The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jodiah 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-24-01, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! "
Roger just appeared on the Rosie O'Donnell show. He was visibly uncomfortable and became very ill at ease when Rosie asked him why he offered to be voted off before Elisabeth. He was talking about her needing the money more than himself, and I quote, he said "If she had won, I know she coulda' used the money". Notice the past tense he uses and the words IF SHE HAD WON Then he said something like, "but the ones still in the game are nice too" Afterwards, he was squirming and obviously nervous. So, obviously, at some point Elisabeth does get voted off, becasue as most of us know, should she make it to the final two, she will win. She has to be either next or third. Roger F***ed up!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Thanks Jodiah flying squirrel 04-24-01 1
 RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! PepeLePew13 04-24-01 2
   not necessarily.... shakes the clown 04-24-01 3
       RE: not necessarily.... PepeLePew13 04-24-01 5
 Anyone got a link to the video? IceCat 04-24-01 4
 RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! BaquaR13 04-24-01 6
   RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! missalex 04-24-01 7
       Contract Bye2Jerri 04-24-01 9
   RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! volmel 04-24-01 10
 RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! Play2Survive 04-24-01 8
   Great minds thinking alike? :) Bye2Jerri 04-24-01 11
       RE: Great minds thinking alike? :) Play2Survive 04-24-01 12
           Rodger and the game AyatollahKhomeini 04-24-01 13
           RE: Great minds thinking alike? :) aymelek 04-25-01 18
               RE: Great minds thinking alike? :) Play2Survive 04-25-01 20
 Maybe I'm being naive... LIZZLOVER 04-24-01 14
 RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! Zowie 04-24-01 15
   RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! LIZZLOVER 04-24-01 16
 RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! SurvivinDawg 04-25-01 17
   RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! volmel 04-25-01 21
       Totally agree with Mel here----- anotherkim 04-26-01 23
 Colby then Liz thecrock 04-25-01 19
 Good try Jodiah, StratPlayer 04-26-01 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-24-01, 07:26 PM (EST)
1. "Thanks Jodiah"
This is something well worth starting a thread for, even if it is only your first post. Welcome to the board.

Rodger's comments support my theory in Outfrontgirl's thread that Lis goes next. I like AK's thought that the photos in the intro to the show are the equivalent of last year's final four, so the two missing are the final two (Colby and Tina). This also ties in nicely with Outfrontgirl's final two analysis.

Hey, if I stick around long enough to support my theory today, I may finally get to 100 after almost a year of posting!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-01, 07:50 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! "
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-01 AT 07:52 PM (EST)

Edited to add: Good job on a first post, Jodiah!

I think this is potentially a very, very good spoiler. Rodger is a teacher and unless the education skills of educators have seriously dropped off more than I thought possible in the USA, he surely would know which tense to phrase his answers.

I believe that one of the rutting mooses (colby and keith) are going to butt heads and get one of them knocked out first this week, but this spoiler is the strongest indication I've seen yet that Elisabeth is toast in 3rd place.

As posted on another thread elsewhere, this week's winner of IC (Colby, IMO) would have to convince one of the ladies to boot the other (Keith) out to grease the way to final 2 because Keith is too much of a IC threat to Colby. A Keith win in the final IC next week means he'll take Tina over Colby, so one of the guys must go this week.

PTTE: Keith 4th, Elisabeth 3rd, Colby 2nd, Tina winner.

"I tell ya... something stinks here"

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-24-01, 07:55 PM (EST)
3. "not necessarily...."
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-01 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

>Rodger is a teacher and
>unless the education skills of
>educators have seriously dropped off
>more than I thought possible
>in the USA, he surely
>would know which tense to
>phrase his answers.
>

....remember Rodg's message to his family at the chat:

"you would not believe the things I have saw and done."

But, I do believe this spoiler based on the description of his body language...did anyone else see this to confirm...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-01, 08:11 PM (EST)
5. "RE: not necessarily...."
Good point... missed that part in the RC where Rodger said "you would not believe the things I have saw and done."

I only saw him on Letterman last night (Mon.) and he did look uneasy, even if he didn't give anything away.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-01, 07:56 PM (EST)
4. "Anyone got a link to the video?"
This would go a long way to officially taking Liz out of the running!

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-24-01, 08:13 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! "
I agree with shakes, (not that i dont beleive u Jodiah) but did anyone else see this to confirm? If that was an exact quote then there is definetly a spoiler here. Did he try to cover up what he had said, or did he even realize he made a mistake?

missalex 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-24-01, 09:01 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! "
Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but is it possible that Burn-it told KJ to say something like that on the next show he was on (after the Early Show)? Remember that "possible slip" on the Early Show... "she might go all the way." (Okay, so that isn't exactly what he said, but it was close). He is, after all, still under contract.

Bye2Jerri 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-24-01, 09:13 PM (EST)
9. "Contract "
and being under contract, he would likely feel nervous saying something that was not heart felt or sincerely believed/known.

Just a thought.

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-24-01, 09:15 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! "
I posted this on another thread this morning. He did, indeed say in the past tense. (If she HAD won)

This is Big Orange and Tina Wesson country.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-01, 09:12 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! "
Did anyone else see this? Yes, this could be big. However... we have seen booted Survivors out-and-out lie, probably prompted by MB. I believed Jeff V's comments about Amber making some interesting moves later in the game the night she got booted.

Devil's advocate has me wondering if Rodger's discomfort could come from his difficulty lying .... assuming MB put him up to the comment.

Would love to see this!!!

Bye2Jerri 11 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-01, 09:21 PM (EST)
11. "Great minds thinking alike? :)"
I noticed we posted the same *possible* cause for Rogers discomfort within a minute of each other.

Roger does not seem the type who would be comfortable in ANY type of deliberate lie...and if he was asked to do this, I could see him looking guilty or uncomfortable.

Personal note: I believe Lis goes this week, yet I will hate very much to see it happen. I would MUCH rather see Keith or Colby leave first. I hope the Roger "slip" was staged by MB.

04-24-01, 09:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Great minds thinking alike? :)"
YES, I agree that great minds think alike!

Now there's a big difference between an "oops I shouldn't have said that" discomfort and an "I'm lying, can they see me sweat?" discomfort. If someone can get their hands on this - I'm sure a psychologist or....LAWYER would notice the difference.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-24-01, 09:36 PM (EST)
13. "Rodger and the game"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-01 AT 09:37 PM (EST)

In S1, we had three contestants making slips on radio shows right before the final (one off the air), referring to the winner as "he". I posted that it looked like a ruse to me, orchestrated by MB. Weeeelllll, guess what -- it wasn't, or at least the first one wasn't.

I don't think this is a ruse either. It seems like the perfect type of question to slip up on -- a question not directly about the game but about Rodger's friend Elisabeth. For those of you who want to believe this was orchestrated -- you may be right, no matter what I think. We'll know within the next ten days!

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-25-01, 08:50 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Great minds thinking alike? :)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-01 AT 09:05 AM (EST)

If
>someone can get their hands on this - I'm sure a psychologist >or....LAWYER would notice the difference.

Uh oh, Shakes, I think this is a challenge.

But I tend to agree that it COULD an MB plant & he asked Rodger to lie--who better to ask? We would believe poor sweet Christian Rodger if he told us the sun done rose in the West.

1) recently MB has said that he couldn't care less about the spoiler boards & their predictions & spoiler ability:
(http://www.dallasnews.com/survivor/stories/347015_bark_24liv.ART.html)

--but I think he does care & is still actively trying to screw with us. We, of course, let down our guards to think Lis goes in 3rd place & BAM! He gets us in the end because he is, hmmm...can we say...SATAN?

2) The spoiler that was "debunked" about Amber & Lis in the final two--the theory was disproven for Amber, sure, but not Lis. Best thing to do would be to put the winner together with a loser so we wouldn't believe either would be the winner.

I just want to add that I don't think Lis wins this thing; just wanted to play Devil's Advocate.

(Edited to apologize for stealing the words right out of Lizzlovers post! I just didn't read any further down the thread.)

04-25-01, 10:21 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Great minds thinking alike? :)"
Good post. MB sounds a little too smug to be believeable here. When he says "we" in this quote, I think he means "I." Since he's working on Combat Missions I don't doubt that he's not online himself.....but his minions on the other hand.....

"The first time around, no one knew if this kind of TV would work. So, while figuring it out, it's natural as a human being to look at everything, including the Internet. Well, we did figure it out. Now we just do what works, and we don't let the other stuff interfere. We just go about our business."

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-01, 11:02 PM (EST)
14. "Maybe I'm being naive..."
but can you think of a better person to give an apparent "screw up" concerning Liz? This was her "Outback Daddy" for God's sake. Maybe ole Rodge was playing it up for MB and the show.

Everyone trusts him, so MB would expect this kind of spoiler to be noticed by everyone, and it was. Good ole Rodger could have played the biggest prank on all of us by saying that. Perhaps the squirming and feeling uncomfortable was because he told a lie, and knew it, and that's why he acted the way he did. At this point I wouldn't put it past any of them. It just fits the ranch photo too well. I can't believe that the photo can be true after all of this. Why wasn't it out here earlier?

I think Rodger said that, knowing it wasn't true, and didn't like the fact that he had made a deal with the Devil (MB) to do so. Of course I AM a little biased on this, but at this point, I have to be!!

Liz Just Is!

Zowie 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-24-01, 11:17 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! "
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-01 AT 11:50 PM (EST)

HI everyone. I saw the show and have it on tape. Here is what was said from right before to right after.
Roger: She probably needed the money more than me.
Rosie: and medical stuff what was that. Medical bills or something.
Roger: Wellllll Yeah
rosie interupts: I'm very codependant I need to know this stuff.
Roger: uh That was sort of a family related medical thing and she was uh uh if she had won I know she was gonna help em out so
Rosie and Roger talk at the same time here. Rosie is saying something about rooting for her now and Roger is finishing his sentence That would be nice. In other words he said If she had won I know she was gonna help em out so that would be nice.

It took me four times to get what he said while rosie was talking over him. She is loud and he is so soft spoken.
He didn't seem nervous to me during the interview. Just when he first started to talk about the medical bills. Hope this helps.

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-01, 11:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! "
which makes my response just that more believable. He would not try to STRESS the point "IF" (over Rosie's loud mouth)had Liz not actually won, or was in the final two or even three.

You really can't trust these interviews anymore. They KNOW exactly what to expect, and what to say because they know what is going to be asked. If anyone could catch KJ off guard it would have been Letterman. I thought KJ upstaged Dave, which seemed to make Letterman uneasy. After seeing the interviews of the other contestants that have been booted before them, they knew what was coming. They've had a LONG time to rehearse this by now. I doubt anyone is going to give something away that easy.

Rodger felt uncomfortable telling a "fib", which gives me even more reason to believe Liz wins this darn thing afterall.

Lizz Just Is

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-01, 07:04 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! "
I think we're trying way too hard to read way too much into this. The way I'm seeing it, Rodger is trying to answer the question but not answer the question. He's trying NOT to give anything away and in the process gets tongue tied.
He's saying "would've" as a conditional tense, but it comes across to most of us as saying that Lis is gone.

I don't believe Rodger is the type to play MB's lying game on exit interviews. He'd probably tell MB that he's not good enough at that type stuff to do it. His being ill-at-ease is probably from the effort of trying not to give anything away but at the same time giving some answer to the question.

As to Rodger's general Engish abilities: 1) He was a CEO of a bank for 12 years, which means he AIN'T dumb. 2) His words at the Internet Cafe where he says "You wouldn't believe the things I saw or done." shocked me that he didn't have a better command of the English language, until I realized this: I think that this man has worked his @$$ off all his life and succeeded (and wasn't lying when he said he didn't need the money as much as some others might) despite a rural background, but in stressful or emotional times will revert to those original patterns developed as a child, hence the bad English.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-25-01, 10:59 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Roger on Rosie -- Big OOPS! "
>As to Rodger's general Engish abilities:
>1) He was a CEO
>of a bank for 12
>years, which means he AIN'T
>dumb. 2) His words at
>the Internet Cafe where he
>says "You wouldn't believe the
>things I saw or done."
>shocked me that he didn't
>have a better command of
>the English language, until I
>realized this: I think
>that this man has worked
>his @$$ off all his
>life and succeeded (and wasn't
>lying when he said he
>didn't need the money as
>much as some others might)
>despite a rural background, but
>in stressful or emotional times
>will revert to those original
>patterns developed as a child,
>hence the bad English.

Exactly. Living in a small southern town myself, I see this all the time. Someone who might in fact know the proper English usage, will revert back to the way they heard their parents speak and their grandparents speak. It doesn't mean they're dumb at all. I'm with you in that he probably just got a little confused, being a little nervous on national television, and just used the word "had". It's common in the south to say things like, "I woulda done that" or "I could've done that" when you're not referring to the past tense at all.

This is Big Orange and Tina Wesson country.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-01, 09:23 AM (EST)
23. "Totally agree with Mel here-----"
being from Tennessee,too, I will second or third these comments above. Rodger most assuredly doesn't teach English--LOL. He is a typical good old country boy and his "if she had of won" could mean she did or she didn't.

Ah, the complexities of southern-speak.

Kim

BTW--I don't think Liz wins, but not based on this.

thecrock 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-01, 08:54 AM (EST)
19. "Colby then Liz "
This was obviously a big mistake as was the Colby/Nick Vegas spoiler. Putting 2 + 2 together Colby goes on Thurday and Liz is the looser in the final 3.

StratPlayer 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-26-01, 04:26 AM (EST)
22. "Good try Jodiah,"
But I don't think this is a spoiler.

If you take Rogers words literally then you do have a spoiler but I don't think he meant it that way.

When he says "if she had won" I don't believe he means it in respect to the present time. Roger is explaining his thoughts at the time he talked to Tina in the outback. Roger was simply trying to reiterate to Rosie what he said about Liz being more deserving and such.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •