The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-09-03, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
A rising tide threatens to wash away one tribe’s shelter.

While looting the losing tribe’s camp after the Reward Challenge, one castaway bonds with the opposing tribe.

Though acting out of loyalty to the tribe, one Survivor fears being seen as disloyal.

One castaway’s failure to follow through with the tribe’s Immunity Challenge strategy leads to a very close, tense, gut-wrenching finish.

Thank you Ms. Slice, but I have to tell you that you are dangerous. - Technoir

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... cowboyroo 10-10-03 1
   Sounds like a food challenge mavsfan 10-10-03 3
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... Goooey_Alley 10-10-03 4
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... JazzyJax 10-10-03 6
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... drawde236 10-10-03 2
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... Brownroach 10-10-03 5
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... drawde236 10-10-03 10
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... Blow by Blow 10-10-03 19
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... Brownroach 10-10-03 7
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... lizzmac 10-10-03 8
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... VerucaSalt 10-10-03 9
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... Brownroach 10-10-03 11
               yeah but how cqvenus 10-10-03 12
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... VerucaSalt 10-10-03 13
                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... forehead 10-10-03 14
                       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... VerucaSalt 10-10-03 15
                           Gross Food=Pelican Breezy 10-10-03 18
                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... Brownroach 10-10-03 20
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... hrc2u 10-11-03 29
 gut wrench Breezy 10-10-03 16
   Agreed Devious Weasel 10-10-03 21
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... nailbone 10-10-03 17
 Is It Just Me, Or Devious Weasel 10-10-03 22
   RE: Is It Just Me, Or lizzmac 10-10-03 23
       RE: Is It Just Me, Or joannie 10-11-03 27
           RE: Is It Just Me, Or lizzmac 10-13-03 31
   Rupert in Trouble? IslandFever 10-12-03 30
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... Kneezy 10-11-03 24
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... ShowMeTheWinner 10-16-03 33
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... Krautboy 10-11-03 25
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Every... BeerNuts 10-11-03 28
 Clip Reuse I_Got_Nutn 10-11-03 26
   RE: Clip Reuse Blow by Blow 10-13-03 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-10-03, 00:25 AM (EST)
1. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""

Duh....until Everyone's hero comes to the rescue to help them move it or build a better wall.

While looting the losing tribe’s camp after the Reward Challenge, one castaway bonds with the opposing tribe.

With Rupert being Everyone's hero, he again must help Morgan win their 2nd challenge...Lord knows they could't do it on their own. I'm guessing Tijuana is the looter and makes friends over at Drake. I always figured she'd be the looter if ever they got over there. Looks like in the vidcaps that Morgan got Rupert's spear.

Though acting out of loyalty to the tribe, one Survivor fears being seen as disloyal.

This should again be Everyone's Hero Rupert. By helping Morgan win the RC, Drake may see Rupert as being disloyal to them, even though he is in his eyes gathering information.

One castaway’s failure to follow through with the tribe’s Immunity Challenge strategy leads to a very close, tense, gut-wrenching finish.

Oh great, first we have the "not so photo" finish, now the "gut-wrenching finish"....and at the wire....they still win by a landslide. Does Drake want to lose another challenge? Obviously Morgan isn't going to try to throw one. Does Everyone's hero try to win the Immunity Challenge fearing he's getting booted?
Possibly Johnny Fairplay's attempt to save his buddy Shawn gets him the axe instead? Or does Morgan win again, get Rupert back. Jon joins Michelle and Shawn and forces a tie vote between Christa and maybe Michelle, and we go back to prior votes counting and Christa gets the boot....

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 00:34 AM (EST)
3. "Sounds like a food challenge"
<< One castaway’s failure to follow through with the tribe’s
<< Immunity Challenge strategy leads to a very close, tense,
<< gut-wrenching finish.

This sure sounds to me like the "Gross Food" challenge we see each series.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-10-03, 01:59 AM (EST)
4. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
I'll have to agree that Tijuana might be the looter. She fits the quasi-friendly-attitude. (I think Sandra would rather be aloof or unfriendly with Tij, remember the first pillage?)

Jeff Probst told that Rupert will only stay temporarily with the Morgans, until the Reward Challenge and Rupert will share with the Reward in case Morgan will win. So, I think after the RC, Rupert will go back to Drake and participate at IC.

In case the Morgans will win the IC (assuming the challenge will not be strength-based), Michelle and Shawn will be in a BIG trouble. What do you think?

(I'm still waiting for SurvivorNews Scorecard... Maybe they will downgrade Michelle and Shawn--from Neutral to Potential Suckitude.)

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 10:42 AM (EST)
6. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
Hi - in one of Lil's or Ryan S's many interviews, one of them said that Morgan already had a spear, just no one knew how to use it. (not that any of them would appear capable of floating long enough to shoot it anyhow)

I sure hope that ambiguous wording from JP means that Rupert (my fav!!) can come back after the next RC!!!!

I can't see anyone on Drake sandbagging off the IC except Michelle (or Shawn), especially after losing the RC, too risky. But you're right, Jon is probably high on (perceived) power, and would want to stir things up.

You could certainly see the animosity between Jon and JP last night, couldnt you?!? A GREAT episode..

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-10-03, 00:31 AM (EST)
2. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Rupert Show!

A rising tide threatens to wash away one tribe's shelter.

Sounds like Morgan, but the water was getting high over at Drake as well.

While looting the losing tribe's camp after the Reward Challenge, one castaway bonds with the opposing tribe.

With Rupert on board, look for a Morgan reward win. Of the 2 Morgan women, Tijuana has the only personality, so my chips are on her.

This is Rupert without a doubt.

One castaway's failure to follow through with the tribe's Immunity Challenge strategy leads to a very close, tense, gut-wrenching finish.

It sounds like Drake wants to throw another IC, but Rupert doesn't want to go through with it, thereby leading to his removal from the tribe.

You may now rip this apart....

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 10:18 AM (EST)
5. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
It sounds like Drake wants to throw another IC, but Rupert doesn't want to go through with it, thereby leading to his removal from the tribe.

Are you assuming Rupert is going to compete for Drake in the IC? I don't think Drake is ever going to get Rupert back, though they think they will (Jeff: "for the next three days...")

I think Rupert will be stuck at Morgan until the merge, and he won't be allowed to participate in future ICs. If Drake wins IC they will be allowed to take a Morgan member (Rhino?), not get Rupert back.

This is MB's way of mixing up the tribes this time, except the transferred people don't become part of their new tribe.

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
10. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
Brownroach,

I'm basing my assumption on what Jiffy said about how Rupert will participate in the reward and then go back to Drake. The disgruntledness of Drake combined with the refusal of Rupert to go along with throwing another IC will lead to his ouster. This explanation makes sense about Snewser's blurb about how the tribe had no problem voting him off.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-10-03, 05:15 PM (EST)
19. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
The CBS summary says:
"Jeff Probst announced that the surprise Reward was the right to kidnap a member of the other tribe until the next Immunity Challenge."
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor7/show/episode04/s7story4.shtml

Now that's not the same as saying "...until just before the next..." or "...other tribe through the next..."

Still, I think the intent is that Rupert is returned to Drake at the time of (and prior to the start of) the next IC. He's clearly sitting with them in the bleachers when Michelle emits her stinky belch.

-P

10-10-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
7. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
A rising tide threatens to wash
away one tribe’s shelter.

The continuing saga of the Morons' woes. Rupert will fix it for them.

While looting the losing tribe’s camp
after the Reward Challenge, one
castaway bonds with the opposing
tribe.

The Morons should win the RC with Rupert's help. I'm inclined to think this will be Rhino, but it could be Tijuana.

Though acting out of loyalty to
>the tribe, one Survivor fears
>being seen as disloyal.

Could be Rupert, but could also refer to the looter above (Rhino or Tijuana).

One castaway’s failure to follow through
with the tribe’s Immunity Challenge
strategy leads to a very
close, tense, gut-wrenching finish.

There's no reason for either tribe to consider throwing IC next week. I think there's probably a mental element to the IC where the tribes have to make choices, and at some point a person doesn't make the move the rest of the tribe recommended, which puts them behind.

Gut-wrenching finish...yeah, right.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-10-03, 01:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
There's no reason for either tribe to consider throwing IC next week.

I thought of one - though it depends on whether your theory (another great one) holds up about the deception on the part of JP about whether or not Rupert (and other "kidnapees") ever return to their tribe.

How about throwing an IC on purpose in order to send in a member as a "spy" for the other tribe? I would see this confined to a smaller alliance, though, not a whole-tribe kind of thing. Just enough people to make sure they influence the outcome.

Whoops, I see the flaw in that - no guaranteeing one of "your" folks will get picked. Although... OK, let's use real-life examples. Making the big assumption that Rupert goes back to Drake. He and Rupert's Angels decide to go ahead and lose again, thinking Rupert will get picked again by Morgan. Plus they get the benefit of voting out either Shawn or Michelle or possibly Jon. Rupert continues info-gathering that will be useful after the merge. Hmmm - but if Rupert remains at Morgan, it's very likely they'd pick Shawn next time.

OK, never mind. Still, stream-of-consciousness writing may help someone else think of an idea

Lizzmac

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-10-03, 01:41 PM (EST)
9. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
I wonder if with this the Rhino info is possible.

If Drake wins the IC, one would think they would choose a guy to steal. However, Rupert is over there through the RC and enjoying the prize if they win. He could very well assist in winning the RC in order to be over there longer, get an inkling of who is out of the loop to report back to Drake; perhaps this appears to be disloyal to Drake when in fact, he really is being loyal to Drake.

He may even propose who to go over to Drake to pillage in order to find out more with that person gone.

If Drake win that IC and KNOWS that Darrah may be the next to go, why wouldn't they pirate her in order to force the A/R/O/T alliance to have to vote one of themselves off. This could then be where Rhino gets booted b/c A/O/T have a stronger alliance.

The only problem I have is that Rhino supposedly doesn't like the Drake women and for that to happen, he'd have to spend time with them. So perhaps he is pirated to Drake, can't stand the women and one of O/A/D/T goes, then perhaps the following week Rhino goes somehow.

So early in this week but figured what the hell.

10-10-03, 02:38 PM (EST)
11. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
Good ideas, VS. But I don't think Rupert would be allowed to pillage Drake because he is still a member of Drake.

I am also of the opinion that this twist is going to factor into Ryan O.'s demise somehow.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 03:42 PM (EST)
12. "yeah but how"
i can't work it out. unless he goes to pilage an item and comes back raving about how great that tribe is and how if they lost, he wouldn't be sad to go over there. he might start raving about how wonderful their supplies/shelter/facilities are. maybe this makes morgan get mad (and i bet it's led by rupert's massive prompting about how a REAL pirate would never betray his tribe like that) and then they get rid of rhyno. but who knows.

- as always, purely speculating

10-10-03, 04:01 PM (EST)
13. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-03 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

Rupert won't be pillaging Drake BR. I must have been unclear in what I was saying sorry. But he may have a "suggestion" to Morgan as to who pillages Drake. Rupert can go back to Drake after all this is said and done and give them the lowdown about alliances.

If Rhino does go per vicvega (ep. 5 or 6) this would be perfect. Drake, upon Rupert's suggestion takes Darrah as the stolen member leaving A/O/T/R having to vote one of their own alliance out b/c Darrah is safe from TC

The only reason I mention about the RC is that Rupert can possibly get a better handle on who is the one Morgan wants out while that person is away.

Rhino supposedly disliked the Drake women so I don't think it would be him sent to be the pillager b/c the teaser send that person bonds (if Morgan wins) however if he goes how can he dislike the Drake women unless spoiler means he disliked them by what he saw when Christa/Sandra came to pillage

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
14. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-03 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

Ah, now it all it fits! Thanks, VerucaSalt!

I couldn't fit the "Rhino doesn't like the Drake women" bit, but he has seen Christa, Sandra, and Trish pillage.

The vidcaps at Fever suggest Morgan with the hero wins RC, Drake with the hero wins IC.

I like Drake picking Darrah, so that Morgan can vote Rhino out (and hence Rhino is a victim of a "switch"). Fits with Webby's tip that he's not long for this game.

Too simple?

forehead

10-10-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
15. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
forehead - too simple? Well that bugs me too but sometimes these convulated scenarios (should I insert pelican here? )are way more complicated and the simple solution is there. But we got a wholllllllle week to see

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
18. "Gross Food=Pelican"
Yup the gross food challenge could be the pelican comes back from the dead and is killed again and they have to eat it.

*waves* to Misto, Hey Misto want some pelican?

10-10-03, 05:22 PM (EST)
20. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
Rupert won't be pillaging Drake BR.

Sorry, VS -- I misread one sentence in your post. My eyes are not working very well today.

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-03, 10:26 PM (EST)
29. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
I disagree with Drake wanting to "pick" a guy if the twist is still in affect this week. They already have a strong team with Shawn & Rupert. If anything, they would want to take a person, that would cause the least amount of waves and do work. Also, someone who can swim, so that leaves out Osten. You leave the strong men on their team, hoping they get voted off so, they are gone before the merge and individual immunity begins.

But what do I know, I'm female. LOL
hrc2u

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
16. "gut wrench"

Agree with Mavsfan, this sounds like gross food challenge. CBS is playing on words.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 05:27 PM (EST)
21. "Agreed"
Tribe X's strategy - win at all costs. Person in question fails to be able to keep food down, throwing it up (gut wrenching, if you will) and causing the tribe to lose.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""

>
>One castaway’s failure to follow through
>with the tribe’s Immunity Challenge
>strategy leads to a very
>close, tense, gut-wrenching finish.
>
Could this be another Osten "failure"?

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 05:29 PM (EST)
22. "Is It Just Me, Or"
Would it be very Burnett to call an episode "Everybody's Hero" (and have it be a clear reference to one person) and then have that hero be voted off? Or can we deduce that Rupert won't be voted off because the title is a clear reference to him?

10-10-03, 05:35 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Is It Just Me, Or"
I'm with you, DW. I've had an uncomfortable feeling ever since we learned the episode title that that's exactly what it's referring to - Rupe helps Morgan win the RC, he gets them fish, he helps Drake win the IC - and then they vote him out

He and Ryno are the early leaders on my ballot. Hoping to see more clues pointing to a longer stay for Rupert...

Lizzmac

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-03, 05:46 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Is It Just Me, Or"
>I'm with you, DW. I've had
>an uncomfortable feeling ever since
>we learned the episode title
>that that's exactly what it's
>referring to - Rupe helps
>Morgan win the RC, he
>gets them fish, he helps
>Drake win the IC -
>and then they vote him
>out
>
If Rupert helps Drake win the IC, then it will be Morgan going to TC, not Drake. So I think "Everybody's Hero" is safe, for now.

10-13-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Is It Just Me, Or"
Oh, DUH! Thank you for setting me back on the straight and narrow

Lizzmac

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-12-03, 00:46 AM (EST)
30. "Rupert in Trouble?"
I think you hit the nail on the head. Jiffy Pop was quoted as saying that the tribes were too smart to vote out their strongest members. But I think that's exactly what Drake does. (Since when has Jiffy told us the truth?) First Burton is voted out and then maybe Rupert. Trish's comment is foreshadowing and Rupert is a victim of the time he spent on Morgan. We have an idea that in the end Morgan and female survivors outnumber all others. So how do we get to that point? Voting out Rupert next just might do it.

Kneezy 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-11-03, 01:47 AM (EST)
24. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
I'll bet you guys anything that the castaway that "bonds with the other tribe" is Michelle. So far, Drake has been sending over nothing but female looters, and she's the last one. She was leery about being the thief (and rightly so), but she won't have any choice now that the ShawBurChelle triad is gone.

She desperately needs to build new alliances before the merge, and we all know that those Morgan boys are suckers for a pretty face. *cough*Darrah*cough*

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 00:32 AM (EST)
33. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
I agree with you Kneezy that the castaway's Michelle. I think this also fits with the CBS blurb "tempers flare when the men decide to build a shower that requires everyone to bathe out in the open", which points to Drake winning the RC (and getting bath supplies and thus building the shower). I just don't see how Tijuana and Darrah can ever get mad at leader Andrew & Co.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-11-03, 03:02 PM (EST)
25. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""

It appears that the Morgan Tribe decides to move the shelter. Notice the new framework behind Andrew in the process of being rebuilt...

Krautboy

BeerNuts 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-11-03, 06:51 PM (EST)
28. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 5 "Everybody's Hero""
Hey good catch, that's exactly what it looks like. Third time's the charm.

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-03, 05:07 PM (EST)
26. "Clip Reuse"
Did anyone else notice the "angry Rupert branch snapping" clip was reused from Ep2?

Survivor Phoenix

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-03, 02:36 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Clip Reuse"
Yeah, I notice that. It was overhyped the first time around too.
-P

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •