The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"recap with a twist or two"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-30-01, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"recap with a twist or two"
I know some of this is covered in other threads, but some of it I see differently than is posted in those, and those threads are getting very long. First I do not believe MB was trying to save only Frank with the 3-3 swap. I think he was trying to preserve the Samburu split, it is so important in getting someone to switch teams. That is something MB and the show need more than any one player. The swap ended up with an even 2-2 split in old samburu at the merge.

I know about the lawsuit, and that they would never tell anyone how to vote or what to do. They can however plant seeds of thoughts into the players minds. These confessionals I'm sure are not just shot by sitting the survivor down and letting them say whatever. They want them to talk in ways that they can use, so I'm sure they are posed questions. It would be easy enough to ask right now of the probable 4th and 5th place Boran members questions like. Do you think your tribe will hold together in upcoming TC's? Then, do you worry about maybe the 4th or 5th place finishers in your tribe using the obvious samburu split to get themselves to at worst 3rd place? This would plant that thought into the minds of lets say Kelly and KimJ, without ever telling them what to do.

I feel with the preview we have seen for the next show, that there is no switch this coming episode. But with the title of the following episode, that is the last possible place it could happen, and I think it will. I will guess that Frank is voted off next week. I will also guess that the following week L/E/T decide to target Brandon. Kelly sees this as targeting him because he is gay (i.e. his sexuallity coming into play). So she goes to KimP and Teresa to see whom they have decided to target and tells them she will also vote with them. Brandon, KimP, and Teresa had already planned on whom they would vote for at that point. So they decide that to keep their plan a secret from the rest of the group, they will not go talk to Brandon about what is about to happen.

Now your asking why Kelly would do this for Brandon, she has said in several interviews she likes Brandon (unlike the guys in her original tribe). The biggest clue is that we have only ever seen Brandon and Kelly talk once, when she asked him why he was being unusually quiet. Why would she care, we have never seen any other interaction between the two of them? We have now seen Brandon suggest after the swap that the unknown to each other tribe members spend the night watchs together to get to know each other. That is how Brandon and Tom spent the first night together, we know that was not the combination every night. Remember the night Lex and Tom were up "5" hours together. I am guessing Brandon and Kelly may have spent several nights up together, but we have never been shown this. I'm also guessing they formed a close bond that is also being hidden. As for face time, these two have been the stars of this whole season, their face time has been consistently high every episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 THE BEAUTY SHOPPE REVOLT Rose Red 12-01-01 1
   The line now is... Rose Red 12-01-01 2
       Brandi wins? Swetdawg 12-01-01 3
           RE: Brandi wins? dabo 12-01-01 4
               RE: Brandi wins? Rose Red 12-01-01 5
               RE: Brandon wins? drich61 12-01-01 6
 RE: Brandon wins? Stairway2Dayton 12-01-01 7
   RE: Brandon wins? coolbeans56 12-01-01 8
   Brandon IS dangerous Rose Red 12-01-01 9
       RE: Brandon IS dangerous managerr 12-01-01 10
           RE: Brandon IS dangerous Rose Red 12-01-01 11
           RE: Brandon IS dangerous Loree 12-01-01 12
               RE: Brandon IS dangerous Rose Red 12-01-01 13
                   RE: Brandon IS dangerous coolbeans56 12-02-01 14
 The orange hat(s) savvy 12-03-01 15
   RE: The orange hat(s) Canada Girl 12-03-01 16
   RE: The orange hat(s) diamond 12-03-01 17
       RE: The orange hat(s) Stairway2Dayton 12-03-01 18
 Question dabo 12-04-01 19
   RE: Question PepeLePew13 12-04-01 20
   RE: Question vulcan 12-04-01 21
       RE: Question drich61 12-04-01 22
           RE: Question Rose Red 12-04-01 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-01-01, 00:46 AM (EST)
1. "THE BEAUTY SHOPPE REVOLT"
By George! I think you've got it!
Yes, this little scenario could very well play out BIG TIME! And fits in with everything we've seen and heard(and not seen and heard) up until this point.

Yes, the Brandon/Kelly relationship has been totally hidden. And yes, Brandon would be the obvious Sammy Booboo to target after Frank's (agreed) departure this coming week. We are SOOOO ahead of ourselves this season! Is that good or bad?

And yes, Brandon's sexuality coming into play and riling up the women against the men would be FAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS!I saw this coming to a mile off. Not instigated by Teresa but by BRANDON! I called it the Beauty Shoppe Revolt. The image softening of BQ in the recrap plays to this perfectly, too. We are now supposed to LIKE Brandon, where before, we weren't. We were supposed to think he was one of the vilest little viper ever.

Also, I hate to mention unconfirmed spoilage, but the consensus around the boards these past few days seems to indicate that BRANDON wins the next reward challenge, and takes a BORON with him, and yes, it's probably Kelly! This would fit in with your premise, too. The shock on everyone's face, including the viewers nationwide, when this happens! Someone somewhere has blown up a vidcap of that truck to gynormous size and it sure looks like Brandon in his big picture hat and a small woman in a sports bra(Kelly or Mamakim) next to him.

Then there is this comment that has been heard on the promos of the upcoming episode "We can't talk to Brandon!" or something like that, which seems like a truncated remark. Now this line was inserted after Teresa's little pep-talk to the two remaining GenXers. It seemed a little odd that Brandon was right there, and the line was "We can't talk to Brandon." This was heard in the promo in Singapore, if you can believe the posters on another board that shall remain nameless(Survivorsucks). But this ALSO fits in with your scenario, drich, that they(the women) feel they can't tell Brandon what is brewing regarding his homosexual boot. It was a woman's voice that uttered this line, probably Kim Pee. But it could be Kelly or Mamakim or Teresa.

So everyone assumed that it's because Brandon(and his new best friend) Kelly are off on that colorful trip to the Goat Exchange.
That's ALWAYS when everything happens. When two people leave and then everybody plots against them. By accepting this invitation to a Goat, Kelly(or Mamakim, but that would be Brandon's less likely choice, but it could be Mamakim, too)perhaps seals their doom with the men of Boron, for they see this new relationship for what it is = a perhaps powerful alliance against them, and L/E/T will wish that they'd gotten rid of Teresa before it was too late, and not Frank, whom they'll probably choose next week.

I always thought that MB BALDLY showing us the L/E/T alliance right at the start of the show, in Episode One, was a Big Set Up.
Remember, he tends NEVER to show us alliances that really matter in the long run. Like Tina/Colby in S2, and now probably Kelly/Brandon in S3.
This is a VERY exciting post, drich!

This really sounds like something that could invigorate the whole series and put the sagging ratings back where they belong. This sounds major. It's also the kind of scandal/controversy that MB LOVES to create. EVERY paper in the country will again start writing about Survivor if this happens.

Also, it fits right in with the Kelly/Ethan secret alliance speculation that has been rampant. But which I've never personally bought into.

And they all want to target LEX, but he seems to be the one who wins immunity the week after next(the skull/torch/necklace vid cap)so then who will they vote off? Tom? All the women seem to like Ethan, and he's been smart enough not to win any challenges yet -even. Tom has votes and the episode after next is the tie-breaker, even numbered one. So this all could happen.

Could Teresa and Tom win a romantic, moonlit dinner Reward Challenge, like Colby and Jerri did, AND THEN HE VOTED HER OFF! Except this time the male/female roles will be reversed. Tom and Teresa experience dinner, a movie, then SHE BETRAYS HIM and he gets voted off and the whole game changes! Tribal lines will at last be blurred in the voting and Mark Burnett may have a whole new hit on his hands.

Or not.

12-01-01, 01:09 AM (EST)
2. "The line now is..."
OK, I tracked down the latest version of the Brandon line. It now seem to be JEFF PROBST'S NARRATION saying "Lex goes on a witchhunt to find out who voted for him" which is what we've been hearing(FOR WEEKS!)but the rest of the line is "but the ex-Samburus can't talk to Brandon!"

Because he's off in the village with his goat Reward Challenge win and his guest, a Boron woman, Kelly or Mamakim!

Lex's witchhunt has now been bumped up to "AN OBSESSED LEX INSTIGATES A WITCH HUNT AND HE INTERROGATES EVERY MEMBER OF THE TRIBE!" This was on Zap2it.com today.

What a stupid, stupid move on Lex's part! But it seems from all this information that he doesn't start his hunt until Brandon(and Kelly? Mamakim?) are away at the Goat Village, so the ex-Samburus, Frank, (he's still here at this point), Teresa and Kim Pee can't tell Brandon what they've said to Lex . Maybe Frank stands up against Lex? This is getting VERY interesting. drich, keep watching those vid caps and promos and CBS website for more clues that might fit your smokin' scenario.

Swetdawg 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-01-01, 11:57 AM (EST)
3. "Brandi wins? "
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-01 AT 12:00 PM (EST)

"but the ex-Samburus can't talk to
>Brandon!"
>
>Because he's off in the village
>with his goat Reward Challenge
>win and his guest, a
>Boron woman, Kelly or Mamakim!

ROFLMAO! What kind of challenge could Brandi possibly win? (insert your favorite idea here ) I don't think even MB can dream up something he could win. I also think that Brandi is smart enough to realize he doesn't want to be targeted because he is gay (L/E/T/) AND because he's a challenge threat. He knows he needs to stay UTR and hope he goes farther by being seen as NO threat.

Still can see this alliance forming but NOT with Brandon winning a challenge.

Edited to add: They could have some cerebral RC like "Who knows the most about your fellow survivors", but that is SO lame .

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-01-01, 12:26 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Brandi wins? "
The real question is who would each player pick to accompany him/her to the village. The suggestion of Brandon being separated from the other Old Samburu means it would be one Old Boran and Brandon. How would that happen?

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

12-01-01, 01:38 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Brandi wins? "
>The real question is who would
>each player pick to accompany
>him/her to the village.
>The suggestion of Brandon being
>separated from the other Old
>Samburu means it would be
>one Old Boran and Brandon.
> How would that happen?

Easy, Dabo! Brandon could win an intellectual challenge, say. He's certainly been studying that manual. And he knows he needs to bond with a Boron in order for the tiny little Sambooboos team to stay in the game, and drich and I are guessing his date of choice is the goat girl, herself, Kelly.

If Brandon wins the RC, he gets to pick whomever he wants to, and he knows he's got Teresa and Kim Pee in his pocket, so he reaches out to Kelly.

It seems from the vidcaps that Lex goes on his regrettable witch hunt while Brandon and Kelly are in the Masai town, and not there to confer with the rest of the Sammies to find out what was said or not said. I'm SURE Lex thinks it's Brandon who voted for him. Will Teresa stay her honest, confrontational self and just tell Lex the truth, or will she FINALLY start lying and start playing the game?

I'm beginning to think that MB hid Teresa so long in the game now because 1) She's such a Tina clone
and 2) She may win!
It'll become like the Steel Magnolia show. Of course, if Brandon and Kelly are the final two, the betrayed Borons might pick Kelly. A 22 year old millionaire-ess? Of course, the kicker is that Kelly is a very well off young woman from a very affluent back-ground in one of the richest towns of America, La Jolla, CA.
Teresa also has a huge farm, I hear, and Brandon is an army brat.Brandon is still tending bar in Dallas, evidently.

12-01-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Brandon wins? "
>The real question is who would
>each player pick to accompany
>him/her to the village.
>The suggestion of Brandon being
>separated from the other Old
>Samburu means it would be
>one Old Boran and Brandon.
> How would that happen?

Old Samburu need to pull over an Old Boran to their side to stay alive. Lets say that after the IC the winner is given a little time to pick his/her partner. Assuming (huge assumption) that this may be Brandon, during this time is when Teresa goes to Brandon and KimP with her it has to be this TC speech. KimP agrees that it should NOT be her that goes with Brandon as expected, but someone he can work on to change their vote.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-01-01, 05:15 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Brandon wins?"
Who's to say that Brandon wins the RC? Perhaps the mysterious woman wins and chooses Brandon to go with her?

S2D

coolbeans56 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-01-01, 05:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Brandon wins?"
I was thinking the same thing, but here would be the catch. if a Boran took a Samburo, then the left behind Borans would start getting nervous.

We have started to see Brandon's and Kelly's intelect really shine through. With Brandon, trying to pull votes from Lindsey (which she F*cked herself over) the New partners for Night Watch routine and the insight to distance physically from lil-kim to maybe work on new alliances makes him extremely dangerous in the game.

Kappa Kelly knows the dynamics of just about everything in the game, she is holding the key to the win... if she chooses to... which is funny, because her Sorority's(Kappa Kappa Gamma aka Visa Visa Mastercard) symbol is the Key.

Sorry for the Sorority talk, I go to the college that started Kappa and the other first Sorority in the nation, so we are constantly in-undated with the Kappa and Pi Phi stuff.

I see, Brandon choose Kelly for the reward, and he is the ambassador from Samburo to get her to come over.

Thursday should be interesting.

My two cents...

Coolbeans56

12-01-01, 08:36 PM (EST)
9. " Brandon IS dangerous"
>Who's to say that Brandon wins
>the RC? Perhaps the
>mysterious woman wins and chooses
>Brandon to go with her?
>
In Singapore, I reiterate, they ran the promo for this week's coming Survivor Episode with Jeff Anal-Probst saying that "Lex goes on a witchhunt to find out who voted for him-" This we have heard, but evidently world-wide there is more to this sentence, "and the ex-Samburus can't tell Brandon." Now this part of the promo narration has been cut so far in the US. Canadians out there! Hey, have you heard this on the promo?

WHY can't they tell Brandon? Because, he wins the next RC and goes to the Goat Village and takes Kelly(it looks like with him,and he's simply not THERE when Lex's witchhunt begins. He needs to build bridges to the Boron, and yes, he now can become a VERY dangerous player. VERY! And Kelly, too.

This is the sort of stuff MB loves. I hate to refer you, Stairway, to another board as my source, but this is all over Survivorsucks, where someone from Singapore checked in with this information. Posters there were skeptical, too, but you can see how believably this all plays out over there, and also, someone, somewhere blew up a vid cap to gynormous porportions and goshdarnit, it does look like Brandon in this yard hat and a small blonde woman in a sportsbra are in that truck, going to the Masai Village. It could be Kelly or Mamamkim, but given the time Kelly spent so much time in Samburu, it's probably her. And it seems she likes Brandon and Kim Pee better than she liked the two, overbearing, straight men she got stuck - with bossy Lex, who treated her like a child, and horndawg Tom, who made a play for her already in Ep.1. On the Survivor Insider, she said she rejected him because(if I remember correctly) he smelled. "It was gross!" I remember her saying.

I don't think Brandon OR Kelly wins. If Kelly betrays Boron then faces a mainly all-Boron jury, she won't win, and I don't see Brandon winning either. They are NOT gonna like another gay man win this game, but they'll go far together.

If you don't believe me, check out the Spoilers and the MESS on Survivorsucks. Believe me, Brandon has turned THAT whole board upside down, like he may be doing to the entire series this week.
I think it's great!

And no, we have not seen many of Brandon's relationships with these people. We know he and Frank don't like each other, but he tried to mend fences with Frank at the last TC, talking about Frank cracking jokes. Now we know he and Tom had their African all-nighter moment.

But he also probably sat up all night on watch with Lex and Kelly, too, but we were NEVER shown that. MB is hiding Brandon's relationships the same way he hid TINA'S!!
Kim Pee is totally loyal to him, and I think, so is Teresa.
Watch Out L/E/T, here comes Brandon!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-01-01, 08:58 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Brandon IS dangerous"
The challenge at this stage in the game are so random, that *anyone* can win. Who would have thought that Jerri would have won a reward challenge in S2 when there was still Colby, Alicia, Nick remaining, etc. The RC could be something like Darts and Brandon gets a good shot off.

Kelly could also win and take Brandon. With Clarence gone who is her best friend on the tribe now? Ethan is looking more like the Amber to Lex's Jerri.

12-01-01, 09:46 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Brandon IS dangerous"

>
>Kelly could also win and take
>Brandon. With Clarence gone
>who is her best friend
>on the tribe now?

Precisely. Mamakim, ,maybe?

>Ethan is looking more like
>the Amber to Lex's Jerri.
>
No, Ethan is TINA to Lex's Jerri.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-01, 10:15 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Brandon IS dangerous"
I don't think if Kelly won the RC she would dare take a Samburu. She would be afraid to be gone while the Boran members stayed behind to question why she didn't pick one of her own Boran alliance. But if she is picked to go by a Samburu she could always tell the Borans that she may as well go and find out what she can for them. Kelly didn't even dare vote for someone other than Clarence. So she isn't going to show her hand yet and take someone outside her supposed alliance.

12-01-01, 10:32 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Brandon IS dangerous"
>I don't think if Kelly won
>the RC she would dare
>take a Samburu. She
>would be afraid to be
>gone while the Boran members
>stayed behind to question why
>she didn't pick one of
>her own Boran alliance.
>But if she is picked
>to go by a Samburu
>she could always tell the
>Borans that she may as
>well go and find out
>what she can for them.
> Kelly didn't even dare
>vote for someone other than
>Clarence. So she isn't
>going to show her hand
>yet and take someone outside
>her supposed alliance.

I thought Kelly was all talk and no action, too, but I think if Brandon asks her to go on the Goat Date, she'll go, and then return to find Lex grilling everyone like he was a Gestapo. Which is gonna to enrage her. Also, I think she's gonna ketch Major Grief from Major Van Den Berghe for doing so. You can only push a Kappa Kappa Gamma girl so far...

Also, I think things are gonna develop where Kelly is gonna feel that Mamakim is more strongly alined than she is. So if she's stays with Boron, the best she can hope for is Fifth Place, but if she kicks butt with the Sambooboos, she could get to their Final Four, at the least. I think Kelly is gonna realize that she can't break into the Boron Four, so will decide to break them up instead and take her chances with the Jury, if she gets that far, and she might.

BTW, I can't believe I'm writing this. I never thought of Kelly as a major player, but I think things are going to turn out that way.

Plus she seems to have hidden alliances with both Mamakim and Ethan. She got to take out one of those Mucho Macho Mocha Magic Merge guys. Maybe she's planning to put a cut-and-paste alliance together with HER as the center. It's the sort of thing a Kappa Kappa gal would do...

coolbeans56 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-02-01, 02:49 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Brandon IS dangerous"
Who can see Kappa Kelly as "Kappa ya in the Ass Kelly" when she find out about the Lex Witch Trials....Get the Moto Maji Tribunial out!!!!

Coolbeans56

savvy 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-03-01, 12:50 PM (EST)
15. "The orange hat(s)"
Ahhhh head gear. I'm not talking about that awful contraption people with braces have to wear. No, I'm talking hats that these folks have worn on the show. Why head gear? Because Brandon's orange hat has begun to bug me. We never saw him wear it until the Swap, when Kelly joined the Samburu tribe. Why do I care? Because I only saw Kelly wear an orange hat in a couple of episodes, and we haven't seen her wear the orange hat since the Swap. It could just be EPM editing, but could this be a sign that Brandon and Kelly are closer than we think? Who knows, EPM could have just given them both orange Reebok hats later in the game and is just f'ing with my mind...

In Ep. 1 or 2, there is a Brandon confessional in which he is wearing a backwards hat - but it wasn't an orange hat - it was green/olive, like the one Lex has. (Sorry, can't find a vidcap or I'd post it)

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-03-01, 02:22 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The orange hat(s)"
Good call on the mysterious hat! This should have its own thread!

So if I understand correctly, Kelly's been wearing it since the merge, as that last shot of Brandon must be pre-Survivor (right?).

I think this is very telling. Remember in Survivor 1, the girls who liked each other traded Bikinis on a regular basis!

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-03-01, 02:40 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The orange hat(s)"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-01 AT 02:43 PM (EST)

Ethan was also seen wearing this hat (or one like it) during the distress signal IC.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that many of the contestants have identical articles of clothing (which, strangely, or not, all appear to be from Reebok, a sponsor). I think quite a number of women have been seen wearing the same (or very similar) black Reebock sports bra - Kelly, Teresa, Kim P., and possibly others. Lex, Clarence, and Kim P. all have the same black hoodie sweatshirt (the one that looks like it has elbow patches). Kim J. and Teresa both have the same black-with-white-trim one-piece bathing suit.

It is therefore possible (especially given that the hat is from Reebok) that both Kelly and Brandon could both have their own orange hats, rather than sharing the same one.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-03-01, 09:21 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The orange hat(s)"
I agree that they have multiple articles of sponsor clothing, and aren't the shots of Kelly wearing the hat pre merge?

S2D

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-01, 10:28 AM (EST)
19. "Question"
If you won a reward of visiting a village to barter two goats for whatever you could get, and you could choose one MotoMaji to go with you for this, who would you pick? Obviously, there could be strategy in your choice, but think beyond that for a moment, think about what qualities you would want in someone to help you barter two goats. Who might you pick?

Since this involves goats I might pick Tom since he is a goatherd, but too since this involves bartering I might pick Brandon, Kelly or Lex if I knew one of them had spent any time in Mexico where bartering is a standard practice. In fact, if I were to make a choice for strategic reasons, I would want a cover reason so as to not be being obviously strategic in my choice, wouldn't you? Do any of the other remaining MotoMaji have skills or backgrounds which would suggest they would make a good choice in a goat-bartering trip?
you must gufu ho ho ho!
"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-01, 02:19 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Question"
Some new questions I have in relation to your question, dabo...

>If you won a reward of visiting a village to barter
>two goats for whatever you could get, and you could
>choose one MotoMaji to go with you for this, who
>would you pick? Obviously, there could be strategy in
>your choice, but think beyond that for a moment, think
>about what qualities you would want in someone to help
>you barter two goats. Who might you pick?

First... how do we know that they know what they'll be doing (i.e. goat bartering) for the RC prize? Do they know what they're doing before they pick a person to go along on the reward or do they find out when they get to the African village? If it's been mentioned somewhere in a preview, forgive me as I'm a little behind on the news.

Second... I don't think the winner of the RC would have much time to think strategy in terms of who's the best person to barter with -- the only strategy that would take place is who to take along to avoid displaying a new alliance or showing what your true colours are. The winner wouldn't have much time to think about the implications of who they might or might not take, so this could be very revealing towards the next few bootees or what the true alliances are.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

vulcan 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-04-01, 02:20 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Question"
who's to say that it wasnt kimp who won the challenge and take brandon with her,as for let bein shown too early just remember survivor 1 when they showed that alliance in the third show igf let knows what they r doing the bootee this week is either teresa or lil kim ( if teresa wins immunity) if let knows what they r doing the reason being to avoid an all female alliancewhich at the moment has no votes against them and if they banded together at 4-4 would definately be a threat and 2 theresa has leadership qualities which is much more dangerous than an immunity threat no one is going to win that many but if they dont no what they r doing frank is the pick this week

12-04-01, 04:33 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Question"
I think that is were L/E/T is going to make the mistake that cost them, clear sailing into the final four as they think right now. They are overlooking the women, I now think they will want Teresa gone this week. Kelly and KimJ will want Frank to go, the start of the Boran strain. Next week L/E/F/T will want Brandon gone, but Kelly and KimJ will again want Frank gone. L/E/T will tell them that they want Frank around because he is a harder worker, so they can save their own energy ("BIG mistake, BIG HUGE" to quote the movie Pretty Woman). Kelly and KimJ will then know that Frank sticks around after them if they just go along. So K/K/K/B all with NO votes at this point get together for self preservation. Good ridance L/F/T, Ethan will be safe, then he goes on his IC run.

12-04-01, 10:02 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Question"
This could totally happen, but I think they will overlook Teresa this week and boot Frank. My reason is this. Ethan is running the show. He's the hidden mastermind like Tina was, and he'll see FRANK as the biggest threat to HIM personally, because he's a strong man, and not Teresa, who he doesn't see as a physical threat. Ethan was always talking about "threats." Silas was a "threat". Clarence was "my biggest threat." And any strong man who could win immunity, something Ethan is counting on down the line, is a threat to Ethan. Although I think he likes Frank and Teresa equally, but...I just don't think he sees any woman as threat to him, yet. He reasons not unlike a diva, who always is "get rid of the person who is most like me, and therefore I can continue to shine, me,myself and I."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •