The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 9 Web Promo Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-05, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 9 Web Promo Vidcaps"
Thanks to Fever!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 9 Web Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 11-05-05 1
   RE: Episode 9 Web Promo Vidcaps JazzyJax 11-07-05 10
 Voice Over emydi 11-05-05 2
   RE: Voice Over volsfan 11-05-05 3
   RE: Voice Over Flowerpower 11-06-05 5
   RE: Voice Over Brownroach 11-07-05 7
 RE: Episode 9 Web Promo Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 11-05-05 4
 RE: Episode 9 Web Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 11-07-05 6
 Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jam... Brownroach 11-07-05 8
   RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... sylvester 11-07-05 9
       RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... Brownroach 11-07-05 11
           RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... volsfan 11-07-05 12
               RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... Brownroach 11-07-05 22
                   RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... volsfan 11-07-05 23
           RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... emydi 11-07-05 14
               RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... Brownroach 11-07-05 15
                   RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... emydi 11-07-05 16
                       RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... Brownroach 11-07-05 20
       RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... Flowerpower 11-07-05 18
   RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... flipxcyd 11-07-05 13
       RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... Chapdog 11-07-05 17
       RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... Brownroach 11-07-05 19
           RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... emydi 11-07-05 21
               RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... Bebo 11-07-05 24
                   RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and... Round Robin 11-07-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Episode 9 Web Promo Vidcaps"
Thanks for bringing these over, Vols!

Okay, clearly there are 2 challenges pictured here this week. The first one involves balancing over very narrow beams. We see Judd outlasting Steph, and we see Rafe falling as well(no surprise there!). We also see Jamie who is on the far left of the frames with Judd and Steph. He appears to be standing much lower than Judd and Steph, however, so presumably he has fallen off and is standing on ground level.

We also have vidcaps of Gary, Jamie, and Judd at night, Judd appears to have either a cigarette/cigar in his mouth. We know from the preview vidcaps that Judd vomits all over the shelter. Here he is at night smoking and stumbling, Jamie is trying to help him. So, are Gary, Jamie, and Judd all part of the reward winners? Or did just Judd and Jamie stagger back to camp and Gary just went out to help him? I don't know. I do believe it's clear that Judd will win the reward balance challenge and go and get overindulged somewhere. I don't know if he gets to take Jamie or not. I am leaning toward Gary just helping him after he's come back. Who knows maybe Jamie and Gary are there trying just to get him to go outside after he's chucked all over the shelter? We see Steph looking on...

The other challenge, which I think is the IC, is another challenge that SEEMS tailor made for our quarterback. We see that there is a large stick/pole sticking out of the ground in the center of marked rings, must be the bulls eye. They have to heave spears of some kind and the closest to the bulls eye will win. After each survivor throws, their point is marked with their names. We see Rafe and Judd's markers there. When Gary throws, there are already 4 markers present. We see Gary heaving his spear. Seems like Mr Quarterback "should" easily win this one, but will he? If I were a betting woman, my money would be on the professional quarterback for this one....but, will he start to paint too big a target on his back now if he starts to go on an immunity run? I say he'll win it.

With the shots of their introductory pics, in the 6 to 3 caps, notice BJ as at the bottom of his group....poor, poor, poor BJ. He's doomed...

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-07-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 9 Web Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-05 AT 02:24 PM (EST)

The pics could be out of sequence of course, but the pic following Gary throwing the first arrow (or whatever) is this one:

...which would indicate that Gary's first shot is off the mark anyways. Odd that Judd's toss was near Rafe's, but maybe he is still impaired by his big night out.

ETA: Upon further look, there are not two markers this close together (one loop) when Gary takes his turn. This resultant picture must not be at the same time Gary throws.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
2. "Voice Over"

Ok, so I thought it was Judd that Steph was talking about "ruin the whole plan" but I think after beebs pointed it out...it is probably Gary..

I think he probably will win II again (and find the hidden idol to boot--for use next week when he can't win it bc it's probably the Coconut challenge which Cindy Lydia or Rafe will win)

Judd wins the RC...remember he's the balancer with the pots...

Also I think Steph may be talking about BJ at the end...it being amazing if he found it...it wouldn't be gary she was talking about...and not Jamie...and most likely not Judd or Rafe

11-05-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Voice Over"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-05 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

Thanks for the VO emy.

Here are a few things I caught after looking through the caps.

I think there is more to this challenge than just crossing a narrow board because of these two caps...

The first one that shows Cindy falling looks as if she is over dirt if you look in the left corner of the pic you can see water. Then we see Rafe doing a head plant into water in the second cap. Also, look in the Rafe cap at the shiny plastic that doesn't seem to be present in the Steph cap.

This following pic is very telling if the target challenge just involves shooting an arrow. However, I think there may be more to it than just the arrows.

Then if this cap isn't a re-cap we know who doesn't win the IN unles EPMB is messing with the caps:

11-06-05, 07:20 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Voice Over"
Gary: Judd was drunk...
Steph: I feel like he can ruin our entire plan.
VO: and with extreme challenges coming up...
Steph: Gary is a huge physical threat.

Judd and Gary are the red herrings this week....they are both safe, imho...

BJ, on the other hand...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Voice Over"
Judd wins the RC...remember he's the balancer with the pots...

But Gary won that challenge.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Episode 9 Web Promo Vidcaps"
Nice work on these!

Frustrating not to be sure who's being discussed in each sentence, but at least we have a clear statement about Gary from Steph. Sounds like confirmation that she has decided not to let him back into the alliance due to his physical abilities. Not surprising, but there was a glimmer of hope for Gary last episode when he wasn't named in her boot list.

If she's already fixating on Gary as a threat, he probably gets moved up in the order to follow Bobby Jon (in front of Danni). By that I mean moved up on the hit list--how it actually plays out is uncertain.

11-07-05, 06:52 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 9 Web Promo Vidcaps"
Regarding this challenge:

If you look closely at these caps, you can see that there are at least 4 balancing planks here, and the survivors are all lined up.....so there can not be teams participating here. I think they are indeed playing for individual reward, and perhaps the winner or the first, second, and maybe even the third place winners get to go together.

On the left of the frame is Jamie, then going left to right, there is Judd, Steph, and I think that could be a clip of Gary's yellow t-shirt, next to Steph.

The survivors have to walk the beam and perhaps stop and untie planks that are tied under the beam, note, you can see Judd untying his, Jamie is obviously at the same spot as Judd and he is straddling his beam to untie it(you can see the plank right in front of him), Steph looks like she may have untied and retrieved it already, it's in her right hand, but she's off balance and she's going over. You can also also see the plank for Gary on Steph's left....Perhaps these planks are rungs of a ladder that they will have to assemble somewhere else...

I think these shots are fairly early in the challenge as they all seem to be on the first obstacle.

We know there are other obstacles to do and planks to probably retrieve, as we have Rafe here:

I don't know if this is some kind of rope apparatus that must be scaled, or if this is just a lattice underneath the balance beams.....

If they are building a ladder of some kind, I'm afraid Rafe won't have a prayer of winning this! Poor Rafe!

11-07-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
8. "Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
From the promo vidcaps the RC doesn't look like a team challenge. I think an individual wins and gets to take two people along.

It appears that Gary, Jamie and a very drunk Judd are coming back to camp after the reward. So which one was the winner? Well, if Judd or Jamie won, they would probably take each other, but why would either one invite Gary? I'm thinking that Gary wins and takes Judd and Jamie.

Gary appears to be *strategizing* in this episode. If Gary wins reward, there's no point in him taking BJ or Danni; it just isolates the three of them further. But...getting Judd and Jamie out of camp allows Gary to try to ingratiate himself with two difficult personalities; probably the two that the nuYaxhas are most at odds with right now.

It also leaves Danni and BJ (without his nemesis Jamie) at camp to try and make more inroads with Cindy, Rafe, and Stephenie.

I am thinking now that Gary is the one with the clues and he deceives Judd and Jamie about them while on the reward. Jamie gets suspicious later and follows Gary when he goes to hunt for the II.

Looking at TDT's new speculation, it makes sense that the hidden II will be used fairly soon. To me, it must be used either this week or next. If this week, Jamie finds it; he is the target and uses it, getting BJ kicked out. Meh. Not liking this so much anymore.

What works better, imo: Gary does find it using the clues, he wins regular immunity this week (proving Stephenie's "Gary's an immunity threat!"), BJ goes, and Gary plays the hidden immunity next week, when he has been bumped ahead of Danni on the boot list.

We've been set up for the Evil Axis Final 6 not to happen, from BJ stating he doesn't think it will, and, more importantly, from Rafe (and Cindy) starting to develop consciences last week. By next week's ep, they should be ready to turn the tables on Jamie.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-07-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
"What works better, imo: Gary does find it using the clues, he wins regular immunity this week (proving Stephenie's "Gary's an immunity threat!"), BJ goes, and Gary plays the hidden immunity next week, when he has been bumped ahead of Danni on the boot list."

BR, my problem with this scenario is the title of this week's episode.

What constitutes an "Idol Surprise"? I can't seem to get past the thought that it has to be used this week or else there is no surprise.

What if Gary doesn't win immunity? I do believe he finds the mini, see my short post in the preview thread.

If Jamie or someone else secretly follows Gary and knows he has the mini, they may choose to force his hand this week and use it now by letting him know he's a goner. Therefore he has no choice but to use it now, and my poor BJ is gone. The Axis would then think they could axe Gary next week.

I don't know, but I just can't get past the "Surprise".

11-07-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-05 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

I was thinking that too at first, sylvester. But the surprise could just refer to the clue -- or, perhaps, just to the fact that someone finds the idol this week.

Your scenario does make sense as well, though. Then I'd have to think that the following week Jamie just becomes so unbearable that they boot him ahead of Gary, since Gary won't have any cards left to play.

ETA: I am thinking more and more that your scenario works the best for this week. I really expect the idol to be used this week or next. But after two episode titles referencing the idol, the title of the next Ep, "Eating and Sleeping with the Enemy" suggests the idol may no longer be an issue.

11-07-05, 12:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
I agree with what you two are discussing but unless something different happens this week the whole "sleeping with the enemy" just reeks BJ and Jamie (next week).

Who else could it be in reference to unless Rafe does finally switch sides and that is how Jamie is booted. But, with that in mind Rafe would have to turn and then the reference would be him saying that is now going to have sleep with the enemy until Jamie gets the boot.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

11-07-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-05 AT 05:45 PM (EST)

vols, I believe they used "Sleeping with the Enemy" in Thailand after the fake merge. So I don't think it has to signify anything more than that there are two factions at camp that don't get along. It doesn't need to point to anyone specific.

11-07-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
Yes, the title was used in seasons 5 and 6. Thanks for the explanations as you could be right but the double meaning of the title could be that BJ and Jamie are still there.

11-07-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
Your scenario does make sense as well, though. Then I'd have to think that the following week Jamie just becomes so unbearable that they boot him ahead of Gary, since Gary won't have any cards left to play.

I too am concerned about the Idol Surprise part of Ep. 9's title....It could just be that the idol is found but..surprise not used.

Without Gary having II or Hidden Idol in Ep. 10, I don't see Steph allowing Jamie to go before Gary. We hear her growing weary of Gary's physical threat in Ep. 9. But if Gary has II this week and uses the hidden idol next, this gives Rafe and Cindy the impetus to finally vote their conscience.. if Steph sees Gary can't be voted out she will go along to boot Jamie before Danni to placate Rafe (her Helen)

So, why doesn't Gary win the II in Ep. 10? I think it is time for the coconut challenge in Ep. 10 and it will be for II this time around. OFG posted in another thread that there is a spoiler that Jamie wins the RC in EP. 10 (before he is kicked out) and it is similar to Rupert's reward in A$$ when he got to choose who eats what and Jamie gives away it all and takes the last crappy one...this RC can't be the coconut challenge because Jamie no way would win such a challenge.

So, unless this week's spear throwing IC is somehow like a coconut elimination challenge(a little twist you have to have skill to elimiate others, not just a coconut chop)...I think the coconut elimination challenge will be II in Ep. 10...which Gary will not win..Cindy (rafe or lydia) will win it. Therefore, he will need to use the hidden idol in Ep. 10.

If he doesn't win II in Ep. 9, he may use it...esp. if he gets wind of Steph's desire to oust him b4 BJ because he keeps winning challenges (After looking at the caps that FP laid out above, I agree with you and FP, it's an individual winner (Gary) and he astutely takes the boys along.)

But then Ep. 10, can't include the coconut challenge as IC (it could be in Ep. 11 for RC or IC...but I think for EPMB et al. they like it when more people are included in such a challenge..esp. if it is for II) because I don't see Steph allowing Gary to stick around when he doesn't have any protection. So he probably wins II in ep. 10 too.

So either:

1. Gary finds Hidden Idol and uses it Ep. 9 (after losing the spear IC) bc he hears grumblings of his getting put ahead of BJ in the order bc of his challenge prowess. He then wins II in Ep. 10 (not coconut challenge) and Rafe makes his move to oust Jamie before Danni.

2. Gary finds Hidden Idol in Ep. 9 but does not use it bc he wins II...he uses it in Ep. 10 after losing II (prob. the coconut challenge)

There just is no way that Gary doesn't go if he has no protection at the TCs in Ep. 9 and 10...he goes in Ep. 11 when he has none (probably the coconut challenge II then)

11-07-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
emydi, what is this coconut challenge you are talking about? Was there a spoiler?

11-07-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
I call all the "elimination type challenges" the "coconut challenge" which was what the first one they ever had in S4 "chop the coconut" I think the BEST challenge ever for how it affected the game.

There is no spoiler...just my educated guess that they usually do this at F9-F6 and the last three time (A$$--Final 7 RC Rupert won with food, S9-Final 9 or 8 RC Leann won and took Julie to volcano with chicken and S10- F6 Reward Greg won and took Jenn and Katie on boat for family visit). The last one for II was in S7 and I can't remember who won it--Rupert?? I just remember they got out RynO right away..

Therefore, I think this year it will be for II and Gary will not win it so if it is in Ep. 10, I think he will need hidden idol to not get voted out...I don't know if Ep. 9's IC is like this...a possibility is you have to throw the spear near the person you want out...that way some skill is involved...but I doubt it...

11-07-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-05 AT 05:43 PM (EST)

Oh, gotcha.

ETA: Okay, so now you have me leaning back toward Gary using the hidden II in Ep 10.

So does that mean Gary has to win the regular II this week? Or will Bobby Jon still be the top priority if he has no immunity, and Gary is just misdirection (for now)?

11-07-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
Great spec here BR, Cat, and emy! Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents here. BR, I definately could see Gary winning the RC and asking Judd/Jamie along for the reward. This would also prompt Steph to note that "Gary is a huge immunity threat". I don't know if he will win the IN in the IC, however, which could prompt him to indeed use his hidden II at TC.

Once BJ is gone(sniff, sniff), it will be 6 vs. 2, so perhaps the axis of evil may consider it a good time to eat one of their own with a Jamie boot.....I think Gary is safe for at least 2 more eps, who knows, maybe he will win the IN in ep 10 as well, doesn't really matter, imo.

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-07-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
Maybe Gary intentionally takes Judd & Jaime, so that Danni & BJ can start talking to Rafe, Lydia, & Cindy. Maybe that's Gary's intention. Gary will just have to sacrifice his time to get Judd & Jaime away from everyone else.

Chapdog 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-07-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
Very plausible idea. In the previews you do hear Rafe saying he is going to switch the game up.

11-07-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
That was my thought -- although, the winner usually has to make those decisions quickly, so Gary would have to be really on the ball to think of it.

11-07-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
I think he would have it mapped out in his head...he's playing an analytical game...If I win, I'll pick...to go with me...or it could just be G J J are 1 2 3....

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
Gary will have thought this out to the nth degree before trying to win the challenge. After all, he's held back in challenges before now so as not to appear a challenge hog and put a target on his back as a threat. For him to win the RC right after winning an IC, he would have to be convinced the risk of being seen as a challenge threat would be worthwhile.

Playing babysitter to the troublemakers so that Danni could work on an alliance with the peacemakers would be a worthwhile payoff.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-07-05, 07:34 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Gary wins RC and takes Judd and Jamie?"
Gary, being an old QB, will play the mental game like an old QB, and I'm sure he has all the what-if's he can think of mapped out in his head. So an RC win and taking the 2 loudmouths fits that bill perfectly.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •