The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gina article - possible spoilers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-02, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gina article - possible spoilers"
http://www.gainesvillesun.com/articles/2002-04-11d.shtml

I'll post the whole article, and I'm adding bold for stuff that I thought was interesting.

Gina adjusts to life after show
By ERICH SEAN-PAUL SPIVEY
Special to The Sun

Gainesville resident Gina Crews was run down by fans at Atlanta's airport and mobbed at a Sarasota mall. But life in her hometown is relatively quiet, as most people whisper or stare at the former "Survivor" contestant.

Only one group of people stopped Crews during an hourlong shopping trip to The Oaks Mall on Wednesday afternoon. Crews, the most-recent castoff from the CBS hit show "Survivor: Marquesas," was looking at Dillard's handbags Wednesday when someone broke the silence.
"I did what I wanted to do, and that was to have the adventure of a lifetime," said "Survivor" contestant Gina Crews, pictured Wednesday at the food court of The Oaks Mall.

"Gina!" Dillard's store employee Bea Smith yelled, stopping Crews in her tracks. "We were rooting for you."

Crews, 29, took a break from shopping and talked about the show with Smith and fellow employee Erin Kruczek, both "Survivor" fanatics.

"We were so happy someone from Gainesville was on the show," Kruczek said.

A bubbly and pleasant Crews encouraged the Dillard's duo to continue watching the show.

"It gets better," Crews said, before continuing the shopping trip with her sister, Randi Crews.

Gina Crews spent most of the mall trip chatting with her sister, not some of the 22 million people who watch "Survivor" each week.

Crews was one of 16 people picked from a pool of 57,000 applicants to "out-wit, out-play and out-last" on the Nuku Hiva "Survivor" island in the south Pacific.

People at the mall recognized Crews, who was voted off "Survivor: Marquesas" during last Thursday's episode. But most didn't ask for autographs, instead whispering, "That's the girl from 'Survivor,' " after Crews walked by. "I've realized that life is way too short to do something you're not happy doing."

Crews returned to Gainesville on Tuesday night, back from a weekend media frenzy in New York City that included interviews with David Letterman, Rosie O'Donnell and Howard Stern, who gave her $3,000 to put on a bikini and have her feet tickled.

Crews was interviewed by 31 radio stations Wednesday morning and has a similar schedule during the next few weeks. A cover shoot for Ocala Style Magazine is slated for Friday.

Next Thursday, Crews leaves for Los Angeles to promote Planet Rascals, a recently formed nature conservation organization.

Randi Crews, a Santa Fe Community College student, accompanied Gina on the New York City trip.

"My friends all think it's cool. They introduce me as Survivor's sister."

Using her "Survivor" status, Gina Crews listed many future career plans, which include hosting a nature television show for children and taking kids on outward-bound excursions.

"I want to stick with the outdoors. That's what I love to do," said Crews, who worked briefly as a Gainesville park nature guide before learning about "Survivor" style wildlife. "I've realized that life is way too short to do something you're not happy doing."

The adventure is what attracted Crews to "Survivor," not the $1 million prize that goes to the winner.

"I would have done it in a heartbeat for a dollar," Crews said. "I did what I wanted to do, and that was to have the adventure of a lifetime. They literally dropped us off in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with nothing but our little backpacks.

"They gave us two knives and said, 'Build your society, build your life and build your home.' "

Crews said she knows who the final two "Survivor" contestants are, even though she's not in the group of seven castoffs that pick the winner. Crews will attend the May 19 reunion episode at an undisclosed location with her family.

And where does the "Survivor" experience rank on her list of lifetime accomplishments?

"It's No. 1 on my list so far," she said.

Bebo thoughts:

- "It gets better"...everyone knows she wants Rob, Sean, and Vee to go...indicator of their downfall? This could support the belief that they do not get new 'Mu to vote with them to get rid of old Rotu. She knows who the final 2 are, and it sounds like it's not her old tribemates.
- She's not on the jury, so our wild speculation goes away about a 14-person jury, Gina replacing a jurymate, etc.

S.O.B.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •