The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"War Theme -- brainstorming thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-05, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"War Theme -- brainstorming thread"
Is it just me, or do you notice an extra emphasis (more than on previous Survivors) on the theme for the upcoming season?

If it's all right with y'all, I wonder if we can post some ideas that are consistent with war that might show up in in challenges or in a game-playing twist for this season.

My first thought for a WW2 theme:

Spies. How could spies be incorporated into this season? It's far-fetched to think perhaps the 'extra' two survivors turn out to be spies of some sort from the get-go, but I can't help visiting the idea (briefly, of course) that there's a mole or two here somewhere. Isn't Survivor wanting to continue to bring new and exciting twists? It's been proven many times that our survivors are not afraid to be double-agents to win. *shrug*

Okay, so that's a wild idea, and probably not even close. Holes in the theory, yada yada. I know. But you guys are better at this than I am. So let's do some brainstorming about what could happen that would fit in the war theme.

From the photos we've seen of underwater wreckage, the tank thingy, potential parachuting...

What do you come up with?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: War Theme -- brainstorming thre... Ontheroadagain 01-12-05 1
   RE: War Theme -- brainstorming thre... Wheezy 01-13-05 3
 RE: War Theme -- brainstorming thre... DRONES 01-13-05 2
   RE: War Theme -- brainstorming thre... Wheezy 01-13-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ontheroadagain 936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-12-05, 08:09 PM (EST)
1. "RE: War Theme -- brainstorming thread"
Here's a war themed idea -- three tribes competing for two camps. The first place team gets its pick of camps. The second place team gets the remaining camp. The losing team at the reward challenge is left without a camp. Until the next reward challenge.

01-13-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
3. "RE: War Theme -- brainstorming thread"

This is a great idea and seems plausible. Perhaps not right from the start though, since it appears they at least begin with one tribe only.

--->

Wheeze * Wheeze's Blog

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-13-05, 07:39 AM (EST)
2. "RE: War Theme -- brainstorming thread"
Before I throw in my .02 I'd like to say that this thread just screams out for VerucaSalt and the many others who liked to post in the editing thread.

Since this is the south pacific, and we fought Japan here how about kamikaze. This is the last resort in a lost cause battle.

With all the ships that were sunk, we are being innodated with this imagary, how about death at sea or a losing battle in the water.

There is going to be spirituality with those who died in battle here.

Do any of the contestants have military experience?

MB will also be hammering home the themes of those who died here and this is their final resting place. This part of the world had some of the bloodiest battles, but the sea(images of sunken ships) and the land(images of tanks) reclaimed what was hers.

This is the type of the thread that gets me motivated for the season to begin.

DRONES

01-13-05, 12:29 PM (EST)
4. "RE: War Theme -- brainstorming thread"

Several contestants have military experience -- Willard and Jeff (who was a seaman for 2 years). I haven't read up on the others yet.

Kamikaze. Hmmm. Perhaps since we now know they start off with one tribe, there will be individual immunity challenges right from the start -- each person on his own mission. Perhaps the parachuting has something to do with individuals trying to knock out others staged in the water in a sort of kamikaze mission. I imagine there might be lots of water challenges.

--->

Wheeze * Wheeze's Blog

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •