The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"key quote?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-03, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"key quote?"
when ryan told lill she could give up AFTER her torch went out

especially if the rumors of her coming back after being booted are true

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: key quote? Krautboy 09-19-03 1
   RE: key quote? anninvt2002 09-19-03 6
   RE: key quote? ginger 09-19-03 23
 RE: key quote? Jims02 09-19-03 2
 RE: key quote? dangerkitty 09-19-03 3
   RE: key quote? jkokoj 09-19-03 4
       RE: key quote? Oscirus 09-19-03 5
           RE: key quote? TeamJoisey 09-20-03 28
       RE: key quote? FarmBoy 09-19-03 16
           RE: key quote? Wacoshade 09-19-03 22
   RE: key quote? GuessItRains 09-19-03 8
       RE: key quote? Draco Malfoy 09-19-03 10
           RE: key quote? GuessItRains 09-19-03 11
               RE: key quote? Draco Malfoy 09-19-03 12
           RE: key quote? FarmBoy 09-19-03 17
           Skupin's booting silentJ 09-21-03 32
   RE: key quote? Booted 09-19-03 20
 RE: key quote? Draco Malfoy 09-19-03 7
   RE: key quote? sorgee 09-19-03 9
   RE: key quote? wendyp 09-19-03 13
 RE: key quote? mistofleas 09-19-03 14
   RE: key quote? anotherkim 09-19-03 15
   RE: key quote? tamarama 09-19-03 18
 Two other possible "key quotes" tamarama 09-19-03 19
   RE: Two other possible "key quotes" VerucaSalt 09-19-03 21
   And another Amily 09-20-03 24
 RE: key quote? ShowMeTheWinner 09-20-03 25
   RE: key quote? buckeyegirl 09-20-03 26
   RE: key quote? volsfan 09-20-03 27
       Another quote ImNext 09-21-03 29
           RE: Another quote PepeLePew13 09-21-03 30
               RE: Another quote ImNext 09-21-03 31
                   RE: Another quote VerucaSalt 09-21-03 33
                       RE: Another quote Gennenut 09-22-03 34
                           RE: Another Jeff quote buckeyegirl 09-22-03 35
                           RE: Another quote PepeLePew13 09-22-03 36
                               Yet Another quote......... smrtNsassybnkr 09-22-03 37
   fire snuffed out Chez 09-22-03 38
       My choice for the key quote of the ... Dude Man 10-24-03 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-19-03, 01:11 AM (EST)
1. "RE: key quote?"
I noticed that too. When he made that comment it tipped the scales from Trish to Lillian for most likely to leave the game and come back...Lillian is the current favorite for F2.

Krautboy

anninvt2002 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-19-03, 09:05 AM (EST)
6. "RE: key quote?"
Agree. Also significant to me was Lillians "i am patient, very patient" comment during TC.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 02:03 PM (EST)
23. "RE: key quote?"
If it were true that some people were bounced and returned, I guess they'd relight their torches?
Anyway, Skinny Ryan's statement was clearly the key portent.

>

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 01:16 AM (EST)
2. "RE: key quote?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-03 AT 01:17 AM (EST)

I posted this in the East Coast thread, but it would be better here:

Another tidbit, supporting a Ryan boot. I noticed something in a confessional.

During Mole 2, during one episode, we got a quote from Bill:

"Myra was my favorite player."

Lo and behold, Myra left the show THAT EPISODE.

I think we have something better, in Survivor 7. It came from Lillian, right after she and Ryan S brought back the water (I think)

"The first person who genuinely befriended me was Ryan... He is a good kid..." *sniffle*

I probably wouldn't read into this statement too much, but it doesn't make sense why she'd cry about this reflection (unless she's VERY emotional). This could lead to four conclusions, based on the context and time:

A. Ryan S is booted in Ep2, and this confessional is in Ep3. You know, at the beginning, where they talk about the departed castaway.
B. Ryan S is in danger, and wants to quit, and Lil can't bear to see one of her friends like this. Trying to redeem his character with the "he is a good kid" comment. Still, it means he's in trouble.
C. It's all a mare's nest, and amounts to nothing.
D. Jims had way too much Dr Pepper this evening.

Kinda an ambiguous meaning, open to opinion, but I really think it points to A or B. Especially with the Ep2 boot description.

I think Ryan's quote would make some sense, especially if Lily is indeed on the outside looking in. However, he said she shouldn't stop trying UNTIL her torch is snuffed. I dunno. Maybe some irony?

A 2003 IceCat original

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-19-03, 01:30 AM (EST)
3. "RE: key quote?"
Jiffy's quote at TC was also a little strange - something like: obviously there were a few of you who thought it might be you voted out, just goes to show that you're never out of the game until your torch is snuffed out. Just remember, you can always save yourself.

Why include that? Also, they really didn't show clips that showed anyone "obviously" thinking they might be voted out. The line sounds odd to me, yet doesn't say anything that isn't always the case. With all this talk of someone being brought back, I'm trying to find something in it that leaves a loophole for it, but I can't.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-19-03, 08:54 AM (EST)
4. "RE: key quote?"
>Jiffy's quote at TC was also
>a little strange - something
>like: obviously there were
>a few of you who
>thought it might be you
>voted out, just goes to
>show that you're never out
>of the game until your
>torch is snuffed out.
>Just remember, you can always
>save yourself.
>

Agreed and the last thing I thought of last night. Ryan S. telling Lil not to give up until her torch is snuffed and then JP at TC and his little speech.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-19-03, 09:02 AM (EST)
5. "RE: key quote?"
Just sounds like a motivational speech to me. Ryan was shown according to the insider as knowing that he was leaving that episode.

wonder if the man lady curse will continue this time

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-20-03, 10:01 PM (EST)
28. "RE: key quote?"
>Just sounds like a motivational speech
>to me. Ryan was shown
>according to the insider as
>knowing that he was leaving
>that episode.
>
To Ryan and Lill, it was a motivational speech. There are probably similar clips all over the cutting room floor for all of the other players.

To the editors who know how the game plays out, it is a chance to use something said early in the game to foreshadow something significant that neither Ryan nor Lill can foresee at that moment.

The general feeling here is that this particular snippet was included in the broadcast because something happens down the road where Lill is saved at the last minute, or returns in some fashion.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-19-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
16. "RE: key quote?"
Me too!!!

JP wouldn't have said it unless there was a reason.

I think he would have repeated what ever relevant quote has an impact on the outcome. This was it!!

Bovinated- An Original Draco Masterpiece

Wacoshade 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-19-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
22. "RE: key quote?"
JP's quote was blatantly obvious. I too wonder if maybe Ryan S's comment to Lil was made AFTER the tribal council and just shown out of order, or if Jeff was inserting a message in there to Lil and Ryan, particularly given how anxious Ryan was that night.

I lean toward the latter. I wondered if it had anything to do with the rumored returning aspect, but I frankly don't see the connection to that yet. I don't know why Jeff would want to get that in there, when Ryan and Lil would know what it is about, although no one else would realize it had been said by Ryan.

I am also of the opinion that the producers and editors are trying to implant ideas and directions in our head. Of the hundreds of hours shot over the first couple of days, when things wittled down to 44 minutes, we get an obvious repetition of some "gameplay wisdom." I think the staff is trying to create dots for us to connect in some foreshadowing.

Jeff has stated repeatedly in interviews that he liked Lil, and she is one to watch. Given other spoiler rumors, and the cliques developing in the tribe, there may be an obvious direction in plot lines with regard to Lil and whether or not she will be getting voted out or whatever.

I think there wa a reason for both Jeff saying this and for the quote to be shown in the episode, but I am not clear on the matter...

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-19-03, 09:15 AM (EST)
8. "RE: key quote?"
Well Lillian certainly thought she was being voted out, and Ryan S.'s attitude indicated he wasn't too sure he was sticking around. Remember we only see a couple of minutes of what can be an hourlong tribal council.

The problem for me is that Nicole's torch got snuffed last night. And Jeff made very clear you're not out until your torch is snuffed, which would seem also to imply that once your torch is out, so are you. None of that seems to jive with the idea that there was a "contest" to bring back a castaway. What if Nicole had won? Wouldn't the castaways say "But you told us she was out!!"

In all the previous twists, Jeff has carefully showed the wiggle room (I never said merge; I never said you were staying in your separate tribes, etc.) Where is the wiggle room here?

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 09:22 AM (EST)
10. "RE: key quote?"
I'm beginning to think that the "contest to get back in" is an error or something. Jeff said, "You're not out of the game until your torch is snuffed." Well, anyone who was in a contest to get back in would have to have had their torch snuffed. That's why I'm really leaning towards an injury taking Lil out of the game and then she comes back. When Skupin was taken out, they knew he wouldn't be back, so they did a "ceremonial" torch snuffing for him. What if they don't do that for Lil, but everyone assumes that she's out, even though her torch was never put out. "As long as you have fire, you have life in this game."

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:321 Loss To Date:-18
I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time, they probably shouldn't. - Marge Simpson

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-19-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
11. "RE: key quote?"
Well my main problem with the "Lill's accident" scenario is that it is completely unplanned, and nothing MB does is ever unplanned. The previous twists in the game have always been well-thought out ahead of time and somebody breaking their ankle and coming back after the merge just doesn't seem to fit with that.

09-19-03, 09:31 AM (EST)
12. "RE: key quote?"
I seem to remember something on the "VH1 goes Inside Survivor" about Skupin's accident, where he was talking about coming back to the game, and I think MB said that if there was ANY WAY he could have come back into the game, he would have. So while not planned, it's not unexpected.

I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time, they probably shouldn't. - Marge Simpson

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-19-03, 10:53 AM (EST)
17. "RE: key quote?"

Good point Draco!! We need to watch carefully if some one leaves due to circumstance beyond their control.

Bovinated- An Original Draco Masterpiece

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-21-03, 07:15 PM (EST)
32. "Skupin's booting"
One thing I've always wondered about the (unaired) TC where Skupin was voted out is: What if they had voted for someone else? They knew going into it that they needed to keep the numbers up to avoid a pagonging, so Mike was their best choice, but what if they were up 7-4 going into the vote and decided to oust Nick instead? Had Mike's injury occured post merge, they would have been better off to vote out someone else becasue he was no longer a threat.
Now imagine that Lillian gets injured during the final 8 IC. They vote out a strong player that night, then another 3 days later. Suddenly Lillian shows up at camp. Probst accompanies her and says, "well, you guys never voted her out." By this time, alliances have shifted and she slips into the finals on a "doh!!".

(on a side note: Is the Skupin TC on the Season II DVD?)

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-19-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
20. "RE: key quote?"
What struck me as a possibility, is we only see Jeff in the shot when he says something like "Your not out until your torch is snuffed... Don't give up". Could he not have filmed that later because it was SO important?

Boot Ed

09-19-03, 09:10 AM (EST)
7. "RE: key quote?"
I don't think Lil gets booted, period. I think her broken foot "takes her out", but unlike Skupin, she is not officially "voted out". Both Jeff and Ryan Shoulders (knees and toes, knees and toes) make comments about not being out until your torch is snuffed. Lil's torch is never snuffed, but everyone assumes she's gone. Then she makes the comeback, "saving herself".

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-19-03, 09:18 AM (EST)
9. "RE: key quote?"
i have been thinking along those same lines.

we have seen in the past that when the contestants start making assumptions they are often wrong. for example, in the past they have assumed that because the tribes were brought together, they had merged.

if lil leaves due to an injury, i am almost certain that the tribe would assume she is gone.

also, think about the dynamics if she were to "leave" prior to a merge, but came back AFTER a merge. she may possibly end up in a power position and holding a swing vote.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-19-03, 10:01 AM (EST)
13. "RE: key quote?"
Remember that Mike made the comment that he would not eat or drink at first while he was in the hospital because if he did he could not go back in the game. And wasn't brought up that as long as you did not miss a challenge you were not out. So maybe she does get hurt, leaves ~ they merge but she is back in time for the first IC after they merge.

This would have Drake thinking they had the advantage until the challenge.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 10:27 AM (EST)
14. "RE: key quote?"
The fact that Ryan S. told Lil she could say she was out only after her torch was snuffed and then having Jiffy say almost exactly the same thing at TC is important. We can't dismiss this at all.

Jiffy and MB see the tapings from the day, that's how JP is able to ask his telling and sometimes uncomfortable for the tribe questions at TC (or right before challenges etc.)

I think that Ryan S. making the comment to Lillian about torch snuffing (and an understandable comment it was) made JP and MB snigger and say to themselves..."that's what you think buddy!". MB told JP make sure you mention torch snuffing, as long as you have fire you have life...etc. at this first TC.

I'm leaning towards these comments as an indication of the BT. We need to listen to what JP says and how he phrases things at the first TC for Drake.

--has rattled on for too long without caffine

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 10:50 AM (EST)
15. "RE: key quote?"

Also, even if Lillian comes back in post-accident, Jiffy didn't know that at the first tribal council, so if he is making that speech for a reason, it isn't one that has anything to do with Lil's injury. I agree that Drake's first TC will be a big help in deciding how much of what he said was just playing off of their own actions and how much of it is game.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--man, Jiffy looked hot.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
18. "RE: key quote?"
>>I'm leaning towards these comments as an indication of the BT. We need to listen to what JP says and how he phrases things at the first TC for Drake.<<

I agree!!! (see, I slept last night, I can agree)

I'm thinking maybe some upcoming challenge or TC keeps some folk's torches lit -- and those folks can compete to come back.

If you score this, if you grab the GPV (oops, wrong show), etc -- then your torch can stay lit.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 11:17 AM (EST)
19. "Two other possible "key quotes""
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-03 AT 11:19 AM (EST)

Rupert was talking about coming in as a caretaker & said:

"...make them believe they can't get along without me -- And I think I'm doing it."

And after winning IC, Shawn said:

"(we beat them...) Not just with brute strength, but willpower...they gave up & we didn't -- we almost did, but we didn't -- and that's why we made it to the end."

(quotes are close, but still approximate)

Granted, we won't know 'til we know, but these were the only 2 I caught that smelled like the 'winner's ep 1 key quote' kinda thing.

(edited to correct a typo)

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Two other possible "key quotes""
I thought the same thing as everyone else. Jeff's comment was exactly like Ryan's

How this was done could potentially be what came out at TC. According to what I have read, these TC's last a couple of hours for which we are shown certain segments.

Now the stuff about Jeff stating that some thought they were going to go could have all come out in that two hours so his comment was relevant to the discussion we didn't see such as Lillian discussing what happened with Nicole after we were shown the part of Nicole making mention of trust and Tijuana's comments and Ryan also could have said that he felt the same way about going. So, this all could have happened and Jeff summarized the meat of the TC by what he said.

Now, the comment Ryan made to Lillian "could" have been mentioned in this context i.e. Lillan discussing how she felt she was going to be booted but "Ryan has been a rock for me and he told me blah blah"

The fact of the matter is that I don't believe it was a miraculous coincidence they BOTH said the snuff comment BUT MB made sure he kept it in to show us; that is the issue to me. I think everything comes out at TC and Jeff does a nice little summary at the end so the viewers don't get too confused or to send a message and makes sure relevant points are brought out to us in the long TC.

He purposely made sure that the comment Ryan made to Lil (and which I believe was mentioned in the unedited TC) was reiterated by Jeff and shown to us.

Was it designed to
a. give us the winner type comment. Ryan says to Lil, Jeff says to Drake and Lil got the prophecy

b. Simple foreshadow of Ryan making the comment only to have his torch snuffed next time

c. Prelude to the twist. It's not over till your torch is snuffed, hang in there (or whatever he said) Broadly looked at, if the booted players are ALLOWED to return to compete to decide who will go back, they may be given NEW LIFE and NEW TORCHES with flame so although it was snuffed it wasn't snuffed FOR GOOD.

But what the heck do I know lol

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-03, 08:50 AM (EST)
24. "And another"
I mentioned this on the East Coast thread ... In one of Osten's confessionals he says something like "I am not ready to go home ... yet". Given the attention he's received on the betting "scandal", I was thinking this could be an episode one quote from the winner (or with the "yet" thrown in the possible runner-up)? Who knows.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-20-03, 05:39 PM (EST)
25. "RE: key quote?"
I have a question here: Does the key quote always occur in episode 1? I remember the key quote for S4 was Sean's quote to Vee which goes something like, " a black person will never win on Survivor". I don't remember if that quote was in episode 1 or sometime later. I always thought that it was sometime later but I could be wrong. I don't think there were any key quote spoilers or any special editing for Vee in episode 1.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-03, 07:53 PM (EST)
26. "RE: key quote?"
I think I mentioned this in another thresd, but I think that another important quote was one that Lillian made to Ryan after the IC Challenge. She says something to the effect of: "I don't fit in with the boys, and I don't fit in w/the girls." They then show a clip of other tribe members talking about who should go: Lillian or Ryan S. Could this be foreshawdowing of some kind or have I just had too much caffeine?
This quote reminds me alot of one that Kathy made in S4 when she said that no one on her tribe liking her even though she was getting food for everyone. Kathy then went on to make the final three with Neleh and Vee.

A Kyngsladye Original
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."-Ralph Waldo Emerson.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-03, 09:46 PM (EST)
27. "RE: key quote?"
SHOME...You are right...the Sean quote to Vee was not in the first episode. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but there were no confessionals or quotes about Tina when she won in The Outback.

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
29. "Another quote"
This isn't a key quote, and I'm kicking myself because I absolutely cannot remember the exact wording, but did anybody else cock an eyebrow when Christa mentioned something about "forty days?" Survivor's still only 39 days, right? I haven't lost my marbles after watching this show one to many seasons, have I? We were wondering how they could bring a player back to life and still have the show run 39 days - maybe they added a day, like they did in the Outback, but this crew just thinks it's an additional day, and don't know the real reasoning behind it.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-03, 12:51 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Another quote"
>but did anybody else cock an eyebrow when Christa
>mentioned something about "forty days?"
>Survivor's still only 39
>days, right?

>We were wondering how they could
>bring a player back to
>life and still have the
>show run 39 days -
>maybe they added a day,
>like they did in the
>Outback, but this crew just
>thinks it's an additional day,
>and don't know the real
>reasoning behind it.

I don't think there's an extra day at all -- JiffyProbe said in the opening the usual spiel, "39 days, 16 people, 1 survivor" and I think that if they were going to add a day later on, they'd have Jiffy do a re-voiceover to make it more vague so that his words wouldn't be misleading.

Sometimes people, especially those young people who might not give a flying crap about little details, give a generic statement like they'll say "I weigh 190 pounds" when they really weigh 192 or 189. I think most participants would be saying 39 days but I can see someone like Christa saying "40 days (whatever)."

Having said that, I don't recall hearing anything about Christa mentioning 'forty days'? Will have to watch the rebroadcast tonight...

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-03, 05:33 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Another quote"
I think she said the "forty days" bit immediately after landing on their island, when she was talking about the loot they got and how they "had enough to last forty days," but I'm sure that's not a direct quote.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-03, 07:59 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Another quote"
She did say forty days; it was after they got all the stuff at the market and she said they did really great; they got enough to make it out their forty days or words to that effect.

Gennenut 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-22-03, 09:23 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Another quote"
Didnt the pearl islands get hit with a hurricane during production? Would that maybe explain the 40 days? (a break for the hurricane to pass)

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-03, 06:26 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Another Jeff quote"
As I watched Survivor again last night, I picked up on another quote that Jeff made at tribal council. He was telling the Survivors to get fire for their torches, and that "fire represents life on the island and in the game." The thing that struck me in this quote was the life on the island and in the game."My memory is a little shaky, but does he always say on island and in the game, or does he just say in the game? Maybe this has something to do with the twist?

Welcome to the boards Gennenut!

A Kyngsladye Original
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."-Ralph Waldo Emerson.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-03, 07:13 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Another quote"
>Didnt the pearl islands get hit
>with a hurricane during production?
>Would that maybe explain the
>40 days? (a break for
>the hurricane to pass)

I heard something about a hurricane during filming (don't know if it's been confirmed or debunked) -- but Christa wouldn't know that during the first day, and Jiffy said "39 days" on the boat in front of the cast.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-22-03, 07:17 PM (EST)
37. "Yet Another quote........."
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-03 AT 07:20 PM (EST)

Jiffy ended the TC with this:
You can ALWAYS save yourself....keep that in mind for the next 36 days!

I think this is definite forshadowing of the "returning" player. They will have one last chance to save themselves mid-game, and get back into it. Nicole mentioned not being able to eat (due to a shrunken stomach), but rumor has it that they infact were not able to eat in LL because MB didn't want the voted out players to have any advantage when they returned to the game.

Therefore, no alcohol, no soda pop, they had to excercise everyday, and food intake was limited until the returned player was brought back to the game. After the player returned, then the per-merge bootees were awarded their vacation........

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-22-03, 08:16 PM (EST)
38. "fire snuffed out"
Remember back in S1 when JP told us that at repeated TCs, the player who was being voted out actually had their torch blown out by the wind before the vote was counted? If your torch is blown out by the wind, would that mean it was not snuffed out? Would that little technicality give us some wiggle room in this whole discussion, about how a player can return?

Dude Man 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-24-03, 12:39 PM (EST)
39. "My choice for the key quote of the year... "
I recall in episode 2 that Jon, after having an argument with Sandra, saying something like "I guarentee there is no way Sandra will win that million dollars".

I'm not sure if that was exactly what he said but it was something very similar.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •