The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

I thought it might be useful to put all the things we need to mull over for this week's boot in one post. For this purpose, I am assuming that:

a) Koror wins immunity again.

b) Any POW scenario, if there is one, will not involve a Ulong becoming a member of Koror, nor any of the three Ulongs having immunity at TC.

c) The fire-starting challenge reported by Mersaydeez is indeed NEXT week -- the Ulong tribe's flame will be all but extinguished with two players left, and the one player that can revive it will be allowed to continue in the game.

d) Mer's info on Steph is correct and she will not be leaving this week or next.

So this week the boot is between Bobby Jon and Ibrehem.

--------------------------------------------------

For a Bobby Jon boot:

* Is heavily featured in the promos, including caps of him falling off the log under the graphic "OUTPLAYED"
* Stephenie tried to vote him out once before, fearing his strength post-merge
* BJ is less likely than Ibrehem (a "klutz" according to James) to lose a fire-starting challenge to Stephenie next week

Open to interpretation:
* Spoke to camera about pact with Stephenie to boot Ibrehem next; is this doomed to crash this week? Or does the pact carry them forward one more Ep?
* No info from Mersaydeez on how he did; could leave this week or next

Against a Bobby Jon boot:
* He and Stephenie have been the core of Ulong and have had consistently high screen time; a satisfying storyline would have them as the last two
* Does all the work around camp and seems to procure all the food: fish, coconuts; could still be valued for this
* Flowerpower's "week 4" spoiler: sticking around another ep would get him just about to week 4 of the game
* We have no reason (thus far) to think that Ibrehem would ever vote against him
* Title of next week's episode, "Neanderthal Man," may refer to Bobby Jon if it refers in part to a specific person (it's not likely to refer to Ibrehem).

---------------------------------------------------------------

For an Ibrehem boot:
* As a low-key player, his screen-time has started an upturn over the last couple of Eps; could indicate his time has arrived this week
* Weakest member of tribe; if strength is still viewed as any kind of priority, he should go next
* Stephenie voted against him last week (although she ultimately voted for James); BJ was prepared to vote him out in Ep 5
* Corvis' confessional analysis suggests that Ibee is in the most danger on Ulong this week; Veruca Salt's editing analysis projects that BJ outlasts Ibee in the game.

Open to interpretation:
* Mersaydeez was told he is a "late" pre-merge boot (but not the "last")
* Mersaydeez was also told he did not have much time to interact with other players at LL; did they all go on separate vacations almost immediately after he arrived, or were many of them gone already?

Against an Ibrehem boot:
* Apparently did not have a chance to apologize to Wanda for not picking her until after the show; this may support extremely minimal time at LL
* Stephenie has already been thinking about jettisoning the strength pre-merge; given her tendency to flip-flop, she might prefer to keep Ibee now despite her pact with BJ
* Ibee (a "klutz" according to James) is more likely than Bobby Jon to lose a fire-starting challenge to Stephenie next week

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So that's what we are faced with. If I left anything out of this summation please do point it out.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Confessional analysis forehead 03-29-05 1
 RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Krautboy 03-29-05 2
   RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... dstam015 03-29-05 4
       It would be totally fine Loquatrix 03-30-05 35
 RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... wendyp 03-29-05 3
   RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Brownroach 03-29-05 5
   RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Devious Weasel 03-29-05 6
   RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... VerucaSalt 03-29-05 7
       RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... forehead 03-29-05 8
       RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Brownroach 03-29-05 9
           RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... VerucaSalt 03-29-05 10
               RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Flowerpower 03-29-05 11
                   RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... sweetpea 03-29-05 13
                       RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Brownroach 03-30-05 20
                       RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Krautboy 03-30-05 30
                           RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Loquatrix 03-30-05 36
                               RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... knuckles487 03-31-05 43
       RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... applejack93 03-30-05 16
 RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Surviette 03-29-05 12
 BJ's story arc will be done mavsfan 03-30-05 14
   RE: BJ's story arc will be done braveheart 03-30-05 17
       RE: BJ's story arc will be done michel 03-30-05 28
           RE: BJ's story arc will be done braveheart 03-30-05 33
 a house divided sorgee 03-30-05 15
 Snewser's avatar biancaxxx 03-30-05 18
   RE: Snewser's avatar Flowerpower 03-30-05 19
   RE: Snewser's avatar Brownroach 03-30-05 21
       RE: Snewser's avatar biancaxxx 03-30-05 24
   RE: Snewser's avatar KLicK 03-30-05 22
       RE: Snewser's avatar TanNymph 03-30-05 23
       RE: Snewser's avatar Brownroach 03-30-05 25
           RE: Snewser's avatar bobscure 03-30-05 26
           RE: Snewser's avatar Surviette 03-30-05 27
   Trojan Horse symbolism Loquatrix 03-30-05 37
       RE: Trojan Horse symbolism emydi 03-30-05 38
       Thank you forehead 03-30-05 40
 RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... kingfish 03-30-05 29
   RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Brownroach 03-30-05 31
       RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Flowerpower 03-30-05 32
           RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Brownroach 03-30-05 34
               RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... kingfish 03-30-05 39
                   RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... forehead 03-30-05 41
                       RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... kingfish 03-31-05 44
                           RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... Brownroach 03-31-05 47
   RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... pax 03-31-05 42
       RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jo... KLicK 03-31-05 45
 Look who's in my eyemail, emy! Flowerpower 03-31-05 46
   RE: Look who's in my eyemail, emy! Surviette 03-31-05 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-29-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
1. "Confessional analysis"
Good idea, BR!

I posted in KB's confessional analysis thread:

This is the first season that I've read confessional analyses based on confessional types. I'm extremely impressed with Corvis' method, and ... with his results. The bootee this season, so far, has come from Corvis' "danger shortlist" every single episode ...

The only Ulong in danger based on confessional type analysis: Ibrehem. That'll be good enough for me this week. (It also dovetails nicely with VS' observations ...)

Close but no car...

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-29-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
2. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

Evidence in favor of an Ibrehem boot...next week's episode is called "Neanderthal Man". The double meaning of the title could refer to both the Fire-Building or BJ's Neanderthal appearance...

Krautboy

dstam015 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-29-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
4. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
I can't imagine them calling it neaderthal man as a reference to one of the players. Very bad if they do.
I think Ibe goes an steph and Bobby Jo hold some alliance.

My Flame Burns On!

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-30-05, 07:12 PM (EST)
35. "It would be totally fine"
for them to title an episode "Neanderthal Man" if that was said by one player about another player.

My guess is that it will be said about Tom, in reference to his hunting/gathering skills.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-29-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
3. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
I am still confused....however your one comment ~ Mersaydeez was also told he did not have much time to interact with other players at LL; did they all go on separate vacations almost immediately after he arrived, or were many of them gone already?

According to spoilers ~ IBE, BJ and Ashlee go on vacation together. Ashlee was booted many episodes ago, so i do not think they are all gone. Could be the time frame between the next two TC are short and that may be why he does not interact much. catching up on food and sleep the first day.

03-29-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
5. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

I tend to think all the early boots stayed at LL until the jury, and then they were all dispatched on separate vacations -- yes, Ashlee must still be at LL at this point in the game -- but the point is, we don't know absolutely for sure.

And "very little time" could mean three/four days or it could mean one day. Or as you say the time between TC's could be shortened (though I think the schedule indicates we are back on a 3-day cycle to the end now).

Anyway, that is why I put this in the open to interpretation category. It's rather subjective.

ETA: Good points, forehead and Krautboy. I will add them up above.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
6. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
I think BR meant did the groups go on their separate vacations shortly after he arrived.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-29-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
7. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"

forehead

I usually don't venture too far out of the Editing thread but naturally this one grabbed me since I have already committed to my decision in the Editing thread.

Mind you, the references you are discussing have played no part to me; frankly they appear to be too confusing

I have found that in terms of story arc and editing there has been too much investment in Stephenie and Bobby Jon for them not to remain on Ulong

Ibe received a lovely editing buildup but beyond all the smoke and mirrors in his rise; the fact of the matter is that Bobby's decisions in his boot selections are always tempered by contribution to the tribe, fairness and honesty.

Stephenie's votes have been cast due to challenge mishaps, personality issues people brought to the tribe and in one case, a potential threat in the future.

Be that as it may, Ibe's arc has been fulfilled and one cannot overlook the fact that if not for the majority vote from Koror, Ibe would have left the game. That is fact.

Obviously then you know where my stubborn self is going

03-29-05, 02:50 PM (EST)
8. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
VS

RL posting constraints aside, I haven't missed a single post of yours in the thread that is appropriately long

Another season with very astute observations (Ian's adventure et al.)!

"Obviously then you know where my stubborn self is going"
We can always count on VS to stay on editing course for the long haul, what do you mean spoilers???

Hah, it would be an interesting finale though if Katie were to win (ideal f2 opponent or not)...

03-29-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
9. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
VS is visiting my thread! Can I offer you something? Some hors d'oeuvres, a martini?

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-29-05, 03:26 PM (EST)
10. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
Well forehead, real life does have a way of interfering but even a glimpse of you is fine with me

BR definitely you are one of those I would certainly venture into different territory I think I need a clear head to figure out this season's story so no martinis. I may end up eating some crow at some point but such is the nature of editing

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 04:26 PM (EST)
11. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
Absolutely no doubt in my mind....for whatever that is worth, ha! Ibe is our bootee for the week. My rationale includes: a little birdie told me he makes it to the fourth week, Corvis' confessional analysis has been dead on, and last but certainly not least, because Veruca says so!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...why do we need spoilers when we have VS!

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-05, 07:57 PM (EST)
13. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
Also, I read somewhere that BJ was very upset after his boot. If true, why would he be upset? I could see him being upset if booted this week because he thought he had an agreement with Steph and she voted him off. If he loses the fire challenge next week, would he be upset? He would have lost a challenge not a vote. Of course, he also was anticipating the merge and he could be upset that they didn't merge. I've changed my Jump the Shark three times already between Ibe and BJ so I am really confused. Great idea to start this thread.

03-30-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
20. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
Also, I read somewhere that BJ was very upset after his boot.

sweetpea, you are the second person to mention this and I still don't know where it comes from. knuckles487 posted something about it here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/5834.shtml#16

I asked for a link but knuckles never provided one. Did you read this in knuckles' post or did you see it somewhere else?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-30-05, 01:33 PM (EST)
30. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
It seems that BJ would be upset with himself for losing a Fire Building Challenge to Stephenie, when he was so close to making the jury. BJ seems like someone who would be more upset with himself, than with others...

Krautboy

03-30-05, 07:17 PM (EST)
36. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
Agreed, KB. Though I like to think that Bobby Jon would be upset with himself for losing the firestarting challenge, period -- rather than upset because he was beaten by Steph. I think the pair of them have plenty of respect for each other's capabilities, given that it is plain to the entire world that they have carried their tribe between them in every challenge and Steph has been as physically useful as ANY man, and it would strike me as odd for Bobby Jon to be the type to sulk about "being beaten by a GIRL" when the girl concerned is Steph.

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-31-05, 03:27 AM (EST)
43. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
I think my comment in another thread about BJ being upset is being misread. Of course, now that I have opened my mouth and mentioned something from the article I seen, I cannot remember where I first found it. I have been looking ever since BR asked for the link and keep comming up empty. I know better next time though, if I see something in an article that might be of some use down the road, I'm writing that sucker down. lol

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. The context of the article I saw did indeed say that BJ was upset after getting booted (whenever that does occur) but I may have given the wrong impression with my earlier statement. He was not mad at a particular player, not Stephanie, himself, or anyone else. The article was making it clear that for some reason BJ was upset with the SHOW because of the circumstances leading to his boot. No details were given so it could be for anything. That's why I started thinking that perhaps he was upset about being made a pow (if that happens), or some other twist the producers threw at his team that he might feel led to their defeat in whichever week he is booted. Of course, I suppose he could have also been upset because of the team he ended up on in the first place. I know I would have.

Sorry about any confusion my comment had created, and I just wanted to clarify a little.

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 08:01 AM (EST)
16. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
VS this may sound odd, but you are the most ethereal and mysterious poster on these boards (probably the whole spoiler network).

I mean it as a compliment, too.

Surviette 124 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 07:20 PM (EST)
12. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
NOT TARZAN!! bc it's not "fair" to see him go yet!

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 02:27 AM (EST)
14. "BJ's story arc will be done"
I posted this under vercasalts thread, but think it may be better here, so here it is:

It seems to me that BJ has been given the edit of someone trying to prove that he's a Man's Man. (Tarzan anyone?)

BJ seems to see Tom as his main competition for the title Man's Man.

I think when Tom get's his shark this week, the bar will have been set so high that BJ won't be able to compete anymore with Tom.

This will be the end of BJ's story arc, and we will see him voted out at Ulongs TC as the remainder of his tribe turns on him.

braveheart 104 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
17. "RE: BJ's story arc will be done"
Great point on the editing Mavs!

I also think that because Steph didn't cast her first vote for James last week Bobby Jon will not feel he can trust Steph. I think this will cause trouble in their allaince and lead to his being voted off this week. Perhaps BJ will appraoch Ibe to vote Steph out and Steph will catch wind of this. Steph might feel that she can beat Ibe in next weeks challenge and want to take him to the "final 2" of Ulong, therby setting the stage for a BJ boot this week.

Ibe will go along with this because as VS mentioned earlier he is after all living on borrowed time.

As much as I don't wish to see BJ go, I think he will do himself in.

Braveheart

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
28. "RE: BJ's story arc will be done"
How can she be thinking of a challenge next week? In her mind she must think that the merge often comes when 10 are left.

braveheart 104 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 06:10 PM (EST)
33. "RE: BJ's story arc will be done"
Ooops sorry michel, I guess that didn't come out right.

I meant she feels she could beat Ibrehem over BJ after the merge in individual challenges. She sees BJ as a bigger threat following the merge so he has to go this week. Plus she knows she betrayed him and he can't trust her in the newly merged tribe. If BJ was to make the merge he might very well ally himself with Tom rather than Steph.

Braveheart

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 07:48 AM (EST)
15. "a house divided"
the sorgee household is in conflict.

i think that bobby jon is going to get sent home. i think his story is done, steph will start to play for her end game and she thinks ibrehem can get her further.

sorgee son (in spoiler island he goes by the unique screen name of sorgeeskid) is adamant that ibrehem goes. he said that he's seen a lot more of him in the last couple of episodes and he's too boring to see anymore of. (hey, it's hard to argue with 11 year old logic.)

littlest sorgee thinks janu is going to quit and save everyone. (she's only 9 so i'm not letting her play spoiler island.)

mr. sorgee said he doesn't care. he said that ian is going to win the whole thing and he isn't going to bother watching again until the last episode.

our house needs to get thursday over and done with for sanities sake...

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
18. "Snewser's avatar"
At risk of over-analyzing, I thought I should point out that Snewser's avatar is a Trojan Horse... could suggest Troy.. Troy, Alabama? BJ?

03-30-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Snewser's avatar"
uh-oh....that doesn't look like a good sign???

03-30-05, 10:48 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Snewser's avatar"
I thought he's been using that avatar for awhile, longer than just this week.

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Snewser's avatar"
Well, I'm not sure, I haven't seen him post much... the last one I remember him using was of Lil Kim for the Kim boot

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-30-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Snewser's avatar"
Isn't a Trojan Horse a symbol of a "gift" that is not what it seems? Perhaps our "gift" from mercedeez is about to bite us in the butt?

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Snewser's avatar"
I like that way of thinking. Here's hoping you are correct!

03-30-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Snewser's avatar"
Well the only way it can bite us in the butt this week is if someone other than Bobby Jon or Ibrehem leaves.

mavsfan raises an interesting theory above -- and it does seem "fishy" to me how they are contrasting Bobby Jon's catching the fish with Tom's catching the shark this week. Is there some extra symbolism in this?

And as far as editing, I don't know that MB would have edited BJ and Ibee differently depending on what order they left in. BJ is clearly the more compelling character, who wholeheartedly threw himself into the game, while Ibee was laid-back and somewhat ineffectual -- the type of player MB never shows much interest in spotlighting.

Ulong is so unpredictable it's hard to say who will vote for whom from week to week. Maybe there will be a three-way tie at the first vote this week: BJ votes for Ibe, Steph votes for BJ, and Ibe votes for Steph. Then what would they do? Have a revote, hoping someone changes their vote? Would Ibe change his vote to BJ, realizing BJ had voted for him?

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Snewser's avatar"
I was looking at the fish juxtaposition as "You should've seen the one that got away." I have a major problem with Ulong at 2 people for 3 nights. It's too much work. Why bother to show up for competitions?

I can see a scenario like the Rupert kidnapping leading to 2 people for one or 2 nights then one for one. What if there is a POW exchange built in to the IC but with no immunity for the POW? Ulong picks Tom, Koror picks BJ, Koror throws the IC to save Tom and boots BJ, and Tom stays with ULong until the beginning of the IC. I think that's how it worked in PI.

That helps answer a couple questions I have about the clues we do and don't see for this ep. I might add the the unanswered ?? to the kidnapping thread this evening.

03-30-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Snewser's avatar"
"Maybe there will be a three-way tie..." That cracks me up,but the sad thing is that it's entirely possible!

My take: Trojan = strong, hard-working Bobby

03-30-05, 07:35 PM (EST)
37. "Trojan Horse symbolism"
Here are some thoughts brought to mind by the "Trojan Horse" symbol, if that's indeed what it is.

1. Victory being won by cunning rather than brute force

2. Victory being won by a tiny fighting force using the element of surprise to best effect

3. Victory being won by lulling one's opponents into a false sense of security, misleading them as to your intentions towards them

4. Gestures of goodwill turning out to be the exact opposite

5. Willingness to abandon "honourable" rules of combat and resort to trickery and falsehood

6. Victory being won by boldly inserting oneself right into the heart of the opponent

7. Victory being won by allowing your opponent to do all the work for you (dragging the horse inside the city walls)

8. Victory being won after pretending that all your troops have sailed away and left behind only the wooden horse and one other individual whose job it is in the plot to assure the Troj... uh, Koror, that the Greeks have all left and the horse is a gift of goodwill

If Snewser's Trojan Horse is indeed supposed to be his pointer at who is the boot, and if Bobby Jon is indeed from Troy, Alabama, then presumably Snewser is pointing at Bobby Jon. However, symbolically, he'd be incorrect to do so because it was the Trojan Horse that brought about the fall of Troy. It is a symbol of victory, not of defeat.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 08:09 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Trojan Horse symbolism"
WOW!! what a great analysis Loquatrix!!! Thanks

03-30-05, 10:53 PM (EST)
40. "Thank you"
This post is a perfect example of why you bring such valuable contributions to SB!

forehead

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 01:33 PM (EST)
29. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 01:45 PM (EST)

Thanks for this thread, obviously, the core decision this week is the bootee pick, and sometime the other aspects and the tangents get overplayed.

And VS, Corvis, SOTS, and most other thoughtful analyzers (KY, KB, BR et al) seem to be leaning toward the IBE boot as a result of some very time tested, methodical, and well reasoned analysis. Very convincing I might add.

However to satisfy my contrary nature, I have to mention that the reason that the analyses lean toward an IBE boot this week might be more to do with a problem MB might have with him, that Ibe just doesn't have much interesting to say in his confessionals or in his interaction with the others. I am sure that all of them are quizzed much more that is shown, and there is bound to be miles and miles of video tape left on the eiting room floor. But what would MB do with a guy that gives uninteresting confessionals, doesn't really interact with the others (sneaks off to pray, etc), and often doesn't show up for challenges. Yet, he hangs around for a while.

This kind of character could skew the editing and confessional analyses.

Add to this the fact that MB is always tuning his editing strategy.

Well, I still expect to see an IBE boot (I'll stick with earlier BJ votes just to be contrary). THe BJ story still seems to be incomplete (althought even there, his story could be wrapped up in a final episode, this week for instance).

At least this week the boot isn't so cut and dried.

(edited to include SOTS)

03-30-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
31. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
This kind of character could skew the editing and confessional analyses. Add to this the fact that MB is always tuning his editing strategy.

I totally agree. That is why I am leery of jumping on an Ibrehem boot solely on an editing basis. Plus Bobby Jon is so heavily featured working it in the promos -- catching the fish, chopping the wood at camp -- somehow this has a "last gasp" aura about it to me.

So I remain undecided at the moment.

03-30-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
32. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

Plus Bobby Jon is so heavily featured working it in the promos--catching the fish, chopping the wood at camp--

...don't forget the old shots of him falling off the barrel in the ep 2 challenge....why would they be in there???

ETA: On the other hand, has EPMB so heavily featured the boot like this in the promos? The promos are screaming BJ, so is that all misdirection, or is he our boot?

03-30-05, 06:25 PM (EST)
34. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
I wouldn't say the promos are screaming that BJ gets booted. He's not presented as a target or in trouble, there's just a lot of footage of him.

03-30-05, 09:36 PM (EST)
39. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
Sorry BR, I somehow got the idea that you leaning to the Ibe boot option.

Now, after reading Corvis vote in Super Sherpa Daves vote, he is also not in the Ibe camp. I like the 'Gut tells me' ref.

I was thinking that maybe the simplest approach would lead one to pick a BJ boot.

Because, simply, Koror wins IC (RC too for that matter) and there are three Ulongs at TC (however the kidnapping or whatever works out, the ulongers are back for TC), and it is BJ who can't play the three card monte mind game as well as the others. Niceguy, admirable effort, but not a strategic thinker.

03-30-05, 10:58 PM (EST)
41. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
"and it is BJ who can't play the three card monte mind game as well as the others. Niceguy, admirable effort, but not a strategic thinker."

No argument from me about BJ not being a strategic thinker. But is Ibe a "more strategic thinker" than BJ? Seems like a toss-up to me...

Close but no car...

03-31-05, 08:43 AM (EST)
44. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
Good point. Its a tossup, esp. given the fact that Luck could be a deciding factor in a three person TC vote. We really should be talking about this as if it was a choice between three people.

But to continue the picking of nits, BJ is shown as more action, less strategy (he talks about it, but is the dupe so far), and Ibe has at least shown a little TC strategy. That is what (that plus the MB twist)saved him at the TC when Ulongorians were about to vote him out.

03-31-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
47. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
I don't understand why people say that BJ is not a strategic thinker. He doesn't vote emotionally: he was willing to vote out Ibee in Ep 5. And the fact of the matter is that Stephenie was forced to conform to BJ's votes at the last two TC's (and there was absolutely no reason last week for her to vote Ibrehem first just to mollify James, since James wasn't going to be on the jury).

Anyway, at this point I really think strategy is out the window for all of them, to the extent they had any. It's flip a coin time.

pax 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-31-05, 01:58 AM (EST)
42. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
I'm with you Kingfish on Ibe being the exception to the editing spoilers. I have one word for the doubters -- Zoe, who everyone kept thinking must be a final 4 in the marquesas because she had no story. it was because she was so boring. As they say, ya can't make silk from a sow's ear.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
45. "RE: So who goes in Ep 7 -- Bobby Jon or Ibrehem?"
I just heard James interviewed by a local DJ. When asked about Ibe's staying power in the game, James responded, "He is the luckiest son of a beach EVER!"

He also said that Steph will pay for what she did eventually. The implication was in the game since he had just said something about talking to her about that (voting against him) "when he gets a chance".

03-31-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
46. "Look who's in my eyemail, emy!"

I tried to copy the entire eyemail that featured a pic of James from last ep on the boat to the jellyfish lake, and then THIS pic of Ibe....same CBS misdirection was also in it!

03-31-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Look who's in my eyemail, emy!"
This is also the Palau Site Freeze Frame Photo. And it is the SECOND Freeze Frame Photo featuring Ibrehem! There are only 6
photos on the CBS Website page ( one from each episode). Hhmmm!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •