The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Steve Irwin on Survivor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dudder 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-22-01, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Steve Irwin on Survivor"
Hi. I used to work with Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter, and his wife Terri here in the US. During a challange Steve, and maybe Terri, are involved. They bring in some snakes, spiders and such from the Outback and do something with them. Steve gets bitten by a nonvenemous snake, but recieves medical attention. I don't watch the show really, so I don't know if this already happened or not. Sorry if it did. I just happened to run across this cool looking site, and thought I would join in the fun.

Thanks for reading this, I hope someone enjoys it.

dudder

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Troll time! flying squirrel 03-22-01 1
   RE: Troll time! LIZZLOVER 03-22-01 2
       Think first, post second flying squirrel 03-22-01 3
           RE: Think first, post second LIZZLOVER 03-22-01 4
               In conclusion-- flying squirrel 03-23-01 5
                   RE: In conclusion-- VampKira 03-23-01 6
                       Trolls, Spoilers, and other Scary S... Drive My Car 03-23-01 7
                           Thanks, ebug AyatollahKhomeini 03-23-01 8
                   Are you kidding squirrel? kreon 03-23-01 9
                       RE: Are you kidding squirrel? Lisapooh 03-23-01 10
                           Now I know... flying squirrel 03-23-01 11
                               RE: Now I know... LIZZLOVER 03-23-01 12
                                   RE: Now I know... Lisapooh 03-23-01 13
                                       I'm sorry, too flying squirrel 03-23-01 14
 RE: if anyone its Crocodile Dundee Wallflower 03-23-01 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-22-01, 09:09 PM (EST)
1. "Troll time!"
Evidence? None! Claim? Outrageous! Troll? Yep!

>I just happened to run across this cool looking site

Yeah, after you were locked out by survivorsucks. Take your game somewhere else.

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 10:13 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Troll time!"
Yo, Mr. "I have a whole 61 postings so I must know what I'm talking about", this subject has been brought up in posts before.
Although I am a "newbie" when it comes to postings, not readings. There supposedly is a challenge that involves snakes, spiders, etc. I believe it was called "paired off" in which they had to turn over baskets and match up the items under the baskets. If I recall correctly, they had to hold everything they matched up, including snakes, spiders, etc. Maybe the person is a troll, but who the hell are YOU to jump on them??

Lizz Just Is......

03-22-01, 11:00 PM (EST)
3. "Think first, post second"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-01 AT 04:52 AM (EST)

LIZZLOVER, this post is obviously garbage. I'll dissect it in a moment. First, let's focus on your post:

>Yo, Mr. "I have a whole 61 postings so I must know what I'm >talking about",

I've been on this board since the beginning during S1. I'm not as desperate to read my name here as some others are, and I've been busy during S2. Are you intimating that the number of posts is a measure of quality? If so, how? People with no sense made hundreds of posts on the ezboard, which is why the ezboard became such a joke.

>this subject has been brought up in posts before.... There
>supposedly is a challenge that involves snakes, spiders, etc. I
>believe it was called "paired off" in which they had to turn
>over baskets and match up the items under the baskets. If I
>recall correctly, they had to hold everything they matched up,
>including snakes, spiders, etc.

Where did you hear this? One of the few constants in S2 is that we have known next to nothing about the upcoming challenges. What do you mean there "supposedly" is a challenge? Who said so?

Well, in fact there is evidence that there may be a challenge called "Paired Off", in which spiders and snakes play a MINOR role. See the front and back of a document (below) supposedly obtained by Peter Lance ("The Stingray"). A troll posting on the ezboard just used this document as the basis for another hoax -- the "Blencoe Creek challenge." Could this be the same troll?

Read the description of this challenge, then see if you can figure out how Steve Irwin could possibly figure in to it. S2 already has a host...

>Maybe the person is a troll, but who the hell are YOU to jump
>on them??

Who am I? A person who wants to use this board for spoilers, not pranks. Which type of person are you?

LIZZLOVER, let's look at the original post and I'll show you why it's garbage. Maybe next time you'll look before you leap.

>Hi. I used to work with Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter, and his wife Terri here in the US.

OK, this is a classic troll start -- claiming some source of inside knowledge. We all know who Steve Irwin is (I liked the FedEx commercial where the anti-venom didn't arrive in time). What we don't learn is any reason what this person did for Steve Irwin or why this person has a continuing connection to Steve Irwin.

>During a challange Steve, and maybe Terri, are involved.

Who told this to the poster? We aren't supposed to ask -- we're just supposed to assume it was Steve, or maybe Terri. Can you really imagine Steve Irwin walking around telling people from his past about this?

And SINCE WHEN have we had guest stars on Survivor? Mark Burnett knows perfectly well that the presence of guest stars detracts from the game.

>They bring in some snakes, spiders and such from the Outback
>and do something with them.

I had a good laugh thinking of all the things they could do with them. Seriously, why would it be Steve Irwin that Mark Burnett would use to bring in snakes, spiders and such? He'd use an animal wrangler, who would work cheap and would agree to sign a confidentiality contract -- which Steve Irwin would never do.

>Steve gets bitten by a nonvenemous snake, but recieves medical attention.

Why does he need medical attention if he is bitten by a "nonvenomous" snake? Think, LIZZLOVER, think!

>I don't watch the show really, so I don't know if this already
>happened or not. Sorry if it did. I just happened to run across
>this cool looking site, and thought I would join in the fun.

Do YOU really believe this? I "just happened to run across this site" by sheer coincidence, and I just HAPPENED to know some valuable information about S2 that no one else knows? Oh, and I came across a Survivor site EVEN THOUGH "I don't watch the show really"? Do YOU think this site is easy to come across by happenstance? Surely you can't be that gullible.

LIZZLOVER, I'm sorry to be rough with you, but this site will turn into the ezboard if we let it. Feel free to hang out here, but if you can't think critically about the evidence coming on the boards, please don't post.

03-22-01, 11:27 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Think first, post second"
FIrst of all, I apolgize. I don't apologize to you. I apologize for dragging out this thread.

First of all, this site is VERY easy to come across. Go to Yahoo, and type in Survivor 2 and see what happens. Even a "naive, gullible" person can find it. It's not like this is a super secret site or anything. Sean from S1 found it(or am I mistaken there too) so it must be pretty easy to find.

I guess I took your message the wrong way. We're all people here just having a good time. It's not like we are trying to unravel the mystery of the fake moon landing or searching for the cure to cancer. It's just a TV show. I just don't believe that people need to be "jumped on" for posting a message on a board, whether they are a troll or not. I would never have responded to that message if I hadn't read your post. There are a lot of people interested in this show, and this is an outlet. There are people in place on this board to take care of the bogus posts. We have the good folks to do that (shakes and AT)

I DID think before I posted. I just didn't like what you wrote.

Lizz Just Is....

03-23-01, 00:11 AM (EST)
5. "In conclusion--"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-01 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

LIZZLOVER, I simply hope that other people reading this exchange will think more critically in the future about the crap that will keep drifting onto our boards.

>First of all, this site is VERY easy to come across. Go to
>Yahoo, and type in Survivor 2 and see what happens. Even
>a "naive, gullible" person can find it. It's not like this is a
>super secret site or anything. Sean from S1 found it(or am I
>mistaken there too) so it must be pretty easy to find.

But you ignore the point -- this person said that he or she doesn't watch Survivor. This person has no idea what has happened on the show. So WHY would this person be searching in Yahoo! for a site dedicated to "Survivor 2"? Remember the original words:

>I don't watch the show really, so I don't know if this already
>happened or not. Sorry if it did. I just happened to run across
>this cool looking site, and thought I would join in the fun.

Read them again: "I just happened to run across this cool looking site, and thought I would join in the fun." Does that sound to you like a person who was searching for a Survivor 2 site on Yahoo!? If so, I can make you an excellent deal on a bridge in Brooklyn...

You then make a very good point:

>We're all people here just having a good time. It's not like we
>are trying to unravel the mystery of the fake moon landing or
>searching for the cure to cancer. It's just a TV show.

I agree with this, but I don't agree with your follow-up:

>I just don't believe that people need to be "jumped on" for
>posting a message on a board, whether they are a troll or not.

I disagree, and I think virtually every other person on this board would also disagree. There is a HUGE difference between a person who is seriously trying to contribute to the board and a person trying to sucker the rest of us with a made-up hoax. The first person deserves support and help, but the hoaxer doesn't. He or she is deliberately mocking all of us. This hoax isn't as bad as the "Superman is dead" one from yesterday, but in principle it is no different. The hoaxer doesn't want to be part of the board. He or she just wants to suck us in and then laugh at us.

>I would never have responded to that message if I hadn't read
>your post.

Then you shouldn't have responded. Hoaxers aren't very popular on this board since yesterday, and I doubt people who defend their right to pull hoaxes will be very popular either.

>There are a lot of people interested in this show, and this is
>an outlet.

I know you are one of those people, LIZZLOVER. But the hoaxer isn't. The hoaxer is just interested in making fun of us and then gloating about how gullible we are.

>There are people in place on this board to take care of the
>bogus posts. We have the good folks to do that (shakes and AT)

I presume you mean AK. But EVERYONE has the responsibility to stop an OBVIOUS hoax before it spreads. I wonder if "dudder" knows "supermanssister"?

>I DID think before I posted. I just didn't like what you wrote.

Well, as I said earlier, if you think that people who plant hoaxes are OK on these boards, you aren't going to be very popular around here. Since you're the one who has to live with that, I won't say anything more on the subject.

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-23-01, 00:35 AM (EST)
6. "RE: In conclusion--"
>>>I disagree, and I think virtually every other person on this board would also disagree. There is a HUGE difference between a person who is seriously trying to contribute to the board and a person trying to sucker the rest of us with a made-up hoax. The first person deserves support and help, but the hoaxer doesn't. He or she is deliberately mocking all of us. This hoax isn't as bad as the "Superman is dead" one from yesterday, but in principle it is no different. The hoaxer doesn't want to be part of the board. He or she just wants to suck us in and then laugh at us.<<<

I couldn't agree with you more, squirrel. This is getting far too out of hand, and I WILL NOT go through a repeat of yesterday if I can help it, and I don't think any one else will either. This board musn't turn into a circus. ( no offense, Shakes. )

You must have come here, LIZZLOVER, because we are different than the rest of the boards, so please understand why it is so important for us to keep it that way.

**GO NICK***KEEP A LOW(ER) PROFILE****
"No sign of the morning coming, you've been left on your own, like a rainbow in the dark."-Ronnie James Dio

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-01, 01:17 AM (EST)
7. "Trolls, Spoilers, and other Scary Stuff."
I don't usually post here, ya'll get really intense, and frankly you guys scare the breakfast outta me.
I do read here, and I have an enormous ammount of respect for the people who seek out the clues and do the real detective work.

Creeps who post hatefully to this site, and trolls who post fraud; are not just a Spoiler problem, we are all SB, and we are all affected.

I have no answers for dealing with the trouble on a whole, I think we will all deal with individuals as it happens. I hope we don't start doubting every new poster. But the suspicious ones are pretty transparent (usually)

I have 2 more things to say (then I will quietly go back to observing the experts at work)
Sean from survivor could have found us on his own, but the reason he showed up here and posted, was that he was invited.
People from this site went to his web site and asked him to check us out.

And... did I miss an election or something? Are AK and Shakes like the official ATF agents or something? ( I say ATF because I live in TX and we know ATF is way scarier then FBI)

And to badly quote popeye

" we ams what we ams"

EBug

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-23-01, 02:47 AM (EST)
8. "Thanks, ebug"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-01 AT 03:59 AM (EST)

ebug, thanks for coming over here. I agree with virtually everything you said, and you said it better than I would have!

Every new poster is NOT a potential troll. MOST new posters are potential new friends. But occasionally one of those trolls creeps out from under the bridge ... and needs to be dealt with quickly.

LIZZLOVER, I understand the debate over flaming. It seems to me that flying squirrel reacted pretty much the way I would have reacted to such an obvious hoax -- by trying to make sure that the troll got as little attention as possible. I think the explanation of why this post was made by a troll was excellent; please reply or e-mail me if it isn't clear. I'm just guessing, but I doubt that flying squirrel would have written anything if there was some chance that this was real info.

And, ebug, as far as I know, I have not become an SB version of an ATF agent. Anyone is free to respond, as long as they keep Colleen's motto in mind. But trolls aren't playing fair, so being nice to them is counterproductive.

Edited becuase I fell asleep in the middle of composing this

kreon 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-23-01, 11:11 AM (EST)
9. "Are you kidding squirrel?"
You seem way too upset by a strangers post! Is this Internet message board your private little planet? I can't believe you posted to Lizzlover this intense, drawn out, ridiculous rant because she simply responded in disagreement to your remarks about the original poster of this thread. You even went further to express to her that if she stood in support of what you believed to be fraudulent spoilers she would not be "Popular" around here. What the hell is that? Are you mentally ill or something? Have you actually gotten so into the Internet that you have lost your marbles? This is just a message board! This is just typed text! If you are suggesting one would not be "Popular" on a message board it's time for you to shut your comp off and go outside and get some fresh air and..... FORCE YOURSELF TO INTERACT WITH HUMAN BEINGS LIVE AND IN PERSON!! Do you realize that you posted to a complete stranger that the reason you attacked the alleged hoaxer was because if he/she wasn't weeded out they would make fun of you and gloat about you being gullable. Now that statement show's where your mind is at. If you truly do feel like a stranger on the internet can make you feel vulnerable for some teasing when no one knows who you are, where you live etc.. I'm thinking you need to stay off the Internet for a while and go seek counsel. Your willingness to give emotional power to a stranger on the Internet is a red light!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 11:48 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Are you kidding squirrel?"
I hesitate to do this because this thread needs to go by the wayside, but I'm kind of shocked at the turn this board has taken recently.

Not only are we getting a bunch of bogus obvious hoaxes but we're also getting a lot more mean-spirited, antagonistic replies.

The reason I came to this board instead of ss is because the level of discussion and analysis is way better and, equally important, the civility. When I come here, I try to read the "most popular" posts because theoretically the best discussions would be there, but they seem to be awash in so much garbage. Shakes uses discretion - he doesn't go off without reason and he doesn't do it to get attention; I've taken much less offense to things he's done then others. I'm not singling anyone out - I just didn't want this to turn into a diatribe against Shakes, because he doesn't deserve it. Flames are warranted from time to time, as is patience with newbies.

I haven't been here very long, and probably have no right to complain. I've done my share of purely "desperate attention whore" postings myself, but it's getting out of hand. Let's remember what we have here - a forum for the best, most comprehensive analysis available geared at what we all ultimately want to do - FIGURE OUT THIS FLIPPIN' GAME!!! Anything not geared toward that needs to be done in moderation. I'm as guilty as anyone.

If we wanted to be humiliated, belittled and patronized, we'd all spend more time with our families and less time on here!

"Can't we all just get along?"

03-23-01, 12:41 PM (EST)
11. "Now I know..."
... why I've had better things to do during S2 than post here very often. kreon and LIZZLOVER are representative of the ss.com mentality that has come over to SB recently.

I've watched AyaK and SB defend shakes in a series of three threads -- but I thought there was a real issue there, which I expressed above: new posters should be helped, not torched. Even that discussion went WAY too far, though.

I fail to see why any type of patience should apply to someone who wants to pull an obvious hoax. I tried to explain why the hoax was obvious, and why I think it is inappropriate to let such stuff go unanswered -- especially considering the "Superman is dead" hoax. In my personal opinion, people who post hoaxes, not those who debunk them, are the ones who take the fun out of this game. And I'm afraid the presence of all of these ex-ezboard people will take the fun out of SB.

I'm not in favor of a closed board. Some of the new posters -- such as Krautboy, Outfrontgirl, sleeeve, Kokoro, IceCat, Lisapooh, Play2Survive, and many others (too numerous to mention, and I'm sorry for omitting you here) -- have brought a lot of intelligence and life to this board from their very first posts. SB.com has welcomed them, and I hope that SB.com will also welcome their successors. But others bring nothing but an attitude, and I don't need to mention any names.

kreon makes one excellent point. Most of us were drawn here because we wanted to spoil "Survivor" AND have fun together, unlike ss.com. But, when people like kreon come in, what used to be a fairly friendly group of people working together becomes "just a message board" and "just typed text!" Is that what we want?

I have nothing further to contribute to this discussion or this thread. Lisapooh, I apologize for having taken up so many bytes on yet another hoax -- I probably should never have responded to LIZZLOVER in the first place, because it doesn't seem to have done any good. At least I tried.

03-23-01, 02:49 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Now I know..."
OK, I'm done now as well. I apologize to you Mr Squirrel. I acted too hastily in my remarks about you after your post. You know nothing about me, I know nothing about you. Personal attacks are not needed. I enjoy reading the material on this site and find it very interesting. I just think sometimes we can get carried away with some things.

I'll stick to reading the posts, and bite my tongue if I disagree with certain statements. That should make the world (and apparently this message board) a better place.

Lizz Just Is....

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 03:10 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Now I know..."

I didn't mean to imply that you Lizzlover or you Squirrel don't have the right to express your opinions! Thw whole purpose of the board (IMHO) is for all of us to share ideas and theories and then try to disprove or prove them as best we can.

We all have the right to be here - we all have valid points and opinions. You should express it when you disagree or agree - you should explain why. Hopefully the more ridiculous and blatantly stupid posts will die quickly if we ignore them. Hopefully newbies will do what the vast majority of us did when we came along _ read first, pay attention to how things are done and post respectfully.

Life ain't as hard as we're making it! Both of you should stick around and help us figure this thing out!

03-23-01, 04:23 PM (EST)
14. "I'm sorry, too"
And I said I wasn't going to say any more on this thread...

I'm sorry, LIZZLOVER, but I overreacted as well. While it was fair of me to rip the original hoax apart, it wasn't fair of me to rip your post apart at the same time. I realize that a better approach would have been just to explain why dudder was obviously a troll, especially in the light of all the controversy about shakes' posts to new people.

Two good results: we stopped the hoax without anyone falling for it, and we learned Lisapooh was a good mediator!

Wallflower 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-23-01, 10:07 PM (EST)
15. "RE: if anyone its Crocodile Dundee"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-01 AT 01:11 AM (EST)

For all its worth, months ago I was under the impression
that Paul Hogan would be guest starring on Survivor II.
Then I saw the commercial recently with Hogan in it
promoting Survivor II. Go figger right.
~Wallflower

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •