The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S20 Episode #3 Title: "That Girl is Like a Virus""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-10, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S20 Episode #3 Title: "That Girl is Like a Virus""
The title was posted at Survivor Sucks by Volcanic Glass:

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/65360

"That Girl is Like a Virus"

In remember Coach calling Candace and Erinn cancers so maybe that quote could be from him again.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S20 Episode #3 Title: "That Gir... SquidProQuo 02-19-10 1
   RE: S20 Episode #3 Title: "That Gir... byoffer 02-19-10 2
 Here are this week's clues SquidProQuo 02-19-10 3
   RE: Here are this week's clues katethegreat 02-19-10 4
       RE: Here are this week's clues SquidProQuo 02-19-10 5
           RE: Here are this week's clues Brownroach 02-19-10 6
               RE: Here are this week's clues SquidProQuo 02-19-10 7
               RE: Here are this week's clues sylvester 02-19-10 8
                   "That Girl..." Krautboy 02-19-10 9
                       RE: "That Girl..." SquidProQuo 02-19-10 10
   RE: Here are this week's clues tribephyl 02-19-10 11
       RE: Here are this week's clues SquidProQuo 02-19-10 13
 RE: S20 Episode #3 Title: "That Gir... samboohoo 02-19-10 12
   RE: S20 Episode #3 Title: "That Gir... SquidProQuo 02-19-10 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-19-10, 01:48 AM (EST)
1. "RE: S20 Episode #3 Title: "That Girl is Like a Virus""
The funny thing is that I can hear so many people (Randy, Tyson, RussHell, Boston Rob, Coach) potentially saying this quote. I'm leaning toward it being someone on the Villain side, most likely Randy, since they appear to lose from the preview.

On the other hand, after tonight's episode, I could definitely see James saying this in retrospect about Stephanie or even about Parvarti or someone he clashes with in a challenge.

Perhaps the more interesting question is who the quote is about...Sandra? Courtney? Jerri? Parv? Cerie?

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-10, 08:32 AM (EST)
2. "RE: S20 Episode #3 Title: "That Girl is Like a Virus""
Though James may still make comments about Steph, I wouldn't see those comments being meaningful enough to warrant being the title for ep3.

My guess is that it is for the villain side too, and maybe Russell. Maybe Jerry is making too many friends (spreading like a virus?) and he worries about that.

02-19-10, 10:30 AM (EST)
3. "Here are this week's clues"
ONE TOUGH VILLAIN HAS THE WHOLE TRIBE ON EDGE AS EVERYONE SETS THEIR SIGHTS ON A VERY DANGEROUS ALLIANCE, ON "SURVIVOR: HEROES VS. VILLAINS," THURSDAY, FEB. 25

"That Girl is Like a Virus" - One of the most powerful women in the game targets a worthy adversary and gets aggressive in her efforts to oust an immediate threat, on SURVIVOR: HEROES VS. VILLAINS, Thursday, Feb. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-19-10, 10:36 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Here are this week's clues"
One possibility - Parvati is the tough vllian who targets Jerry, her worthy adversary, who is in a dangerous alliance with Coach.

02-19-10, 11:43 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Here are this week's clues"
Yes, Coach/Jerry definitely came to mind as the possible dangerous alliance if people think there's a showmance going on. Sandra/Rob could be another possibility, although I don't think that's as obvious and Sandra is pretty street smart.

Parv was suprisingly edited as UTR in the first couple episodes, so it will be very interesting to see if she makes a power play so soon in the season.

In the vidcaps thread, Tribe brings up the possibility that James is picked to visit the Villains tribe after the mud challenge. If that is indeed correct, I could definitely see James saying that Parv is like a virus when he's on his visit.

Of course many people (Parv, Courtney, Colby, Randy, Boston Rob) could say that Jerri is like a virus .

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-10, 01:12 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Here are this week's clues"
I could hear James saying it about Parvati. Or Cirie saying it about anyone, but it's likely not her.

The conflict doesn't have to be between two women. The girl who is "like a virus" could be the one doing the targeting and the "worthy adversary" could be male. I'm more inclined to think that's the case.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

02-19-10, 01:32 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Here are this week's clues"
Just watched the Insider Clips; Parv says she lied that she saw Jerri and Coach making out, and that Sandra jumped on it and started grilling Jerri.

Also, Jerri says in a confessional that she's out on the outs with the other girls on her tribe because they have no work ethic and all they want to do is sun themselves on the beach. So I'm leaning toward Jerri being the title girl with the virus.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-19-10, 03:02 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Here are this week's clues"
I agree BR. They are going to have to set up a misdirection boot for the week, and I can see this quote coming from Randy to set up that misdirection. My guess is Courtney, but it could also be Parvati.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-19-10, 03:37 PM (EST)
9. ""That Girl...""
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-10 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

To refer to someone as "that girl", reminds me of Bill Clinton's reference to Monica Lewinski...

The females would be more likely to say "she's like a virus" or refer to "that girl" by name, especially if it's the younger women describing someone their own age.

To me it sounds like an older male descibing someone he doesn't know very well or from whom he is trying to distance himself.

I would agree that it's most likely Randy on the villians...or Tom on the Heros.

Krautboy

02-19-10, 03:56 PM (EST)
10. "RE: "That Girl...""
There's a very interesting new preview on Youtube that appears to explain many of this week's clues:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OhUiG8yhQ

Looks like there will definitely be some fireworks this episode on the Villains tribe, as RussHell begins to go after his Alpha Male rivals; meanwhile, Parv is taking on Jerri -- wow, she even calls Jerri a "bitter old cougar." Should be a good episode..and Jeff promised some great one-liners.

Great symmetry with the "new" reigning male/female villains taking on the old guard villains.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-10, 04:16 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Here are this week's clues"
Going out on a limb here but...

Much like the first two episodes, wherein, the title really had nothing to do with the bootee and in fact was from the winning tribe.
Ep1: "Slay Everyone, Trust No One"(from Coach of the Villains) ~ Bootee: Sugar
Ep2: "It's Getting the Best of Me"(from Rob of the Villains) ~ Bootee: Stephenie
I'm thinking it will happen again.
So let's break this down...
Ep3: "That Girl is Like a Virus" (from Heroes?) ~ Bootee: Villain

Now, since the title quote has had little to do with the bootee in the past let's parse the teasers...

One of the most powerful women in the game targets a worthy adversary and gets aggressive in her efforts to oust an immediate threat
To me, the most powerful women in the game are Cirie and Parvati. Considering that Parvati has not been shown as powerful at all this season, then I lean towards it being Cirie for this episode. Her worthy adversary is probably either James, JT or Tom. I'm leaning towards it being Tom only because he's the only one of those three guys who is NOT in her 5 person alliance.
Tom seems to fit the quote only because at this point, he knows that Cirie was the true decision maker in sending Stephenie home and that because of the bootation of a challenge asset, Tom is considering Cirie's actions as viral. He and Colby should be next, right?
But as stated, the title quote has had little to do with the bootee. Total Misdirection.

Now,
One tough Villain has the whole tribe on edge as everyone sets their sights on a very dangerous alliance.
The one tough Villain is opposite the whole tribe and moreso the very dangerous alliance.
The tough Villain could be damned near almost everyone on the Villain tribe. But somehow, Russell, Rob or Coach seem to be the only ones who could conceivably put the whole tribe on edge. Now with regards to the whole very dangerous alliance, that has to be either Rob/Sandra or Jerri/Coach.
While Jerri and Coach are a known alliance, Sandra and Rob are certainly in a more dangerous alliance. Not so strangely, Russell made note of Rob's control in episode two and perhaps will clue in to Rob and Sandra's partnership in episode three.
While normally this would set up a showdown between Rob and Russell, It's conceivable that much like the first Hero tribal council, the vote will fall not along alliance lines but who is the least contributing member of the Villains. And while I would certainly point out Courtney as the least contributory, she has to vote for someone else and my guess is that it's neither Rob nor Russell but someone she sees as non-contributary, someone that isn't in her lazy alliance and that someone would be ... Randy.

02-19-10, 04:35 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Here are this week's clues"
I agree that the clues, etc. are all just misdirection in terms of the actual boot for this week. Looks like the Villains will be going to TC, and just like Sugar was an "easy" 1st boot because she wasn't really alligned with anyone, I think Randy (the weakest guy) is an outlier with no real alliance....whereas Courtney (the weakest girl who presumably should be on the chopping block) has done a good job of working her way in with the power girls like Parv and Danielle, per the Insider Clips.

A couple other reasons for a possible Randy boot:
-- Looks like he'll lose in the mud challenge (of course who could beat James)...whereas Courtney sits out, so that might keep her off the hot seat, at least for the short term.
-- I feel girl power brewing on the Villains tribe...Parv, Jerri and Danielle are smart and will try hard so that the girls don't get outnumbered.
-- As I recall, there was a rumor that RussHell does something to sabotage Randy. Don't know the details but RussHell being RussHell has to start some trouble soon and it's probably too early to be so overt against Boston Rob, so Randy is an easy target.

All that said, though, I do think that the clues and the latest preview are setting up long-term themes and alliances (RussHell vs. Boston Rob and Parv vs. Jerri...old school vs. new school, etc. and therefore are probably more interesting for us to discuss vs. this week's actual boot.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-10, 04:18 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S20 Episode #3 Title: "That Girl is Like a Virus""
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-10 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

I can see James or Boston Rob saying this.

I can also see this being said about Courtney. In the first reward challenge we have Courtney saying, "break her shoulder" referring to Steph, who ultimately had an injury. I can't remember if she said anything in the first IC. Then in last night's combined challenge, I recall her saying something about rolling the crate over someone or something like that.

It looks like she says something again in the upcoming challenge.

ETA: There are shots of Courtney smiling and telling James he is on the wrong tribe, but we also have a shot of James yelling at someone to "whip her #####."

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

02-19-10, 04:54 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S20 Episode #3 Title: "That Girl is Like a Virus""
P.S. Just noticed something about this clue: "One of the most powerful women in the game targets a worthy adversary AND (my emphasis added) gets aggressive in her efforts to oust an immediate threat.

So the "worthy" adversary and the "immediate threat" are 2 different targets. Could help to explain the Parv vs. Jerri set-up in the previews (longer term, worthy adversaries) vs. an immediate threat such as Randy. This would especially fit if Randy says the title clue about Parv -- that would tick her off and make her target him in the short term.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •