The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ryan's CBS chat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-03, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ryan's CBS chat"
http://www.survivorfever.net/chat-ryan.html

Haven't seen anything about this posted in other threads. Some excerpts:

"I would say Dan did the best he could. Yeah, he cost us the immunity challenge but to this day...I mean, I'm upset about what happened but maybe I'd have cost us the fourth one had I not gone."

Why "the fourth one?" Why didn't Ryan just say "a later challenge"? Most of us seem to feel that the women go to TC next -- I think this is a further clue, and that the men will lose IC 4.

On Rob:

"Rob was a Survivor fanatic. Done. His life revolved around the show."

and on Rob's strategy:

"It totally came back to bite him. In the end, we'll have to see. ...it just goes to show you what people will do for a million dollars."

and then:

"...I don't think any alliance would have been different. Maybe I'd have had a better chance to know Rob, could've leaned on Dave harder."

Sounds like Ryan did not care for Rob, and still doesn't. I'm guessing they were not reunited at LL, and Rob may get quite far.

"I'm pulling for Dave to win, but if not I hope a girl wins. But Dave, you punk a**, you should've went with me!"

Yeah, right. I think Dave winds up at LL as well. Ryan still seems fond of Dave and Daniel.

"I lost 11 pounds in the three days. And then five more pounds after that. For four days after I was voted off I still didn't eat."

Sounds like people may be dropping weight pretty quickly in S6.

"But Butch and Roger had it out for the youngest guy and he knew the grass was very green for me if I made it to the women's tribe..."

This may bear on the age-related tribal rift that escalates in Ep 3.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ryan's CBS chat Krautboy 02-21-03 1
   RE: Ryan's CBS chat Brownroach 02-21-03 2
   RE: Ryan's CBS chat esquire 02-21-03 3
       RE: Ryan's CBS chat Krautboy 02-21-03 4
 RE: Ryan's CBS chat s_man 02-21-03 5
   RE: Ryan's CBS chat Brownroach 02-21-03 6
       RE: Ryan's CBS chat s_man 02-21-03 7
 RE: Ryan's CBS chat ShowMeTheWinner 02-23-03 8
   RE: Ryan's CBS chat Brownroach 02-24-03 9
 Could this be a CBS plant? Ryan-X? SurvivinDawg 02-24-03 10
   No biggie?! tribephyl 02-25-03 11
   I remain unconvinced that Daniel... IceCat 02-25-03 12
       RE: I remain unconvinced that Danie... Brownroach 02-25-03 17
   RE: Could this be a CBS plant? Rya... PepeLePew13 02-25-03 14
   RE: Could this be a CBS plant? Rya... Krautboy 02-25-03 15
       RE: Could this be a CBS plant? Rya... SurvivinDawg 02-25-03 16
           RE: Could this be a CBS plant? Rya... dabo 02-25-03 19
 RE: Ryan's CBS chat Kokoro 02-25-03 13
   RE: Ryan's CBS chat Brownroach 02-25-03 18
 RE: Ryan's CBS chat big idiot 02-25-03 20
   RE: Ryan's CBS chat dabo 02-25-03 21
 RE: Ryan's CBS chat ShowMeTheWinner 02-26-03 22
 RE: Ryan's CBS chat ShowMeTheWinner 02-26-03 23
   RE: Ryan's CBS chat MikeD 02-26-03 25
       RE: Ryan's CBS chat forehead 02-26-03 26
           RE: Ryan's CBS chat MikeD 02-26-03 27
               RE: Ryan's CBS chat forehead 02-26-03 28
           RE: Ryan's CBS chat PepeLePew13 02-26-03 30
 RE: Ryan's CBS chat ShowMeTheWinner 02-26-03 24
 RE: Ryan's CBS chat KeithFan 02-26-03 29
 Men lose E4 IC - Speculation Yogi 03-01-03 31
   RE: Men lose E4 IC - Speculation ShowMeTheWinner 03-02-03 32
       RE: Men lose E4 IC - Speculation dabo 03-05-03 34
   RE: Men lose E4 IC - Speculation Brownroach 03-06-03 35
 Bump... IceCat 03-05-03 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-21-03, 02:19 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
Thanks for starting this thread BR, Ryan's comments appear to be the key to solving this week's IC.

"I would say Dan did the best he could. Yeah, he cost us the immunity challenge but to this day...I mean, I'm upset about what happened but maybe I'd have cost us the fourth one had I not gone."

Sounds like Daniel is the one who "costs them the fourth one". Ryan seems to suggest that the women lose immunity in EP2 and EP3. He's speculating that the outcome could have been the same if their roles were reversed.

If we conclude that Daniel goes in EP4, then the ChillOne spoiler has more credibity and Joanna going this week makes perfect sense.

Krautboy

02-21-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
>>He's speculating that the outcome could have been the same if their roles were reversed.<<

Absolutely agree, Kboy. I feel positive that Daniel is the next boot from Tambaqui, but I also feel sure he is not going in Ep 3, because he's had virtually NO face time yet.

I think we will see a lot more of him next week (which is another reason I think the old vs. young rift is in Tambaqui -- Daniel will be a prominent factor in that scenario).

And I also think the women will boot Joanna in Ep 3, if only because she is a complete lunatic.

So, good for the ChillOne, his stock should go up considerably. And speaking of which, in the caps of Janet on the Early Show she looks stylish and fairly youthful. If the source and/or boat drivers remembered her appearance from after she was booted and fixed herself up, they might have thought she was around 30.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-21-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"

> "I would say Dan did
>the best he could. Yeah,
>he cost us the immunity
>challenge but to this day...I
>mean, I'm upset about what
>happened but maybe I'd have
>cost us the fourth one
>had I not gone."

>
>
Is he talking about the 4th IC or the 4th Challenge? If he is talking about the 4th challenge, that would be the RW in the next episode.

02-21-03, 03:31 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
Ryan, isolated at the lodge, would have to ask a lot of questions to figure out who won the reward challenges, but he could know the IC winners from who joined him in the lodge.

In addition, he would only learn of the RC winners from the most recent bootee; at which time 5 challenges would have occured rather than 4...I also doubt Daniel would take the blame for losing a RC, but he might use an IC loss as an excuse for his boot rather than saying "I was obnoxious and lazy, so they got rid of me"...

I suppose he might have been talking about the "4th Challenge", but there seem to be more reasons to believe "4th Immunity Challenge".

Krautboy

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-03, 05:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
I also made some comments here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3540.shtml

02-21-03, 06:10 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
So sorry for starting another thread, s_man!

I thought there might have been something posted already, but I missed yours for some reason. With all the fast and furious posting, threads seem to get pushed back to Page 2 and 3 very quickly. I'll be more careful in the future.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-03, 06:32 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
No Biggie - you are right - this, from last Friday, was already being burried.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-23-03, 08:00 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-03 AT 08:01 AM (EST)

I don't know where to post this article but I think this may be the best place coz I'm gonna comment on it with reference to Ryan's chat as well.

http://www.theargusonline.com/Stories/0,1413,83~2034~1192992,00.html

Phew! That was close for Roger
``Survivor'' - 8 tonight on Channel 5

Oakland native Roger Sexton barely squeaked past earning the dubious distinction of being the first one voted off ``Survivor'' last week. Three of his team members thought the Vietnam vet was too bossy.

Roger, Roger, Roger.

``It was just typical dad,'' said his daughter Amy Evensen, who watched the first show with her family in Valencia, where Sexton now lives. ``It was pretty scary, a tense moment when they were counting the votes. I remember telling him, `Just don't get kicked off in the first round,' and he made it.''

In this outing on the Amazon, the men are pitted against the women. Roger made some rather bold statements early on about not getting bested by the women's team. Although the men had a strong lead in the immunity challenge, they lost it when Maryland model Ryan Aiken and his partner, tax accountant Daniel Lue, kept falling off the balance beam.

The two earned Roger's ire early on because the loafers refused to carry their share of the load.

``He was frustrated enough with Ryan and Dan by that time,'' Evensen said of the two slackers. ``He was still frustrated with them when we were watching.''

Ryan later tried to drum up a coalition to oust Roger, which backfired when Ryan became the first one to get the boot. Rob ``Magic 8 Ball'' Cesternino played both ends against the middle - something Roger didn't know until he watched the show.

``He was upset when he watched the show and saw what Rob was doing,'' Evensen said.

So, does Amy think that her dad might make it long enough to collect the $1 million winner's purse?

``I recently got married, so of course I'm hoping he will so he can buy me a house,'' joked Amy. ``But with his attitude, I don't think so.''

Roger narrow escape from elimination pleased more than just his family. Kerrin Mitchell, identical twin sister of ``Survivor'' contestant Shawna Mitchell of Redwood City, said she really enjoyed watching Roger.

Part of that may stem from the creepy fact that ``Survivor'' guy Daniel may be one shade short of stalking Shawna. Daniel and some of the others kept talking about Shawna being hot.

``I think the most interesting part is Roger's role,'' Kerrin said. ``I watch him shaking his head at these younger guys going off on the girls. Watching his reactions to these younger guys was my favorite part of the show.''

Kerrin said she liked Roger's sincerity and was a little startled at Daniel's fascination with her identical twin.

Shawna and Kerrin were watching ``Survivor'' last Thursday at the Old Pro bar in Palo Alto.

Turns out a loud bar might not have been the best location to listen to the dialogue.

``Everyone at the bar where coming up and saying, `Hey, what did you think of tribal council?' and we couldn't figure out what they were talking about because we couldn't hear much from where we were,'' Kerrin said. ``Then we went home and watched the tape, and we were really laughing about it.

``At first, I thought `that's sweet,' then by tribal council, it's like `let it go, Daniel.' It's very interesting to be her identical twin through this.''

Down in Los Angeles, ``Survivor'' Alex Bell watched the show with a few of his friends, including fellow Alameda High School alum Jef Tyler of San Jose.

``We made a lot of fun of him, it was great,'' Tyler said. ``Every woman in the diner where we were watching went crazy at the end of the immunity challenge. They apparently took the two stupidest guys (Ryan and Dave), and chained them together. My personal feeling was that they should have stayed chained together for Tribal Council and both gotten booted off.''

Tyler said what viewers saw last Thursday ``was the real Alex. He has that charm that says `cool,' at least in this episode. He can always pull something (stupid) later,'' Tyler said.

``Alex didn't give a lot of insight to us while we were watching the show. I think he was just adjusting to seeing himself on television.''

Hopefully, Alex and the others will get that time to adjust. We'll see if we still have our three Bay Area contenders in the race after tonight's episode.

Interesting stuffs:
Rob ``Magic 8 Ball'' Cesternino played both ends against the middle - something Roger didn't know until he watched the show.
This is a little inconsistent with Ryan's chat where he commented that Rob's strategy "totally came back to bite him". Hmmm... come to think of it, do you think Ryan might have said "fourth challenge" when he might have meant later challenge? The number four could just be a random number that he came up with.

Kerrin (Shawna's twin sister) said she liked Roger's sincerity and was a little startled at Daniel's fascination with her identical twin.
Shawna probably never got to know Daniel and there may be a possibility that she got to know Roger and liked him.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

02-24-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
>>Interesting stuffs:
Rob ``Magic 8 Ball'' Cesternino played both ends against the middle - something Roger didn't know until he watched the show.
This is a little inconsistent with Ryan's chat where he commented that Rob's strategy "totally came back to bite him".<<

Not necessarily, SMTW. It might have backfired on Rob in connection with a different player. Interestingly, it sounds like Roger did not have any idea what Rob was doing while he was in the game, so I wonder if Roger fell victim to Rob's double-dealing.

>>Hmmm... come to think of it, do you think Ryan might have said "fourth challenge" when he might have meant later challenge? The number four could just be a random number that he came up with.<<

I still think "fourth" was a slip-up on Ryan's part. Normally a person would say "the second challenge" or "the next challenge" or "another challenge later," imo.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-03, 01:48 PM (EST)
10. "Could this be a CBS plant? Ryan-X?"
Could this "slip-up" by Ryan be a plant by CBS? I'm stunned that they let it past the censors during the chat. Could CBS have changed "third" to "fourth"??? It just seems too darn easy and convenient, and y'all KNOW how I feel about anthing coming from SeeBS.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-03, 07:05 AM (EST)
11. "No biggie?!"
I don't think, even for a second, that Ryan is in any way smarter than MB. Therefore, anything Ryan says, is "MB approved". But, a plant? No way!
By this, I mean that, in the vein of "G-Diva" and "Diane's friends", we should listen to "stupid lil Ryan".
His responses are definitely valid. He's in LL now, and will know of the others to join him, why not believe him now? MB has almost no concern for these earlier boots. So it is not that big of a deal to reveal that Daniel is gone in Ep.4, "or near" episode 4.

What I think you are really asking is if anyone believes that Daniel could go this next episode(Ep.3), or if he most likely goes in Ep.4, like Ryan said.

If that is the case, then I must say that...I haven't yet changed my PTTE, yet Daniel and Joanna are the next 2 to go, so who cares.

sorry,
tribephyl

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-03, 07:32 AM (EST)
12. "I remain unconvinced that Daniel..."
... is the next to go. No vic cap evidence proving it. Ryan using the word 'us' doesn't seem right when refering to events that occured after his boot.

02-25-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
17. "RE: I remain unconvinced that Daniel..."
>>Yeah, he cost us the immunity challenge but to this day...I mean, I'm upset about what happened but maybe I'd have cost us the fourth one had I not gone."<<

IceCat, I think Ryan was saying that Daniel cost "us" the first IC -- following which he (Ryan) got the boot. He then hypothesizes that had he not been voted out, he (Ryan) might have cost them the IC after which Daniel got the boot.

That's the way I read it, anyway.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-03, 07:43 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Could this be a CBS plant? Ryan-X?"
CBS's staff makes Clouseau look like a Baryshnikov so who knows? CBS has never stopped past contestants from blurting out their friends list so what makes us think they'll suddenly stop releasing any questionable details? It might not seem that significant to them at the time of the interview but by the time it got released and us hounds, uh I mean spoilers, dissected it up.

I also think that Joanna's boot this week also ties in with the storyline of Christy getting gradually redeemed as a potential final four contestant - see Joanna and Christy get into a spat, see Joanna get booted and see Christy rise like a phoenix.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

02-25-03, 08:40 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Could this be a CBS plant? Ryan-X?"
Sorry Dawg, but you seem a little paranoid...

What does your "Hollow Theory" say about this? Is MB hidding the EP4 Daniel Boot in plain site during EP3, only to have it disappear next episode?

I think Ryan was trying to say something nice about Daniel, slipped up, and we caught it.

Had it not been for the ChillOne Spoiler, we may not have paying as close attention to Daniel, and the general viewing audience didn't even see Daniel during last episode...he disappeared in EP2.

All the evidence seems to point to Daniel gone in EP4, leaving Joanna as the logical EP3 boot...

Krautboy

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-03, 09:19 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Could this be a CBS plant? Ryan-X?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-03 AT 09:19 AM (EST)

1) What does the Hollow Theory suggest? That Joanna is the next girl to go, and Daniel is the next guy to go. Joanna's fight with Christy was foreshadowing, but could also be misdirection to hide the next boot (Daniel). Daniel was shown several times, but always just sitting there, doing nothing (trying to make us think he's trying to fit in?). Now Alex/Roger was definitely misdirection for this episode, but laying groundwork for the future. So I was left wondering why Daniel was being shown as he was. Hmmmm...

2) "It ain't paranoia if they really are out to get you!" is a favorite quote of mine. No, I'm not being paranoid, because I don't think anyone was out to get me. BUT... when I didn't get a reply AT ALL for 24 hours, I was wondering if I was being ignored. It wouldn't be the first time I've posted something on this spoiler page, and not be able to get a response.

3) My problem with Ryan's slip up is that it was on a chat board controlled by CBS. They used to let out friends list, but not anymore. And CBS *NEVER* puts out something loosely, NOR SHOULD WE UNDERESTIMATE THEIR ABILITY AND DESIRE TO DECEIVE US! So I wondered if this was a red herring.

4) Other evidence does seem to point to Jabaru losing the IC, so it's probably correct that Joanna goes Ep. 3 and Daniel in Ep. 4... but that CBS chat thing does have my alarm bell going off.

Time will tell.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-03, 05:55 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Could this be a CBS plant? Ryan-X?"
Seems like a potential red herring to me, Dawg, which means we should probably just ignore it entirely.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-25-03, 07:38 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
Not that it's as important as figuring out who loses, but why would he be so sure about a certain challenge? I think he's comfortable physically and there's already been a mental challenge....could the 4th IC be the testing of local delicacies?

Also, looking at it in that respect, maybe the men didn't lose that IC, but Ryan is just saying it's something that he would've had difficulty doing or something that he wouldn't necessarily be good at.

02-25-03, 12:32 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
maybe the men didn't lose that IC, but Ryan is just saying it's something that he would've had difficulty doing

This had occurred to me too Kokoro, but I think you answered your own question here:

but why would he be so sure about a certain challenge? I think he's comfortable physically and there's already been a mental challenge

Right -- so it's probably not the type of challenge that made him mentally jump ahead to IC 4. It's because IC 4 specifically has something to do with Daniel, whom he was discussing at the time.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-25-03, 06:45 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
Something just occurred to me.

And I base it on the following assumptions:
1) JP and MB do not directly monitor the chat in real time.
2) There is a VERY short time (seconds) for editing by whoever the monitors are.
3) JP and MB minimize the number of employees that actually know the complete game outcome.

So, here is my curiosity; Would the actual monitors of the chat know who got booted in Ep 4?

We know the monitors are trained to not let certain questions and answers be utilized/shown, but if they did not know who actually went in episode 4 then they would not know themselves if Ryan was revealing something.

Just a thought...

02-25-03, 07:49 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
I'm quite certain that advance info on such things as boot order, exact nature of the challenges, etc. is on a need to know only basis, so I would expect that the monitors/censors are out of the loop in that respect. If they discover certain things through the performance of their jobs, that's part of the job; like a film editor cutting together challenge footage would obviously come to know much about the challenge itself. So, I'm guessing they are on their own about what/how to edit.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

02-26-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
Ryan's other interviews (pasting them here just in case the links change or get removed):

With SurvivorNews: http://www.survivornews.net/article.php?id=163

Revealing Private Ryan

SURVIVOR Amazon's first boot Ryan Aiken talks to SurvivorNews.net's Beth Brigham about his feelings about the ageism in the men's camp, the people he would take to the Final Four with him, his feelings about his ideal woman, and his thoughts on the lost Immunity Challenge, otherwise known as "BalanceBeamGate."
BY BETH BRIGHAM
Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Beth: Hi Ryan! Thanks for taking the time to answer questions for all your fans at SurvivorNews.net. What were your first thoughts when you realized that the tribes were going to be separated into the men v. the women?

Ryan: When we arrived on the boat and Jeff told us to have a seat I was a little nervous something was wrong. After he called out the 5th girl's name, I knew I was in deep trouble. It was then I realized it was going to be girls vs boys. I was completely shocked and at a loss for words. My stragety was simple: suck up to the women use my charm and personality to make them love me ..lol! No I just get along with women better. I knew at that point my game plan was gone and I had to dream up another one. In other words, I was stuck with all dudes and I wasn't a happy camper--hence the words "sausage fest."

Beth: In your CBS chat, you mentioned that a question you would like to be asked is what kinds of girls you would date. In your mental image of your "perfect woman", which qualities do you look for, both inside and out?

Ryan: The type of women I date hum-mm. I'll start with the physical first because that to me is the easiest. My perfect women is someone tall like over 5'6 and i'm attracted to very, very skinny athletic women. She has to work out and take care of her body as I do. If she were tan that would be nice, too. I love women with nice eye brows, good teeth, and I hate body hair lol--I'm weird when it comes to that. I like long straight hair and I'm not really into bangs. Blondes and brunettes are what I usually go for but I've seen some hotties with red hair lol. I'd like my "perfect" woman to eat relatively sensibly, not as extreme as I do but healthy. As far as personality goes, she HAS to have a sense of humor because I am a ball buster lol I am very sarcastic and I should be taken with a grain of salt. She has to be a Christian, and have a good home life. She has to love her mother and father and have a very sweet side to her. In an intimate relationship I'd have to be a priority but she needs to have career goals. Someone that will make me her King because she will be my Queen.

Beth: After meeting and getting to know all the men on your tribe, let's suppose you could have made it to the Final Four. Of the men, who would be your picks to take to the Final Four with you?

Ryan: The men I would pick to go to the final four would be of course myself, Mateo (Matt), Dan and Dave.

Beth: Did you feel there was a strong "young bucks" against the "older men" feeling between any of the men on your tribe?

Ryan: I felt it was the "young bucks" vs the old men as soon as I saw Roger and Butch shake hands in the boat as soon as the game started. They aligned immediately and I'm the only one who saw this and said "VOTEM OFF ASAP"--No one wants to see an outcome like Thailand again. I wanted someone young to win like myself. I made a gamble and it didn't pay off.

Beth: Both Matthew and Alex seemed torn as to whether they fit in best with the "young bucks" or the "older men." What is your take on their feelings about that kind of choice?

Ryan: At that point in the game it was somewhat old vs young and this is a very good question. I feel that Alex was torn between myself and Roger and he was confused. I was a much better candidate to take as a alliance member for the rest of the game. I guess Alex didn't see it that way. Mateo was on my side from the beginning because we had a lot in common and similar personalities. I was on Mateo's side from the beginning and vice versa.

Beth: Roger has made some very strong statements against homosexuality. In his argument with Alex in Episode 2, he said some things that really seemed to make Alex and others uncomfortable. In his attack on your youth in Episode 1, he said some unkind things as well. In some ways, Roger seems to be the Rudy Boesch (SURVIVOR 1) of this season. How did Roger's willingness to express his opinions openly based on surface impressions affect the rest of the tribe?

Ryan: Roger is very stubborn in his own beliefs and he feels that he can say or do what ever he wants and get away with it. I felt that way from day 1. I have my faults as well but I'm not ignorant, either. I have a lot of opinions about people but some things are best left unsaid. If people are gay all the power to them--whatever makes you happy. Who is Roger or myself for that matter to judge someone else? All and all, that's just the way Roger was and he will never change. That's why I voted for him 1st because I didn't like him. I bet Rob and Alex wished that they would of listen to me and voted Roger off and not sweet nice Ryan. lol

Beth: You have mentioned that you and Dave really hit it off. What was it about Dave that drew you to him, other than your ties to Ellicott City?

Ryan: Dave and myself have a very very unique relationship and it's hard to explain. The biggest reason that we hit it off was because out of 75,000 applicant we were chosen and we went to school 10 mins away from each other....its a small world. We know the same people and liked the same chick in high school lol! We just never met--how funny is that one????? Dave is a stand up guy and we made a good bond and a great friendship. But I was pissed at him for not backing me up with the whole Roger thing. I really didn't lean on him like I should have but what can I do now? He a good guy and I wish him the best in the game. Dave knows I'm the Man!! lOL lol lol

Beth: It's unfortunate that you were tied to Daniel in the balance beam challenge. Given the way that Roger felt about you, do you think that if you had been partnered with someone else that you would have been spared being the first person booted off?

Ryan: I would say yes if I was paired with someone else I wouldn't have been the 1st voted off. After the challenge the "spot light" so to speak was on ME and my ass was on the stove. It was going to be me or Roger regardless but after losing I lost a lot of credibility with my tribe. I just wanted a merge. lol

Beth: You seemed to be having fun in the Amazon jungle. You did a good job of hiding the fact that you were feeling ill, in fact. You appeared to be playing in the trees with Daniel while the others worked so hard to build the shelter. In hindsight, was there anything different that you could have said or done differently (other than being teamed with Daniel on the beam) that might have prolonged your stay there?

Ryan: I would say there is nothing I could have done differently. It is all in the editing and the storyline. I BUSTED MY ASS the whole time I was there. Roger is the one who sat by the fire and boiled water like a pregnant chick lol. He talked ##### because he wanted to persuade the rest of the tribe to go with him to vote me off. Myself, Dave, Rob and Mateo busted our asses hands down. So I got clowned and it made good TV--it's all good. I came across ok I thought and it was a close vote. Rob just felt I was more of a threat to him then Roger was, I guess?

Beth: Being on SURVIVOR is certain to change your life. If you are presented with any opportunities, what would be your *dream career* that might result from this?

Ryan: I came on survivor to win hands down and to get a life-changing experience and I got what I signed up for. I have a passion for acting that I was pursuing before the show and I still will after the show. CBS, and Mark Burnett, gave me the ride of my life and if I could do it all again I would do it in a second even if that meant being voted off 1st.

Beth: Again, Ryan, thanks for taking the time to share your feelings about your experiences. Just getting to be chosen to be on the show is quite a coup, and it seems that bad luck and circumstance led you to being the first boot.

Ryan: To the viewers: thanks for all the support and for the questions..................its been a great trip!

02-26-03, 04:03 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
With RNO: http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article2805.art&page=1

Survivor: The Amazon - An Interview with Ryan
by David Bloomberg -- 02/26/2003

Ryan Aiken was the first person voted off of Survivor: The Amazon. Was he really the slacker Roger claimed? Was there as much trash-talking about the women as we were shown - or maybe more? Hear Ryan's side of the story in our interview with Ryan.

Ryan Aiken had a plan that was ruined when he realized the tribes were split by gender. Still, after becoming Roger's first target he tried to form a counter-alliance but still ended up as the first person voted off of Survivor: The Amazon. RealityNewsOnline had the opportunity to ask him some questions about what happened.

RealityNewsOnline: Why did you and Daniel not seem to be working when everybody else was, to the point that Roger, and apparently others, were annoyed by it?

Ryan: See, what you see on TV is like 5-7 minutes of a day that consists of 12 hours of solid working. Everyone took breaks and did different tasks. Myself, Matt, Rob and Dave pretty much chopped down all the trees and did the base of the shelter. Roger tended to the fire like he was pregnant lady and told people what to do. lol It's all about who tells the story. Dan wasn't a WORKHORSE but he did what he could. The only person who was a beast and never breaked much was MATEO. All and all everyone worked hard Roger just wanted to paint the picture of someone not working because I was a definite threat to him. He knew he was boss and people couldn't stand his attitude. My downfall was in the challenge aligning with Dan.

RNO: Were you upset that Daniel took the blame for the loss but you took the fall?

Ryan: Yes and no. I knew the vote was going to be between myself and Roger after Day 2. Dan was just someone who fuc#$% up. It happens. He had a bad day at my expense and he was hooked to me and we blew a 20-min lead to the women. I wasn't a happy camper during the whole balance beam incident. I was screaming, "What's the problem?" which in turn didn't help the situation.

RNO: Why do you think they went after you instead of Daniel?

Ryan: I think I was a threat if indeed the tribes merged and we were with the women. I'm not saying I'm a pimp but I work well with women. Plus someone had to go. There weren't many weak links on the team, just personality differences. All and all it made good TV and it was shocking.

I was a threat because I can talk and people generally listen to me. Dave and I clicked the first two minutes of meeting each other and he wanted Dan off. I needed Dan to X Roger. I should have leaned on Dave more but I thought I was good with Rob... I was wrong. In Survivor you only get ONE SHOT.

RNO: At first everybody seemed to get along, but then people started breaking off into smaller groups. What changed?

Ryan: We broke off into smaller groups - the old guys and the young guys. Alex was 33 so he fit in the middle and played both sides and so did Mateo (Matt) plus once the shelter was done you have a lot of down time to get to know each other. Roger is really judgmental and says whatever he wants.

RNO: Was it difficult for you to fit in with the others, as the youngest on your tribe?

Ryan: No I fit in fine its just really tough when it's 8 guys. Like I said it was a meat market.

RNO: Was there really as much trash-talking and discussion of the women as there seemed?

Ryan: Yeah, more than it showed if that was possible. The conditions were really rough and you saw how hard the women took it. They beat us on the challenge because we blew a 20 minute lead. All and all we still had a shelter. I would have loved to have migrated over to the women's tribe to help them boil their underwear and buffs. lol. I would have loved to have been the only guy on an all girl team.

RNO: What was up with Dave getting so upset over the joking around about catching fish at the immunity challenge - does he have a sense of humor?

Ryan: Dave is a stand up guy with a lot of integrity and ethics. He can't tolerate lying. What he didn't realize and what later I helped him realize was we were just trying to psych our opponents out. He has a great sense of humor and he's a lot of fun... lol. Plus we had just gotten our asses kicked by the women so everyone was a little on edge.

RNO: Who would you like to see win, and why? Who do you think WILL win?

Ryan: I don't really care who wins. I'll go for a woman because the guys booted me off. Christy, Jenna, or Joanna

RNO: Which four women would you have liked to have in your tribe if it wasn't split by gender?

Ryan: Joanna, Christy, Janet, and Shawna... Jenna would be too much of a distraction.

RNO: You said on the show that as soon as you saw it was divided by gender, your strategy went out the window - what was your original strategy and why did you know it had to be changed?

Ryan: My strategy was simple just love the women. lol No, I just have a better rapport with women than I do men. Plus you need four women to throw some estrogen into the testosterone-filled jungle. Having all guys was my worst nightmare. Hence I got the boot...

RNO: Thanks, Ryan!

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-26-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
RNO: Which four women would you have liked to have in your tribe if it wasn't split by gender?

Ryan: Joanna, Christy, Janet, and Shawna... Jenna would be too much of a distraction.

So this must be the women Ryan met up with at loser lodge, yes?

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
>RNO: Which four women would you have liked to have in your tribe if it wasn't split by gender?
>Ryan: Joanna, Christy, Janet, and Shawna... Jenna would be too much of a distraction.

>So this must be the women Ryan met up with at loser lodge, yes?

Some of them, yes. I doubt all of them. Good LL candidates (we need 7) are (speculation & rumors included): Ryan, Janet, Daniel, JoAnna, and possibly Dave, Alex, and Shawna.

If all of the women Ryan mentions would make it to LL, the men would do better than expected.

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-26-03, 04:25 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
Why made you not include Roger or Christy in your picks a loser lodge, forehead? It would seem to me that both of those players are largely unliked by their teams.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
For Christy there is a spoiler that she lost some weight and was on a tribe with men (I'll admit not the most solid spoiler) as well as the ChilleOne (who is wrong in boot order specifics, but could still be right in describing the first four and the final four).

For Roger there is no indication either way, so I'm just going with Snewser's scorecard for now.

While both are 'edited' as unliked by some, an early merge or swap in ep5 could save them for a while.

Like I said, speculation & rumors included

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-03, 07:07 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
>>RNO: Which four women would you have liked to have in your tribe if it wasn't split by gender?
>>Ryan: Joanna, Christy, Janet, and Shawna... Jenna would be too much of a distraction.
>
>>So this must be the women Ryan met up with at loser lodge, yes?
>
>Some of them, yes. I doubt all of them. Good LL
>candidates (we need 7) are (speculation & rumors
>included): Ryan, Janet, Daniel, JoAnna,
>and possibly Dave, Alex, and Shawna.

Let's not forget that Tanya mentioned that Brian "was like a brother" to her when asked who she'd like to win in her interview on the Early Show after her boot, along with a couple of other names she threw out ... it led some people to speculate that Brian wouldn't last to the end with the thinking that she might have gotten to know him in LL.

Same thing with Diane's friend list -- Teresa was on the list, but she made it to the final five. I think for the most part, the friends list always include one person (or two) that lasts much longer than the others mentioned.

This one person would probably be either Christy or Jenna from Ryan's list.

Of course... Ryan's pretty much an incompetent buffoon from what we've seen so far, so CBS probably didn't have to sweat too much with whatever he had to say.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

02-26-03, 04:05 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
With RTV Fans: http://www.realitytvfans.com/newspub/story.cfm?ID=5998

Survivor Amazon: An Interview with Ryan
The First Person Voted Off
by Lisa Mehlbrech - This story has been viewed 264 times.

RTVF: You said you had a strategy coming out, but when the tribes were split by gender that strategy went out the window. What was your strategy coming into the game?

RYAN: My strategy was women. I get along with women better and having 4 women on a tribe balances out the testosterone that guys have. Plus women smell better... lol

RTVF: In previous Survivor seasons, many people have learned that it is not wise to speak up, especially in the beginning. Do you regret saying all that you did to Roger and the other men?

RYAN: No not at all. I was pretty low key at camp I acted the way I didn't in my promos. I really didn't want to gun for anyone but Roger didn't like me from the jump and what can you do. I had no choice.

RTVF: When the other men were talking about the women at tribal council, you were making hand gestures. Were you not into any of the women? Which one did you like the most?

RYAN: I have a very sarcastic personality and that's just me being me playing people out. lol. I love it. I wasn't there to have a hook up party I was there to compete for a million dollars. Joanna and Jenna are my picks if I had to choose. Joanna has the most beautiful facial features and Jenna is banging on all cylinders. She's a hottie! lol

RTVF: A lot of men thought Roger was bossy. How would you characterize the men in your tribe?

RYAN: Everyone in our tribe has extreme personalities and everyone is a leader in there own little world. Alex is a lot like me, Roger is a take it or leave it, Dave is a stand up guy, Butch is pretty outspoken, Mateo does his own thing, Dan/Rob are along for the ride and trying to blend in.

RTVF: What did you think of the other men's luxury items, and how useful were they?

RYAN: The other guys luxury items were more personable than useful. Butch's banner came in use to cover our food supply during the rain. Mine came in the most useful in building out shelter.

RTVF: Roger characterized you and Daniel as lazy. Do you feel that you were lazy? What did you do around camp?

RYAN: What you didn't see was Roger tended to the fire like a pregnant lady and told people what to do so he didn't have to. I busted my ass building the shelter. Everyone knows that. He threw me into the mix with Dan because he knew I was a immediate threat and he was trying to sway the votes of the tribe in the beginning. I guess it worked.

RTVF: Was living in the Amazon a lot different than camping out somewhere in the U.S.? What were the differences?

RYAN: Different doesn't do the Amazon justice. When you are camping in the US normally you would have food and maybe a chick to keep you company or maybe a guy whatever category you fall into, lol a sleeping bag, and you would be in a safe environment. The Amazon is no joke. There are things that can mess you up, spiders, parasites, and I don't know about you but I've never camped where there are alligators.

RTVF: What did you think about Rob's comments and how he was able to play both sides?

RYAN: I would have never imagined Rob to be so manipulating and smart. He is a survivor nut and he never missed an episode and that was my downfall. He was a smart player but I didn't want to start lying in the beginning. I thought he didn't like Roger and he was on my side... I was wrong. I had Dave and I should have used him. So maybe I was a little too confident.

RTVF: Is it true that you never watched any of the other Survivor shows? What made you apply for this one?

RYAN: My family is huge fans of the show. I watched all of Survivor AFRICA and thought the show was pretty cool. I wanted a life changing experience and a change to win a million dollars. The ##### people do and go though for money, huh. It was the greatest experience of my life and it's not worth giving it up for a million dollars. I met some awesome people who I've grown to love and deeply respect.

RTVF: You mentioned in your final speech that after three days you had already learned so much about yourself. What did you learn besides how to build shelter?

RYAN: The biggest thing that I learned was things are not always what they seem to be. I can be a good bullshitter but so can other people. Survivor is the only chance in life where you can meet 15 other people who know NOTHING about you or your personality. You start off with a clean slate. You are getting a non-biased opinion of who you are and how you come across both good and bad. I learned more watching myself interact with people then I did going through it. I'm a lot of fun but sometimes I come across too cocky. It's just my personality I like to laugh and joke around. Like me, love me or hate me - it's me.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-03, 05:15 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Ryan's CBS chat"
Great interview and thanks for putting it on here. I just cant see myself relying on info provided by a boy who can't string together a complete thought; and had his whole stratagy blown out of the water when he couldn't smile at the girls and have them join him.

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-01-03, 05:03 PM (EST)
31. "Men lose E4 IC - Speculation"
What about combining the following.

From Ryan's chat
"I would say Dan did the best he could. Yeah, he cost us the immunity challenge but to this day...
I mean, I'm upset about what happened but maybe I'd have cost us the fourth one had I not gone."

Picture of Matthew and Rob at E4 IC.

Speculation
The men's team lose E4 IC on a technicality. Perhaps one of them breaks the rules (does not
follow directions). The look on Matthew's face is one of shock and disbelief.

03-02-03, 09:53 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Men lose E4 IC - Speculation"
I thought Matt was just reacting to the possibility that Alex's hand might have been bitten off by a piranha. The screenshot of Matt followed right after Alex put his hand in the lake and there was a splash in the lake.

03-05-03, 09:40 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Men lose E4 IC - Speculation"
Their fourth loss was IC3, they have currently lost four out of five challenges.

03-06-03, 11:55 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Men lose E4 IC - Speculation"
The men are not going to lose IC 4 -- we have other indications of this, and Ryan's thought process here seems to support it:

He blames Daniel for losing IC 1. But he is speculating how long he (Ryan) would have lasted if ROGER got booted in Ep 1.

Without Roger gunning for him, Ryan feels he would have been off the hook when the men went to TC again, because they would target Daniel for his poor performance. Ryan knows that this happened at TC 3, so he feels he would have been safe until Ep 4. At that point he could have been at risk again: "maybe I'd have cost us the fourth one had I not gone."

But this thought doesn't make sense if the men did lose the fourth one, as a result of someone else's, or all of Tambaqui's, incompetence. In that case it would be more natural for Ryan to think "maybe I'd have WON us the fourth one had I not gone."

So, imo, Ryan's remark points to the men winning IC 4.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-03, 08:26 PM (EST)
33. "Bump..."
To facilitate discussion that has sprung up again on a now closed duplicate thread.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •