The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"could it be that they are this good at the game?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

joffray 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-10-04, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"could it be that they are this good at the game?"
First of all.. feel free to tell me if this shouldnt be posted here.. but Ive seen a few posts that arent true spoiler content.. so Im taking a risk posting here.

NOw onto my question...

Could Rob and Amber still be playing the game? Consider this...
somewhere during the game, and during their alliance discussion.. do you think its possible that these two discussed howe to get around the show's rule that it is STRICTLY PROHIBBITED to offer to share or split the prize money with another contestant?

Suppose they agreed that if they both made the final 2 that they would split the money..... one way to get around M.B.'s rules, would be to get married... and by law.. half becomes hers, and half becomes his... a marriage of convenience?

Could this marriage be a way to exploit a loophole in the show's rules about teaming up and splitting the prize????

Time will tell.. and I hope its not the case.. but its a thought worth talking about, eh?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: could it be that they are this ... tribephyl 05-10-04 1
   RE: could it be that they are this ... Acawap 05-10-04 2
       RE: could it be that they are this ... Brownroach 05-10-04 3
           RE: could it be that they are this ... joffray 05-10-04 4
   RE: could it be that they are this ... LasloToth 05-11-04 8
   RE: could it be that they are this ... RocketAudy 05-11-04 12
 RE: could it be that they are this ... Flowerpower 05-10-04 5
   RE: could it be that they are this ... mmason 05-11-04 6
       RE: could it be that they are this ... Pensha26 05-11-04 7
           RE: could it be that they are this ... mmason 05-11-04 9
               RE: could it be that they are this ... Pensha26 05-11-04 10
 RE: could it be that they are this ... Loree 05-11-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-04, 06:24 PM (EST)
1. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
The two of them have certainly found themselves a loop-hole.

I think Amber was initially excited about the prospect (proposal), probably in fear that she wouldn't win.
She didn't sound too confident about her chances of winning.
However, after the vote was read she seemed a little down.
Excited to win no doubt.But, also a bit of..."Damn, now I'm married to this slob, and he's gonna take half of my money".

I had faith in her ability to win this game.
Why, oh why, didn't she?

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner
"I just had to get those guys comfortable riding the big banana. And they did." King Dicque(RIP)

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-10-04, 06:30 PM (EST)
2. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
well actually, she's getting the money BEFORE they're married, so it isn't community property (assuming whatever state they are in is even a community property state). So technically, it's her money, and she can spend it however she wants without him having a say in the matter.

No way the whole thing is a scam to share the money. Maybe Rob knew he was gonna lose and that pushed him to propose, but definitely not worth getting married just to ensure a cut of the prize.

And I think this is as spoiler-ish as you're gonna get the day after the show ends ;).

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-04, 06:43 PM (EST)
3. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
Well they said they've been talking about marriage for the last couple of months, so it must have been getting pretty serious.

So I don't think it's an intentional scam. Rob probably thought it would be cool to propose at the reunion. But it would have been ultra-tacky to do it after the votes were read if Amber won. (If he had won, no problem.)

So if he was gonna propose at the reunion, he kind of had to do it before the votes were read.

joffray 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-04, 06:51 PM (EST)
4. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
i agree.. its her money now.. and she could bail on the wedding and keep it to herself...

BUT... if they had an agreement that she wants to honor.. a marriage of convenience could be the easiest way to split the money without breaching the contract with the show... this could have been in the works since the taping ... or something they contrived during the period since the taping ended.

their alliance just seemed so ROCK SOLID that it makes you wonder how they could have NOT talked about it all along : "If we make the final two.. lets agree to split the cash" I could see AMber going along with it.., since he carried her there... and I can certainly see how Rob would go along with it since he 'took all the bullets' along the way.... knowing he could never survive a jury vote... good cop-bad cop.

I guess we'll just have to see if the marriage lasts.

LasloToth 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-04, 09:37 AM (EST)
8. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
>However, after the vote was read
>she seemed a little down.
>

I noticed this too. I think her 'romance' was part of the game. I'm betting that a wedding never takes place.

RocketAudy 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-04, 06:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
>However, after the vote was read she seemed a little down.

There's a chance that by the time the final votes were announced, Amber would have preferred Rob had won. If they're going to be married, it made little monetary difference who the actual winner was. Their romance is no doubt real, and Amber was probably sick of hearing everyone slamming Rob's gameplay and personal character. You could see her rolling her eyes during the reunion show when Kathy was going on about Rob's transgressions. Amber probably wanted him to win so as to tell the world, "...you can say what you want about him, but he was the best player and deserved to win."

I'm assured by my wife that this stand-by-your-man philosophy is a common chick thing.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-04, 08:13 PM (EST)
5. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
I sincerely think Rob is quite smitten with Amber and obviously she is with him. I think it's the real deal, and quite romantic to boot....falling in love on a deserted island. MB is probably thrilled that it worked out this way, and Jiffy is right, it certainly will last as long as a bachelorette/bachelor marriage, ha!

Also, if you think Amber was a bit "down" after the prize was announced, I'd like to be that "down" as well!

mmason 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-04, 07:17 AM (EST)
6. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
Hi I am new here. These are my thoughts on this subject. If they are , in fact, still playin the game and this whole marriage is a ruse to share the money than does Amber get half of Rob's 250K? Just wondering.

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-04, 09:07 AM (EST)
7. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
Rob and Amber were interviewed somewhere and they said that they are splitting the 1.25 million dollars. I think this is true love and MB couldn't have written it better if he thought of this himself. I just hope that See BS doesn't pull and Ryan and Trista wedding for ratings.

mmason 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-04, 09:58 AM (EST)
9. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
Don't be surprised if that is exactly what happens!!!! Great ratings grabber material

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
10. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
Then they should just give the extra million to Rob and Amber and announce that during the summer they are televising the "Survivor Wedding: The Romber Romance."

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
11. "RE: could it be that they are this good at the game?"
When Rob and Amber were interviewed on ET they said they can't share the money. They made mention about the contract and said it is her money. Of course she can buy Rob all the gifts she wants. But they both said that is the rule.

I believe they really are in love. They have been quite inseparable for a couple that is just pretending.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •