The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thank You Shakes/Mike"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Love Cruise Everything (Protected)
Original message

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-01, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thank You Shakes/Mike"
I enjoyed this show.
I really did. There was no way to know that people would be so sick of NEWS, that we would NEED some fluff. Well we did need some fluff. Something fun to distract us from the Sh*t that is our daily lives.
Thanks Shakes, I needed this distraction, I needed this fun show,
I needed something shallow to LOVE on Tv for a couple few weeks.
I may not have watched it if not for you.

Yes the world went crazy on us, but we still crave some candy.
The Clown is very sweet these days. Reality TV is Candy, even the stuff that will rot our teeth.

Thanks Stupid Clown, for sharing the sweet stuff

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike LadyT 10-16-01 1
 RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike Gypsy 10-17-01 2
 RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike Outfrontgirl 10-17-01 3
 RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike PepeLePew13 10-17-01 4
 RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike northernlights 10-17-01 5
 RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike dabo 10-17-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike"
Awesome thresd big sis
Shakes you should be proud. You were the best person on the show and I am super pissed at the outcome. You should be proud of yourself

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Gypsy 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-17-01, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gypsy Click to send private message to Gypsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike"
I would like to echo the sentiments expressed above. I probably wouldn't have watched this show, if I didn't know about *Shakes the Clown*. I even got all 30 of my employees to watch it too It was a nice break from 'reality' as we've known it lately.

I was pulling for you Michael and you did great! Alas - I wish you would have won, but you played a great game and got to the finals. Personally I thought it was quite lame to bring in that 3rd couple - but at least it wasn't Psycho Toni.

Hope you get more than 15 minutes out of this thing!

Outfrontgirl 5470 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 03:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike"
Mike,
I said on Ebug's other thread how bummed I was that you didn't get any votes. Really, really bummed, because you so clearly deserved votes, and more than that, deserved to win.

Every vote that passed you by confirmed my low opinion of this group. Fortunately, Anthony is still broke, Toni's still a loser psychobitch, Andrea has sandpaper mouth and no mind of her own, and Ralph (sorry if you like this guy) is a traitorous ASS. The rest were sheep....baaah, except Greg and Tony seemed genuine.

I too thank you for getting us to watch. Truly, I don't watch anything on Fox any more and what with all the non-promotion and schedule disasters I'm sure I'd have missed it. I wonder why I don't watch Fox. Hmmm. Probably won't be able to sleep tonight trying to solve that enigma.

Best, best of fortune to you. May opportunity knock!
OFG
And hope you stay around here at SB. We've missed having you around during your whirlwind...

PepeLePew13 21243 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 06:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike"
Likewise, I think you did great... I watched this show only because you were on it and you did all of us proud with your up-and-downs and it helps show what a real person you are instead of just a rotating clown figurehead. You deserved a better ending than what was shown but with these lame-brains and editing of the show, what else did you expect? Typically with these reality shows, the people that the majority really wants to win end up going far but doesn't win (i.e. Elisabeth in S2, Rudy in S1, etc.).

Do stick around long after this show ends so we'll have you to trade flames with and throw jabs around on the Survivor boards!

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"
"Oh yeah." (maniacal laughter)
Anthony (talking to Adrian) on LC, Oct. 9/01

northernlights 5046 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike"
Ditto Ditto Ditto to all of the above!

I really did enjoy this show - probably because of the fact that I had been reading the ramblings of "Shakes the Clown" for quite some time and had to see what he was really like. It added something to the show for me as a viewer to have a slight connection to one of the contestants. I know you were not in your natural environment on the ship, surrounded by all the wackos, but your true personality shone through regardless. Congratulation Mike! You can walk away from this experience with your head held high unlike some of your shipmates. It broke my heart that nobody voted for you and Jeanette but I was happy to see that you had the last call on who won. It just seemed right. You were the show!

Like EBug said, thanks for sharing your experience with us...

lt

dabo 20247 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thank You Shakes/Mike"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-01 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

Mike, I was proud of you last night, you did the right thing. When the show started I didn't really think there was one chance in a million that a couple would actually emerge who seemed meant for each other, a perfect match. You made sure the right couple were brought back into it so they might win, you big old softy. Then you acted up in front of the jury. You did the right thing.

SMILES ARE FREE.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •