The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Love Cruise Everything (Protected)
Original message

editx 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-17-01, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail editx Click to send private message to editx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
Someone please tell me who let the support gate open and flooded this board with so many Michael sympathizers? Michael this and blah blah Michael that...the guy is a worm. The Jewish community should be throwing spoiled Gefilte Fish Salad at him for repping them like that.

The way I see it, the guy came in like a sissy and went out like a beaten down sissy.

Someone enlighten me as to what makes his "character", and I use that term loosely, any less weak and tarnished than the rest of that band of misfits. And please spare me that obligitory..."he was true to himself" crapola. He was just as sly as the next. I found qualities in all of the players that I found equal parts sad, funny and disgusting. That is why I watched, to see what character flaw was going to come out in who next.

Ahoy Maties!
Jay
Columbia, SC

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What the "F" is so good about M... Drive My Car 10-17-01 1
   RE: What the "F" is so good about M... LadyT 10-17-01 3
   RE: What the "F" is so good about M... editx 10-17-01 6
   RE: What the "F" is so good about M... JulieMc 10-17-01 14
       RE: What the "F" is so good about M... JulieMc 10-17-01 15
 RE: What the "F" is so good about M... AresMars 10-17-01 2
 RE: What the "F" is so good about M... Danielle1774 10-17-01 4
   ??? editx 10-17-01 5
       RE: ??? LadyT 10-17-01 7
       RE: ??? AresMars 10-17-01 8
           RE: ??? editx 10-17-01 9
               And you never will AresMars 10-17-01 10
               To editx AyaK 10-17-01 12
               RE: ??? dabo 10-17-01 13
 RE: What the "F" is so good about M... Fast Eddie 10-17-01 11
 RE: What the "F" is so good about M... LondonFSP 10-17-01 16
   RE: What the "F" is so good about M... Monkeyboy 10-17-01 17
       ... and they were singin'... IceCat 10-17-01 18
           RE: ... and they were singin'... AresMars 10-18-01 19
 RE: What the "F" is so good about M... deebo 10-18-01 20
   RE: What the "F" is so good about M... true 10-18-01 21
   RE: What the "F" is so good about M... dabo 10-19-01 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-01, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
Uhmm, He's HOT?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
Amen sistah!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

10-17-01, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail editx Click to send private message to editx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
Beauty is absolutely in the eye of the beholder ladies...and what I see is a very average looking guy with an above average inferiority complex.

Basically, the male equivalent of Lisa.

Ahoy Maties,
Jay
Columbia, SC

JulieMc 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-17-01, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JulieMc Click to send private message to JulieMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
I'll go with that,lol

JulieMc 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-17-01, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JulieMc Click to send private message to JulieMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
damn, that last post is in the wrong place.....anyway I am going with what "Drive My Car" said, mike's a major hottie.. *wink wink*

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-17-01, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
1) He could have taken down all of ChiTown but elected not too. Loyalty is rare and Michael showed it even if the rest of the worms he was allied with didn't.

2) After it was all said and done he made the attempts to reconcile with those contestants he really cared about. Jeanette, Lisa, Darin, and Mellisa.

3) The only guy on the ship that had as much class as Mike is Darren the winner. The rest were all freaks with Anthony leading the mutant squad and Ralph as mascot.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

Danielle1774 9 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Danielle1774 Click to send private message to Danielle1774 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
You must have been a Toni fan. Enough said.

10-17-01, 02:17 PM (EST)
5. "???"
And you must be 11 Danielle? Am positive that that is not enough said, seeing as how I don't know what you are trying to say...

Make yourself clear or get off your mommies computer please.

Ahoy Maties!
Jay
Columbia, SC

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: ???"
Hey Jay, you know some of us have come to know Michael from this board and we like and respect him. If you can't accept that, well move on. Calling someone 11 shows us that you are the immature one. Get a life Jay.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

10-17-01, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: ???"
I think it is pretty obvious to anyone with an ounce of reasoning skills that she was implying that because you seem to hate Mike so much when there were much viler contestants that you mus be a fan of Toni's since she has the same unwarrented hatred.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

10-17-01, 03:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: ???"
Excuse me but I never said or meant to imply that I hated anyone...including Michael. And what is the connection between me and Toni again...I still don't get it.

J

10-17-01, 03:21 PM (EST)
10. "And you never will"

God Bless America

AyaK 8129 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "To editx"
Jay, I only have one thing to say. Flaming Michael is fair on this board. For someone to say that you must be a Toni fan because you're anti-Michael is fair on this board. For you to tell that person that she must be 11 and should get off her mommy's computer is not fair and will not be accepted.

It's OK to insult contestants personally. It's OK to debate ... or even to make fun of, within limits ... another poster's theories and opinions. It is not OK to make personal attacks on another poster. OK?

As the Love Cruise board incorporates both bashers and fanatics, some conflict is inevitable, and I've tried to allow for that. But please don't push it too far.

dabo 20247 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: ???"
Jay, those of us who have been around here awhile know Michael via his shakes the clown persona. We know he can be disagreable to some people. We also know he is an honest person, sometimes brutally so. Yes, he has character flaws, everyone does. Those of us who know him from these boards knew he would put on a show. Speaking for myself, and there are a few others as well who fall into this same category, I wouldn't even have watched the show had not Michael been a part of it. As it turned out, the game itself, in my opinion, was awful. The show was entertaining, though, and Michael had a lot to do with making it as watchable as it turned out to be. Now, jump into the Survivor boards, chum, we got the real thing (game wise) and the more the merrier!

SMILES ARE FREE.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-17-01, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
He posts here, so everybody goes goo-gah over a celebrity. Could have been any of them and the same would have happened. A similar thing happened on survivorblows when Dr. Doh! showed up.

Personally I liked Michael. I enjoy the art of game playing and I think he played quite well. He deserved to be in the finals on the basis of the game (poorly constructed as it was). IMHO.

I agree with your insight on the players' qualities and flaws. I suspect most of us would come across the same way.

LondonFSP 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LondonFSP Click to send private message to LondonFSP Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
Michael was my favourite character on the show, before I even knew he posted. Basically, he construed the game in to what it was supposed to be-a game. You honestly mean to tell me you wouldnt have done the same thing in his position once you knew what a a bunch of losers you were stuck with? Dude, its survival of the fittest out there on the Mandalay. Compared to what people like Toni and Anthony did, Michael is a saint.

Cram it.

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-17-01, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
Mikey was pretty funny...but cartainly not as KEWL as the king of media whores, BalloonBoy!
I think I liked his Andy of Mayberry fishing hat.

All I know is he wasn't Anthony.

IceCat 16886 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "... and they were singin'..."
'... and something touched me...
deep insiiiiiide...
the day...
balloooooooooon boy...
died'

... and they were singin'...

Bye... bye...
To balloon making guy...

Everybody remembers where they were when they first heard that Balloon Boy had been...

<sniff>

... dismissed.

September 11, 2001

10-18-01, 10:03 AM (EST)
19. "RE: ... and they were singin'..."
Ahhhhh... IceCat you are bringing back fond memories of Private Lemon

God Bless America

deebo 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-18-01, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deebo Click to send private message to deebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
This is why I think Mike has built up such a following/celebrity fan club/big clown around town status...

A lot of these posters are reality junkies, and judging by the mind boggling number of posts they are also avid visitors to this site. I started reading this board when love cruise started, but apparently it has been around since survivor 1. Anyway, Mike joined a while ago under the nom de plume of shakes. He infiltrated the board, and began posting like a.. well.. clown. Apparently he had the intentions of building up support for himself on lovecruise from the inside.

I read his love cruise summaries, and honestly they were hilarious. They actually had me laughing out loud. So, I can imagine that a lot of his supporters here already knew a lot about his wit and sense of humor, and liked his online persona way before they knew about the show. So, when it comes out that he is actually on the show, everyone feels like they KNOW someone on the show. That provides a huge reason to watch, captivates a lot of interest, and promotes the emotional well wishing that we see.

If you know shakes and his sense of humor, then when watching the show you could see him in action, and appreciate him a lot more. Without that forehand knowledge of his personality, watching the show might not be enough to win you over. But, that is the fault of the editing. I know that I felt like I was watching the action under a strobe light.

So, in summary:
1. Good job Mike. I think that you could have won if you didn't actually care about people's feelings. The fact that you did care makes you a good guy in real life and a <sap alert> real winner!</sap alert>

2. Jay, thanks for showing the world what a "hater" is.

3. what is the level after got milk spokesperson?

true 9681 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
Great observations deebo. Well thought out posts, like yours, make our little community here what it is. Welcome aboard!

I'm not exactly sure how long the milk gig lasts, take a look at the off topic board, our webmaster is currently soliciting ideas for new titles! And you might just enjoy some of the other nonsense that goes on there!

shakes has been around here for some time, many of us have got to know him, so yes, it was indeed a special occasion to see one of our own on TV!

true

dabo 20247 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-01, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: What the "F" is so good about Michael?"
deebo (hehehe, I have a bookend, hehehe), I think the next level is Hollywood Suares. There's a thread on Off Topic Forum (OT for short) started by Survivorblows which you may be interested in taking a look at.

Welcome to the Blows Community.

SMILES ARE FREE.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •