The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Something scary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dfox 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-17-00, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Something scary"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-00 AT 01:05 PM (EST)

I hate using these words but, could this be a possible SPOILER?

Since taping, we have seen a multitude of quotes, guest appearances, radio talk-show spots, ad infinitum. However, we have yet to hear one thing from (or about) Susan.

Rudy - "Don't call me and I won't call you." So we would not expect to hear anything about him.

Kelly - Dad says she appears in all 13 episodes. Which we no know to be true.

Rich - Hosting his own radio show in a couple of weeks. Legal fees stuff.

Susan - nada. OK, there was a quote by her husband along the lines of him thinking that she could win. But, this seems like a pre-taping quote to me. I was just reminded by an AK post that there is her saying something about winning three years worth of salary for her. But, for a trailer-trash redneck, that could mean anything.

Are we being played like a deck of Gervase's cards?

"I dunno" - Rudy

OK this post blows. Skip it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Susan's winnings AyatollahKhomeini 08-17-00 1
 Rich's legal fees DivaByTheSea 08-17-00 2
   RE: Scarey castaway 08-17-00 3
       Scary Rudy? AyatollahKhomeini 08-17-00 6
   this is a kelly not rich thing BadAs 08-17-00 4
       articles AyatollahKhomeini 08-17-00 5
   RE: Rich's legal fees Nutz2U 08-17-00 7
       RE: Rich's legal fees meg2000 08-17-00 8
           RE: Rich's legal fees dfox 08-18-00 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-17-00, 01:16 PM (EST)
1. "Susan's winnings"
No, don't skip it. I think that this kind of analysis is valuable. The quote attributed to Susan was that she won enough money so that she didn't have to work for three years. That's not quite the same thing as winning three years salary. It COULD be interpreted that she won more!

We now know that MarryMeDirk's interpretation of the Richard legal fees quote was accurate (it didn't say he spent all of his winnings but that he spent $45K from his winnings, meaning that he could have (and did) win more). Maybe the Susan quote is likewise open to reinterpretation?

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-17-00, 02:14 PM (EST)
2. "Rich's legal fees"
Back in mid-May the story broke that one of the Survivor castaways was involved in a legal case (Rich), where the Rhode Island authorities waited to expediete him until he was done with his committment to the show. The news reports that were reported led the readers to believe that Rich did not win--that the authorities were waiting for him. I've never thought that Rich would win the whole thing b/c of his controversy before the show ever aired. Just another tidbit to add to the speculations.

castaway 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-17-00, 02:28 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Scarey"
Speaking of scarey... whatever happened with that quote of MB about the winner being "scarey to society"? I don't think anyone would consider Rudy to be that frightening. Now the other 3...

08-17-00, 05:38 PM (EST)
6. "Scary Rudy?"
Wouldn't a Rudy victory actually say nice things about our society? For example, that we respect our elders and their accomplishments? Even though they are reduced to saying "I dunno" by time, we want to reward them for what they've done?

No wonder so many people want Rudy to win!

BadAs 372 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-17-00, 02:49 PM (EST)
4. "this is a kelly not rich thing"
Rich cleared his name, the case was dropped by family court and Rich has a law suit pending for "defamation of character" or something like that. The Kelly credit card deal was a North carolina bench warrent, that the interview cops were not going to "pay the cost" to retrieve Kelly from Nevada.

this late in the spoiler game, it does get confusing and tibits of information get fused, twisted, and applied.

All this information can be found on rudyreigns web site.

08-17-00, 05:30 PM (EST)
5. "articles"
We've posted some of the links before, if anyone is interested. The Kelly bench warrant from N.C. and the Kelly arrest record from Nev. are on www.thesmokingggun.com ; the Rich arrest and lawsuit articles (plus Kelly articles) are on Yahoo. BA has correctly represented the main issues.

To give Richard his due, it appears that he adopted a troubled child, who are incredibly hard to place for adoption. The juvenile judge dismissed the charges against him in the first hearing, and all of the on-line articles seem to indicate that the R.I. authorities may have reacted to Richard's "lifestyle choices" (I'll let you interpret that euphemism) in bringing the action in the first place.

Nutz2U 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-17-00, 10:29 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Rich's legal fees"
Hang on a second....how could Rich have "used" part or all of his winnings to pay for legal fees? Wasn't CBS waiting until the show ended (on TV-NOT real-time!) before anything was paid out? Maybe I am mis-reading the information....

"I dunno"

Still pulling for Rudy!! HOOYAH!!

meg2000 28 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-00, 10:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Rich's legal fees"
Trailer trash redneck???? Do you really have any idea what truck drivers make? I know some that make A LOT more than $50,000 a year depending on if they drive local or distance and what they are hauling. I think that IF that quote is true, it would imply that she either wins or comes in second.

dfox 33 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-00, 01:17 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Rich's legal fees"
According to the Milwaukee News, she drives a cement truck. Not what I would consider the elite strata of the truck driving profession.

Actually, I just like to bash Sue. She grates on my nerves. I wasn't really (at that point) trying to argue one way or the other concerning where here earnings might place her.

Also, I think that Sue has played the game so far. I just hope she doesn't play it too well on the next ep.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •