The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why carry the gnome?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

tjcrew 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-09, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjcrew Click to send private message to tjcrew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why carry the gnome?"
Whenever the teams have had to carry the gnome before, someone won something depending on which gnome they had. I never saw any reason last night for carting the gnome around, other than giving Travelocity more publicity. Did I miss something?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why carry the gnome? jbug 05-04-09 1
 RE: Why carry the gnome? PepeLePew13 05-04-09 2
 RE: Why carry the gnome? Cyndimaus 05-04-09 3
   RE: Why carry the gnome? Max Headroom 05-04-09 4
       RE: Why carry the gnome? featherfish81 05-05-09 8
 RE: Why carry the gnome? Snidget 05-04-09 5
   Yeah shimane22 05-04-09 6
 RE: Why carry the gnome? PsychoKitty 05-05-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-09, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why carry the gnome?"
The first time they used the gnome, there was a prize on one of them.
Last season I think they carried them to the PS, but there was no prize involved.
So, yea, probably just product placement for travelocity.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why carry the gnome?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-09 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

I think they were hoping for fireworks between two teams -- something like Jen saying, "Luke, see if you understand this without needing sign language... bend over and let me show you what this gnome could be used for!"

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-04-09, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why carry the gnome?"
Perhaps they were hoping a team would forget their gnome somewhere and have to go back to get it (or get a time penalty) Otherwise the gnome was pointless from a gameplay standpoint. (but obviously not from an advertising point of view)

Sigs by Cyg

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why carry the gnome?"
Cara and Jaime did forget their gnome, but they ran back and got it before leaving the street food roadblock site. I wonder if they would've gotten a time penalty if they showed up at the mat without it?

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-05-09, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why carry the gnome?"
I don't think they would have been allowed to check in. They would have to go back and get it, like Kisha/Jen had to do with their travel documents. That could have been interesting, if they didn't remember where they had left it.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why carry the gnome?"
I don't think they always read us all the directions. There have been several times, if I recall correctly, they've had to bring something to the mat that is just something they have to carry around the whole time.

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-04-09, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Yeah"
Such as "No chicken, no check-in" in Burkina Faso on Season 12.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-05-09, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why carry the gnome?"
I think they were hoping Jaimie would poke her cabbie in the eye with it and get some sensationalistic publicity for the show.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •