The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hindsight on Chillone's Spoiling"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

thun 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-11-04, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hindsight on Chillone's Spoiling"
So I decided to sit out on reading all the spoiling info this season, opting to find out what happened to whom every Thursday night like most of America. Curious as I was, I decided to come read all of the spoiling of the season to see how good it was and I noticed something odd...

Snewser linked to Chillone's spoiling on Jan 20. While some of the information provided turned out incorrect (like Ethan going early), the final seven IN ORDER as provided by "The Man" was dead on. Pretty cool, if you ask me. But what got me was that in searching the forum and in reading the SOTS for a handful of the final eps, Chillone's spoiling was never mentioned!

And then there was this thread in mid-April:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/5086.shtml
Someone brought up Chillone and the poster was chastized and the thread was quickly locked.

So my question is this: How did the ball get dropped on this one? Surely after we were down to the final 7, someone would have started looking at this again... But it's just really puzzling to me that this spoiling that was so correct would effectively never be mentioned again. I understand that he was way off about Ethan, but he had different sources, so I would have thought that would have merited keeping his reports on the table, so to speak.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hindsight on Chillone's Spoilin... IceCat 05-11-04 1
   RE: Hindsight on Chillone's Spoilin... thun 05-11-04 2
       My bad... IceCat 05-12-04 4
           RE: My bad... thun 05-12-04 5
   Actually... forehead 05-11-04 3
 RE: Hindsight on Chillone's Spoilin... MDSkinner 05-12-04 6
 RE: Hindsight on Chillone's Spoilin... Brownroach 05-12-04 7
 ChillOne = BS AyaK 05-12-04 8
   RE: ChillOne = BS Brownroach 05-12-04 9
       RE: ChillOne = BS thun 05-12-04 10
           RE: ChillOne = BS Brownroach 05-12-04 11
   RE: ChillOne = BS Skiver 05-12-04 12
       RE: ChillOne = BS Brownroach 05-12-04 13
           RE: ChillOne = BS Skiver 05-19-04 19
   RE: ChillOne = BS SurvivorBlows 05-14-04 17
 The last word on ChillOne AyaK 05-12-04 14
   RE: The last word on ChillOne Wacko Jacko 05-14-04 15
 RE: Herd mentality ADKer 05-14-04 16
   RE: Herd mentality SurvivorBlows 05-14-04 18
   idiot alert shakes the clown 05-20-04 20
       RE: Is this the American way?(are y... ADKer 06-02-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Hindsight on Chillone's Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-04 AT 05:38 AM (EST)

Chill One

Tina
Colby
Ethan
Jenna M.
Jerri
Kathy
Lex
Rich
Rob C.
Rudy
Sue
Alicia
Shii Ann
Big Tom
Rupert
Jenna L.
Amber
Rob M.

Actual

Tina
Rudy
Jenna M
Rob C
Richard
Susan (quit)
Colby
Ethan
Jerri
Lex
Kathy
Alicia
Shii-Ann
Tom
Rupert
Jenna L.
Rob M.
Amber

05-11-04, 07:50 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Hindsight on Chillone's Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-04 AT 07:53 PM (EST)

http://www.thechillone.com/all-stars.pdf

Unless Chillone changed this after the fact, he correctly gives the final 7 in order on pages 26-29. I find no record of where he provides a boot order prior to the final 7, other than the guess that Ethan goes early.

Edited to add:

Isn't the list you provided sleek28's boot list? Seems like we're talking about different things here.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 05:37 AM (EST)
4. "My bad..."
I cut and pasted the wrong column...

I fixed the table.

05-12-04, 09:39 AM (EST)
5. "RE: My bad..."
Still doesn't match the boot order I'm referring to:
See pages 26-29.

What's your source for the boot order you posted?

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-04, 07:53 PM (EST)
3. "Actually..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-04 AT 08:01 PM (EST)

I recently read this report:
linked from snewser:
http://survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=spoilers
It did contain the final 7 spot on. (Ok, you have to weed through a lot of #### to get to pp. 27-28 for the real thing...)

I never bothered to read this until two weeks ago. But I have to agree with thun, we should have given it more attention.

ETA: As much as it pains me to acknowledge, I lurked a lot in the MESS hall and Sucks spoilers this season to compare our insights with theirs. I would not have ended in the top 10 in Spoiler Island without their insights....

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Hindsight on Chillone's Spoiling"
Just out of curiousity, how did the "ball get dropped" on this one?

This was all discussed ad-naseum. Chillone became questionable at the very first episode, because of the fact that he stuck to his guns that Ethan was leaving and then come the last day before the first episode aired he backed off did a total 180 and said "new intel" is saying Tina. When a person comes off like this, they lose a tremendous amount of credibility, and quite frankly, SNewser all along had this group as the final 7 as well. For all I know, Chill One wrote this stuff after seeing Snewsers list and he changed it around a little and got lucky.

I would argue that absolutely no ball was dropped on this one. In fact, I would say that from a spoiling standpoint, this season was better spoiled than any other season.

Props to Chill One for having the final 7 correct. Now if he can just get the rest of it going, so that he appears to have credibility, he will be set.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Hindsight on Chillone's Spoiling"
I was well aware that the ChillOne's information on the final 7 turned out to be correct.

What I disliked about the ChillOne's "spoiler" was that it was apparently unconfirmed by any additional, reliable, sources. Much as he did in the Amazon, he simply took the word of "The Man" at face value, and then reported what he was told as if there could not possibly be any mistake about it. Imo, he was just lucky that he was handed the final 7 boots in order this time.

Other seasoned spoilers, most notably Snewser, check and double-check and triple-check their information, and DON'T reveal their sources. Snewser never posts a set-in-stone boot list before the show starts.

So I'm not really sure what kind of credit the ChillOne deserves here. Yes, his info was correct, after the fact, but I still think his methods of spoiling invite and will continue to invite skepticism.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
8. "ChillOne = BS"
Here was ChillOne's prediction of order as of 1/21:

(1) Rob M. (2) Amber, (3) Jenna L., (4) Rupert, (5) Shii Ann, (6) Alicia and (7) Tom.

Ah, but here was Snewser's prediction as of 1/4:

(1) Jenna L., (2) Rob M., (3) Amber, (4) Rupert, (5) Tom, (6) Shii Ann, (7) Alicia, (8) Kathy, (9) Lex.

Snewser immediately revealed that he didn't know the order of finish in the top three because he kept swapping them, starting on 1/5, but usually with Jenna or Rob in first. Seems to me that all ChillOne did was pick an order. I saw no evidence that ChillOne actually "spoiled" ANYTHING in Panama, though I do believe that he went there.

ChillOne DID spoil part of the results of Survivor: The Amazon, although my posts in this thread show how he oversold what he did after the fact.

I see absolutely nothing of spoiler value in ChillOne, especially since Snewser had the names of the final nine COLD over two weeks earlier. The lack of discussion was completely appropriate, in my view.

Why give a con man any more props than the ones he gives himself?

05-12-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
9. "RE: ChillOne = BS"
AyaK, you are correct that ChillOne originally had the last three as 5) Shii Ann, 6) Alicia, 7) Tom -- but in the press release he issued (also on 1/21) he said:

* The fifth through seventh-place finishers are Tom Buchanan, Shii Ann Huang, and Alicia Calaway

which implies Tom was fifth. In any case, this is just more evidence that he was changing his information around willy nilly. I agree that the lack of discussion was totally warranted.

05-12-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
10. "RE: ChillOne = BS"
Okay, I wasn't aware that he was claiming different boot orders shortly before (and after maybe?) issuance of the pdf release. Does anyone have a link to this? I also wasn't aware that others had the same final 7 in similar order prior to his release... Thanks for the clarification.

05-12-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
11. "RE: ChillOne = BS"
The board's thread on C1 is archived here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=4690&forum=DCForumID2&archive=yes

Skiver 1118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: ChillOne = BS"
While we're talking about how ChillOne is full of crap, here's a link to a satirical article about ChillOne's prowess that I posted on bashers at the end of S6. It basically took C1's own comments about his Amazon 'intel' and tried to show how ridiculous he was.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1981&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

05-12-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
13. "RE: ChillOne = BS"
I remembered this recently, Skiver, and I went through the archive to find and reread it. It's truly hilarious!

Skiver 1118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-19-04, 05:39 PM (EST)
19. "RE: ChillOne = BS"
Thanks BR.

On a related note, I've just posted a new (but similar) attack on ChillOne's credibility - and, while I was about it, his morality and his ability as a writer - in Bashers, based on his 'Piece of A.S.S.' article.

Skiver

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
17. "RE: ChillOne = BS"
What AK said... ChillOne's "info" would have been a lot more compelling if it hadn't come weeks after others with a lot better track record had already released 90% of the same info.

Why is ChillOne getting "props" and not Snewser??? Because Snewser doesn't put out press releases and a "book" trumpeting himself and revising history in which he pats himself on the back???

ChillOne is a glory-seeking fraud -- nothing more, nothing less, and I'm about "thisclose" from being so sick of hearing about that guy that I'm ready to add his name to the message board's bad word filter

-SB

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 09:18 PM (EST)
14. "The last word on ChillOne"
I'm going to give the last word on ChiliOne (unless anyone wants to pile on and insult this DAW-turned-con man some more) to my old friend Griffe, who is responsible for a lot of the early spoiling of All-Stars that you saw on Survivor News:

(her entire post is here):

From what my Contadora friend told me, ChillOne was there on Contadora just the way he said he was and did make those trips to the camps with Jayson as his guide. As to whether he met with someone the way he describes it in his story, my friend doesn't really know. But his story does seem to have been embellished to give it a flair for the dramatique... ex: saying that "the man" knew of him and his book. The thing is that ChillOne brought his book with him and offered autographed copies to people hence the story would have gotten around anyway. So really I think he created his own reputation that same day as opposed to people knowing of him through warnings from CBS. Besides which I think he was there on December 20th which means almost all the Survivor crew was gone by then (except maybe the accounting staff for final paycheques to the locals).

One thing for sure is that I seriously doubt anyone from CBS was involved in any type of misinformation campaign. The locals do quite well in misinformation all by themselves mostly because of their poor recollections of events, the lack of interest in Survivor details such as boot order, their desire to please hence they will pass off their own speculations as facts.

It's no easy task to separate fact from fiction from them and spending one day with them, as ChillOne did, isn't enough to get a strong grasp of accurate spoilers. But ChillOne maybe got lucky in that a lot of the information was already available on the internet by the time he got to write his report.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-14-04, 10:06 AM (EST)
15. "RE: The last word on ChillOne"
I didn't read spoilers either but Rudy and Sue making the jury was WAY OFF. How could he put someone voted of second on the jury.

Most sites nailed the order correctly on a weekly basis.

Personally I don't enjoy spoilers. Somebody has inside information and of course there are people out there that knew who won.

My wife heard Rob and Amber were teh final two real early on. I told her not to tell me and I was glad. Although Probst gave out some clues like how angry the jury was and how ugly the final tribal council was.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Herd mentality"
As much as I enjoy this board, I do believe that there is a herd mentality among some of the regulars some of the time. It hurts the quality of the spoiling some of the time, which is no big deal, but other times it is unduly harsh, inaccurate and cruel. Chillone may in fact be full of **** but so are some of the speculative posts that I saw this season. I am referring to the posts about Ethan embarrassing himself, or Rawb exposing conduct by Ethan in his social life that would be embarassing to Ethan. Ethan was angry that his friend Lex betrayed him, then Ethan let it go and moved on. Lex is the person who just keeps on embarassing himself. I have not seen anyone on this board acknowledge how inaccurate their speculation was. I note that Varner made no effort to correct the anti-Ethan speculation that was based on Varner's leaks and indicate that Lex and Kathy were the survivors he was referring to who would not be happy with their portrayals in All Stars.

This board often congratulates itself for having more class and perspective than Sucks, but I believe that some of the posters should try a little harder to live up to that claim.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Herd mentality"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-04 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

> Chillone may in fact be full of ****
>but so are some of the speculative posts that I
>saw this season. I am referring to the posts
>about Ethan embarrassing himself, or Rawb
>exposing conduct by Ethan in his social life that
>would be embarassing to Ethan. Ethan was angry that
>his friend Lex betrayed him, then Ethan let it go
>and moved on. Lex is the person who just
>keeps on embarassing himself.

Well Ethan did embarrass himself... and did you miss the reports that the scene was also supposedly edited to be a lot more mild than aired? You understand that Varner's reports were based on what HAPPENED during production and unable to control what would be SHOWN, correct? Funny how you don't even acknowledge all of Varner's other accuracies, like the whole Rich/Sue event, another quitting, etc.

>I have not seen anyone on this board acknowledge how
>inaccurate their speculation was.

Varner reported it, why would "this board" acknowledge it? Varner doesn't post here, so what are you expecting? Your beef is with Varner, so go complain to jeffvarner.com. As for each poster "acknowledging" their personal inaccuracy... huh... what do you want, a giant "Mea Culpa" thread? OK, then go ahead and start it. But why? Does any sports columnist acknowledge when any potential trade, etc. they'd suspected doesn't happen? Does a stock analyst acknowledge every stock pick of theirs that didn't plan it? Does a movie critic acknowledge it when a movie they panned scores big at the box office? Then why should anyone here be creating new threads to "acknowledge" their speculation was wrong -- "speculation" is just that.

In the meantime, we'll stick with analyzing the "announcements" of the folks who put out formal press releases and campaigned for media interviews... any posters other than ChillOne who did so, please step forward and be judged. Oh wait -- there aren't any others... woops, guess we'll just have to stick with this fraud then.

>I note that Varner made
>no effort to correct the anti-Ethan speculation that was based
>on Varner's leaks and indicate that Lex and Kathy were
>the survivors he was referring to who would not be
>happy with their portrayals in All Stars.

Your issue is with Varner, not this forum... so what's your point -- that there should be another topic ripping Varner's "bunk" intel? Again, feel free to start it...

>This board often congratulates itself for
>having more class and perspective than Sucks, but I believe
>that some of the posters should try a little harder
>to live up to that claim.

I intentionally kept this site out of any "board wars" years ago and have no intention of letting you take us into any now and fail to see what Sucks or any other site has to do with the topic at hand, namely ChillOne's self-congratulatory proclaimations.

You understand Chillone != Sucks, right???

-SB

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-20-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
20. "idiot alert"
hey adker, are you really that stupid that you don't know the difference between what we do on the spoiler boards and what ChillOne attempted to do?

One is called speculating the other is called passing off bad info as fact and using it to try to gain notoriety and money.

I have NEVER seen an established poster from this board post something that he/she claims to be fact only to have it later turn out to be BS.

ChillOne posted a boot list which he claimed was verified by a source. He didn't say he was speculating as to a boot list. No, he claimed he had the boot list.

Around here, many of us post boot lists, but they aren't called boot lists, they are called PTTE and they are based on speculation rather than made up BS.

If you honestly can't tell the difference between what ChillONe did and what we do on the spoiler board then I suggest you stay away from this board cause you are obviously too stupid to grasp the many theories and ideas that are talked about here regularly. I suggest the American Idol fanboy board, that seems to be more your speed.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-02-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Is this the American way?(are you telling me to shut up?)"
I missed the part of my post that defended Chill One. It must have been somewhere between the lines but I just can't find it. Am I stupid... that is hard to answer since it is all a matter of degree. I do know the difference between moot and mute, but there are a lot of other things that I do not know.

Webby - thanks for setting me straight. I was buying way too much into Jerri's comments about "reality stars are people too". Where's the fun in that approach to reality tv?

I am glad to see that I did not cause a board war. I do apologize if my comments were inflamatory in that respect.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •