The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So, should I do it???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Love Cruise Everything (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-04-01, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So, should I do it???"
Check out this link from E!Online...I want to feel good about the mention, but then I look at my company. But, tell Burn-it that I will politely decline the opportunity to save his weak a$$ show b/c I've already dealt with one show where the rules get changed whenever the producer's feel like it, I don't think I want to deal with that again...

Here is the link and text, BOLD text added for highlight....

http://msn.eonline.com/Gossip/Wanda/Archive/011130b.html

grill, gossip & gripe November 21, 2001

ER

The Problem: Two words: Carter and Susan. Ewww.

Can It Be Saved? Sadly, the show may never return to what it once was, especially after Eriq La Salle and Anthony Edwards abandon ship later this season. However, there is hope. Mekhi Phifer joins the cast early next year (no word yet on recurring or regular), and then there's that wild rumor about Benjamin Bratt in negotiations to fill A.E.'s empty scrubs. That is one yummy rumor I choose to believe.

Dawson's Creek

The Problem: Thanks to a certain squeaky Creeker, last season's whiplash-fast shift from Joey & Pacey to Joey & Dawson left the characters without credibility and viewers scratching their throbbing noggins. Plus, in the midst of the nasty King-of-the-Creek showdown, rumors started to leak that Katie Holmes wants to leave the show. And of course, no Katie, no Creek.

Can It Be Saved? The producers are taking giant leaps in the right direction. After listening to fan criticism, they've decided to bring Josh Jackson back into the spotlight, which means splitting up Joey and Dawson (and pairing him up with the lovely Jen Lindley). As for Katie, she's reportedly happier than ever in Capeside now, as her boyfriend, Chris Klein, just moved into town and they bought a house. So, the show isn't going anywhere. Especially in light of what a source tells me about the cast members recently signing extensions to take them through the 2002-2003 season.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The Problem: It kills me to say this. Buffy has been slummin' a bit this season, most likely because creator Joss Whedon's commitments make it impossible for him to spend much time on the set. Sure, it's still one of the best-written series on the tube, but the overabundance of darker angst- and conflict-ridden episodes makes me crave the days of high school frivolity (and jokes, for crying out loud). Plus, the amped-up violence and sex run the risk of narrowing the show's audience. I'm sure many a parent pulled the plug after that knock-down-drag-out sex scene (and then retired to their room, no doubt).

Can It Be Saved? Absolutely--if that nutty Joss stops taking on every job under the sunless sky. In the meantime, a source close to the set tells me that the episodes they're now planning will "mellow out a little on the dark stuff." As for the kid-unfriendly scenes, I'm told there's talk of possibly moving Buffy to the 9 p.m. hour. (Roswell hasn't been picked up yet for a full season.)

Survivor

The Problem: The old gray cow just ain't what she used to be. In its third season, Survivor is plagued by predictability (that switcharoo only gave it a temporary jolt) and, most notably, bad casting. I mean really, does anyone care which unlikeable loser takes the mil?

Can It Be Saved? A friend who visited the new Survivor site in French Polynesia tells me the producers have realized their Africa mistake and done a complete 180. Apparently, the new cast is made up of Colbys, Elisabeths and Colleens--all fabulously good-looking and likable people. Yawn. My advice is to bring on the casting geniuses who did Fox's Love Cruise. Give me one little Toni or a Michael, and I'm on the edge of my couch cushion again.

Agree? Appalled? Tell me all about it in our next chat, this Monday at 6 p.m. ET/ 3 p.m. PT. I've got you all to myself this time, so we'll have plenty of room to dish on the shows you love.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Laddie and the Tramp AyaK 12-04-01 1
   This is Just Plain Wrong... IceCat 12-04-01 2
 RE: It's a compliment janisella 12-05-01 3
 RE: So, should I do it??? dabo 12-05-01 4
 RE: So, should I do it??? Sweetipea 12-08-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 8129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-04-01, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Laddie and the Tramp"
(aka Michael and Toni)

shakes, it's good to see true genius get recognized.

I don't think bad casting is the problem with Survivor:Africa, though. In fact, I think Africa's casting is a step up from Australia -- we don't have any Nick or Amber types gumming up the works this time. Instead, I think the problem with Africa is that the surroundings are just SO BORING! On another board, we had a huge debate about where Survivor might be contested that wouldn't be too dangerous and still would have visual appeal. Needless to say, no one was picking Shaba Reserve. MB should have listened to us.

The other problem with Survivor is structural: in S1, the final 5 were Tagi; in S2, the final 3 were Ogakor; in S3, I'll be stunned if original Boran tribemates don't make up all of the final 4. Not even Michael or Toni could change that.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

IceCat 16886 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-01, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "This is Just Plain Wrong..."

... but I just can't help myself:

September 11, 2001

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-05-01, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It's a compliment"
Definitely take it as a compliment. It means you have brains and personality and are INTERESTING.

Toni was probably included because she has breasts and causes loud conflict.

dabo 20247 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-01, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So, should I do it???"
Absolutely, convince MB to stage a Survivor with the best of the best from all the reality game shows, the really interesting movers and shakers, that would be incredible! Just don't convince him to bring back anyone from loser island, natch. Personally, I think the problems in S3 involve both a poor choice for a game site and that MB needs to rethink his casting protocols.
you must gufu
SMILES ARE FREE. 'ho
ho ho ho!
"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Sweetipea 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-08-01, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweetipea Click to send private message to Sweetipea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So, should I do it???"
I think it is great that someone is recognizing the fact that you did stand out on a show that really didn't have anything going for it. Although whatever you do is entirely up to you, I would take the compliment for what it is worth and maybe consider doing something else that shows us all of those deviant layers you have.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •