The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mistake-what do you think?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SuperDork 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-12-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mistake-what do you think?"
Hi Guys. Just wondering what you guys think of ShiiAnn's decision to vote with Lex and send Colby packing. I wonder if it was smart. I think it was the smartest thing Lex could have done, but for Shii Ann, I wonder, because...If Shii Ann had tried going to Colby, and telling him about Lex's plan, let's say Ethan, Colby, and Shii Ann would've instead voted out Lex. Now, it's debatable if Colby would've wanted to align with Shii Ann in the first place, but
A. Watching Africa, Lex is just as physically dominating, dangerous to have around, and won tons of rewards and immunity challenges as Colby did, so he is also a very strong competitor, so I think he is very threatening
B. I think Colby is more predictable than Lex, so if you have Colby around, I think it would be easier to figure out what his game plan could be, than what Lex is going to do
C. I think that by siding with Lex, Shii Ann is now somewhat of Lex's pawn, and he may not need her if push comes to shove, he's got Jerri in his pocket, and he's got Kathy somewhat on his side, so he is sort of 3 votes strong, and very dominant. If Shii Ann would have went to Colby and tried to swing votes Lex's way, I think Colby may have been loyal to her for saving his butt, and, respected her game play more as well, I don't think Lex would be loyal to Shii Ann. (I know Colby may not either, but I think she'd have had a better shot with Colby's loyalty Vs. Lex's.)
D. Even though Lex kept Ethan in the dark about his game plan, I wonder if there is a merge, and Lex, Ethan, and Tom will realign, as they were in Africa--this could be bad for everyone else for a number of reasons--They all do well in challenges, and, with all of them starting on different tribes, if they talk after the merge, between them, they will know every single vote that anyone's received, making them quite powerful in case of ties during tribal council. An Ethan, Tom, and Lex alliance may not happen, but if I were playing, I would want one of them out as a "just incase".
E. Voting out Lex would make Jerri the "disposable" player if they go to TC again before a merge--Now, I don't know that they would want to vote Ethan out next, because that would make Lex the sole man on the team, and getting rid of Ethan would make them weaker than it would if they got rid of Jerri or Shii Ann, and, if they do not merge and go to TC now, I think Lex would choose to vote out Shii Ann before Jerri or Kathy.
Either way, way to go Lex! Good move!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 She didn't have much choice toddE 03-12-04 1
   RE: She didn't have much choice ohboy 03-12-04 2
       RE: She didn't have much choice GalaxyGirl 03-12-04 3
           and Jiffy will make them pay! toddE 03-12-04 4
       RE: She didn't have much choice bdemoney 03-12-04 6
 Shii had a choice bobscure 03-12-04 5
   RE: Shii had a choice olTexMs 03-12-04 8
 Lex made THE mistake idiotcowboy 03-12-04 7
   RE: Lex made THE mistake bobscure 03-12-04 9
       RE: Lex made THE mistake speedyforme 03-12-04 10
 Shii Ann-Smart Move Get Bent 03-12-04 11
 RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mis... nailbone 03-12-04 12
   RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mis... Brownroach 03-12-04 13
       RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mis... redbeard103152 03-12-04 15
       RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mis... Loree 03-14-04 16
           RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mis... nailbone 03-15-04 17
 RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mis... memacmur 03-12-04 14
 Neither Oscirus 03-15-04 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-12-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
1. "She didn't have much choice"
If Shii had kept Colby, she would likely be next out. Colby didn't like or respect her, either. He even said he didn't care if Jerri or Shii got booted, they are the same in his eyes. By keeping Jerri instead of Colby, Shii has possibly doomed her tribe but improved her individual situation. This way Shii keeps Jerri as a "shield" for at least one more episode.

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-12-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
2. "RE: She didn't have much choice"
Shi Ann didn't have a choice, Colby didnt' like her and after Jerry it would have been her mind you all she really did was buy herself a few extra days, I think she will be soon. adn once the merge happends she is really done. She is so annoying. But I think Jerri is aroudn for a while

GalaxyGirl 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-12-04, 11:29 AM (EST)
3. "RE: She didn't have much choice"
Colby has told Shi-an to her face that he doesn't respect her game. Also felt like she had no power. I laughed at TC when he was pointing out that you had to keep the powerful.

Shi-an was the swing vote, and Colby was so arrogant as to remind everyone that only he counts.

P.S. did anyone else laugh hysterically when Jerri pointed out how she UPLIFTS the team? FOFLMAO

That being said, it was too early to vote out a physically strong member and the team will meet its demise as a result.

And that being said, there's too much resentment in that team for them to have a chance of winning. Lex is looking better and better.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-12-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
4. "and Jiffy will make them pay!"
It's sort of a conflict of interest, Colby and Jeff's relationship, because No Joke, Jeff will make sure Mogo pays for booting Colby. Lex is much more likable this time around, but he probably should have booted Ethan, since he hasn't really contributed much and wouldn't have pissed off the host and sole arbiter of all challenges. But his friendship with Ethan precluded that, I suppose.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-12-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
6. "RE: She didn't have much choice"
SA really didn't have a choice. She is strongly alligned with Kathy and also Lex (both through Kathy--due to her and Lex having an alliance and due to Jenna M.'s statement that she, SA, Kathy and Lex had an alliance). Colby would not have been a good ally for her at all. He did not like her and while it was not stated I doubt Ethan liked her much either.

She needed to stick with her alliance and go with their decision or risk allienating both Kathy and Lex. Now, do I think that Lex was incredibly dumb in voting off Colby....that is whole other question, but the short answer is yes, I think it was not a smart move at this point. Since they have no idea when a merge may come and now risk losing every challenge from now on. Not a wise move. (in my eyes anyway).

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-12-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
5. "Shii had a choice"
She could have gone with Jerri. Everyone would have wanted Colby gone before the merge and individual immunities. Isn't the first jury member the loser of that stupid popularity contest? Get rid of him then. There was no need to destroy Mogo Mogo's chances just yet. By voting out Colby she virtually guaranteed consecutive pre-merge Mogo losses and makes herself an easy outsider pick-off post merge.

olTexMs 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-12-04, 01:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Shii had a choice"
I posted this same thought on another link. Dumb, dumb, dumb to vote off Colby at this point. They need both he and Lex to have a chance at winning challenges. Now MM will go down in flames.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-12-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
7. "Lex made THE mistake"
There are two consideration going into the merger. One is being up on the other team (voting out your strongest competitor reduces your chance there). The other is to make sure there are boot candidates in front of you (He had two people ahead of him in Colby and Ethan... now he's got 1 and if there is no merger perhaps less than that). Lex screwed up on both accounts, and Mogo Mogo will not recover.

-ICB

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 01:44 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Lex made THE mistake"
Exactly.

Bob

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Lex made THE mistake"
i think Shii Ann was thinking in terms of "what would Kathy do?"

and didnt want to go against Lex

because when Kathy comes back, if Shii Ann went against Lex, there'd be trouble and Kathy may end up being the swing vote

Shii Ann basically bought herself another 3 days guaranteed after Kathy returns if they go to tribal council again because it is Jerri or Ethan

if she went against Lex and Jerri was gone, then when Kathy comes back, it would be between Ethan/Colby/Shii Ann if Lex was that betrayed...

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
11. "Shii Ann-Smart Move"
I agree with most above. I think Shii Ann did what she had to do.

If she would have told Colby, and gotten Colby and Ethan to vote with her to get rid of Lex, she would no longer be part of an alliance. Colby would still not respect her play, and therefore her. After all, all should would have done is tattled on Lex to Colby. That is still playing by reaction. No respect. She or Jerri would still be next in Colby's book. Depending on future challenge performances, Shii Ann may go before Jerri and not make the merge.

By staying with her primary alliance, Jerri and Ethan are still on the outside. So she would remain for two more Mogo boots. And that should be enough to get her to the merge. Once at the merge, they pick off the strong and keep the weak.

I think she made the right choice.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mistake-what do you think?"
Personally for Shii-Ann a smart move, cuz she's the weakest. After Jerri was voted off for being annoying, Shii would have been next.

For the tribe as a whole, stupid move. Even early after the merge, MM is gonna need all the bodies they can get to stave off the Pagonging that's coming. As it is, it's gonna be shooting fish in a barrel for Rob and the Chappy gang.

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 05:40 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mistake-what do you think?"
For the tribe as a whole, stupid move.

Yes, and they should realize that when Kathy tells them what a happy, unified tribe Chapera is. Everyone on Mogo is working on their own separate agenda, and it's not going to help any of them after the merge.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-12-04, 06:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mistake-what do you think?"
If Kathy is smart upon her return she should take a good look at Mongo and realise that they are on their way out one by one.Lexs gut and strong move to oust Colby might have been good for him in the short run but in the long run will directly lead to the demise of the tribe.There are five remaining members of this tribe with each one only seeming to worry about themselves.Kathy has seen Chapera working and playing together well as a team and only has to last a few days more before the merge takes place. Its time for her to lay low for awhile and figure out a gameplan in her head for making some alliances with a few of the Happy Chappies after the merge occurs.RedBeard

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-04, 03:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mistake-what do you think?"
>
>Yes, and they should realize that
>when Kathy tells them what
>a happy, unified tribe Chapera
>is.

I really wonder if Kathy will tell Mogo Mogo everything about Happy Chappy? She was talking in confessionals that she may have to leap to the other tribe. So she may keep some of their secrets for herself and let her tribe go down alone.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mistake-what do you think?"
Agreed, both of you. Kathy's best play is to talk about the food and the golf AND THAT'S ALL. She needs to say as little about the tribe itself as possible. Then she needs to fade into the background. MM will get rid of Shii, Jerri, and Ethan before even beginning to look at KAthy. by that time, it's merge time and Kathy links up with the Chaps.

The question is, will she then be part of their tribe/alliance, or just the last of the MM's to go?

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-12-04, 05:57 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Shii Ann-Smart Move, or Big Mistake-what do you think?"
I think Shii Ann made a good decision for herself, and a horrible mistake for the tribe as a whole.

Mogo Mogo should have kept Colby into the merger, then make quasi-deals to 'assist' in ousting Colby. He was an obvious threat in individual challenges and 'helping' others get rid of a common threat may have helped some Mogo-Mogos develop an alliance or two. Oops.

As it pertains to Shii Ann, I think she is set to last for a while - Rather than be the next annoying one in Colby's tribe, she is the weakest of the plotters in Lex-and-Kathy's tribe. Between Jerri and Ethan, she should easily make the merge, where she will probalby be seen as the smallest threat to the Chapera tribe. If she can just pull off a little Rob C.-esque scheming, she could really stick around for a bit. Unless all the Mogo's are rudely pagonged (quite possible).

MEmacmur

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-15-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
18. "Neither"
Either way she was safe for at least the next two votes now she has to put up with Jerri's crap for at least another 3 days.

Bring back the spice rack
Congragulations to the apprentice Mr Kwame Jackson

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •