Belle Book 05-20-09 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-13-09, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank the seasons/winners."
Seasons:
1) Season 1 - Still the best of them all in my mind. Great Teams, all memorable for something, and good locations.

2) Season 7 - In spite of the gimmick casting of Romber, Season 7 worked in every way. The only season that didn't technically go around the globe.

3) Season 5 - Because 'My ox is Broken'? Still funny.

4) Season 11 - The All Stars season was surprisingly good, but Dustin and Kandice were robbed, and if I never hear Mirna again it will be way too soon.

5) Season 3 - Even with one of the most intolerable characters ever on the show, still ranks up there.

6) Season 2 - Not the best follow up to the first season, but the best finish ever.

7) Season 12 - Likable winners, and very nice locations. I really wanted to take a vacation to Dubrovnik after the Croatia episode.

8) Season 10 - The extreme division in teams was surprising and the Intersection sucked, but still a decent season

9) Season 4 - The first remotely bad season. I was really surprised there was a 5th season after this disappointment.

10) Season 6 - Only this high because Kris and Jon were so great.

11) Season 13 - Least suspenseful season ever. Only on this season could Dandrew have gotten past leg 3.

12) Season 9 - Two good teams and nine teams of cannon fodder. Plus, I hate BJ and Tyler.

13) Season 14 - Horrible season. After Mel and Mike were gone, no one to root for. Also, three legs in China when one team speaks Chinese? Don't give obvious advantages that late in the race.

14) Season 8 - Worst. Idea. Ever.

Winners
In terms of likability
1) Uchenna and Joyce
2) Chip and Kim
3) TK and Rachel
4) Rob and Brennan
5) Linz family (it wasn't their fault the season sucked)
6) Nick and Starr
7) Tyler and James
8) Reichen and Chip
9) Chris and Alex
10) Tammy and Victor (smugness and elitism)
11) Eric and Danielle (had no business to be on their season)
12) Flo and Zach (was the intolerable character I mentioned above)
13) Freddy and Kendra (What a reprehensible human being)
14) BJ and Tyler

In terms of racing ability

1) Nick and Starr - 7 first place finishes
2) Chip and Kim
3) Rob and Brennan
4) Tammy and Victor
5) Uchenna and Joyce
6) Flo and Zach
7) BJ and Tyler
8) Tyler and James
9) TK and Rachel
10) Reichen and Chip
11) Chris and Alex
12) Freddy and Kendra
13) Linz Family
14) Eric and Danielle - Set the bar very low for winners

Overall
1) Chip and Kim
2) Uchenna and Joyce
3) Rob and Brennan
4) Nick and Starr
5) TK and Rachel
6) Tyler and James
7) Flo and Zach
8) Tammy and Victor
9) Reichen and Chip
10) Chris and Alex
11) Linz Family
12) BJ and Tyler
13) Eric and Danielle
14) Freddy and Kendra (I actually started to type Kris and Jon here. I actually think that had they won, they would be on the top of this list.)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-09, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rank the seasons/winners."
Seasons (declining to rank TAR5, which I missed entirely):

1. TAR1 (fall 2001) - The first, the original, the best.
2. TAR7 (spring 2005) - Down goes Romber! Down goes Romber!
3. TAR4 (summer 2003) - God bless the clowns and the comedy of errors that produced the winners.
4. TAR13 (fall 2008) - Most dominant team ever, and an actual legitimate challenger to them. And God bless incompetent Dandrew.
5. TAR14 (spring 2009) - Some fun teams, but no "great" teams. And what was with the Eurasia fixation?
6. TAR2 (spring 2002) - The bad guys lost in the closest finish ever. Great finish. Dull winners.
7. TAR9 (spring 2006) - God bless the Hippies. Because of them, the frat boys lost. And damn you, All-Stars.
8. TAR All-Stars (spring 2007) - All the fun teams were gone by the end. But the beginning was fun.
9. TAR12 (winter 2007-2008) - Yawn. No interesting teams. Plus Jen and Nate. Arg.
10. TAR6 (winter 2004-2005) - So many good ways to end it. But is Freddy still worthy of bearing Kendra's children?
11. TAR3 (fall 2003) - Good season. But my ears still hurt from Flo.
12. TAR10 (fall 2006) - I got so bored with this season I deleted the last two episodes without watching them.
13. TAR Family (fall 2005) - Who the hell decided this was a good idea?

Winners (declining to rank Chip and Kim, the Linzes, and my own creations):

TAR13: Nick and Starr - dominated from wire to wire. Who was beating them? No one, that's who.
TAR1: Rob and Brennan - the original, the second-best.
TAR14: Tammy and Victor - strong, tough, but favored by three legs in China. But you use what you have.
TAR7: Uchenna and Joyce - more based on beating Romber than anything else.
TAR10: Tyler and James - bored their way to the top.
TAR9: BJ and Tyler - tough, but knocked down for surviving non-elim twice.
TAR2: Chris and Alex - heavy guys winning a footrave is good, but not memorable.
TAR12: TK and Rachel - didn't really play anybody.
TAR6: Freddy and Kendra - obnoxious and not that great at the Race, really.
TAR All-Stars: Eric and Danielle - didn't win a leg until it counted.
TAR4: Reichen and Chip - flubbed their way through the Race.
TAR3: Flo and Zach - again, ears are still bleeding...

Hmmm...Chip and Kim would probably be near the top, the Linzes just below TK and Rachel...I'd slot Carrie and Dana just below Uchenna and Joyce most likely.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-09, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank the seasons/winners."
My rankings of the Seasons except Season 1 (which I didn't see all of):

TAR 5,
TAR 7,
TAR 14,
TAR 12,
TAR 2,
TAR 3,
TAR Family,
TAR 13,
TAR 9,
TAR 10,
TAR 6
TAR All-Stars
& TAR 4.

Winners (not counting Colonel Zoidberg's winners):

1. Chip & Kim,
2. Uchenna & Joyce,
3. Tammy & Victor,
4. The Linz Family (I loved them),
5. T.K. & Rachel,
6. Nick & Starr,
7. B.J. & Tyler,
8. Chris & Alex,
9. Tyler & James,
10. Reichen & Chip,
11. Flo & Zach,
12. Freddie & Kendra &
13. Eric & Danielle.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •