The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does Ted Go?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-10-02, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does Ted Go?"
I haven't much discussion about Ted getting the boot.

He did upset the woman way back in episode 3 with the sexual abuse of Ghandia. They didn't vote him off then, because they knew it would kill there only remaining chance of winning any tribal challenges. Then, after the merge, they needed his vote in the Pagonging of the other tribe. This upcoming episode is the first real chance they have had to show there displeasure with him. Obviously Clay doesn't think that highly of him, either. Ted is a BIG Threat in any physical challenge. Remember he is an ex-football player and played at the professional level of Football. I would be looking to get rid of Ted.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does Ted Go? Spidey 12-10-02 1
 Yes Krautboy 12-10-02 2
   RE: Agree Boilermaker 12-10-02 3
       RE: Agree Brownroach 12-10-02 4
   RE: Yes esquire 12-10-02 5
       Clay Wacko Jacko 12-10-02 6
           RE: Clay Bebo 12-10-02 7
 RE: Does Ted Go? esquire 12-13-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-10-02, 11:24 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Does Ted Go?"
>He did upset the woman way
>back in episode 3 with
>the sexual abuse of Ghandia.

That may be overstating it a bit, but yes, I agree he did tarnish his image somewhat. Although I think Jan and Helen were wise to Ghandia's since-admitted embellishment. And if he does win a car and rubs it in people's faces, that could irritate folks.

But I just don't see Brian taking the chance of ticking off a sure jury vote in Ted by taking him out now. Perhaps if Ted tried to rally the troops (Helen and Jan) to get rid of Clay, then Brian could be justified because (same scenario with Helen) he wasn't following the "plan." And Brian also really would prefer to ditch Jan now over anyone else. Helen, Ted and Clay would most likely each take Brian into F2. Jan does not appear to have a pact and is a wildcard.

What these idjuts need to do is vote off Brian NOW. Jan, Helen and Ted could take him out right now, then Clay (barring IC win) and cruise into the final 3. But we know that isn't what happens. Idjuts, I say.

This is going to be a tricky week. We have 3 boot candidates: Helen, Ted and Jan.

Jan - "Not in it for the money," achieved her goal, and unlikely to hold a grudge. Easy target. Delay the nastiness a few more days.

Helen: Lots of attention last week, recent news articles. Preparing us for her boot?

Ted: Strongest IC challenger. Perhaps lingering animosity (but I doubt it) But unless he tries to stir things up, not a likely target just yet. And not a ton of face time in the last few weeks.

IMO, possible, but unlikely. But of course, that's just my op. and my record is not stellar!

An IceCat Original, 2002

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-10-02, 11:52 AM (EST)
2. "Yes"
Yes, I think so.

It would happen as a result of Clay winning Immunity ("Here we go again, the circus is coming")...

and Brian collecting on the debt of gratitude Helen owes him ("she owes me").

Ted is trying to take the game into his own hands...(“Feeling rebuffed by a former ally, one Survivor hatches a plan and enlists the support of unlikely new allies.”)

Ted has had an alliance with Jan since Ghandia and has her vote in his back pocket.

Ted is playing too hard for Brian and gaining power, Brian needs to nip it in the bud this week.

Ted is the prime candidate this week.

Krautboy

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-10-02, 03:40 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Agree"
Any ideas on what this debt of gratitude is due from and why Helen doesn't believe that she would still be around without Brian? I think that this has something to do with Episode 1 or 2 and Helen being a possible boot canidate back then. Probably eliminated by the editing (though maybe by my sometimes foggy memory). I'm just throwing a dart blindly and seeing if it sticks on any of you.

As stated above there really is no need to vote off Jan now. She is an easy vote next week and has the least chance to win the Final Immunity Challenge.

The misdirection is trying to lead us to believe that Brian might be in trouble due to Ted (rebuffed alliance member) trying to plot against him. Ted already has an enemy in Clay. If he gets one more in Brian he is gone for sure. Brian could then collect on his debt from Helen, have Helen and Clay (who would be more than happy to) vote off Ted, and voila we have our Final Four.

If this occurs Ted might only fault himself for turning on Brian and still vote for Brian or be a 50/50 voter depending on the Final 2.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-02, 04:38 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Agree"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-02 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-10-02 AT 04:55 PM (EST)

>>Any ideas on what this debt of gratitude is due from and why Helen doesn't believe that she would still be around without Brian? I think that this has something to do with Episode 1 or 2 and Helen being a possible boot canidate back then.<<

Has to be, Boilermaker, IMO. We saw Ted, Clay and Ghandia seriously discuss voting Helen off in Ep 2, and Ghandia and Tanya did vote for her. With votes from Ted and Clay she would have been gone. I think Brian convinced Ted and Clay to vote for Tanya in Ep 2 -- or at least Brian TOLD Helen that he did, thus saving her from the boot.

Edited to add:

I very much like Krautboy's analyis for a Ted boot. The sticking point is that, with a few minor changes, you can use the same basic logic to support a Helen boot.

Helen may "owe" Brian, but it was she who started taking things into her own hands last episode, so Brian may see Helen as a looser cannon than Ted. And Brian may also feel that Ted "owes" him -- for going along with the Penny boot, which seemed to have been Ted's idea.

Ted..Helen...Ted...Helen...Ted...Helen...which one goes, and which one does Brian keep until F3???
Damn, I can't decide!

12-10-02, 04:49 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Yes"
>
>and Brian collecting on the debt
>of gratitude Helen owes him
>("she owes me").
>

Since we have no idea what Brian is referring to when he says "she owes me", he could be referring to Jan instead of Helen. We shouldn't automatically assume the she in that sentence is Helen

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-10-02, 05:08 PM (EST)
6. "Clay"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-02 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

Do you guys really think Clay is not a boot possibility?

He is easily the biggest loose cannon of anyone left. Examples, going against the pack and voting for Jake instead of Penny. And also him being the one who instigated the Ted but with SJ. I think his personality is the most flamboyant too.

Don't you think Burnett is painting Clay as the boot? And this season he has pretty much painted the actual bootee every episode but Erin. There have not been any Jan hints. Haven't really been any Brian or Helen boot pictures. It's been a awhile since he painted Ted and Clay is the only CJ that he has foreshadowed a possible boot in any real recent time.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-02, 05:15 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Clay"
Do you guys really think Clay is not a boot possibility?

If the TDT spoiler is true, then Clay is not a boot possibility this week. I believe in the spoiler, which is why I'm looking at Ted and Helen.

12-13-02, 09:34 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Does Ted Go?"
I guess he does.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •