The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cara - Jamie Interview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-09, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cara - Jamie Interview"
Thank you Webby!
I have to say that until I read that interview, I never realized the stuff you have to put up with.
Thank you again for bringing the interviews to us!
This one certainly confirmed just how Jamie really was on the race. LOL

And thanks for being tough in the interviews. Our Webby is no nambie-pambie.
You're the bestest!

Crusin w/ Tribe

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Link Max Headroom 05-14-09 1
   RE: Link ARnutz 05-14-09 2
   RE: Link SurvivorBlows 05-14-09 4
       RE: Link Max Headroom 05-14-09 5
       RE: Link Estee 05-14-09 7
       RE: Link jbug 05-15-09 9
       RE: Link Tazluli 05-15-09 10
 RE: Cara - Jamie Interview Starshine 05-14-09 3
 RE: Cara - Jamie Interview Estee 05-14-09 6
 RE: Cara - Jamie Interview Seana 05-14-09 8
 RE: Cara - Jamie Interview PsychoKitty 05-15-09 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Link"
Adding a Link to the interview.

True to form, Cara was the accomodating mediator-type, while Jaime wasn't afraid to voice her opinion, regardless of whether it was popular or not.

rocked out by agman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Link"
...and apparently Jaime can't understand questions, even in English

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Link"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-09 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

>True to form, Cara was the accomodating mediator-type, while Jaime wasn't
>afraid to voice her opinion, regardless of whether it was
>popular or not.

It was a difficult interview -- definitely among the most difficult out of the hundreds of Reality TV World exit interviews myself and others have done over the years -- but just to be clear, I have absolutely no isssue with someone voicing an unpopular opinion.

I do however think it's beyond unreasonable to apparently think that she wasn't going to be asked about her controversial behavior and actions -- especially the ridiculous hypocrisy of a "former police officer" calling 911 for directions due to a non-emergency, 100% made-for-TV matter. We'll unfortunately never know if her call resulted in a critical or even deadly delay for someone who was experiencing a genuine emergency at the same time, or if the televised broadcast of her careless behavior might encourage others to do the same and cause other potential tragedies. Going into the interview, I'd been fully expecting her to proactively attempt to clarify she called the police via their local non-emergency number, not to instead say that she'd called 911.

I've interviewed plenty of controversial people over the years and she was the first that I can recall who seemed to decide that she was going to apparently simulanteously neither acknowledge but "own and stand by" her behavior or acknowledge but express regret for her behavior. Instead, she seemed to try crazy Option #3: ignore the elephant in the room and then deny you know what someone is talking about when they bring the subject up. And the extremely defensive manner in which she opted to respond to nearly every question -- including a question as innocent as whether she was ever tempted to look at Victor's board pile (something that, given Victor had left them in the task's common area, I would never have personally deemed "cheating" and envisoned as being no different than the countless other tasks in which one team looked at how another team was completing a non-shielded portion of a task) was also very disappointing. As were her attempts to cut-off Cara and answer my question about what Cara had been thinking when Cara had made a particular comment.

I honestly really have no idea what she expected someone to spend a 15-20 minute period of time interviewing them about. Her behavior was a hugely significant part of (to borrow a phrase from CBS) "their story" -- it was pretty much the only thing CBS highlighted about them on the finale's "previously on The Amazing Race" opening recap -- and it would have been completely remiss and been an absolute disservice to our readers to not have asked about it.

Oh, and Jaime might have been upset by the mere suggestion of the possibility that she was going to leave the Roadblock without first helping Luke, but there was one very important person that did admit he was a little worried about it: Luke*

* Margie and Luke's interview should be online soon, sorry for the delay

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Link"
I thought it was an excellent interview. Many reality TV viewers question the editing of the show, as in, "Does so-and-so act that way in real life?" For Jaime, the answer seems to be, "Yes." Your interview showed her to be just like we saw her on TAR.

And I'm looking forward to the Margie/Luke interview, as I'm also curious to get a glimpse of whether their TAR behavior matches their real-life behavior or not.

Thanks, Webby.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Link"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-09 AT 03:00 PM (EST)

*sigh* Poor, poor Webby. Go take a nice long bath until the stink of temporary contact wears off.

I wonder what it'll take for Cara to become tired of apologizing for her friend?

ETA: And you think this was tough? You've got Benji in the on-deck circle, and he's trying to swing a dead dragon!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-09, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Link"
Option #3: ignore the elephant in the room

Perfect description of her.

Thanks again Webby.

Tazluli 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-15-09, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tazluli Click to send private message to Tazluli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Link"
Thank you for all your interviews. I always enjoy reading them.

Wow, Jaime is a piece of work. She was very defensive about the question about Victor dropping the boards in a common area. I wonder if she really peeked.

I can't believe she called 911. I just assumed it was the non-emergency line.

And, it did appear she was going to leave Luke out to dry (not that it would have bothered me too much ).

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-14-09, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cara - Jamie Interview"
Thanks for asking the questions I wanted to hear answers to Webby, a very good job.

J Slice what a cool lady

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Cara - Jamie Interview"
'the edit'

Oh, sure. It's all the editor's fault.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cara - Jamie Interview"
Yikes.

Thanks for the interview Webby!

Wheel of tribe

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-15-09, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Cara - Jamie Interview"
Wow Webbie! I'm glad you still have all of your limbs! What a witch!!!!! And Cara's still hanging out with her!? When will people learn? Jaimie is like a rabid dog - she is OUTTA control!!!! Whew! That's the most hostile interview I've ever seen - and that's saying alot!

Hmmm. maybe she and Coach should get together?

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •