The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"One thing that needs to be cleared up...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Love Cruise Everything (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-17-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"One thing that needs to be cleared up...."
It has really bothered me in the last week to read all the posts ripping on Jeanette about playing the "need money for my kid" card. I wanted to jump in and set the record straight as soon as I saw the posts, but because of the drama in the show involving whether or not Jeanette would switch me out in the finale I didn't want to tip my hand by defending Jeanette on the message boards. So, I decided to wait until after the finale.

Anyway, I want to make it perfectly clear that Jeanette NEVER once told anybody that she needed money to take care of her daughter and mother...Toni and Andrea were the ones running around saying that! Jeanette was there for one reason and one reason only, to have a free vacation.

Honestly, the only reason Jeanette even tried out for the show was because she was supposed to go on a Windjammer cruise earlier last year and it was cancelled...when she saw the audition notice she went for the chance at getting to take the cruise after all.

Also, Jeanette didn't even realize the full extent of what she signed up for....she actually thought that we would be on a vacation and they would come film us for a couple of hours a day and that was it....she had no idea that we would be constantly on camera. When she got voted out the first time she was happy to leave cause she didn't want to be on camera anymore,and she was never there to play the game. IMO she is the anti-media whore.

So, for anyone who wants to compare Jeanette to Autumn from BB2 I suggest you go back and review the tapes and come up with even ONE instance where Jeanette tells anyone she needs the money.

Also, the bribe DID happen, and it was on a day off when there were no cameras around, but I will adress that subject in another post.

Guess who?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: One thing that needs to be clea... Brooke 10-17-01 1
   Uhm Brooke.... shakes the clown 10-17-01 3
       RE: Uhm Brooke.... AresMars 10-17-01 4
 RE: One thing that needs to be clea... LadyT 10-17-01 2
 RE: One thing that needs to be clea... JulieMc 10-17-01 5
   RE: One thing that needs to be clea... ItzLisa 10-17-01 6
 RE: One thing that needs to be clea... Lisapooh 10-17-01 7
   RE: One thing that needs to be clea... JulieMc 10-17-01 8
       RE: One thing that needs to be clea... Monkeyboy 10-18-01 9
 RE: One thing that needs to be clea... SkyRaider 10-18-01 10
   lay off the drugs SkyRaider shakes the clown 10-18-01 11
       RE: lay off the drugs SkyRaider Cin 10-18-01 12
           RE: lay off the drugs SkyRaider SkyRaider 10-18-01 15
       LOL!!! floridagirl 10-18-01 13
       RE: lay off the drugs SkyRaider SkyRaider 10-18-01 14
           RE: lay off the drugs SkyRaider PepeLePew13 10-18-01 16
 Everyone needs to get a grip Dawn 10-18-01 17
   RE: Everyone needs to get a grip SkyRaider 10-18-01 18
       SkyRaider we might actually floridagirl 10-18-01 19
       RE: Everyone needs to get a grip Dawn 10-18-01 20
   WELCOME Dawn Thrill Seeker 10-18-01 21
       RE: WELCOME Dawn Dawn 10-18-01 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brooke 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-17-01, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brooke Click to send private message to Brooke Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: One thing that needs to be cleared up...."
Well, she certainly didn't stop anyone from saying it! That's just as bad as if she had. And we ALL know Toni and Andrea are two idiots, but even dumb#ss like them wouldn't pretend they were sacrificing money for a "worthy cause" had the idea not been planted in their head. I know Jeannete is your pal and all, but many of times she was just as whiny and conniving as the rest of them. Just because she didn't stab YOU in the back doesn't mean she was a saint!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-17-01, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Uhm Brooke...."
>Well, she certainly didn't stop anyone
>from saying it! That's just
>as bad as if she
>had. And we ALL
>know Toni and Andrea are
>two idiots, but even dumb#ss
>like them wouldn't pretend they
>were sacrificing money for a
>"worthy cause" had the idea
>not been planted in their
>head.

..first of all, all the talk about Jeanette needing the money for her kid was done by Toni and Andrea while Jeanette WAS ON LOSER ISLAND!!!! So, how could she stop them from saying it?

As soon as Jeanette came back to the boat and learned of what they were saying she made sure to tell all of us that she never told anyone that, and none of us could point to a time when we had ever heard her say anything like that before she left.

.....have you ever heard of editiing? And the fact that for every 1 hour of footage used there are 220 hours left on the cutting room floor. There were plenty of times during the final episode where myself and Jeanette made comments to the jury that Jeanette doesn't need their charity and that she can take care of her mom and daughter by herself, just as she had been doing successfully for the past 14 years. Unfortunately, most of that footage was unused in the final cut, although there is a shot of Jeanette talking to me on the beach about not needing the money from those people.

And hate to break it to you, but Andrea and Toni DID perpetuate that whole thing for their own selfish benefit of making themselves look better with the people on teh boat (and eventual final jury which thank god neitehr of them made it to)

Look, I'm not going to argue with you or anyone about this subject anymore....if you want answers, I will give them...you are not in a position to argue with me about this cause unlike you, I was there and have FIRSTHAND unedited knowlege of what actually happened, not just what happened during the roughly 7 hours that was shown.

Guess who?

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-17-01, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Uhm Brooke...."
Now that's the Shakes we know and love... excuse me while I get a smoke to light off that flame...

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-01, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: One thing that needs to be cleared up...."
I haven't read any posts saying that Jeanette was playing the money for her kid card. But I have skipped over a lot of thresds that just looked idiotic. I am not saying that they aren't there, but I think most of us realize that she wasn't playing it. It wasn't like she was playing like Krista was on BB2. BTW, Toni and ANdrea are really stupid people, they deserve icky things in life.

And you know what Shakes, I don't care what you think, I am gonna do this again, *HUGS*

GOD BLESS AMERICA

JulieMc 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-17-01, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JulieMc Click to send private message to JulieMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: One thing that needs to be cleared up...."
I wasn't really sure what to think of Jeanette when LC first aired. I thought that she kinda judged Adrian a little to harshly and that made me wonder about her. But I got a new perspective on her when Michael brought her back from Loser Island. She's an alright lady and i love the way she didn't back down from Toni and her psychotic breakdown!LOL Anyone who can look that in the face and remain sane is alright in my book

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: One thing that needs to be cleared up...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-01 AT 05:22 PM (EST)

>Anyone who can look that in the face and remain sane is alright in my book

*** Amen to that, sister!!! Jeanette didn't even FLINCH when psycho Toni went off on her! And we all know Toni and Andrea LIED!!! Jeanette seemed to me more and more like someone who had her head screwed onto her shoulders A-Okay!

Brookie dear, PLEASE refrain from telling THE GUY WHO WAS THERE AND WITNESSED IT ALL, UNEDITED how it was played. Thank you. You only saw a very tiny portion of what went on, as we all did. Michael was there - please do not correct him on the events that took place! That would be like if you had a hamburger for lunch and someone tells you, "No you didn't, you had chicken salad!" Capsice?

MICHAEL!!! I wish I was there to give you a hug, man! You played the game so well, and you and Jeanette stuck by each other when the going got tough! And when left holding the bag at the end, you gave the money and the trip to at least the only legitimate couple left standing, not those two "third couple" rejects!!! God, Shakes! You kept them from squeaking by into a bunch of money they didn't deserve! We totally love ya, Clownie!

Edit to add: Sorry, I'm on a roll!!!! Further, I had NO idea that Melissa had such a traumatic childhood and life! I didn't know she had no family, and I felt terrible for her. And who was there, comforting Melissa when she was letting it all out? Jeanette! Her competition - laying there next to her like a true friend, comforting Melissa after that asshole Anthony judged her and broke her down! Jeanette and Melissa (out of the women) seemed like the most human ones on that boat!

Okay, done ranting!

Lisapooh 12661 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: One thing that needs to be cleared up...."
shakes,

I'm glad you said that because I was wondering when Jeannette supposedly said all that stuff about needing the money. I missed an episode (sorry) so I assumed I had missed it. As a single mom, I also get a lot of unsolicited pity. I manage pretty well all by myself and it pisses me off when people try to "rescue" me. It's incredibly condescending.

Anyway, I thought it was great she didn't switch you out - because she was right - she wouldn't have been there if it wasn't for you. The two of you sticking together was the closest thing to noble that happened on that ship. And when you told her to switch you out if she thought she could win with someone else - that was awesome.

You both were very unselfish and showed a lot of class. For what it's worth, I wish you would have won. And I think much more highly of you now than I did before the show.

I thought you did great with the jury - I was really proud of you. I was sitting there thinking that no matter which way the jury leaned, you and Jeannette would be the obvious choice. If they wanted to vote for who needed the money most - Jeannette was the "right" choice. Personally I think the vote should go to who played the best game and that was you.

pooh
the great entity of the thread

JulieMc 23 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JulieMc Click to send private message to JulieMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: One thing that needs to be cleared up...."
Right on! I thought it was so great the way Michael and Jeanette stood by each other in the end Like Mike said in the hot seat, no romantic connection but a definite friendship there! Thumbs up guys;)

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-18-01, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: One thing that needs to be cleared up...."
I originally thought Jeannete had to go for how she told off Adrian, but it was the only thing that they left in the editing to make her look bad. She did indeed turn out to be an okay lady.
Anybody who is strong enough to go toe to toe with Toni like that is clearly too strong to be begging for money from those losers.
I think I finally got my explanation for why Melissa has such a sad, somber demeanor...poor kid! She can come to my house for Christmas any time.
Shakes, Jeannette, and Melissa conducted themselves well (except for Melissa losing her cool at the final vote under the influence of alcohol...I was lost on that one).
Good job clown boy!

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-18-01, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: One thing that needs to be cleared up...."
<<Also, Jeanette didn't even realize the full extent of what she signed up for....she actually thought that we would be on a vacation and they would come film us for a couple of hours a day and that was it..>>

She can't read or didn't understand the contract?

<< I suggest you go back and review the tapes and come up with even ONE instance where Jeanette tells anyone she needs the money.>>

And by golly, there were only two instances that we saw where she said, "The only reason I want to win is the trip for my mom."

Yeah, okay.

10-18-01, 02:35 AM (EST)
11. "lay off the drugs SkyRaider"
> And by golly, there
>were only two instances that
>we saw where she said,
>"The only reason I want
>to win is the trip
>for my mom."

...feel free to point to the exact moments where that happened? Oh, you can't? Might that be because you are completely full of crap?

just wondering, that's all.

Guess who?

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-18-01, 06:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: lay off the drugs SkyRaider"
Wasn't it Toni who kept saying she wanted to win for her mom? I think that is the only person I heard mention taking her mom on a trip.

/shrug

Cin

10-18-01, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: lay off the drugs SkyRaider"
Oh. Hmm.... shrug....

floridagirl 24 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail floridagirl Click to send private message to floridagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "LOL!!!"
GO Michael GO!!!!!

10-18-01, 10:05 AM (EST)
14. "RE: lay off the drugs SkyRaider"
To quote Shakes, when he still had a sense of humor before he mixed up reality and a game show......

"Blah, blah, blah......."

PepeLePew13 21243 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: lay off the drugs SkyRaider"
Well it WAS Jeanette who had "blah blah blah" on her cap, which was perfect for being a spittoon while Toni went off on her... and let's not forget that Mike did get to go on a trip on a boat and held his head high amongst all these losers (even if it's a crappy TV show)... while all of us here didn't get to have that kind of experience. Hard to have a sense of humour after that mind-numbing experience on the Mandalay... but he's shown over the last year he still has one, whether we like it or not.

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"
"Oh yeah." (maniacal laughter)
Anthony (talking to Adrian) on LC, Oct. 9/01

Dawn 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-18-01, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dawn Click to send private message to Dawn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Everyone needs to get a grip"
In all honesty, we are all ripping these people apart for what? Playing a game and being human. I don't know about Chicago, but in New York, it is par for the course that someone is going to lie in order to win $200,000. And as far as all of this lovey-dovey crap is concerned give me a break, I don't care what the problem is, I would not give $100,000 to someone I have only met for a couple of weeks.
But that aside, I think Toni was hysterical, Ralph was a pissa, who cares that they aren't nobel prize winning individuals. They were entertaining. Sponge Bob square pants didn't even need to show his face, he was a mere blur. Gina - you were the pretty girl that still never got over the fact that no one talked to you in high school. W-H-A-T-E-V-E-R! Anthony, just move to Greenwich Village, you will fit right in with every other out of work actor/ producer/ writer/ artsy-fartsy freak. Lisa, I just wanted to punch in her face every time she whined how ugly she is...then why the hell go on a reality show in order to confirm to millions of viewers that you are a cross-eyed whiney loser?!?! Michael I didn't mind you on the show, you made me laugh. But I much prefer you in a writers forum, I have to say I throughly enjoyed reading your re-caps of episodes. Laura, now she got a bum deal. She was pretty and just looking to hang out. I felt bad that she didn't even get near a chance. Tony (mohawk) get a grip, you need to check your estrogen levels, I have a really pretty pink tutu from my 6th grade dance recital if you want to borrow it!
To quote Sesame Street..."These are the people in your neighborhood" they are no different than who we encounter everytime we go to a nightclub, lounge, bar, etc... We just got to peek into their world for a few hours. So they can all take a bow, they had their 15 minutes, and can go back to their regular lives.

10-18-01, 12:59 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Everyone needs to get a grip"
Dawn.....

This was an EXECELLENT summary of the cast. Your final sentence about wraps it up....

<So they can all take a bow, they had their 15 minutes, and can go back to their regular lives.>

floridagirl 24 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail floridagirl Click to send private message to floridagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "SkyRaider we might actually"
agree on this? Great summary Dawn!

10-18-01, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dawn Click to send private message to Dawn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Everyone needs to get a grip"
>Dawn.....
>
> This was an EXECELLENT
>summary of the cast.
>Your final sentence about wraps
>it up....
>
><So they can all take a bow, they had their 15 minutes, and can go back to their regular lives.>
>
>
>

Thrill Seeker 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-18-01, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thrill%20Seeker Click to send private message to Thrill%20Seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "WELCOME Dawn"
Dawn, that is one of the best first posts I've ever read.
I like your Anthony/Grenwich Village slam and Lisa "the cross eyed whiner" visual.
Very good. Please post more of your hilarious stuff. I like it.

10-18-01, 01:39 PM (EST)
22. "RE: WELCOME Dawn"
Thank you very much, this is the first time i have ever been to or done one of these things so I am not 100% sure how this works, but I have plenty of opinons to share with whomever wants to hear them. Thanks again for the support, it made me smile.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •