The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Could Ethan quit as well?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-11-04, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Could Ethan quit as well?"
This is way early in the process, but here is the theory.

Let's assume there is a merge next week first of all. We don't have any challenge photos in the previews which is always a hint that we are switching to indivdual immunities. Secondly, we have ambassadors which means merge.

Of course there is alwasy the possibilty of fake merge, but that was probably the dumbest thing Burnett ever did and I doubt he'll be that stupid again.

So, we have a merge. We also don't have Colby. So, who is the biggest physical threat on MogoMogo and therefore the likely boot....Ethan of course.

So, Ethan goes into the merge knowing he has the target on his back. He also knows that he already carries the biggest target as the lone former winner remaining. Plus, he now knows that he has no alliance and even good pal Lex isn't gonna save him this time around.

Now, to top it off he has to deal with Rob and his status as top dog in the dominant alliance. Now, lets assume that Rob starts his "outing" of Ethan this episode....and what if the teasing gets so bad that Ethan, already dealing with the pressure of being next to go anyway and now having to deal with a hostile living environment, says the heck with it, has his little hissy fit about how "people aren't playing with class" and "there's no chance as a former winner" and "you think certain people are your friends" and "blah blah blah"

...and then rather than dealing with it any longer he goes and throws in his torch.

...or, more likely, he just gets voted off in a regular pagong vote with no drama...but where's the fun in that?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Could Ethan quit as well? Wheezy 03-11-04 1
 Please, no more!!! tribephyl 03-11-04 2
 sounds plausible TeamJoisey 03-11-04 3
   RE: sounds plausible flower 03-11-04 5
   duh! Stupid me shakes the clown 03-11-04 6
       RE: duh! Stupid me TeamJoisey 03-11-04 7
       Crisis not necessarily a quit Round Robin 03-12-04 9
           RE: Crisis not necessarily a quit TeamJoisey 03-12-04 11
   RE: sounds plausible strid333 03-12-04 14
       RE: sounds plausible TeamJoisey 03-12-04 16
 RE: Could Ethan quit as well? Jims02 03-11-04 4
 RE: Could Ethan quit as well? Dapper 03-11-04 8
   yawn shakes the clown 03-12-04 12
       RE: yawn raidersfantom 03-12-04 28
           RE: yawn sorgee 03-13-04 40
 RE: Could Ethan quit as well? fletcherdt 03-12-04 10
 the one problem I'm having. shakes the clown 03-12-04 13
   It still works TeamJoisey 03-12-04 15
   RE: the one problem I'm having. cowboyroo 03-12-04 17
       RE: the one problem I'm having. Desert Trip 03-12-04 18
           RE: the one problem I'm having. EMT135 03-12-04 19
   RE: the one problem I'm having. PepeLePew13 03-12-04 20
       CBS News CantStandToLook 03-12-04 21
       RE: the one problem I'm having. love2smile 03-12-04 22
           RE: the one problem I'm having. Pensha26 03-12-04 23
               RE: the one problem I'm having. Godd3ss 03-12-04 25
           RE: the one problem I'm having. Bebo 03-12-04 24
               RE: the one problem I'm having. Devious Weasel 03-12-04 30
               RE: the one problem I'm having. love2smile 03-12-04 33
 RE: Could Ethan quit as well? mmm_link 03-12-04 26
   RE: Could Ethan quit as well? Flowerpower 03-12-04 27
       RE: Could Ethan quit as well? raidersfantom 03-12-04 29
           RE: Survivor Crisis GalaxyGirl 03-12-04 31
 RE: Could Ethan quit as well? Brownroach 03-12-04 32
   RE: Could Ethan quit as well? Round Robin 03-12-04 34
       RE: Could Ethan quit as well? thetick 03-13-04 35
   RE: Could Ethan quit as well? tinybubs 03-13-04 37
 Maybe Ethan Quits the tribe. JonBGone 03-13-04 36
   RE: Maybe Ethan Quits the tribe. ADKer 03-13-04 38
 RE: Could Ethan quit as well? ValleyGirl 03-13-04 39
 the sad sad fate of mogo mogo badger 03-14-04 41
   RE: the sad sad fate of mogo mogo Dregar 03-15-04 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-04, 09:42 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"

I believe everyone from this point on, quits.

Wheeze

what happens when the quit boat is otherwise occupato transporting a quitter, and another person decides to quit? it's a whole new game. People lying on the beach in rows, waiting to be rescued by the quit boat.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-04, 09:53 PM (EST)
2. "Please, no more!!!"
No more quitters!!!! ARGH!

Not that your scenario isn't plausible.
Because frankly, Ethans, "Woe is me, I'm such a loser.", speech has potential quitter written all over it. And with the possibility of merging with Rob and Amber (and Jenna) and the potential rivalry between said few. he will certainly feel like he has no chance.
My only hope is he quits with honor, like Osten did, at TC. (Wow! Never thought I'd say that.)

What a bunch of wusses.
As I've said before, AllStars my ASS!!!

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner
"I just had to get those guys comfortable riding the big banana. And they did." King Dicque(RIP)

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-11-04, 10:16 PM (EST)
3. "sounds plausible"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-04 AT 10:26 PM (EST)

This also dovetails nicely with Jiffy's comment that on Day 21 the producers were in crisis mode.

Ethan is already the luckiest player in the game. He's been the target since Day 4, and dodged the bullet every time. But it has to be wearing hime out mentally.

With Colby's ouster, Ethan's the odd man out in his own tribe. He's perceived as a big threat for individual immunity, and he's wearing the biggest target because he's a former winner.

Over at Chapera, they dislike him even more. Rob will torture him, Rupert bugs him, Jenna and Amber are former girlfriends. Tom probably wants revenge.

Ethan's toast. Even if he were to survive another TC, there's no way he can survive two more. He can't win, he knows it.

So, yeah, he goes home.

Send in the S.S. Osten!

Edited for tyops.

flower 97 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-11-04, 10:39 PM (EST)
5. "RE: sounds plausible"
Could Ethan possibly be performing badly as a strategy?? Maybe he's trying to not look like a threat or something! I don't believe he all of a sudden turned into a wimpy player!! He is right when he says they should take him to the end because they aren't going to vote for him to win again!!

03-11-04, 10:55 PM (EST)
6. "duh! Stupid me"
>This also dovetails nicely with Jiffy's
>comment that on Day 21
>the producers were in crisis
>mode.

...Doh! That's what friggen made me think of this in the first place and I forgot to mention it in my original post. Thanks for bringing it up.

03-11-04, 11:17 PM (EST)
7. "RE: duh! Stupid me"

Oddly enough, I knew you probably just forgot to say it.

You get to this conclusion when you start with "crisis mode" question.

I've been waiting to see what might have made the producers panicky. Another quit is the logical answer, and Ethan is the logical choice.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-12-04, 00:42 AM (EST)
9. "Crisis not necessarily a quit"
The producers being in crisis mode on Day 21 might not have jack squat to do with Ethan or anybody new quitting. Day 21 is only 4 days after Sue quit, and I think it is likely that on day 21 the producers were still dealing with the aftermath of that and especially with her talk of suing.

03-12-04, 00:45 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Crisis not necessarily a quit"
Jeff's quote was talking about the game. The game was in crisis mode. The sue crisis was tangential.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 00:56 AM (EST)
14. "RE: sounds plausible"
>This also dovetails nicely with Jiffy's
>comment that on Day 21
>the producers were in crisis
>mode.

Ah but couldn't this also be something like a huge storm destroyed all kinds of equipment and the crew's home? (Throwing this out to be devil's advocate and to say that I have some wishful thinking that yet another player won't osten the game. Let's be honest, the osten episodes were pathetically boring.)

Three is the perfect number.

03-12-04, 01:07 AM (EST)
16. "RE: sounds plausible"
Well, there are lots of things that might be a crisis, but Jeff was talking in the context of the game.
They've been through big storms before, even in the Pearl Islands. And there are no reports of overwhelming atmospheric cataclysms during the time they were filming. I really think the "crisis" has to do with the crappy way the All-Star Game is turning out.

And Ethan might not osten, he might just throw a big hissy fit and throw himself onto the chopping block.
Supposing Mogo loses the next challenge. Ethan decides his heart is not in the game, and tells the rest of the Mogos that he's ready to go home. At TC, they grant that wish.

Shakes' idea is plausible, but I agree it is not something we'd like to see.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-04, 10:33 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-04 AT 10:34 PM (EST)

Eh... He might quit but I'm doubting it right now.

All Star Survivor seems to be a season all about disappointment (twists/casting/etc). I hope to see Ethan blow up and quit, but he'll probably just get kicked off unanimously...

Edited cuz I didn't know the acronym is censored now...

Dapper 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-11-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"
whats happenin folks? just thought i'd add my two cents to the subject, and ask you fine spoiling people a question.

2 cents first: i am a newbie, and i sure as heck pay homage to y'all for your spoiling. in my opinion, i don't think ethan will quit because the guy is a competitor, and i don't think qutting is an option for him (professional soccer player and all)

now my question: i read a post on here about a week ago from some dude named pig spanker 3000, claiming that another site uncovered the boot order. the thread got locked, but i looked at it tonight and it did have the last 2 boots correct, even correctly stating that sue would quit. so i just want to know why you guys think that list is wrong?
(because i like it a lot more than the other lists)

thanks

03-12-04, 00:46 AM (EST)
12. "yawn"
>>now my question: i read a
>post on here about a
>week ago from some dude
>named pig spanker 3000, claiming
>that another site uncovered the
>boot order. the thread got
>locked, but i looked at
>it tonight and it did
>have the last 2 boots
>correct, even correctly stating that
>sue would quit. so i
>just want to know why
>you guys think that list
>is wrong?
>(because i like it a lot
>more than the other lists)

now, here's your answer: Shut up.

>
>thanks

...your very welcome.

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-12-04, 09:24 AM (EST)
28. "RE: yawn"
ROTFL

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-13-04, 06:17 PM (EST)
40. "RE: yawn"
you just gotta love shakes sometimes.

fletcherdt 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-12-04, 00:44 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"
If Ethan does throw a big, fat hissy and quits -- then why portray him so sympathetically? (that's not 'pathetically', Shakes). I think he is portrayed as the nice guy... he does not ever complain or #####, in fact, he really seems to be a good guy --- he goofs up on the challenges... what kind of threat could he possibly be? .. everyone knows he won't win, why not take him with ya? I hope the "fit thing " is wrong, I just can't see any justification in the editing for him being a whiner/quitter. I don't see the setup at all. In fact, I have a theory that maybe he could go far, I know, all the spoilers are against me,and Boston Rob probably has it out for him, but for a strong player, Ethan really is not edited as a threat. I am a newbie and you are the expert Shakes, but I am the "average" viewer and Burnett has to play up that, he hasn't made me want the Ethan boot yet, like all the others before him.

03-12-04, 00:50 AM (EST)
13. "the one problem I'm having."
...Ethan quitting is contingent on the "crisis mode" spoiler, which if accurate means that it has to happen this episode.

The problem I'm having, then, is that if we know the next two boots are Ethan and Jerri I just can't come up with a plausible scenario that has Ethan going before Jerri.

Actually, I can come up with one. Merge, Ethan goes next. Then, in the next ep, Lex wins immunity and Chapera decides to spare Kathy as a possible recruit for down the road and instead votes out Jerri or ShiAnn....Jerri could and probably would get the boot at that point.

But, another problem is that Jerri's story/character arc totally peaked tonight with her accomplsihing her lone goal of beating Colby. In editing terms, that means she is free to boot now...as in next episode.

03-12-04, 01:01 AM (EST)
15. "It still works"
We saw Day 19.

When they arrive for the RC on Day 20, they merge.
And Ethan decides to quit. No IC.
Day 21, crisis mode.

Next boot: Jerri

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-12-04, 01:08 AM (EST)
17. "RE: the one problem I'm having."
Is it possible that the ambassadors become a part of the other tribe for one Immunity Challenge, and are immune for that tribe kinda like Rupert last season, then we merge in Ep. 9. This would be perfect for a Jerri boot next week, and an Ethan boot post-merge in Ep. 9.

Desert Trip 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-12-04, 01:41 AM (EST)
18. "RE: the one problem I'm having."
Forgive my stupidity, but wasn't there a teaser clip at the end of last weeks show where we are told someone else quit and then we see Shian and others act shocked?

If this is so, and if Ethan (or someone) does quit on day 21, then I think we can assume that it didn't happen at the tribal council as the surprising information was disclosed in daylight. Unless of course, that clip was from the day after.

Then again, maybe I was hallucinating and I misunderstood the preview clip last week (that I looked for this week).

damn senior moments

EMT135 52 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 05:32 AM (EST)
19. "RE: the one problem I'm having."
Any one of these scenarios is possible and logical.
The original quitter spoilers came from what source? Varner? Knowing the specific wording might shed some light.
I thought it was mentioned that, after JennaM, "another player quits." Sounds like one person (Sue).
That's not to say there couldn't be another, but if the original info was from Varner, my guess is he'd be hinting more at another departure as it neared.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 06:37 AM (EST)
20. "RE: the one problem I'm having."
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-04 AT 06:39 AM (EST)

>The problem I'm having, then, is
>that if we know the
>next two boots are Ethan
>and Jerri I just can't
>come up with a plausible
>scenario that has Ethan going
>before Jerri.

It makes sense to me. They merge. Ethan is perceived as a strong IC threat and they know he's won in this game before, so don't give him a chance to win ICs. Ethan used to date Lamber so Rob wants to dump him. Jenna wants all former winners out (especially one that she used to date!). Rob likes having the ladies around and he hasn't had to deal with Jerri yet, so she hasn't had a chance to annoy him enough to push her over the side of the boat. We've already seen Rob's "pretty boy" contempt for Ethan.

So that's how Ethan is more likely to go before Jerri. I agree that if Mogo Mogo stay together, Jerri would probably be the more likely boot before Ethan.

>But, another problem is that Jerri's
>story/character arc totally peaked tonight
>with her accomplsihing her lone
>goal of beating Colby.
>In editing terms, that means
>she is free to boot
>now...as in next episode.

That's troubling me as well. My only thought is that she's now "useless" and ready to be discarded at a moment's notice, in terms of editing.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 08:16 AM (EST)
21. "CBS News"
I dont have much to add to this discussion but a former survivor Susan Cooper??? was on the Early News this morning saying that next week Mogo Mogo implodes. Did anyone else catch that this morning?

"Winter toast by JSlice"

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 08:24 AM (EST)
22. "RE: the one problem I'm having."
I thought Ethan dated the other Jenna (the one who left to be with her mom).

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-12-04, 08:36 AM (EST)
23. "RE: the one problem I'm having."
I could be mistaken but he has gone out with Amber and Jenna L. He currently going out with Jenna M. Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 08:59 AM (EST)
25. "RE: the one problem I'm having."
I think he is currently dating Jenna M (as you stated). In a chat with Jenna M, they asked her about a crush on Ethan and she made some comment as how it was more than a crush and it was both ways. It is like one big incestual survivor sex pool.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 08:53 AM (EST)
24. "RE: the one problem I'm having."
Ethan has dated both Jennas and Amber.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
30. "RE: the one problem I'm having."
So we need to line up another Amber for him?

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
33. "RE: the one problem I'm having."
Thanks! I wasn't aware that he dated Jenna from season 1. ICK! What was he thinking??

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-12-04, 09:06 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"
Could Ethan have seen the consequences of an Osten style quitting before "All Stars" started? I mean two left before TC, but I can't imagine they wouldn't wait until TC to officially lay down Ethan's torch.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 09:19 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-04 AT 09:22 AM (EST)

Well, as far as rationale for boots goes, I'm with Pepe's logic as stated above....If they merge, I would have to say that Ethan would be the most likely boot, if no merge, then I'd have to say that Jerri's edit is done.

As far as Ethan quitting, he was quoted in the Survivor Insider after last nights episode as saying he voted for Jerri, because as far as she was concerned she had quit the game the night of the big storm...and he did'nt have any respect for quitters, blah, blah, blah... I just can't see Ethan quitting.

Perhaps, the ambassadors from each tribe just go over to the other tribe to live for awhile, yet no merge next week. Robfadda is picked as the ambassador for Chappy, and the sparks start to fly between him and Ethan...thus leading to the hissy fit, perhaps he expresses his desire to quit....blah, blah, blah.
Or, perhaps Ethan is the ambassador for the Mogo's and goes to live with the Chappy's. With no one around to shield him, and play the diplomat, Robfadda lights into him causing Ethan to rant and rave and tell Jiffy that he wants to go back to his own tribe, the Mogo's right now, or I'll quit?

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 09:36 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"
Flower I like that theory a lot. Ethan would be one of the ones chosen to go over as ambassador because his alliance with Colby was smashed last night. When the ambassador's at Marquesas went, they were virtually the tribe outsiders(Kathy and Rob). In so much as Rob was pretty well on the outs with the rotu4, and maybe he thought he could get back in good graces if it was a challenge, and Kathy hadn't really bonded with anyone at that point of the game.

I can see Lex sending Ethan over to Chapera, because he won't want Ethan to get a chance to connive with his harem at any point. Besides, any chance to weaken the big physical threat at this point is in Lex's best interest, as was shown last night as well.

I must add though, that after watching last night's episode, Ethan is getting the "good guy" editing again. He just seems to be so lucky and so humble. A former winner still around at this point just makes me wonder, could he be going a lot farther then we give credit to?

GalaxyGirl 62 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 11:18 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Survivor Crisis"
I can see the producers begging Ethan not to quit if they have any inkling. However, if he breaks a bone, there may not be a choice as to his leaving.

That being said the producers need to come up with an alternate game plan for quiters then just not having a tribal counsel.

Here's a possibility:

Have alternate survivors living in the losers camp or one like it. They live meagerly (like the ghost tribe) and if one of the other tribe members quit, the Alternate team has a challenge with each other and the winner gets to go onto the team who lost a member due to quitting. The new member gets immunity and can't be voted off. Then the challenge for immunity takes place and the losing team goes to tribal counsel.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 11:21 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-04 AT 11:55 AM (EST)

I've long assumed that Ethan's hissy fit was going to come about pretty much how you describe it here.

Ethan *might* start making noises about quitting, which would certainly send Jeff and the production crew into a tizzy -- "oh no, not again!" Or maybe he just gets so agitated and vocal (like Sue) that they anticipate he's gonna quit. "Crisis mode" may just mean that they were really, really worried about more people quitting by that point, not that someone else actually did it.

I think Ethan doesn't actually quit, whenever he leaves. If he mentions quitting, either he's not completely serious about it, or he gets talked out of it somehow (by Jeff?).

But I do agree with you that Jerri's imminent boot was wrapped up with a bow last night, and it seems like she should go next. I guess she could semi-disappear for one week though.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 11:45 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-04 AT 11:50 PM (EST)

It might be that, rather than a full blown quit or threat to quit by Ethan, Rob's outing of Ethan's history as a ladies' man and/or two timer causes enough unpleasantries around camp that the producers EXPECT trouble and start preparing to deal with it, or it might be that Rob is only running his mouth about it in confessionals, and the producers are praying it all doesn't come out in the open and eff up the game and/or cause lawsuits. And after all the trouble that has happened already, I'm sure they'll be pretty careful in their editing of this as they were with Soozin vs. Dicque. Also in the mix is the death of Jenna Morasca's mother, which would have happened on Day 17 and of which the producers were probably aware by day 21. They might have been wrestling with whether or when to tell the other A.S.S. players, and that might have added to the crisis atmosphere coming as it did right around the same time all the Sue/Rich stuff and the Ethan/Rob stuff was going on. And don't forget that A) Jeffo has openly admitted that SeeBS and Burn-it are passing out misinformation to raise doubts about the spoilers' accuracy, and B) Jeffo and Burn-it are both notorious for overhyping the hell out of almost everything big that has ever happened on Survivor and for making insignificant trifles SEEM big. So just because Jeffo was spouting this "crisis mode" stuff, don't go swallowing it whole. There's a pretty large probability that he's just blowing smoke up our asses.

thetick 279 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-13-04, 03:25 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"
I've read too many threads and stories on too many different sites to remember exactly where, but somewhere in the past few days I read an account of JP, MB and company finding out about Jenna's mom but as the Sue stuff happened right then, they definitely decided not to mention it to the contestants. This info was not the main thrust of the story/thread just peripheral to it. Can anyone help with a reference?

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-13-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"

...Jerri's imminent boot was wrapped up with a bow last night
If anyone would quit Jerri would be my choice. She started out strong in the game but has reverted to her old ways and has become the fifth wheel in MM. She knows she's on the chopping block and with her nemisis Colby gone, doesn't seem to have a purpose anymore. I could see her quitting before Ethan putting the game into "crisis mode".

As for Ethan, unless he is injured and can't compete, I can't see him quitting. He never could have had become a pro athelete if he quit when the situation didn't look good for him. Survivor is not soccer, but it is still a game and he is a competitor. The fact that he has stayed in the game this long, knowing he was a big target, would only encourage him to continue.

JonBGone 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-13-04, 04:45 AM (EST)
36. "Maybe Ethan Quits the tribe."
Perhaps Ethan does not want to quit the show but tries to quit the tribe. His hissy fit could be storming off to live on his own away from the misery associated with Jerri and Shii Ann.

Just a thought.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Maybe Ethan Quits the tribe."
I still think that Ethan is more likely to lose his temper over Lex's actions than anything that Rob M may do. You expect a jerk to be a jerk but there was alot of trust betrayed between Lex and Ethan. Ethan has tried hard for a long time to play the game but, except for Colby, has been pretty completely shut out. Jerky behavior by Rob M. might get a rise out of Ethan but I think that the Lex betrayal would be more upsetting. Lex was not that easy betraying Colby (Lex was careful to say that he hoped that their friendship survived); Lex will likely be even more uneasy and defensive about betraying Ethan. It could be pretty raw.

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-13-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Could Ethan quit as well?"
<Ethan feels blindsided by MogoMogo's tribal council decision>

Whether this is enough to make Ethan quit, only time will tell.

As ADker says, "Lex's betrayal may be more upsetting".

Possibly after Ethan has had time to reflect (as did Sue) then maybe the full impact of all of this becomes too much for Ethan and he pulls a "Sue".
Valley Girl
"I can't believe Lex wouldn't tell me, I thought we were friends? ....."

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-14-04, 07:37 PM (EST)
41. "the sad sad fate of mogo mogo"
i have a hard time picturing ethan quitting (for the reasons many have pointed out above), although i can easily imagine him throwing a hissy fit that frightens the producers. after losing 2 asses this season, i think mb and crew would be very jumpy about any mumblings and dissatisfaction and do whatever it takes to insure ethan stays (even if it's just to be booted at a subsequent TC).

but i also have a hard time understanding why mogo mogo would boot ethan next. i mean, having got rid of colby and lost the following challenge, you'd think they'd be willing to keep some "strength" -- particularly knowing that ethan will have a target on his back as a previous winner. furthermore, since jerri and shii ann are both highly annoying and relatively weak, they seem like far more likely candidates for the next boot.

and since jerri's storyline has climaxed with the ousting of colby, she really does seem prime to go.

Dregar 75 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
42. "RE: the sad sad fate of mogo mogo"
>and since jerri's storyline has climaxed
>with the ousting of colby,
>she really does seem prime
>to go.

I also see Jerri going next.. Here's is my take on what could happen;
Lex doesn't tell Ethan about the Colby boot because he is setting himself up for next TC vote swing. Lex could approach Ethan and say, the reason I didn't tell you about Colby was to make it look like you (Ethan) were the outsider and a sure boot at the next TC. Instead he'll ask Ethan to join him, SA and Kathy to get rid of Jerri..why not take a winner further..even into the merge where RobM, is waiting to boot the ex. Lex has to know of Ethans past relationships and how they can haunt Ethan later. Hissy fit will be after the merge since Ethan will make the merge and realize that with all his ex girlfriends and RobM getting on him how he's beat him at every challenge and taken his women..Ethan knows it's just a TC away from a boot..he ponders quitting but I don't beleive he does, because of the ghost of a chance he has of not being voted out and maybe outlasting RoBM. which would show his ex's who the man really is...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •