The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-11-10, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-10 AT 04:22 AM (EST)

From CBS:

TWO UNLIKELY CASTAWAYS TEAM UP IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE A POWERFUL MOVE, ON "SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA," WEDNESDAY, NOV. 17

"Stuck in the Middle" — The tribe suffers a devastating blow when they find the camp in ashes after a fire, and the loyalty of an alliance is put to the test as Libertad heads to tribal council, on SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA, Wednesday, Nov. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

------------

So CBS is spoiling itself with the fire.

2 unlikely castaways = Nay + ??

Loyalty of an alliance = Brenda/Sash? Brenda/Chase? Evil/minority alliance?

ETA: Source spoilers will be discussed in this thread.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... dabo 11-11-10 1
   RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... SquidProQuo 11-11-10 2
       RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... dabo 11-11-10 3
   RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... kiki_k 11-11-10 4
       RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... SquidProQuo 11-11-10 5
 RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... Outfrontgirl 11-12-10 6
   RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... Georjanna 11-12-10 7
       RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... Outfrontgirl 11-12-10 8
           RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... SquidProQuo 11-12-10 9
               RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... kiki_k 11-12-10 10
               RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... SquidProQuo 11-12-10 11
 RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle... SquidProQuo 11-14-10 12
 Web promo is up and gives us 1 of t... SquidProQuo 11-14-10 13
   RE: Web promo is up and gives us 1 ... kiki_k 11-14-10 14
       RE: Web promo is up and gives us 1 ... Outfrontgirl 11-15-10 15
           RE: Web promo is up and gives us 1 ... SquidProQuo 11-15-10 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-10, 10:48 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
At this point Jud and Nay would be the unlikeliest allies. Holly and Dan are getting along and the shoe drowning is ancient history, but you never know with the CBS copy monkeys what nonsense they may come up with. Chase and just about anybody wouldn't be at all unlikely.

11-11-10, 10:52 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
I agree, Nay + Jud would be the most unlikely.

I wonder how much gets burned in the fire. What if they lose all their food and past reward items? Or clothes? It will be interesting to see if Jiffy shows up at camp or if they just play on. And will anyone get blamed? Hoping the next promo will give us more to work with!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-10, 11:08 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
It didn't hurt Butch in Amazon when he burned down the camp. It did, however, melt Rob's magic 8-ball.

This could affect the course of the game. Someone gets the blame and suddenly everyone hopes Nay has some food stashed somewhere in the woods.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-11-10, 11:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-10 AT 11:24 PM (EST)

I agree that Nay & Jud would be the most unlikely to team up, but maybe we are reading this the wrong way. It can be read that the two most unlikely to try to make the move do, in fact, make a big move. For example, Jud & Benry just agreed last episode that the best play right now is to play dumb; thus, they would be unlikely to make a big move. Also, Chase would be unlikely to make a move against Brenda or Jane, for another example. If we read it like this and take that together with the clue about "testing loyalty" it makes me think about the main La Flor alliance because Sash has talked a lot about loyalty (who stays depends on how loyal they are to me, etc). So I think is Brenda unlikely to move against Sash? Is Chase unlikely to move against Sash? Or vice-versa -- is Sash unlikely to move against Brenda? Is Chase? Taking any two of the core La Flor alliance moving against either Sash or Brenda at this point would equate to two "unlikely" players teaming up to make a big move, because Brenda & Sash both think they are running the show & have the complete loyalty of the lesser members of their alliance.

eta: just to make clear, I don't think that Jud & Benrty are the two who are going to make the big move, but am throwing it out there as an example for us to think about the use of the word "unlikely."

11-11-10, 11:27 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
Great points, Kiki. Also, we shouldn't forget about the "Stuck in the middle" title....who is stuck in the middle? Last week it was Brenda and Sash playing both sides.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-10, 08:01 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
I no longer know what we're allowed to say in this topic. Are we including information or not?

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-10, 08:16 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-10 AT 09:08 PM (EST)

I've been working for several minutes now on a post regarding my understanding of the status quo.

But, for now (and for what it is worth):

Squid has not requested that sourced spoiler content be omitted from this thread. So, I would think that any material germane to the topic would be appropriate. And that any criticism of its inclusion in the conversation would be ... inappropriate.

11-12-10, 09:41 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
That was an excellent post, Georgianna. I'll wait to see if anyone posts an objection, as we never actually adopted Krautboy's suggestion, and the choice to go spoiler-free in the vidcaps was a deviation from his original position and something I am adamantly opposed to participating in.

11-12-10, 10:55 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-10 AT 04:21 AM (EST)

I haven't been keeping up much the last few days, so wasn't sure where things stand. And since Dabo was the only other poster at first, I was being careful because I'm pretty sure he's unspoiled. But now that I think about it, G's correct. Since I didn't label this "source spoiler free," I agree we're OK to talk about anything. So here goes:

- I think Nay is going to be hurt about getting bashed at last night's TC and especially Brenda's harsh words about bringing her to the F3 as a goat. That creates the rift. And we know from Missyae she's the one who helps spearhead the Brenda boot this week by telling Chase and Sash Brenda's F3 plans to eventually dump them.

-- We know Brenda has done a 180 on Jane and really wanted her to go this week. And then she's going to be cranky about losing reward and the fire. Sounds like Jane and Ben are 2 of the people (could be more) who are possibly to blame for the fire. So Brenda will most likely want to target at least one of them next.

-- We know Chase loves Jane...so perhaps when Chase hears that Brenda wants to boot Jane, that will sway him to go with Nay's idea to boot Brenda instead? And then Nay spills the beans on what Brenda's been saying about him, and that seals the deal?

- I think that Sash is most likely the person "stuck in the middle." But it could be Chase too. We know it's not Purple Kelly because she is the only 1 who doesn't vote for Brenda.

These are just a bunch of my initial thoughts/spec..sorry so rambling...hopefully others will join in!

Edited to delete stuff about Ben winning IC...looks like that is erroneous information!

11-12-10, 11:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-10 AT 11:24 PM (EST)

Since we are allowed to talk about sourced spoilers in this thread, I will flesh out my initial comment above. (Spoiler below)
I think the 2 unlikely people are Sash & NaOnka who team up to boot Brenda. Even though they are on the same alliance so they are not "unlikely" to team up the same way Jud & NaOnka are "unlikely" to team up, they are "unlikely" to make a move against Brenda because they are Brenda's 2 biggest allies in the game & have been shown consistently being on Brenda's side & trusting her. NaOnka went to Brenda with the HII clue; Sash told Brenda "my plan is your plan;" Brenda & Sash have both said they are both "running the camp" etc. That is why it is unlikely that NaOnka & Sash would turn on Brenda. However, as Squid pointed out above, Brenda really made a stupid mistake at the last TC by telling NaOnka she was her goat. Plus, Sash said last episode that he trusts Brenda 95%. So, Brenda's gameplay (or lack thereof) has caused some dissention among the troops and her two biggest allies are now going to team up to take her out.

I think Chase is the one who is stuck in the middle. Last episode we saw the #####-poor job Brenda did of handeling Chase's worries about the game. Instead of reassuring him, she treated him with disdain, which will only cause him to "run into" Jane's arms. But, Chase being a good guy (if a kind of feckless one) will be troubled about being "in the middle" of NaOnka & Brenda -- two members of his alliance.

What makes Chase choose NaOnka, though, is that Brenda will be targeting Jane this week. She told Jane flat out that she wasn't getting anywhere near the finals and she did consider getting Jane out last episode. Brenda's actions last week toward Chase do, in fact, drive him into Jane's arms.

BTW -- my two cents -- it would have been a smarter move for Sash & Brenda to get Jane out before Marty because that would have broken up the Chase/Jane/Kelly S/Holly foursome that seems to have taken hold. No one else really was "with" Marty but Dan (Fabio & Benry were only kind of with Marty, imo -- they only voted for Jane last week because they thought Sash & Brenda were too -- we didn't see that, but I'm positive that was the case).

eta:Oh, and I just thought of this too -- maybe it is this move by Sash that is the final straw that turns Marty against him. Marty has said he respects both Sash AND Brenda and he has made his feelings clear that NaOnka should have been booted a long time ago. Maybe this is a move that Marty can't forgive Sash for making -- teaming up with NaOnka of all people to get rid of Brenda. Just a thought.

11-12-10, 11:12 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
P.S. This is out of left field, but I could also see Holly/Jane/Nay (which is sort of an unlikely pairing) leading the boot Brenda charge...then they convince Chase and Sash.

11-14-10, 02:34 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 9 Title "Stuck in the Middle" and Clues"
Kiki, I like your idea that Sash/Nay are the "unlikely" ones. (Not unlikely to team up like Nay/Fabs, but unlikely in the sense of allies turning on Brenda.) And I see we're on the same page that Brenda targeting Jane would get Chase worked up and feeling "stuck in the middle."

One thing that's been a curiosity to me lately is that we never really see Chase and Sash talking, yet Chase says that Sash is the only guy he trusts. I'm hoping that we finally get some insight into that relationship this week.

One more tidbit that I wanted to throw in here is that in Marty's Survivor Fans podcast, he says that the end-game plan he pitched to Sash was slightly different vs. what he presented to Brenda. The pitch to Sash was to take out Nay and Brenda, then pick off Chase and the NC alliance. So even though this wasn't shown, evidently Marty was already warning Sash that he can't afford to take Brenda to the end. So the seed has been planted.

11-14-10, 10:46 PM (EST)
13. "Web promo is up and gives us 1 of the clues"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-10 AT 03:27 AM (EST)

P.S. Yay, the web promo is finally up and Chase says "he's stuck in the middle."

ETA: Here's the section of the transcript that ties in with the clues:

Announcer: Wednesday, the Survivors are scrambling.

<scenes of volcanic surfing>

Benry : Getting rid of Sash and Brenda is number one on my list.

Holly : I'm keeping my eye on Chase.

Brenda : Benry, Fabio...it's only a matter of time before they go.

Chase : I'm stuck in the middle of two alliances again.

11-14-10, 10:56 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Web promo is up and gives us 1 of the clues"
Woo Hoo! We were right about Chase being stuck in the middle!! Yay us!

11-15-10, 00:06 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Web promo is up and gives us 1 of the clues"
I posted in the missyae topic today after reviewing the spoilers for this week that it appeared Sash and Chase were the unlikely pair, although it's really a question of which two of the three CBS views as a pair. Na Onka starts the ball rolling, but Sash and Chase make it happen. They pull in Holly and Jane.

Jud, Benry, Dan are just on the sidelines glad that it's not them, and Kelly is loyal to Brenda.

11-15-10, 11:46 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Web promo is up and gives us 1 of the clues"
Yeah, you never how these things are written. It's funny because I used to write this kind of thing for another network early in my career. I was so young (just out of college), and half the time I didn't even regularly follow the show, so I do really take these promo clues with a grain of salt!

It does look like CBS' definition of "unlikely" is what Kiki suggested -- i.e. unlikely to scheme about and boot Brenda, vs. unlikely to work together because they're not allies -- so way to go, Kiki!

I agree that Jud and Ben are just glad it's not them. This whole incident really shows how "luck" comes into play. Without question this is the big move of the game and it helps some perhaps "unintended" people more than the intended people! I cannot wait to see how it all plays out -- it *should be* (hoping!) the best episode and TC of the season.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •