The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-10-02, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Is there a possiblity that there is a 14 member jury?

From the EZ Board:

in the catbird seat
(4/10/02 8:15:09 am)
Reply Gina on radio this morning (Weds)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This morning on the radio- 93.7 in eastern NC on the Bob and Tom show- they had Gina on the phone.
The interview had one comment that really stuck out.
They said to Gina "So then you didn't make the jury" and her response was "(pause) No... not if they do it the way they usually do" or something to that effect.
It could be that she just said that to mess with us- but hearing it, and the pause... no... I got the feeling maybe she IS on the jury.
Take it for what it's worth.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone else hear this interview? It is possible to have the interview posted here so we can have the exact quote. This interview could lead to a potential spoiler.

Thanks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... Tatina 04-10-02 1
   RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... SurvivinDawg 04-10-02 10
       RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... Bebo 04-10-02 11
           RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... SurvivinDawg 04-10-02 12
               RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... survivorscott 04-10-02 22
       the JURY...? VanQ 04-10-02 13
           RE: the JURY...? sorgee 04-10-02 14
           RE: the JURY...? SurvivinDawg 04-10-02 17
               RE: the JURY...? Bebo 04-10-02 19
 RE: Gina on Jury Cathy the Canadian 04-10-02 2
 RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... Bebo 04-10-02 3
   Found the station Bebo 04-10-02 5
   RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... PagongRatEater 04-10-02 24
 RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... Cin 04-10-02 4
   RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... Kokoro 04-10-02 6
       RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... dabo 04-10-02 7
           RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... Bebo 04-10-02 8
               RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... SurvivinDawg 04-10-02 9
                   RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... Kokoro 04-10-02 25
           RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... survivorscott 04-10-02 23
               RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... Kokoro 04-10-02 26
 RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... jkokoj 04-10-02 15
   How to do bold SurvivinDawg 04-10-02 16
   RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... GuessItRains 04-10-02 18
   NoNos DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 04-10-02 20
 Jury Outfrontgirl 04-10-02 21
   RE: Jury SurvivinDawg 04-10-02 27
       RE: Jury kdzgon 04-10-02 28
 RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... wepaxson 04-11-02 29
   RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... MeToo 04-11-02 30
       RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show th... wepaxson 04-11-02 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-10-02, 10:22 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
If they had a 14 member jury why then the "Jury's Out" only the next week ? Wouldn't it be a bit like having the second episode named "The Twist" and then having the twist two episodes later ?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-10-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
If they had a 14 member jury why then the "Jury's Out" only the next week ? Wouldn't it be a bit like having the second episode named "The Twist" and then having the twist two episodes later ?

You bring up a point: Why use THAT title ("Jury's Out")?!?! WHY the emphasis on the JURY?!?!

Let's suppose for just one second that it's true that everyone WILL be on the jury. This would probably be revealed next episode, the first post-merge episode. That would certainly be a shocker, and a game-changer for our friends, n'est pas?

You don't suppose there just MIGHT be something to this....

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 12:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
>You bring up a point:
>Why use THAT title ("Jury's
>Out")?!?! WHY the emphasis
>on the JURY?!?!

Some folks think it's a clue that Judge Paschal is taking the walk, but I don't think so. Still, your point is valid. I think the previews for tomorrow night will be interesting and could help us figure out this mystery.

>Let's suppose for just one second
>that it's true that everyone
>WILL be on the jury.
> This would probably be
>revealed next episode, the first
>post-merge episode. That would
>certainly be a shocker, and
>a game-changer for our friends,
>n'est pas?
>
>You don't suppose there just MIGHT
>be something to this....

The problems with this one have already been brought up but are worth repeating:
- A 14 person jury can result in a tie. MB would have a hissy if it ended up 7-7 (although I'd be ROFLMAO). How would a tie be resolved...rock/paper/scissors?
- Peter, Patricia, and Hunter have only had interaction with old Maraamu. Gina has not had interaction with Old Rotu. Gabe has had interaction with all surviving players. All of the information for their votes (except for Gabe) would be solely based on other people's experiences -- they would never have had the chance to form their own opinions.

S.O.B.

04-10-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Congrats on 600 posts, Bebo... make sure that 666 is a good one!

I don't really think there will be a 14 person jury... I just threw that out there for consideration. But we DO have to think of things like that....

One more thing: Titles are usually NOT misdirection, but RARELY have anything really solid to do with the bootee. Usually it comes to be something innocuous (various "winds twist" type titles) or part of a plotline that has little to do with the bootee ("No pain no gain" type stuff). So I would be very surprised if Pappy gets booted that episode. It COULD, however, refer to Neleh, as Pappy's "jury" (the Judge and Jury, get it?) as the possible bootee, but I don't think MB's staff that makes these names are that slick.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-10-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-02 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

I think the title refers to how far into the game the 10th remaining contestant gets.

"You made it this far, but the jury is out (of the question)."

edited to say. that my theory is not right because it happens in episode 8 not 7 so therefore it wouldn't work at all.

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-10-02, 01:12 PM (EST)
13. "the JURY...?"
One other thought, what if MB decided to bring everyone back from the switch episode on.. he chose to do the switch at 13, episode 4. On S3 he did the switch with an even number of players still left in the game, on episode 5. 12 in total still playing.
Putting these people in the jury might be fair this way, because everyone has some interaction with the other tribe. They may not know all of them directly, but they would have been told things about the other players too. What great Karma, that you could still have some of your strategy come back and haunt you in the jury.. ala Gina for Rob/Sean and Gabe for John.
It could be that the Tahite press # is incorrect...
Dont know if I put too much into this spoiler but could make an interesting twist.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-10-02, 01:14 PM (EST)
14. "RE: the JURY...?"
interesting idea. it would add a very nice punch to the dynamic of the jury.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Don't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

04-10-02, 01:57 PM (EST)
17. "RE: the JURY...?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-02 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

VanQ, you bring up an EXCELLENT point. Just SCINTILLATING!

If the jury is actually composed of post-swap personnel, it would explain some things that have been bothering the hell out of me, to wit:

1) This would explain why Peter and Patricia never knew any Rotus! Up to now I'd assumed that Patricia just lied about Gabe OR SeeBS lied for her in her chat.

2) This would explain why Gabe got to know and be mesmerized by Gina without Hunter there to whisk her away! She's not been hanging out with big "H", that's why.

3) It does complicate the spoiler about getting to know Rob, however.

04-10-02, 02:23 PM (EST)
19. "RE: the JURY...?"
It would be an interesting twist to things, and you're right, it would explain those nagging doubts you brought up.

>3) It does complicate the spoiler
>about getting to know Rob,
>however.

Are you talking about Patricia's spoiler, or Gina's? It wouldn't complicate Gina getting to know Rob better.

As for Patricia's opinion of Rob, I always thought she had a good opinion of him because she was voted out before the Robfaddah really started to show his true colors.

S.O.B.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-10-02, 10:23 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Gina on Jury"
She's messing with us.

An even numbered jury could end in a tie, and what the heck would they do with that?

Maybe they were allowed to sit with the jury, but not to vote.

04-10-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
I couldn't find a radio station in NC with frequency 93.7. I used Radio Locator, and a link is included at the end of this message. Since eastern NC can pick up stations in VA or SC, I also checked those states, and the only hit was for a religious station in Lynchburg.

There is a 93.9 in NC, but their morning team is Bob and Nikki, not Bob and Tom. They usually don't talk about Survivor on that network anyway, since there's another radio station in the area with ties to the CBS TV affiliate.

So at this point, I can't even prove the station exists, much less the interview.

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?prev=20&sr=1&state=NC&country=u&count=20&is_lic=Y&is_cp=Y&is_unl=Y

S.O.B.

04-10-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
5. "Found the station"
Here's the link to the station page. They mention that they had Gina on the show this morning, but as of yet there are no links to the interview.

http://www.937thebone.com/

S.O.B.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Bob and Tom are apparently nationally syndicated and are on 93.7 out of Wilmington. Their web-sites has a pic of Sarah and apparently they DO talk to the Survivors. Also, show notes mention that they spoke to Gina today, but there is no blurb from the conversation. I will see if I can track that down.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-10-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Wasn't there a spoiler out before the show started that a lot of the ppl got to be on the jury?

Cin

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-10-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
It was from Tahiti Presse and we know how trustworthy they are.....

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Gabriel: "Alright, John go straight! Straight!" - Um, Gabe?

Stop Discrimination Now

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 11:52 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Yes, so far about the only things the TP seems to have gotten right were the names of the Nuku Hiva locations. If Gina has been following things online then she would probably be aware of the 14-member jury red herring and decided she shouldn't give a direct answer.

Cap'n Zoe Just YoHoHoee!

04-10-02, 12:02 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
>If Gina has been following things online then she would probably be aware of the 14-member jury red herring and decided she shouldn't give a direct answer.

And she's also probably getting tired of getting asked the same set of questions over and over and may have wanted to have a little fun. After all, if she's doing a phone interview with a radio station in Wilmington, NC, one can only guess how many others she had to do the same morning.

S.O.B.

04-10-02, 12:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Bebo, you bring up an interesting point. Patricia did her little "I hope Hunter goes all the way." on a radio show and now Gina is playing some little mind games... on a radio show.

Hmmmmm....

04-10-02, 04:31 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Or could we possibly assume that she just doesn't know how the game plays out? I know the jury attends TC, but she could figure "Well I guess there's a very slight possibility they may bring us all back to vote live" or something to that extent.

Stop Discrimination Now

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-10-02, 03:33 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Here in Orlando she was on 104.1 a show called the Phillips Phile and she was asked about Hunter, she said that she saw that on the internet and she also saw she was moving to California, but she stated she is staying in Florida.

04-10-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
And didn't she say just last week that she ~was~ moving but "only for job opportunities"?

This girl really needs to get her coverup stories straight.

Stop Discrimination Now

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-10-02, 01:23 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Here is the complete transcript and link. Gina's comment is in the middle of the page. Sorry I do not know how to bold it. I put some ***next to the comment. The rest of the transcript is pretty boring and does not provide much information.

Her comment about the jury is a little odd.

http://www.bobandtom.com/

nthole
(4/10/02 12:04:51 pm)
Reply Re: Bob and Tom Web Page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a transcription from the morning broadcast:

Tom: I believe we're joined by Gina Crews on the telephone.
Gina: Hi.
Bob and Tom: Hi.
Bob: Are you calling us from Marquesas right now?
Gina: (laughs) I wish, no I'm actually in Gainesville Florida, I just flew back from New York City last night.
Chick: Go Gators.
Gina: Yeah, go Gators.
(all laugh)
Tom: I was crushed when they voted you off.
Gina: Aww, thank you. It's alright though, I had a wonderful time and I can't say enough about the experience I had.
Chick: The real Survivors, you and Hunter I guess, had no shot.
Gina: (laughs) That's right. That's right.
Tom: Now after you were kicked off Gina, you and Hunter were in the same tribe, did you guys spend a lot of time together, you know scuba diving and stuff like that.
Gina: Yeah, all the people that were at, what we called "Loser Lodge" spend the rest of the time together.
Tom: (laughing) Well, see, I didn't know it was called "Loser Lodge".
Gina: Yep, yep, we kinda called it that.
Tom: Gina, now I'm going to do something kinda visual right now, Gina I know you can't see this, Bob can you describe what I'm doing.
Bob: You're taking your headphones off and now you're putting, oh my God, a Survivor buff that says, I can't read the front of it, what does it say.
Chick: It's says Survivor Marquesas on it.
Bob: Oh. Of course, it's upside down.
Tom: How's it look.
Bob: You look horrible.
Chick: You look like a gay pirate, I guess pirates are gay.
(all laugh)
Tom: I was trying to be supportive of Gina. Gina tell us how you got on Survivor.
Gina: I actually sent in an audition tape, and in the tape I told them about myself and why I wanted to be on the show. And from there it went through several interviews you had to go through and ulitimately I was choosen to be on the island.
Tom: And your background, your a nature guide right? So this is...
Gina: Yup, that's what I was doing before I left for the show I was a nature guide, and I also taught high school.
Tom: Really, what subject?
Gina: Biology and Earth Science.
Bob: Are you ready for this, I'm looking at her Bio right now, "Gina was the National Watermelon Queen in 1996" or 97.
Gina: Uhuh, 97.
Bob: And you won an annual seed spiting contest.
Gina: (laughing) yes I did.
Chick: Welll, tell me about that!
Bob: What was your distance?
Gina: 38 feet.
Bob: Spitting a watermelon seed?!?
Gina: Uhuh, spitting a watermelon seed. In the south we have that, we have the watermelon festivals and we have seed spitting contests and watermelon eating contests, that's what I grew up doing, going to the festivals ya know.
Bob: Well, I'll be darned. Impressive.
(all laugh)
Tom: I'm I'm still impressed, I thought you guys did a great job.
Gina: Thank you, I had a great time.
Tom: And now, the tribes merge this week right?
Gina: Yes they do.
***Tom: So you're not going to be part of the jury?
***Gina: Nooooo, nope, not uh not uh not if (pause) it um goes like it usually does.
Tom: Well, it seems that the best survivors this time got kicked off early, between Hunter, you and Gabe. I dunno, the one's I thought were going to do the best are now gone, but we'll have to keep watching. What are you going to do now, are you going to go back to teaching high school?
Gina: No, actually I don't have a job right now, I'm jobless, but I wanna work in the outdoors so I want to do something with nature, something with wildlife.
Tom: I'm so glad you didn't say you wanted to become an actress, not that you're not extrordinarly lovely, I just get so tired of hearing that.
Kristi: Ya hear that, she wants to be a woodsmen.
Gina: Yeah, that's right I wanna stay outdoors.
Chick: Uhuh, now your an outdoors person, how long has it been since you've heard the term woodsmen.
(all laugh)
Tom: Sorry, Gina. I use the term woodsmen because we had a funny news story, maybe you heard about the kid in aspen that drank the pond water at the airport by mistake.
Gina: No.
Tom: Yeah this was last week, he was going through security at an airport and as you know if you go through an airport with any liquid like coffee or anything the ask you to take a drink to make sure that it's not some flammable fluid. Well, he had taken some pond water for his high school biology class I guess it was and he took a sip of it and he ended up with, uh what's it called...
Chick: Beaver Fever...
Tom: NO, what's it called, Bob knows...Giardia?
Gina: Yeah, Giardia.
Tom: And we were talking about that and apparently the as I said woodsmen call it Beaver Fever and they made fun of me for using the term woodsmen. What's the term for someone like you?
Kristi: An OUTDOORSMEN...
Tom: An OutdoorsWOMAN?
Gina: Sort of yeah, uh most of my friends call me a nature freak, so.
Bob: That's good I like nature freak.
Chick: Tom also refers to a coach as a Davenport so its...
(all laugh)
Tom: We're speaking with Gina Crews, she's a beautiful woman, she is of course featured on Survivor and was sadly voted of last week. You had a good time obviously.
Gina: I did I had the time of my life that's why I did it I wanted to go out there and have the adventure of a lifetime and I did.
Tom: Now everyone says Marqueses is a nice place to visit but it's full of insects.
Gina: The nonos, yes, but they did not bother me so I can't wait to go back. I had no problems with the whatsoever.
Bob: Oh really...
Gina: Yeah, they didn't bite me, I dunno, I guess I just wasn't sweet enough, I dunno, the just didn't like me so.
Bob: That's alright can't complain about that.
Gina: No, not at all, not at all.
Tom: I know they're doing another Survivor, this one continues, but they've already got another Survivor planned.
Gina: They sure do.
Tom: And I guess they're looking for people so go to the Survivor website, we have a hook up to it if you want to find out about getting on Survivor 6, I guess now is what they will be taking auditions for very soon.
Gina: Right.
Tom: Why do you think they picked you, any specific thing about your tape that was funny you think?
Gina: Um, I really wasn't that funny, I was wearing my crown and eating a slice of watermelon and that might have drawn their attention...
Bob: Yeah, that'd do it for me...
(Gina laughs)
Kristi: Did you spit seeds for them?
Gina: No I didn't, at the interview I did, but not on the video so...
(all laugh)
Tom: You SPIT SEEDS AT THE INTERVIEW?
Gina: Actually yes, they um, had me do that.
Chick: Did a couple of 'em hit Mr. Burnett right in the face?
(all laugh)
Bob: Boing!
Tom: Well, thank you Gina...
Gina: Thank you.
Tom: And best of luck in the future.
Gina: Oh, well thank you...

04-10-02, 01:35 PM (EST)
16. "How to do bold"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-02 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

To do bold, first put a square bracket (they won't show up, even if I type them separately), then a "b" then a closing square bracket, then put what you want emboldened, then do the same thing again, but use "/b" this time. For italics, substitute "i" for "b". Things like color are also possible, if a little more complicated.

It's just HTML.

Hit "reply with quote" at the bottom of this message, and it'll show you the HTML.

Edited to add: Thanks for posting this. I really think it's going to be relevant. I like the idea VQ (I think) posted above about all the post-swap people being on the jury. That would explain why Patricia never knew any Rotus!. It also explains why Gabe would have time to be mesmerized by Gina without Hunter being there to whisk her away!

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-10-02, 02:18 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Thanks for the transciprt jkokoj!

Reading this, I have to say that my strong suspicion is that Gina is not on the jury. That was her original answer "No, nope." After saying that, she may have realized that she isn't supposed to talk about future episodes and knows there is some doubt in viewer minds as to whether the jury will be done the same way this time around, so she through in her last comments.

I think the only way the E8 title "Jury's Out" makes sense is not to concoct some convoluted scheme as to how it relates to Paschal, but instead to read it literally: "The first member of the jury is voted out."

Dawg, I think an 11 member jury would be great, but I see no support for it. In her EW interview, Sarah (who by your logic is the first jury member) made clear that she hung out on the island with Peter, Patricia, and Hunter. If Gina was sequestered from Hunter, Sarah should have been as well.

DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 60 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 02:29 PM (EST)
20. "NoNos"
Gina: The nonos, yes, but they did not bother me so I can't wait to go back. I had no problems with the whatsoever

I know the nono's spoilers let us down with...Sarah...I think
But is there any information on nono bites on the remaining survivors?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 03:19 PM (EST)
21. "Jury "
Re the post-swap jury theory
Gina said she hung out with Peter, Patricia, Sarah, and Hunter after being booted. So sorry I can't remember which interview, but if Gina and Sarah hang out with Hunter, Peter, and Patricia, then there is either a 14 person jury or the usual 7--unless the jurors were not sequestered from non-jurors, which I think totally unlikely.

I also do not get any sense that the early bootees feel they had any power over the rest of the game. That is the kind of thing that slips out through the lines. Instead, they all give the clear sense that they moved on from having power in the game to recreation and personal time for the duration.

The Episode 8 title: "Jury's out"--to me, means simply that the first juror has been selected. Hey in Survivor 1, Ep 7 was called "The Merge." These titles can be oh, so simple.

TP's inaccuracy is legend at this point, but some of the big things that were noted have happened, although timing and numbers were somewhat off.

They did report a merge, and they did report that once all the early bootees were collected that they were moved to a new location and that the jury (later boots) were sequestered.

We should remember that the TP reporters had little or no understanding of Survivor rules other than what they were told by Survivor fans trying to get information. The TP people had never seen the show, and no wonder they got confused, as by the time S4 was shot, the Survivor fans were all aware that the old rules were up for grabs and were looking for twists.

As I recall, TP reported that the 14 "jurors" were all back at Nuku Hiva at the time of the Final TC. I think they assumed the 14 were all jurors because of that timing corresponding to the final vote, even though they had reported on movements of two distinct groups of bootees, with timing consistent with usual rules.

In fact, the 14 would be back on Nuku Hiva so that they could all travel home together. The early group had supposedly been flown to New Zealand or Australia, and then they returned. They could hardly have been attending TC every 3 days.

The Final TC was on 12/20, and everyone went back to Tahiti and then to U.S. in time for Christmas.

Mara's not mentioning Rotu's

I put NO stock in Patricia's Rotu comment in her chat. I am convinced that the chatters have been told to stick to what happened in the game, which makes Patricia's comment true, and I think that injunction came as a direct result of too much spoiling success last season when Diane listed friends from Samburu. They have likely been told to only talk about people with whom they actually shared a tribe (by the time of their boot).

Gina not talking about Gabe even though he is safe to talk about by the time she gets booted reinforces my feeling that this concept was drummed into them--not to talk about people they only met outside of the game.

We know from the Gabe's Mom spoiler that Gabe liked her. I did not hear Gabe talk about any of the Mara's whom he only met at Loser Lodge? Did he? (I didn't read all his interviews.)

Lastly, if Rob was a nice person "off the island"--that could refer to the fact that the pre-jury left the island for a new location almost as soon as the next person is booted. If Rob is next boot, he shouldn't be spending more than a night or so on the island--which would make Gina's comment very accurate even though she makes it sound like "off the island" means back in the U.S.A..

Thanks for the radio show transcript! I really appreciate it.
I think radio shows are really good potential spoilers, as the interviewees are more relaxed, not on TV and not National media in their minds.

04-10-02, 05:18 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Jury "
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-02 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

Oooohhh, I just hate it when I have to disagree with Outfrontgirl. It makes me feel like I'm in the clutches of Evil Bert or something. Alas, I must do so in this case, to wit:

Gina said she hung out with Peter, Patricia, Sarah, and Hunter after being booted.

Of course she said this. And it may be true. She doesn't mention Gabe, however. As you said, she may have been instructed to talk only about players she met within the game, but at this point it doesn't make sense for her NOT to mention Gabe.

One theory might be that Gina, Gabe, Sarah and Bootee #7 did hang out in Loser Lodge... THEN went on to stay with the jury.

I also do not get any sense that the early bootees feel they had any power over the rest of the game. That is the kind of thing that slips out through the lines. Instead, they all give the clear sense that they moved on from having power in the game to recreation and personal time for the duration.

We WOULDN'T get that sense from Peter, Patricia and Hunter. And Gina, Sarah and Gabe were CONDITIONED to give the responses they gave. If my memory serves me correctly, Sarah was never really asked about the Jury, and why SHOULD she be?

But Gina has shown that she occasionally gets flustered with the unexpected question, or lets her mouth run away with her. I think this jury question (which, if you think about it, really shouldn't have been asked... don't we KNOW she's pre-jury?!?! ) surprised her. And she flubbed.

The Episode 8 title: "Jury's out"--to me, means simply that the first juror has been selected. Hey in Survivor 1, Ep 7 was called "The Merge." These titles can be oh, so simple.

I agree about the simplicity, but remember that in S-1, we didn't really know what a "merge" was... it was all new to everyone, then. As I've said, titles are usually innocuous and unrelated to the bootee. They're also frequently some twist on words that relate to something in the game, and they are rarely misdirectional in nature.

But we KNOW (supposedly) when the jury starts... why THAT particular phrase "Jury's Out" ?!?! Well, SOMETHING out of the ordinary concerning the jury must happen. I think the explanation that it's simply the first bootee on the jury is just too simple. It might mean that the order of things are very unclear with the various alliances ("the jury is out on that" says someone, using a well-known colloquial phrase). But it's just darned unusual to me that they would entitle the episode that way.

BTW, I'm not trying to say that there WILL be an eleven man jury, just stating that something IS possible. And who knows?

Oh well, it's fun to speculate, anyway.

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 05:46 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Jury "
Could the jury be out simply because there is no jury this time? Wouldn't *that* be a kick?

Yeah, I know - wishful thinking - but I'd love to see the faces of a few of them when they found out they have no more power over the eventual winner once booted!

wepaxson 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-11-02, 12:45 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
Has anyone considered that if anyone still on the island from this episode on gets hurt, and we have another evac, they will have to fill the jury back to an odd number, so Gina would come aboard??

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-11-02, 01:03 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
If there is another injury, it will be oh so promoted. Also, this week's boot is not a jury member either so there would have to be 2 bumps in order for Gina to make the jury.

wepaxson 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-11-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Gina on Bob & Tom radio show this a.m."
What if two members are kicked off for breach of rules (i.e. John and Rob coming to blows, a little sexual action of the nasty kind, etc??)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •